• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

official shtf plan what you gonna grab

Re: official shtf plan what you gonna grab

remember this fellas, zombies dont eat retard! SO, make sure you know the exact location of the local retard at all times, when the zombies come high tail it to secure the package (the re-re) and keep him with you, its kinda like garlic to vampires, which reminds me make sure you have garlic in your shelter.

it's kinda like the underground railroad......of sex

I'm gonna be like Bill Murray in 'Zombieland' - hiding in plain sight, watching the world crumble around me.

vlcsnap-2009-10-14-08h14m09s175.png

I just hope I don't have a crappy actor blast me in the chest with a sawed off shotty once I get comfortable.

Zombies, skitters, graboids, gremlins, apes, Cyberdyne machines...I'll be drinking a beer, watching TV.

Junkie-
I am not picking on you but you danced around the question. not even the simpliest of hard numbers.

But to play with what you presented, an MRE is NOT capable of keeping an adult alive at one per day. Just try it. My combat ration experience runs from C-rats with cigarettes to vegan MREs.

Now just what disaster are you preparing for where you just get to sit around listless? I will bet a shiny nickle quite a few people will know what you have and want in on it. You and two females are going to setup a defence and watch roster?

There is alot more to this than we hide and eat, the rest of em will never know.

But back to some real numbers, you should figure if you are to have a realistic chance of defending your pile of ramen noodles your going to be active. figure a combined 10 pounds of food and water per day to stay healthy enough to be mentally alert to have half a chance to stay ahead of those who want your food and your wimmens!

Now before people start thinking you can just stick a few cardboard flats of noodles in the closet and be GTG. Civilian packaging is very poor at any sort of long term storage. Place a case in the garage and see what enjoys the noodles.

Next look at the canned goods and noodles for sodium content. generally around 30%. A strong healthy 27 year old doesnt worry about high blood pressure but water intake will be increased, especailly in heat.

So you have to store 300 pounds of food and water per person for a month.

Good Luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: notquiteright</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Junkie-

Next look at the canned goods and noodles for sodium content. generally around 30%. A strong healthy 27 year old doesnt worry about high blood pressure but water intake will be increased, especailly in heat.
</div></div>

The sodium content in canned goods is usually very high... I wold have to imagine trying to live with that high of a sodium intake for an extended period of time would have horrible effects on your personal health.

I was told as a minimum being inactive an MRE will last one day being like I said "inactive"...An active male in my age, height, and weight group can burn around 3500 calories in a day...a military MRE is about 1000 so that isnt enough if your trooping across the desert on foot...MREs have more sodium than you want but its still carbs none the less and with ramen nobody said you have to eat the flavoring packet which has the majority of the sodium. If you dont have access to a large body of water then storing enough water would be really difficult but I will filter my own if the well stops operating. My girl friend is a government civilian pharmacy tech and in nursing school...She dealt directly with the base emergency supply of pharmaceuticals and keeping them cycled and unexpired. She keeps us up to date on what we need and friends that are doc and NPs write a script or 2 every once in awhile. Im sorry I am dancing around the answers I guess but none of this I feel is concrete and like I said I am in a unique situation were I have plenty...The catfish are almost like pets and easy to catch...blue gills and smaller large mouth bass easy too from my pond and make a decent dinner...Also the river is walking distance from the house through the woods and hunting lease is in walking distance and is 5000+ acres and surround but many more leases and thousands of acres...................anyways I got to run for a bit be back later

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BapZander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why does everyone want the fat chicks? They may be more insulation from radiation and keep the Zombies busy for a longer time when caught but the skinny chicks are easier to feed and fit in smaller spaces for safe keeping. </div></div>

Because the fat ones try harder.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: notquiteright</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some idea of what hunger, REAL hunger feels like, how to be alert when every nerve is screaming, "I am tired, forget the firearms in the car and just go inside and get some sleep."</div></div>Sleep... Sleep and thirst... When you're hungry all you can think of is food. But that's nothing compared to thirst - thirst so bad you can't talk because your tongue is stuck. Shtf plan? Really? An 'official' plan? If you can plan then your world hasn't narrowed sufficiently for the shtf. </div></div>

Hunger subsides after about 3 days. I once went 8 days with only about 2000 calories consumed, and that was days 4-8.

Luckily in my case the shit hit the toilet - about every 15 minutes for 7 days straight.

Never understood the fear about zombies. Zombies eat brains, which means that 99.9% of people have nothing to worry about during a zombie invasion.

Speaking of Red Green...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJ9yydrnBWI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJ9yydrnBWI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing will happen. There will be no apocalypse as some imagine. </div></div>

Not sure I'd agree with you after the past few days.....

http://youtu.be/k7H02HSip_c

I'd recommend stocking up on cheap trainers, video games and crappy Chinese electronics

...and a shotgun
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing will happen. There will be no apocalypse as some imagine. </div></div>

Not sure I'd agree with you after the past few days.....

http://youtu.be/k7H02HSip_c

I'd recommend stocking up on cheap trainers, video games and crappy Chinese electronics

...and a shotgun
wink.gif
</div></div>

No need to worry. You guys have a queen.
grin.gif
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n5pkDB7zEeo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n5pkDB7zEeo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least they could cut heads off when folks got a little out of hand!!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

True, but there wasn't much vocal freedom. You trade some for some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Move to the country and watch the glow at night as the citys burn. Shoot any stranger on sight.</div></div>

does this mean i have to shoot my right hand on sight?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Move to the country and watch the glow at night as the citys burn. Shoot any stranger on sight.</div></div>

does this mean i have to shoot my right hand on sight? </div></div>WHAT!?

LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OegTja4kpt0

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomholzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Move to the country and watch the glow at night as the citys burn. Shoot any stranger on sight.</div></div>

LOL

</div></div>

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the%20stranger

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">the stranger </span> </span>

To lay on one's arm so as to deny the passage of blood and ultimately loose feeling in the limb, followed by the act of mastrubation with said limb.
I gave myself the stranger last night.

So rubber, surgical tubing is on everyone's shtf list now?

You can't choose that all the women in your area were mercilessly destroyed, but at least you can give yourself a Rapture Jack.

The #1 answer of what to grab if the S.H.T.F is......Your ankles...then kiss your ass good-bye. Nuclear winter trumps prep plans and prayers.Anything short of that is just the history of Mankind.Revolt,Independence,Democracy,revolt,Anarchy,DictatorshipRevolt and so it goes round and round.

Beans, bullets, guns, water...

Travel light and maintain ability to move fast. Don't get tied down to one fixed position. A fixed position is just a place waiting to be over run.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost1941</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/evr_tP9cJWY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/evr_tP9cJWY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Where does this shit come from!! Haha. I've seen a few of these videos now with these two characters. Some pretty funny stuff. </div></div>

I love those videos LMAO..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BetterSniperThanU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Baby wipes...Thats Dumb!</div></div>

your profile is dumb

I’m going to grab the wife/dogs (maybe not in that order) and a few local friends with our BOB’s and go to the Federal Women’s Prison near by and make the place vacant. Then batten down the hatches and live of their food stores, water and generators while enjoying the high level of security it affords.

And of course all the weapons and ammo we can move.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sqidd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I’m going to grab the wife/dogs (maybe not in that order) and a few local friends with our BOB’s and go to the Federal Women’s Prison near by and <span style="color: #FF0000">GET SHOT TO DEATH BY THE GAURDS</span>. Then batten down the hatches and live of their food stores, water and generators while enjoying the high level of security it affords.

</div></div>

There fixed it for you. You really think that those guards are just going to let you and your fellow redneck locals come in and take their stuff? Yeah I'd let you and your uncle/cousins come right on in to my fortified position and take my stuff. Nice try Jethro!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer 2c</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sqidd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I’m going to grab the wife/dogs (maybe not in that order) and a few local friends with our BOB’s and go to the Federal Women’s Prison near by and <span style="color: #FF0000">GET SHOT TO DEATH BY THE GAURDS</span>. Then batten down the hatches and live of their food stores, water and generators while enjoying the high level of security it affords.

</div></div>

There fixed it for you. You really think that those guards are just going to let you and your fellow redneck locals come in and take their stuff? Yeah I'd let you and your uncle/cousins come right on in to my fortified position and take my stuff. Nice try Jethro! </div></div>

Are you a prison gaurd?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomholzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Move to the country and watch the glow at night as the citys burn. Shoot any stranger on sight.</div></div>

LOL

</div></div>
skeet skeet skeet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer 2c</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sqidd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I’m going to grab the wife/dogs (maybe not in that order) and a few local friends with our BOB’s and go to the Federal Women’s Prison near by and <span style="color: #FF0000">GET SHOT TO DEATH BY THE GAURDS</span>. Then batten down the hatches and live of their food stores, water and generators while enjoying the high level of security it affords.

</div></div>

There fixed it for you. You really think that those guards are just going to let you and your fellow redneck locals come in and take their stuff? Yeah I'd let you and your uncle/cousins come right on in to my fortified position and take my stuff. Nice try Jethro! </div></div>

Wow... someone needs to talk to a therapist and work out their feelings toward "rednecks".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Here2Learn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Wow... someone needs to talk to a therapist and work out their feelings toward "rednecks". </div></div>
Yeah, no kidding. I have been called a lot of things in my life. But NEVER a redneck, LOL!

I can understand his confusion though. Everyone knows that Michigan is known for its plethora of rednecks.

Prison? are you crazy?
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VF_eVnfHrTg&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VF_eVnfHrTg&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prison? are you crazy?</div></div>

It a Womens prison..........oh wait, that could be worse!
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sqidd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prison? are you crazy?</div></div>

It a Womens prison..........oh wait, that could be worse!
eek.gif
</div></div>

Women's prisons are worse, and unless your an Uber Grand Dragon Ninja Master, desended and twice removed from Bruce Lee's family tree, specializing in the Falcon Punch then, you and your one-eyed monster are dead.

Kinda like this...Same concept.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEsbY1-9UYg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEsbY1-9UYg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Women's prisons are worse, and unless your an Uber Grand Dragon Ninja Master, desended and twice removed from Bruce Lee's family tree, specializing in the Falcon Punch then, you and your one-eyed monster are dead.
</div></div>
I am no where hear the above. But I am incredibly sarcastic. A superpower not to be taken lightly.
wink.gif

I was thinking along the lines of “breaking them out”, and once its empty moving in and hunkering down. I have to imagine that the offer of “freedom” would be rather enticing to prisoners. It’s unlikely they would know there is a zombie issue and want to stay.

I agree on the female prisoner thing though. I think I would rather deal with the zombies.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sqidd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>
I am no where hear the above. But I am incredibly sarcastic. A superpower not to be taken lightly.
wink.gif

I was thinking along the lines of “breaking them out”, and once its empty moving in and hunkering down. I have to imagine that the offer of “freedom” would be rather enticing to prisoners. It’s unlikely they would know there is a zombie issue and want to stay.

I agree on the female prisoner thing though. I think I would rather deal with the zombies.
grin.gif

</div></div>

Wait.....Your idea is to get your buddies and stage a "break out" of an entire FEDERAL women's prison? I would like to restate my first position. I'll be more polite. Your brilliant plan does have a few flaws. First lets say you can get past the lobby, usually during daylight hours 3-5 guards at all times, without the alarm being sounded and the entire building locked down tighter than a ducks backside. Then you have to get through each individual guard station and choke point built into every cell block and major point of movement, again without the alarm being sounded and the entire building locked down tighter than a ducks backside. Prisons are designed not only to keep the populations in but to keep the undesirables out. At each point of contact one press of a button from the control operator can lock every door both in front and behind you. Leaving you and your buddies in a world of hurt. Also your idea that the inmates would not know about the disaster at hand is flawed on two accounts, one all these people do is watch tv, and two your forgetting the guards themselves. They are the major source of information in any prison, and they would know. And those guards would pull themselves and their families inside that prison and lock it down ASAP, possibly letting the population out, possibly removing them from the equation all together.

Also to answer your question, no I'm not a prison guard, but I happen to have a Maxi-Max Guard in the fam. And no I don't mind a Redneck now and then, but I do have a problem with dumb ideas. Time to find a new plan, young jedi, yours is flawed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer 2c</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sqidd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>
wink.gif

grin.gif

</div></div>

Wait.....Your idea is to get your buddies and stage a "break out" of an entire FEDERAL women's prison? I would like to restate my first position. I'll be more polite. Your brilliant plan does have a few flaws. First lets say you can get past the lobby, usually during daylight hours 3-5 guards at all times, without the alarm being sounded and the entire building locked down tighter than a ducks backside. Then you have to get through each individual guard station and choke point built into every cell block and major point of movement, again without the alarm being sounded and the entire building locked down tighter than a ducks backside. Prisons are designed not only to keep the populations in but to keep the undesirables out. At each point of contact one press of a button from the control operator can lock every door both in front and behind you. Leaving you and your buddies in a world of hurt. Also your idea that the inmates would not know about the disaster at hand is flawed on two accounts, one all these people do is watch tv, and two your forgetting the guards themselves. They are the major source of information in any prison, and they would know. And those guards would pull themselves and their families inside that prison and lock it down ASAP, possibly letting the population out, possibly removing them from the equation all together.

Also to answer your question, no I'm not a prison guard, but I happen to have a Maxi-Max Guard in the fam. And no I don't mind a Redneck now and then, but I do have a problem with dumb ideas. Time to find a new plan, young jedi, yours is flawed. </div></div>

Your taking this way to seriously. Have a beer, relax.
wink.gif