• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

I ordered the 24" tube because the 24" uk barrel on my AE was stupid fast. 155 scenar 2950fps 47gr varget.

I did the same thing, I loved the 24" lothar on my AE. It was a hammer and very fast. I ordered my AT the same way but was going to sell the factory barrel since I already have a 24" 308 bartlein and another on the way to chop to 16". I might have to keep all three 308 barrels though. I'm going to see what kind of velocity I can get out of the UK barrel with power pro and juggernauts.

Has any of the guys that received their short action AT already confirm that they indeed use the AIAW mags?

There should be no need for first hand experience to confirm that. All releases indicate AT mags and you can clearly see them using AW mags at shot show in the many demos the company put on for people. They've been very clear in that one of the benefits of the new AT is AW mags.

Hi beenjammin,
There were AX308 rifles shipped from AI as well as AT, AXMC300 and 338. Just to clarify, the AX308 is a stand alone rifle and not multi caliber. The AXMC is multi caliber but you can only order it in 300 and 338, the .308 is an accessory including barrel, bolt, magazine and magazine adaptor. Not sure what you ordered but if it was an AX308 then some have arrived.
Surffshr,
Without doing an official check and it is a holiday weekend here and in the UK i can give you quantities but cannot guarantee 100%. Not all have been shipped to distributors but they will be by this time next week.
AT x 59, AX308 x 12, AXMC300 x 14 and AXMC338 x 24
That is only the start and rifles will be arriving every month from now on.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Hi beenjammin,
There were AX308 rifles shipped from AI as well as AT, AXMC300 and 338. Just to clarify, the AX308 is a stand alone rifle and not multi caliber. The AXMC is multi caliber but you can only order it in 300 and 338, the .308 is an accessory including barrel, bolt, magazine and magazine adaptor. Not sure what you ordered but if it was an AX308 then some have arrived.
Surffshr,
Without doing an official check and it is a holiday weekend here and in the UK i can give you quantities but cannot guarantee 100%. Not all have been shipped to distributors but they will be by this time next week.
AT x 59, AX308 x 12, AXMC300 x 14 and AXMC338 x 24
That is only the start and rifles will be arriving every month from now on.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

This is why I am an AI customer for life. We get info from the top people at AI giving us constant updates. Can't wait for my AT, but I know the wait will be worth it. These new AI rifles are a home run!

Anybody hear from MHS about their AT yet? This wait is killing me.

Doesn't sound like they received theirs yet from my conversation with them on the phone today. Sounds like they were expecting them either later today or Tuesday. The rep I spoke with mentioned there were a bunch of folders on that order, but said she didn't think there were any 20" folders on there (which sucks as that's what I ordered). They do have a number of AINA barrels in stock from the sounds of it as that was the reason for my call. Picked up a 24" 260 barrel for the AT.

call EuroOptics and ask for Eric... I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped today.

If your prior or active mil/Leo be sure to ask for the discount.

Appreciate the response but I was asking about how to find a 6.5cm Bartlein barrel that would fit my AT. :)

For those wondering, I know Euro got a good shipment. :D

Mine will be shipping as soon as my payment is received.

Dave, call mile high if you haven't already. They just got a bunch of various barrels with the flats milled into them. I picked up a 260 barrel, they may have 6.5 cm in stock too

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I know this has briefly been talked about...

What's everyone's take on ring height in regards to AI's and how high the base sits?

I'll be running a NF F1 (50mm obj) and seeing how clearing the bell/obj won't be an issue, do you guys for see an issues with low rings (say .885-.92")?

I know this has briefly been talked about...

What's everyone's take on ring height in regards to AI's and how high the base sits?

I'll be running a NF F1 (50mm obj) and seeing how clearing the bell/obj won't be an issue, do you guys for see an issues with low rings (say .885-.92")?

I will be running the Spuhr 1.18 height with my S&B 5-25

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

The AXMC is multi caliber but you can only order it in 300 and 338, the .308 is an accessory including barrel, bolt, magazine and magazine adaptor.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

So I've ordered it in 338LM but from this statement here it seems that 300Wm won't be a caliber change accessory? Reason I ask is because I went ahead and order an AXMC in 338 thinking that both 300wm and 308 conversion kits would be available and if only the 308 kit will be available al a cart then I'll switch my order to a 300wm AXMC.

I'm sure Mr Irwin is gone for the weekend but if anyone knows the answer to this could you shed some light on it?

PS: One other question Mr Irwin, do you all have a ball park estimate as to the arrival of 308 caliber change kits?

Last edited:
Aero, you will be fine with your setup as ordered if you wish to convert from 338 to 300 or 338 to 308, etc.

I think Tom was trying to make it clear that the short action AX 308 is not the same as the AXMC 338 and 300 long actions are. The AX 308 features the same quick-change barrel feature that is across the board in the new 2014 rifles, but because it is built on the short action like the AT there are no provisions of converting it to anything other than another short action caliber. The AXMC 338 and 300 are convertible and will later have the accessory packages available for the conversions.

As far as the conversion kits themselves, only Tom could shed some light on that unless there's someone that happens to know where he has said otherwise.

Hi Aero and Zombie,
Not going anywhere this weekend and enjoying the sun in Western New York.
Zombie is correct. If you buy an AXMC300 0r 338 you can convert to .300, .338 and .308. If you buy an AX308 you cannot convert to a magnum.
You need to order the AX308 conversion kit and they are available but not sure of lead time.
Regards,
Tom Irwin
Accuracy Internationa

FYI on action rail height....we are going to fit a lower action rail as standard on the AT and then if you buy a night vision bracket you will also need a higher action rail. The higher action rail was to accommodate night vision.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

The info we've all been waiting for. Thanks tom. So will all rifles be shipped with both rails or just the low one?

Thanks

FYI on action rail height....we are going to fit a lower action rail as standard on the AT and then if you buy a night vision bracket you will also need a higher action rail. The higher action rail was to accommodate night vision.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

The info we've all been waiting for. Thanks tom. So will all rifles be shipped with both rails or just the low one? Also will the lower rail be canted?

Thanks

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Hmmm...I have an AT on order and was concerned about the rail height. So the rail will be lower than the ones we've been seeing in the pics? I ordered a spuhr 1.18. And plan on running an nxs w 50mm obj Thanks for all the updates. This was a big investment for me and I'm very happy with everything so far. Getting excited.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Wonderful, thanks!

The AT will ship with the lower rail but I do not know the introduction date until Tuesday as it is a holiday in the UK this weekend and Monday.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

So the rifles that have already shipped out (to the end user) will have the 20 moa base correct? I asked b/c I fall into that shipment of rifles and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row, in regards to proper ring height for a 50mm obj.

Last edited:
Just in. Awaiting my Near military mount...
ze7yheta.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping to purchase an AXMC when they are made with the fixed stock (due to draconian Australian firearm laws), but wanted to start with 308 Win before moving to 338 Lap Mag, as I was told to hone my marksmanship on a lower caliber before moving to the magnums.
I read that the AI AX 308 Win w/24"barrel weighs 13.90 lbs while the AI AXMC 338 w/27’’ barrel weights weighs 14.6 lbs, but the AXMC offers the possibility of conversion to 308 Win. Is ¾ of a pound going to make that much difference?

I doubt it, they just left AINA a week ago and it's basically a weeks transit to them. Euro optic received their shipment last week and those who had paid in full went out Thursday. Mine was at my dealer Friday evening.

Thanks redneckbmxer24 for the feed back. Just wondering if I made the first MHS shipment or not (like everyone else I suppose), and was wondering if silence meant a "no". :)