• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

Unfortunately i don't think any of us with standing Mile High orders have received that call. At least I haven't seen above yet. Would love that call, been on their list since mid Feb

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Like Redneck said it's a longer shipping time to Mile High than Euro. AINA to EuroOptic is damn near overnight while AINA to CO is quite a bit longer. On the funny side, I am about 10 miles from AINA and pre-ordered from Mile High so that rifle is going to travel all the way across the country only to turn around and head right back.

I got a call from EuroOptic that my AT came in. It shipped to my FFL today! :D

A big thank you to the folks at EuroOptic and AI for making me a supremely happy fellow!

Just in. Awaiting my Near military mount...
ze7yheta.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What length barrel you have on your AT? Oh, I hate you by the way. Lucky dog.

Out of curiosity, anyone going to be transporting these broken down completely? Barrel an all?

I'm quite curious about the idea of setting up a pelican case to fit the AT in with minimum footprint.

Out of curiosity, anyone going to be transporting these broken down completely? Barrel an all?

I'm quite curious about the idea of setting up a pelican case to fit the AT in with minimum footprint.

I ordered somrthing like this case through Mile High (AI Transit suitcase) for my 20" barreled AX308:

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/shotshow2014/images/ai/04.jpg

Its probably not going to be shipped in it though.

I'm waiting for my AI AXMC 308 in Tan. Will be getting 22" 260 barrel and 24" 308 barrel with 4 magazineantithesis 18 MOA 34mm scope mount. Have new DTA SRS soft case to carry all the gear and QD Atlas bipod just waiting to mounted. Hopefully, I'll be in the first batch, but if not, I can wait a month or two without driving myself crazy! Be patient. Be patient.

PS-My Pre order invoice is dated 01/22/14. Not sure where I fall on the list!

Last edited:
A little advice please. I am new to long range shooting, in fact all of my shooting has been with an off the shelf Remington 700 BDL .270cal. I took the big leap when I found out about the Accuracy International AT and ordered one from Mile High. I ordered the fixed stock AT with 24” barrel, Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25x56 on a Spuhr mount and a R&D muzzle brake. Mile High called and they can deliver a AT with 20” barrel. The question is what am I giving up going with the 20” or should I wait at least another 30 days to get the 24”?

I'd take the 20" but I'd opt for a folder. It's much more convenient being able to fold the stock for cleaning or bolt removal than having to remove the cheek piece all the time.

If you want more velocity I'm sure there will be plenty of people ditching the factory 308 barrels.

A little advice please. I am new to long range shooting, in fact all of my shooting has been with an off the shelf Remington 700 BDL .270cal. I took the big leap when I found out about the Accuracy International AT and ordered one from Mile High. I ordered the fixed stock AT with 24” barrel, Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25x56 on a Spuhr mount and a R&D muzzle brake. Mile High called and they can deliver a AT with 20” barrel. The question is what am I giving up going with the 20” or should I wait at least another 30 days to get the 24”?

Giving up a little velocity for lighter weight and more maneuverable platform by going with 20." For 308, the 20" barrel is the perfect size to me, but it's really up to whatever fits your desires. For me I have the 260 barrel I can spin on if I want to stretch out a bit further or for comps.

Man... I ordered a 20" pale brown and haven't received the call. I told them folder or non folder. Which ever comes first.

Curious when you placed your order Zombie, I'm trying to gauge where my stick could possible fall. Looks like I placed my order 1/22/14 with the deposit hitting shortly after.

-Ted

Order was placed in mid feb for tan 20" folder, plain barrel to be threaded by mile high. Ended up getting a factory threaded one instead as they had one in stock.

I am guessing that these initial orders were done by mile high to build a stock on what they typically sell. Then if it's close to or matches your specs they go by the list. I don't think this initial batch or two will go out strictly by when you placed your order.

Order was placed in mid feb for tan 20" folder, plain barrel to be threaded by mile high. Ended up getting a factory threaded one instead as they had one in stock.

I am guessing that these initial orders were done by mile high to build a stock on what they typically sell. Then if it's close to or matches your specs they go by the list. I don't think this initial batch or two will go out strictly by when you placed your order.

Yea that makes sense from a business standpoint. At this rate my rifle, S&B 5-25x56 Police Marksman II, and my thunderbeast 30P-1 may all come in at the same time :)

I'll be saving my pennies for next year.

Went though most if not all the thread (can't recall as too much to read in one sitting), but is there a reason they didn't do the magwell cutout on these like on the AX so it's easier to change out mags in the prone position? And though I wouldn't want to hack on a brand new gun myself, it this something a competent smith would be able to do w/o compromising the chassis strength?

Hi Everybody This is my First Thread in Sniper's Hide forum. I just bought a 2014 AI AXMC .300 win Mag Rifle. I need some help with deciding on Bullet choice. I am gonna shoot steel target 500 yard or below need to find cheap (but don't want to destroy my expensive gun) .300 win mag ammunition for all day shooting. And also I need something good over 500 yard up to a Mile(This ammunition has to be the best or higher BC etc....price doesn't matter) on paper or steel target. please let me know the brand,grains for both distances. (by the way I am not interested on reloading). Looking for something right out the Box for best accuracy. Thanks for your time. cheers!

Hi Everybody This is my First Thread in Sniper's Hide forum. I just bought a 2014 AI AXMC .300 win Mag Rifle. I need some help with deciding on Bullet choice. I am gonna shoot steel target 500 yard or below need to find cheap (but don't want to destroy my expensive gun) .300 win mag ammunition for all day shooting. And also I need something good over 500 yard up to a Mile(This ammunition has to be the best or higher BC etc....price doesn't matter) on paper or steel target. please let me know the brand,grains for both distances. (by the way I am not interested on reloading). Looking for something right out the Box for best accuracy. Thanks for your time. cheers!

Here you go........... 300 Win Mag / 230gr Berger Hybrid - 20rd Box. Shot some through my PSR 300WinMag and easily sub half moa, bought around 600 rounds for an upcoming course

rgr... I guess I'll do the same once I see what's needed.

thanks much
K_4c,
You don't need to modify a rail ,AI makes various mounts. If you need a pic rail for an Atlas bipod, you can order one through whoever you bought your rifle from. I already had an AI bipod I got with my AE but when I got my AT, I ordered a mount so I could use a Harris bipod.

Ok here is my plan...I have an AT 20 folder 308 on order w MH. They will be threading it (running a TB direct thread) Will be putting a NF NXS in a spuhr mount on it...I was going to get a 6.5 creedmore barrel for long range and a 16.5 308 for a short one. Now I'm thinking about having MH cut the 20 to 18.5 when they thread it. I just want to make sure I won't hurt the accuracy (I have searched and read everything I could find). I won't be shooting the 08 past 500. Is the 1/12 good for 18.5
I had cash in hand to buy an AE and I'm sure glad I went the AT route....this is a huge investment for me and this has been great

Do you have a specific requirement for a shorter barrel? As you probably know more barrel means more time for gases to push the bullet, more muzzle velocity and better bullet stability at distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in LE and just like the compact size. Will be shooting 200 yards and closer about 98% of the time with the 08 Occasionally throw so out to 500. That's why I'm getting the 6.5 for longer ranges. I just want to make sure I don't hurt the 200 yard in accuracy. I have several "one hole" guns w 20 inch barrels and would hate to spend all this money and hurt the accuracy with an 18.5 on my new one.

I'm in LE and just like the compact size. Will be shooting 200 yards and closer about 98% of the time with the 08 Occasionally throw so out to 500. That's why I'm getting the 6.5 for longer ranges. I just want to make sure I don't hurt the 200 yard in accuracy. I have several "one hole" guns w 20 inch barrels and would hate to spend all this money and hurt the accuracy with an 18.5 on my new one.

You will not hurt accuracy. Short barrels are no excuse for poor marksmanship.

I will be ordering s similar setup 18" .308, 22" .260 and a ball buster 26" .243 not run with a can.

Now who wants to buy a kidney?

There should be no issues with you shortening the barrel length and it having any measurable effect on accuracy. You get no additional stability or accuracy from a longer barrel. The only thing you gain is a higher muzzle velocity which will better take advantage of the BC of the bullet further down range. Anyone who says otherwise needs to read more as there have been a number of places who have taken a particular barrel tested it, hacked off another inch, tested it, and so on down to much shorter than 18.5. Long distance performance would be my only hesitation with going shorter, but it is clear that you have that covered.