Precision Rifles.....show em!!

@NiteQwill I don´t get it why people moan about the ACC Elite Bag Rider. The only difference to the Vision or MPA one is that you can´t adjust the height on the MDT one. I´ve never felt that i need one that is adjustable and that i would benefited from it.

I´m just curious to know, because i feel that people constantly brag about the BagRider on the ACC Elite is Bad or whatever.
People want different things or need this and that, which is fine. To each his own.

After using only a Oryx Chassis for the last 2 Years or so the ACC Elite was a big step up and i like that it is flexible in terms of adjustment for anyones needs.
Bought a Foundation Centurion a week ago, on which i set the height of the Cheek Piece, added weight to it and done.
Works as good as a Chassis for me and i don´t feel like i am missing something of the many bits and pieces from the Chassis, be it ergonomics, the thumb rest or whatever.
The issue is MDT doesn't have a bag rider at all out of the box, or an OEM version either. There are many aftermarket options but they all vary in dimensions. But, everyone has different needs of course.

I have all of the above. So, to me, refined small areas (like a bag rider) is important to me. At the end of the day, I shoot a Foundation, MDT, Manners, etc. all the same. I doubt it will be any different with the Vision Pro.

Reactions: Misfit_
What are the specs and details on your bolt action rifle?
Zermatt Origin
1:9tw 24" M24 contour 30-06 from PVA
DA Nomad L
TT Diamond
Krg Bravo + 12" Arcalock rail & atlas bipod
Zeiss S3 4-25 in Nightforce rings
Impact 4000
PVS27 from Sureshot

I'm shooting 208gr ELDM's at 2670. All I lack is a good full power laser illuminator.

20240801_073109.jpg20240713_101513.jpg

How is the PSA
Too early to say anything conclusive, but so far promising. It's my first AR10, and it's so much more violent to shoot than anything else I own. It desperately needs a can. I shot about 1.5moa while zeroing it, but to be fair I was having a tough time- it was super hot, I couldn't get into a good prone position while keeping bipod on dirt, and the sun was low over the horizon and right in my face. Only malfunction was when I turned the gas down too far. It does dent case bodies- I'm going to try adjusting the gas after the rifle breaks in a bit. I might also try putting some velcro loop on the brass deflector to pad it. This weekend I'm going to take it out to 1000+.

What did you use for the grip texture? Sorry if you said already, I might've missed it.
I just used JB weld. Spread a thin layer across the surface and used my index finger in a glove to poke it to desired height/aggressiveness. JB self levels so it was a constant fight of poking and falling but in the end I'm happy. Lol.

Got in my latest two projects from Straight Jacket. Sent everything for my 7PRC to them to assemble. Got my Lone Peak Razor TI sent straight from LP to Straight Jacket and had them chamber and assemble the Bartlein carbon fiber in 6.5 PRC. Haven’t decided on a scope for the 6.5 but had to mock it up in the Manners.
IMG_3537.jpeg
IMG_3542.jpeg

@NiteQwill I don´t get it why people moan about the ACC Elite Bag Rider. The only difference to the Vision or MPA one is that you can´t adjust the height on the MDT one. I´ve never felt that i need one that is adjustable and that i would benefited from it.

I´m just curious to know, because i feel that people constantly brag about the BagRider on the ACC Elite is Bad or whatever.
People want different things or need this and that, which is fine. To each his own.

After using only a Oryx Chassis for the last 2 Years or so the ACC Elite was a big step up and i like that it is flexible in terms of adjustment for anyones needs.
Bought a Foundation Centurion a week ago, on which i set the height of the Cheek Piece, added weight to it and done.
Works as good as a Chassis for me and i don´t feel like i am missing something of the many bits and pieces from the Chassis, be it ergonomics, the thumb rest or whatever.
Ah, perhaps because there actually isn't an ACC Elite bag rider...just an ACC Premier bag rider that you can attach to an Elite.

But the the bottom frame of the Elite is parallel to the bore while the Premier angles up a bit. So, a Premier rider has an opposite angle on top so as to be parallel when installed. Therefore, when installed on an Elite the bottom of the rider will have an angle ...and personally I don't want that. I want parallel to the bore/recoil impulse...other people don't care.

What baffles me endlessly is why MDT doesn't resolve this. A very minor change to he CAD/CNC files for the Premier would do it....but they won't/haven't. Maybe they have a shit ton of Premier riders to get rid of...dunno.

I use the M Lok Bagrider on my ACC Elite. Yes, as mentioned, it is not parallel to the bore and i don´t care.
There is a slight angle down towards the muzzle, but not that much.

On my other Stock, the Foundation Centurion, there is only a third to maybe half of the Buttstock parallel to the Bore.
I prefer the smiplicity of the Centurion, and that there is no flex/rotation in Frontend, where the ACC Elite still has some.

If anybody wants to see it, i can take a picture of the M Lok Bagrider on the ACC Elite

Had some eye relief issues squaring up on my rifle while zeroing, so I moved my scope back in the rings to a position that I didn’t feel like I was reaching with my head. Do you guys think the space between the rings and bell/turret housing is adequate?
IMG_9484.jpeg

IMG_9482.jpeg

Factory rifle lottery doesn't always play out. Do you reload?
Yes i do. I have tried everything. Factory ammo , reloads, bullet weights smallest to largest, seating depths, charge weights, , bipod, sandbags, prone, seated… etc.

I am now thinking i need a good look at the bore for the savage barrel defects. If that is good i may be leaning towards the scope being bad. Plan to swap scope to determine.

I did have some bit of luck with 208 grain eld’s at a 1.147 inch group at 100 yds. May have just been luck. 1.147 is the best the gun has ever done and the only time it did Okay. Should be under 1 moa gun in my opinion if savage is going to put the “precision” name on it tho.

Yes i do. I have tried everything. Factory ammo , reloads, bullet weights smallest to largest, seating depths, charge weights, , bipod, sandbags, prone, seated… etc.

I am now thinking i need a good look at the bore for the savage barrel defects. If that is good i may be leaning towards the scope being bad. Plan to swap scope to determine.

I did have some bit of luck with 208 grain eld’s at a 1.147 inch group at 100 yds. May have just been luck. 1.147 is the best the gun has ever done and the only time it did Okay. Should be under 1 moa gun in my opinion if savage is going to put the “precision” name on it tho.
Wow, I have been following this thread to see where it goes.
I have had a Savage Stealth 10ba in a 20" 308 barrel for quite a while now. It was consistently, sub moa.
Recently, I swapped the barrel for a Shaw 26" 6.5 creedmoor barrel to attend a Frank and Marc Precision Rifle course in Nebraska.
I was apprehensive to see what I, and the rifle, could do.

After 3 days of classroom training and range time, we, my rifle and I, were hitting consistently, steel from 300 out to 1240 yards.
I amazed myself and was very pleased with the rifle.
A few suggestions were made, like the Stealth stock wasn't "sturdy" enough to support the 26" barrel, so I swapped it out for an MDT ESS.
Also gave up on moa scopes and joined the dark side with a Razor gen 3 mil scope.
Big difference.
The Savage isn't a terrible action, as my shooting proved, but I believe a few tweaks in the system can make it better.
BTW, I was shooting homemade 147gr ELD-Ms at the course.
Just my thoughts on the subject.

Reactions: BillsMortuary
Savage 110 “precision”
Wont shoot worth a crap tho. Have tried everything. Just wont group. Groups are 2-7 inch @100. Wth savage?
I would recommend swapping out the barrel and chassis. I had a savage that was terrible and for 1400 extra bucks I got a one hole gun. To me it was cheaper than struggling to find ammo that would shoot etc.
Below
Picture is factory ammo, but honestly it shoots everything under 1 moa easy. It was a 3-4 moa gun prior to the smith work.

Attachments

• IMG_6622.jpeg
    IMG_6622.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6621.jpeg
    IMG_6621.jpeg
    311.3 KB · Views: 61
My sons new rifle finally came together, older Tikka T3 fitted with a Proof Prefit Sendero Carbon barrel 22" in 6.5CM. Atlasworx CTR/AICS mag system as well as 3 shot MDT flush fitting plastic mag all sitting in the new PSE Evolution stock with drop in fit precision bedding/lug. The fully adjustable stock weighs just under 25oz made of monocoque carbon construction. We had just received the new Schmidt & Bender Meta 3-18x42 SFP scope which is an optical gem as well as quite light. The low 30mm Hunter Spuhr mounts just fitted a treat on this setup. I just love Spuhr products as they scream quality. Unfortunately we don't have a rifle range anywhere close so opted to zero in our hunting area off the hood of the Landrover with a wobbly setup. Tried a few left over ammo types just to get a few shots down the barrel. She seemed to shoot anything we tried but liked the 123 Nos Comp quite a lot, 3 shot at ~103m. Wind was quite consistent at 10mph. A few shots at ~530m showed the barrel is probably quite a bit faster than my 20" Hardy carbon barrel using the same ammo. We'll look at that closer after a few shots are down the barrel. The two Labs, Gigi & Ellie joined me for the ride.

RTfVkYy.jpg

1eMFVul.jpg

shDNzLb.jpg

VquF2je.jpg

5meweL5.jpg

gbmJlCd.jpg

dAk1Mrx.jpg

edi

my contribution to the photo gallery.

1st pic is my Ruger .308 and second is Ruger .338 Lapua.

.308- 3.5-18 Leupold HD-5
Bartlein 22 inch barrel
Silencer Central suppressor with Modtac shield
BLK LBL hand guard w/ built in bipod
Target Tool stock (thanks to Will)
Grip and bolt shroud from Anarchy Outdoors

.338- 5-25 Leupold HD-5
Harris Bipod
Grip and bolt shroud from Anarchy Outdoors
Waiting on suppressor from Silencer Central. Should be soon.

Attachments

• 1000003258.jpg
    1000003258.jpg
    567.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 1000003261.jpg
    1000003261.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 51
Here’s what I built to go the distance:

IMG_7590.jpeg

6.5CM, 20” barrel, Aero Precision stripped upper, lower, barrel, and handguard. Aero adjustable gas block, Geissele buffer spring, Odin adjustable buffer weight, TriggerTech 3.5lb single stage drop in trigger, SilencerCo muzzle device (to match up to the Bravo device for the can I have on order), Atlas BT-10 bipod, custom molded grip, B5 precision stock, Vortex Venom 5-25x56 glass on Vortex +20 MOA cantilever. As I said in my other post, she’s a chonky bitch, all 17lbs of her.

Reactions: JonKleman
Here’s what I built to go the distance:

View attachment 8484473

6.5CM, 20” barrel, Aero Precision stripped upper, lower, barrel, and handguard. Aero adjustable gas block, Geissele buffer spring, Odin adjustable buffer weight, TriggerTech 3.5lb single stage drop in trigger, SilencerCo muzzle device (to match up to the Bravo device for the can I have on order), Atlas BT-10 bipod, custom molded grip, B5 precision stock, Vortex Venom 5-25x56 glass on Vortex +20 MOA cantilever. As I said in my other post, she’s a chonky bitch, all 17lbs of her.
There’s an AR picture specific thread in the semi-auto section. 👍🏼