• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

This^^^^
And also.....

You glow like a muffuccah.
1719461886795.png

This^^^^
And also.....

You glow like a muffuccah.
On that topic-

Just wanted to add, don't you find the 'you glow' response tiresome by now? I get that's standard response from the local brain trust but really- don't you think that's played out? You've been a member here for what... 14 years? Surely even you are getting tired of that response by now.

-LD

Reactions: Thunderkok
On that topic-

Just wanted to add, don't you find the 'you glow' response tiresome by now? I get that's standard response from the local brain trust but really- don't you think that's played out? You've been a member here for what... 14 years? Surely even you are getting tired of that response by now.

-LD
Even if you weren't a glowie, and I'm not saying you aren't, isn't this exactly what a glowie would post? Do you think there are less gay glowies here than 14 years ago?

Are you even awake?

Even if you weren't a glowie, and I'm not saying you aren't, isn't this exactly what a glowie would post? Do you think there are less gay glowies here than 14 years ago?

Are you even awake?
I hear you but this is where this conversation leads to...

1719463846520.png

Nobody can convince the other that they aren't part of some elaborate government sting so I'm just going to acknowledge this and leave you to your own conclusions as well. I'm not going to 'protest too much' but if you think I'm a glowie then, as I mentioned previously, then there's the below option...

1719463986097.jpeg

For what it's worth- I hope you don't elect that choice because at this point I've got most of the folks that stir the pot already having me on ignore and I enjoy the discussion with the remaining folks (plus I post some pretty wicked Meme's regularly) but you're your own person and are free to make your own choice and do what's best for you and your family.

I reckon you won't be satisfied by that response but you can (again) always place me on ignore tonight or (if you're on the fence at least) give me a chance and come to a conclusion later.

For what it's worth- I've started some pretty cool threads that were totally 'non-glowie' like local ghost stories, love of quality leather, etc. Check it out and come to your own conclusion. But hey- that might be what a glowie would say too... up to you.

I'm on cloud 9 regardless because (as posted elsewhere) I'm finally going to be a homeowner and snagged a fantastic deal in about 4 weeks (I posted on that subject elsewhere). So you won't hurt my feelings by any means but I hope you stick around to discuss later. Just don't say anything 'incriminating' if you're on the fence on whether I'm a glowie and it becomes a nonissue and we might have some good chats down the line.

Again, up to you.

-LD

On that topic-

-LD
Here's the thing.....if it walks and talks like a duck.....it's usually a duck. You burst in here one day rambling on about this and that like you've been here for years. What is tiresome is the constant line of feds, trolls and basement dwelling mall cops playing the "hello fellow firearms enthusiasts " game.. I have no idea which one of these you are.....or hell....maybe you're none of the above....just one of those people that doesn't pick up on social cues. Bottom line is you stick out. If you're a fed.....go back to boot licking school and try again. If you're not....idk....try not sticking out the same way
the rest of your colleagues....I mean others we've pinned down and drove away.

• Sad
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
The glowfaggot luckyduck?
The rules are more lax on this thread- so what's your beef with me? Is it my dank meme's, my occasional contrary opinions to your coveted and self created echo chamber or is it just because I'm a sexual tyrannosaurs that that threatens you?

1719465394501.png

If you want to play internet 'tough guy here' ok, that's your prerogative but your'e going to miss out on some sweet meme's moving forward. But that's your choice. Again your SH experience is important to us so may I suggest the below option if you're presently experiencing issues?

1719465496052.jpeg

-LD

• Haha
Reactions: 91Eunozs
Here's the thing.....if it walks and talks like a duck.....it's usually a duck. You burst in here one day rambling on about this and that like you've been here for years. What is tiresome is the constant line of feds, trolls and basement dwelling mall cops playing the "hello fellow firearms enthusiasts " game.. I have no idea which one of these you are.....or hell....maybe you're none of the above....just one of those people that doesn't pick up on social cues. Bottom line is you stick out. If you're a fed.....go back to boot licking school and try again. If you're not....idk....try not sticking out the same way
the rest of your colleagues....I mean others we've pinned down and drove away.
First off- let me be respectful, your comment is not without merit. That said- you are not the gatekeeper of SH, and this is a public discussion forum (within the limits of what the mod's set) so respectfully- I don't care if I 'stick out to you' by offering contrary opinions. I'm also not interested in pacifying your 'echo chamber' on a discussion forum. Is your profile accurate that you're from CA? If so that doesn't exactly work to your favor regardless.

I'm assuming that you've long since been a 'big boy' and you should be prepared to hear contrary opinions that might not stroke your own perceptions. Not calling you out partner, just saying that as a "welcome to the internet" wake up you might need some thicker skin though. Oh- I assure you, you won't find a government worker responding to you at almost 2am so (again respectfully) how about you lick your own boot and show me that "Kiwi Shine" later?

-LD

It seems you are oversimplifying opinions as well as causes.

Regarding housing and housing costs, entry level jobs at McDonalds, WalMart, etc. are simply that. They are low skill entry level jobs that pay accordingly.

Jobs that parallel those have existed for the last century including during the post WWII boom years. Even during those times, similar jobs were NEVER expected to allow the employee to pay for a house. They are entry level jobs that are viewed as stepping stones into the higher employment market.

You learn how to show up on time, work with people, follow instructions, be responsible for your results, learn to pay taxes and learn to compete for advancements.

Current norms incubated by over-reaching government have fostered the mindset of equal outcome rather than equal opportunity. Now there are many that are demanding such. It doesn't help that the U.S. has exported the vast majority of its high paying/high security manufacturing jobs and is devolving our workforce into a service economy.

The mechanisms for equal opportunity still exist, are still available and are still being used by young people to succeed and build wealth up to and including purchasing a house.

The entire structure of Capitalism is a flow from entry level beginning through high skill/high expertise and finally retiring out of the system with financial security. The speed at which you move through the flow is up to the individual. Recognizing that there will always be exceptions like professional connections, etc., the ones that work the hardest and smartest will succeed accordingly.

Since there is a continuous stream of new people entering the workforce, there will ALWAYS be labor to fill the entry level jobs at the gas station, WalMart and McDonalds. Those employees are not to be looked down on as Poors or second rate since they are transitory by choice. Those entering those jobs should always have their sights set on higher paying positions within or outside where they start.

Is somebody being played?
Most likely, both on a micro scale as well as a national and societal scale.
It is still going to boil down to taking responsibility for your own future outcome as much as possible then taking the actions and sacrifices (time and hard work) to see it to fruition.

A true meritocracy-based system will always produce the most innovation, peace and prosperity. Every time.
Only those that want individual power will argue otherwise as they prefer to be the ones to dictate who gets what and hand out available resources.
With that type of power, what could possibly go wrong? . . .

Lots and lots of variables not the least of which include that .gov is the largest and least accountable employer in the system.

One way that I can see citizens are being “played” is that the unelected ruling elite want to pit us against each other.
Breed hatred and discontent amongst the easily led, based on political differences, racial differences, religious differences, economic/income differences and EVEN AGE differences.

Super easy to capitalize on obvious frustrations and bait the responses and energy into actions that will have absolutely no positive outcome for the frustrated person. A lot of it can be very overt and obvious while other manipulations are subversive and camouflaged.

It only takes carefully planned “nudges” to make a large change in future outcomes.
Some nudges are most assuredly subtly in play even in internet forums.

The original model is still functional and can still be a path to success for every employable person.

The issue is with people re-defining the model into something that has little resemblance to the original/intended model.
The framework is being deconstructed and manipulated into something that can be exploited by those that want to replace it with equal outcomes regardless of effort.
You expect to pull up to McDonalds, Burger King, w/e and have your order prepared to whatever your specification is correct? Where are these workers supposed to live if they can't afford housing on their own?

Let's say they have to get roommates (in the same career field) after all that was a result of their life choices am I right? Well now we've got 3 McDonald workers and even together, they can't afford rent. Now what?

Let's say they just say 'fuck it' (I think we're seeing a bit of that even now in 2024) because these industries can't hire workers because working there full time doesn't pay the rent, doesn't buy the groceries, etc.

Can we blame them that they're giving up after putting in an honest day's worth of work when the mail still isn't answered? This the problem we're facing and until we accept it- we will never fix it. And you'll pull up to McD's, DD's, BK's whatever and forever be pissed off because nobody is working there to be fully staffed. But... take comfort in that your experience, your job, your education..whatever makes you better than the same people you expect to serve you on your way to and from work am I right?

-LD

You expect to pull up to McDonalds, Burger King, w/e and have your order prepared to whatever your specification is correct? Where are these workers supposed to live if they can't afford housing on their own?

Let's say they have to get roommates (in the same career field) after all that was a result of their life choices am I right? Well now we've got 3 McDonald workers and even together, they can't afford rent. Now what?

Let's say they just say 'fuck it' (I think we're seeing a bit of that even now in 2024) because these industries can't hire workers because working there full time doesn't pay the rent, doesn't buy the groceries, etc.

Can we blame them that they're giving up after putting in an honest day's worth of work when the mail still isn't answered? This the problem we're facing and until we accept it- we will never fix it. And you'll pull up to McD's, DD's, BK's whatever and forever be pissed off because nobody is working there to be fully staffed. But... take comfort in that your experience, your job, your education..whatever makes you better than the same people you expect to serve you on your way to and from work am I right?

-LD
No.
You are completely wrong.

By your response, I have to assume you either didn't read or didn't comprehend my post at all.

No.
You are completely wrong.

By your response, I have to assume you either didn't read or didn't comprehend my post at all.
I disagree...

I read your comment and you put yourself on a pedestal using all the college level words you could muster and frankly, I'm not impressed. You're arguing that certain jobs don't deserve the dignity of being able to afford even the most basic lifestyle because they're 'entry level jobs'. It doesn't take much skill or training to 'flip the burger'. You aren't wrong with that and that's not what I was disagreeing with.

While I see where you're coming from. High School students can only 'flip the burgers' during certain hours and during certain seasons. WHO is going to flip said burgers outside of those parameters? Do they not deserve some dignity in their work to afford the most basic of lifestyles (like paying rent/mortgages and groceries) while they make your burgers while the High School students are... you know in school?

If the "other" workers can't afford to live doing that job while the other "entry" workers are in school and they decide to quit... where does that leave us on our way to and from work with "good" jobs?

None of this is your fault of course, but you need a serious paradigm shift in your thinking. The whole system collapses (and is presently collapsing) when these full time workers (in menial jobs) can't even afford the most basic of necessities. They say "fuck it" and go on the government dole, and I'm sure you have several rants prepared for those folks as well. But you can't fathom that they're in a catch-22 scenario where they can bust their butts (and likely work harder than you do) or sit on said butts and yield the same results. I'm not defending laziness but I do see where they're coming from at least. Why can't you?

-LD

I’ll chime in…. I’d argue there should be no minimum wage. If a role warrants more pay, the market will adjust. Period.

If you can’t make a living at a minimum wage job, good…they’re not supposed to be a place to park your ass forever. Get an education, or a better education, earn promotions through hard work, or find a skilled job that pays well, but doesn’t need a degree. Tons of folks around here making a damn good living in the trades…including oil field work.

I also personally know several folks who never went to college and earn a hell of a lot more than I do. They also work (or worked) their ass off to get where they are. Most own their own small businesses and built it from the ground up with zero assistance. Half the managers at my former place of employment were promoted from within…folks who worked their way up from entry-level jobs to merit-based roles earning $100K+ per year.

My brother and I were the only white kids in my neighborhood growing up…my mom was a lunch lady at the local HS, and my dad was an alcoholic who held down a semi-regular gig as a janitor and handy man at our church until his early death. If I hadn’t earned a scholarship to the AF Academy shortly after enlisting, I likely wouldn’t have gone to college at all.

America used to be a place where you could go as far as your talents, intelligence, and drive would take you. The left has turned us into a welfare state where achievement is actually punished in the form of bullshit taxes and social stigma unless you belong to the “correct” social or ethnic group. I personally think income taxes are unconstitutional, but that’s a different topic for another day.

So yeah, I’m not down for DEI or any social justice/racial equity bullshit whatsoever. And people should get what they earn…nothing more, nothing less.

Fuck united. I haven't flown them in about 30 years. They were shitty back then and it appears they have only gotten worse......

Reactions: Mwalex
That knife cuts both directions....
As the pendulum swings
The pendulum is not going to cut anything if it ever swings back the other way. Maybe you missed it when the republicants were given control of both houses, the scotus and the white house. Do you remember what they said? "We don't procecute our political rivals.". Do you remember what the republicants did when there was a grass roots effort to right the republicant party with the tea party? Look at the obvious vote irregularities in 2020. What have the republicants done to fix any of that?
Ain't no one coming and the pendulum is broken.

The rules are more lax on this thread- so what's your beef with me? Is it my dank meme's, my occasional contrary opinions to your coveted and self created echo chamber or is it just because I'm a sexual tyrannosaurs that that threatens you?

View attachment 8447362

If you want to play internet 'tough guy here' ok, that's your prerogative but your'e going to miss out on some sweet meme's moving forward. But that's your choice. Again your SH experience is important to us so may I suggest the below option if you're presently experiencing issues?

View attachment 8447363

-LD

Glowfaggots normally go straight to my ignore list. But you are so terrible at your job that I'm entertained by the amount of time/work you put in only to fail.

I hear you but this is where this conversation leads to...

View attachment 8447355

Nobody can convince the other that they aren't part of some elaborate government sting so I'm just going to acknowledge this and leave you to your own conclusions as well. I'm not going to 'protest too much' but if you think I'm a glowie then, as I mentioned previously, then there's the below option...

View attachment 8447356

For what it's worth- I hope you don't elect that choice because at this point I've got most of the folks that stir the pot already having me on ignore and I enjoy the discussion with the remaining folks (plus I post some pretty wicked Meme's regularly) but you're your own person and are free to make your own choice and do what's best for you and your family.

I reckon you won't be satisfied by that response but you can (again) always place me on ignore tonight or (if you're on the fence at least) give me a chance and come to a conclusion later.

For what it's worth- I've started some pretty cool threads that were totally 'non-glowie' like local ghost stories, love of quality leather, etc. Check it out and come to your own conclusion. But hey- that might be what a glowie would say too... up to you.

I'm on cloud 9 regardless because (as posted elsewhere) I'm finally going to be a homeowner and snagged a fantastic deal in about 4 weeks (I posted on that subject elsewhere). So you won't hurt my feelings by any means but I hope you stick around to discuss later. Just don't say anything 'incriminating' if you're on the fence on whether I'm a glowie and it becomes a nonissue and we might have some good chats down the line.

Again, up to you.

-LD
Your best thread is by far the Dildo thread. Displayed exceptional character. There have been many "ducks" that have passed through this forum. Key word "passed through".

Can you get back to the persona where you threaten to sue the members for calling you pedo? That was fun!

There was a time when fast food McJobs shouldn't have been expected to pay for a basic lifestyle.

That time ended.

My wife has been stuck in McJob management now for about a decade and has found it basically impossible to change industries despite having a plethora of management experience and skills. Upward mobility isn't possible because there are too few positions for the area we live. When someone has applied for 50 jobs or so and 90% of the time can't even get interviewed because their primary experience is McJob Management what are they supposed to do if they don't get compensated properly for their work?

Many businesses no longer want to hire someone who worked fast food unless they lie on their resume about their experience. This idea that you can start at fast food and go on to something else is a fantasy in my AO. You either be one of the few people that can manage to start doing a trade (in my area this requires having money on hand for buying your own shit, plus gas for traveling for said trade), go into college to get a degree and leave the state to get a wage worth your time, or you go .MIL and leave the state.

Most of of the McJob wagies in my AO aren't teenagers and they couldn't be teenagers. If you live in an area with a limited job market and expensive housing compared to the average wages you will struggle to get ahead. Not to mention the stress the average McJob wagie deals with now is insane. From co-workers that literally cry when they get flustered, to rude ass customers to the insane customer volume since Covid (plus all the damn DoorDashers etc that double the work load).

The idea that McJobs are for highschoolers hasn't been true in my area for two decades.

• Love
Reactions: LuckyDuck
First off- let me be respectful, your comment is not without merit. That said- you are not the gatekeeper of SH, and this is a public discussion forum (within the limits of what the mod's set) so respectfully- I don't care if I 'stick out to you' by offering contrary opinions. I'm also not interested in pacifying your 'echo chamber' on a discussion forum. Is your profile accurate that you're from CA? If so that doesn't exactly work to your favor regardless.

I'm assuming that you've long since been a 'big boy' and you should be prepared to hear contrary opinions that might not stroke your own perceptions. Not calling you out partner, just saying that as a "welcome to the internet" wake up you might need some thicker skin though. Oh- I assure you, you won't find a government worker responding to you at almost 2am so (again respectfully) how about you lick your own boot and show me that "Kiwi Shine" later?

-LD
Everyone here is a “gatekeeper”. This is not a safe space for you to whine without a random member calling you a cunt, unless you shit state is incredibly funny. In that case carry on.

I disagree...
You are most certainly allowed to do so.
Small pause while we get our "surprised" look.

I read your comment and you put yourself on a pedestal using all the college level words you could muster and frankly, I'm not impressed.
This is the funniest crap I've heard in a while. Thanks.

You of all people, trying to throw shade on anybody's communication style and use of words is funny.
You trying to drag such things into what was supposed to be the civil discussion you have been asking for is bad form.

Anybody that knows me, and there are a lot here, knows how I talk and communicate. I'm a SE Texas redneck that was raised in rural Louisiana and am a product of the public school system. I make fun of myself more than all my friends can muster, and they muster a lot.

If you think I'm putting myself on a pedestal by trying to clearly communicate, you are as sadly mistaken in that assumption as you are mistaken in your societal and economic logic.

Believe me, I am not attempting to impress you.

You're arguing that certain jobs don't deserve the dignity of being able to afford even the most basic lifestyle because they're 'entry level jobs'. It doesn't take much skill or training to 'flip the burger'. You aren't wrong with that and that's not what I was disagreeing with.
Per my earlier post, certain jobs are never meant to support a house or nice lifestyle. They never have nor should they ever in the future.
It has zero, nada, nothing to do with dignity.
That is a bullshit assumption on your part.

While I see where you're coming from.
I sincerely do not think you do.

High School students can only 'flip the burgers' during certain hours and during certain seasons. WHO is going to flip said burgers outside of those parameters? Do they not deserve some dignity in their work to afford the most basic of lifestyles (like paying rent/mortgages and groceries) while they make your burgers while the High School students are... you know in school?
There has always been more than enough willing and able workforce to fill those positions besides students and young people.
People wanting a 2nd income.
Retirees and limited ability people needing part time work to supplement fixed incomes.

Again, you are throwing dignity into this equation when it has zero relevance. Dignity gets into emotions and emotions should never cloud decisions and the realities of basic economic models, especially Capitalism.

If the "other" workers can't afford to live doing that job while the other "entry" workers are in school and they decide to quit... where does that leave us on our way to and from work with "good" jobs?
Decide: This word is exceptionally important. Each person HAS to decide what they want to achieve in life and then make the necessary decisions to get there. Poor decisions coupled with lack of motivation and work ethic lead to poor outcomes. Good decisions coupled with motivation and good work ethic almost invariably lead to good outcomes.

Good Jobs: Aren't all jobs good? At least good in the sense that they offer monetary reward for time and work? Nobody is forcing a worker to take ANY job. Every worker is free to chose based on what they have prepared themselves to do. Most here, including myself have taken jobs that sucked hugely so that we could position ourselves to move into a better job.

None of this is your fault of course, but you need a serious paradigm shift in your thinking.
It may not be my fault but I most certainly have partial ownership in the problem either by decree or by participation.
I try to constantly examine and adjust my way of thinking because I know I will have unconscious biases coupled with me not being very smart.

You saying that I "need a serious paradigm shift" in my thinking is exactly the way manipulative socialists play the game.
The tone of your statement is patronizing and reeks of you putting yourself on a pedestal while disdainfully looking down on my type of ilk.

The only paradigm shift that needs to be addressed is the effort being put forth to re-define how our economy functions so that everyone is assured the same outcome regardless of effort, drive or planning. The idiocracy is pushing hard for equity rather than equality of opportunity.
Pushing DEI philosophies instead of meritocracy based systems.

The whole system collapses (and is presently collapsing) when these full time workers (in menial jobs) can't even afford the most basic of necessities. They say "fuck it" and go on the government dole, and
The system is collapsing because of purposeful government manipulation of the system and fostering a mentality that doesn't recognize a person's innate abilities to determine their own fate.

If the government dole wasn't there in the first place, the bait wouldn't be laying there for the taking.
When the choices are limited to only work and have something versus not working and having nothing, the actions and outcomes would be totally different and way more positive for everyone.

As for those that have mental or physical limitations that limit their ability to provide for themselves, there has ALWAYS been safety nets in the system and in society. They should be taken care of and were. Now, it has become an option to simply elect the easy button. Take the button away and voila'.

I'm sure you have several rants prepared for those folks as well.
Rants? Really? You have typed more words since joining this forum 4 yrs ago than I have in 20years.
Pretty sure my replies are scaled to your posts.

But you can't fathom that they're in a catch-22 scenario where they can bust their butts (and likely work harder than you do) or sit on said butts and yield the same results. I'm not defending laziness but I do see where they're coming from at least. Why can't you?

-LD
You have not one clue as to how hard or how long I work but you are going to throw that little bullshit twist into parenthesis for effect.

You have already determined what I can and cannot fathom.

Considering your clairvoyant gift, I have to conclude that any further interactions with you will be for naught since you already know my history, what I think and what I am capable of thinking.

Decisions and commitments have to be made way before landing a job at McDonalds.
Each person has to comprehend that getting educated, learning skills and preparing themselves to be marketable are key to their pathway to success. Anyone stumbling through HS to get a GED, walking into a minimum wage job and then expecting a wage that can support a family or housing should not be surprised that their wants exceed their means.

There are solid paths to security and success that are available to everyone. One can even argue now that the paths are wider and more available to minorities and children of low income households than there are for anyone else. The opportunity is there.
The rest of society should not be responsible for someone not capitalizing on the opportunity to succeed.

Last edited:
Ok if you people start using college level words in this thread then I’m out……
No shit!
I keep a separate tab open so I can Google the shit out of half the words used in this place.
Pretty sure Google's algorithm thinks I'm the dumbest motherfucker out here.

Nitazene is far more powerful than Fentanyl according to the Drug Enforcement Agency. This new poison has been around for a while in obscurity – but perhaps because of the focus on Fentanyl, Nitazene has been pulled off the shelf and inserted with devastating effects. Simply put, it is 20 times more powerful than Fentanyl and cheaper. More bang for the Chinese Yuan.