• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

Night Vision Safran TAD

They both have 20m water ratings, what other environmental sealing are you referring to?
The way thangs lookin these days, maybe a nuke blast rating would be good. 🤷‍♂️

On second thoughts maybe a Horta Pee Test resistance rating would be good as well. 🤣

Hecque on third thoughts that might fix all its probems. Horta swears by it. :LOL:

Last edited:
IMG_8169.jpeg

Having had both side by side, the resolution difference may be there on paper, but I can't see it. The presets appear to be more or less identical, but the manual gain setting on the E-COTI are quite valuable in getting the cleanest image. In theory, the ATAK plug-in should go public soon, so things like route guidance will be there, if that's something you need.

Having had both side by side, the resolution difference may be there on paper, but I can't see it. The presets appear to be more or less identical, but the manual gain setting on the E-COTI are quite valuable in getting the cleanest image. In theory, the ATAK plug-in should go public soon, so things like route guidance will be there, if that's something you need.
Can you "feel" the extra heft of the eCOTI, or is that nonsense just lost in the mix?

The mounting method is a bit odd. I have PVS-14 style optics on my binos but it does stick out surprisingly far if I use the PVS-14 side of the mount ring. TNVC even commented on it when I sent them a pic. Then again if I put it on the PVS-15 side of the ring it sits closer and I can’t actually tell any significant difference in the thermal overlay (ie it still seems to sit properly on borders and edges).

The mounting method is a bit odd. I have PVS-14 style optics on my binos but it does stick out surprisingly far if I use the PVS-14 side of the mount ring. TNVC even commented on it when I sent them a pic. Then again if I put it on the PVS-15 side of the ring it sits closer and I can’t actually tell any significant difference in the thermal overlay (ie it still seems to sit properly on borders and edges).
This is the TAD?