• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

ORIGIN Orders

Pusher591,
I have a supply of the Black Hills commercial MK262MOD1, the red box 5.56 77gr OTM. I am going to try that first. I will report back. I also have some NOSLER RDF 85gr, Federal 205M primers and Varget I want to try to build a load. I will admit my reloading skill is basic at best.

Reactions: Pusher591
Figured I could add my build in here now since its complete.

Bighorn Arms Origin Action
6.5 Creed
26.5" Benchmark medium palma
Area 419 Hellfire Brake
XLR Industries Envy Chassis
Timney Calvin Elite flat shoe
Leupold Mark 5HD Tremor3
Leupold Mark 4 High Rings

rifle.jpg

rifle3.jpg

Reactions: kriller134
Range report:
Sorry! No photos. Took a few but my phone dumped them when it CRASHED.... Oh well. Time for a new phone anyway..,

Anyway, my son and i have Identical Origin;s with PVA 24" .223 Wylde barrels. His is in an XLR envy and mine is in the above KMW Sentinel stock.

He shot an easy 3/8" group at 100. He has about 200 rounds through his barrel. I fired 50 today for my first range trip.

Dope to 500 was 2.9 mils for me he needed 3.1. My MV was slightly higher than his after 10 rounds over the magneetospeed.

We shoot with TBAC Ultra-7, recoil is very very light.

He has been having a few light primer strikes. This is with Factory Black Hills 77gr OTM. Email to Big Horn to try to get it answered. No issues in mine. I took his light primer strike round and it fired fine in my gun...

Both have Timney 510.

Fun range day, got gun zeroed and solid dope to 500.

Range report:
Sorry! No photos. Took a few but my phone dumped them when it CRASHED.... Oh well. Time for a new phone anyway..,

Anyway, my son and i have Identical Origin;s with PVA 24" .223 Wylde barrels. His is in an XLR envy and mine is in the above KMW Sentinel stock.

He shot an easy 3/8" group at 100. He has about 200 rounds through his barrel. I fired 50 today for my first range trip.

Dope to 500 was 2.9 mils for me he needed 3.1. My MV was slightly higher than his after 10 rounds over the magneetospeed.

We shoot with TBAC Ultra-7, recoil is very very light.

He has been having a few light primer strikes. This is with Factory Black Hills 77gr OTM. Email to Big Horn to try to get it answered. No issues in mine. I took his light primer strike round and it fired fine in my gun...

Both have Timney 510.

Fun range day, got gun zeroed and solid dope to 500.

Those guns sure looked nice when I saw them today in person!

I have my Origin, and the TT Diamond... waiting on the mannners eh1a and haven’t decided on the barrel yet. I’m going to be running it as a 6.5cm and 22” cut-rifled. Honestly, I’m torn on the barrel, my current options are below...
1) Proof CF Savage Pre-fit
2) Keystone Shouldered
3) PVA Shouldered
4) Core Shooting Barrel
5) ?
Any recommendations? These are in no particular order.

I have my Origin, and the TT Diamond... waiting on the mannners eh1a and haven’t decided on the barrel yet. I’m going to be running it as a 6.5cm and 22” cut-rifled. Honestly, I’m torn on the barrel, my current options are below...
2) Keystone Shouldered
3) PVA Shouldered
4) Core Shooting Barrel
5) ?

LRI shouldered
Keystone shouldered

Keystone can get you a barrel very fast in my experience. All are good options on that list. Mullerworks blank from bugholes sent to Keystone for chambering and threading is always a good option.

I got my actions a few weeks ago. I got a short action standard and magnum bolt face. I don't have any parts for the mag action yet, #2 contour 6.5 PRC prefit is on order from July.

6.5 Creedmoor Specs:
Origin
PVA Barrel nut
Criterion 6.5 Creedmoor 26" target barrel
Gieselle Super 700 Trigger
Manners EH1 w. Mini Chassis in elite swamp camo
Seekins low rings
Nightforce 4-14x56 SHV

All in, gun weighs around 12 pounds.

I haven't gotten a brake yet, still window shopping for a silencer/mount. The trigger is great but has a little more cock on close than I expected. The scope is pretty damn close to the barrel, I may pick up medium rings and use the low rings on the hunting action but I'm still on the fence as cheek weld is about perfect.

a6ID4JJ.jpg

She shoots ok too (virgin Lapua brass, CCI 400 primers, IMR 4831, ELD-M 147). Still picking a load, all shot well, single digit extreme spreads on a few different loads in the ladder.
3Azdr08.jpg

GoiiDXZ.jpg

VCMk1ma.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffLebowski
I got my actions a few weeks ago. I got a short action standard and magnum bolt face. I don't have any parts for the mag action yet, #2 contour 6.5 PRC prefit is on order from July.

6.5 Creedmoor Specs:
Origin
PVA Barrel nut
Criterion 6.5 Creedmoor 26" target barrel
Gieselle Super 700 Trigger
Manners EH1 w. Mini Chassis in elite swamp camo
Seekins low rings
Nightforce 4-14x56 SHV

All in, gun weighs around 12 pounds.

I haven't gotten a brake yet, still window shopping for a silencer/mount. The trigger is great but has a little more cock on close than I expected. The scope is pretty damn close to the barrel, I may pick up medium rings and use the low rings on the hunting action but I'm still on the fence as cheek weld is about perfect.

a6ID4JJ.jpg

She shoots ok too (virgin Lapua brass, CCI 400 primers, IMR 4831, ELD-M 147). Still picking a load, all shot well, single digit extreme spreads on a few different loads in the ladder.

VCMk1ma.jpg

GoiiDXZ.jpg

3Azdr08.jpg
I wish your pictures were showing for me... sounds similar to what I’m working on. I’m just seeing little boxes idk about anyone else. I’m running a Criterion on my AR, great barrel for zero wait...

My Origin arrived yesterday. All the bits and pieces are starting to come together.
Waiting on my barrel from Keystone Accuracy, ordered a 24" heavy palma in 6mm creedmoor.
Also need to decide on an optic/mount. May go with a cronus BTR as I can get a fairly good price on one thru distribution.

I am getting a bit of cock-on-close with the TT Diamond, but will probably send out to get timed before next shooting season.
Fit and finish on the action are fantastic. Can't wait to shoot it!

IMG_20181127_202728.jpg

I have been waiting on my PVA barrel for a while but it was a much smaller contour (#2) than what they stock so I'm factoring in that they had to wait for the blank. With wait time on a custom blank I'm still well within the time frame I'd expect. I don't need the rifle until October 2019 for hunting and I don't have any of the other parts, so I'm not worrying yet. Also, their barrel nut is top notch!

That being said, Northland Shooter Supply had the criterion barrel on the shelf and it shipped same day payment cleared. Only just starting load development but for the price ($375 or so) I;m extremely happy.

I’m not against a long wait, especially for an extremely high quality product. That being said, I’m going to avoid being one of the many people calling them on a monthly basis by utilizing a different company for the initial barrel and trying PVA for additionals

I have been waiting on my PVA barrel for a while but it was a much smaller contour (#2) than what they stock so I'm factoring in that they had to wait for the blank. With wait time on a custom blank I'm still well within the time frame I'd expect. I don't need the rifle until October 2019 for hunting and I don't have any of the other parts, so I'm not worrying yet. Also, their barrel nut is top notch!

That being said, Northland Shooter Supply had the criterion barrel on the shelf and it shipped same day payment cleared. Only just starting load development but for the price ($375 or so) I;m extremely happy.
They turn their own contours I believe

2) Keystone Shouldered
3) PVA Shouldered
4) Core Shooting Barrel
5) ?
What about a hawk hill barrel?

Attachments

• 20181108_193036.jpg
    20181108_193036.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: Precisiondada
Spent some time with John Huber last night. Working with my trigger and my Origin. It looks like when I installed the trigger I bent the spring. He replaced it for me and now it closes a lot better, but I still think there’s some cock on close there still. I’ll probably dry fire it as it is for a week or so and then send it in to get timed.

Spent some time with John Huber last night. Working with my trigger and my Origin. It looks like when I installed the trigger I bent the spring. He replaced it for me and now it closes a lot better, but I still think there’s some cock on close there still. I’ll probably dry fire it as it is for a week or so and then send it in to get timed.
Who did you decide on to do the timing?

2) Keystone Shouldered
3) PVA Shouldered
4) Core Shooting Barrel
5) ?
I have a shouldered prefit from pva in 6 creedmoor. It took about 6 months to get it. I cant get it to group at all. Its on my origin with a tt diamond trigger. Ive tried the 105 bergers, 115 dtacs and Hornady factory ammo. Maybe I just got a bad one. I got the cut rifling, most expensive one. I don't know of anyone else having problems with them though.

I have a shouldered prefit from pva in 6 creedmoor. It took about 6 months to get it. I cant get it to group at all. Its on my origin with a tt diamond trigger. Ive tried the 105 bergers, 115 dtacs and Hornady factory ammo. Maybe I just got a bad one. I got the cut rifling, most expensive one. I don't know of anyone else having problems with them though.

Have you ruled out everything else before knowing for sure it’s the barrel? By that I mean scope/tracking, rings, base?

2) Keystone Shouldered
3) PVA Shouldered
4) Core Shooting Barrel
5) ?

Consider a Criterion savage pre-fit. It's not cut rifled but they probably have a 6.5 CM bbl ready to ship. I bought one as an extra in .308 when I realized my PVA bbl wasnt going to make it in time. Shoots great.

Reactions: memilanuk
I told someone I would post pics of my final build completed last week. Here she is.

I've been running 140gr ELD-M's to fireform and break in the bbl, I plan to load with these going forward for my match loads.

I was getting just a tad over 2900 fps with them in my 25" bbl running 44.9 grains of H4350, but that was just my fire form load. Now that I have my first 100 pieces of brass fireformed for my 260 AI chamber, it's time to start the real load workup.
Inked1_LI.jpg
Inked3_LI.jpg

Inked2_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Consider a Criterion savage pre-fit. It's not cut rifled but they probably have a 6.5 CM bbl ready to ship. I bought one as an extra in .308 when I realized my PVA bbl wasnt going to make it in time. Shoots great.
I actually have a Nitrided Criterion on my AR, shoots really well but I’m looking to try someone different.