• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

If you want....but I would not deem it a need. We can shoot out to 400 easily and with a short jont we can end at 660 yards.....if we switch field positions it will be as a group.

The road up to the 660 might be fun in your green Ford though!!!

Had a blast yesterday and it was really cool putting names with faces. I think it was Joe who said something like (paraphrasing here) "I don't want to shoot it (your gun) because it'll be to cool and I'll have to buy one".

Also, glad we decided to setup at the 660 yd hill for the final shoots. That was fun.

Now I'm going to have to look into getting a new trigger and scope for my junk..............dammit.

Alex

No speeding tickets this time hopefully!!

Good time, CSAR keep an eye out for an old style trigger on the hide....just try to buy a complete with saftey....I don't belive the Xmark and old stylt safety are interchangeable. For the scope I love the 4.5-14 Nikon Buckmaster with Mildot reticle....forgot to have you take a look through it, mil-dot is correct subtension at 12x and it is very clear glass.....

It was great. The weather alternated between rain and wind and sunny and calm. I'm glad we decided to shoot at 660 at the end there too, it was a good way to end the day. It was nice meeting all you guys as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm glad we decided to shoot at 660 at the end there too,</div></div>

It took 'til the end? ....what sort a party you runnin' Joe?!!
eek.gif
shocked.gif
whistle.gif

I had to set Mattj up with a Super Absorber for the 660....to be fair though it blew in like a mother when we were eyeballing the 660!!!

Sorry I had to go to breakfast with my dad in a hurry.....

Csar...for the money the Nikons are very good and the Mildot reticle will at least get you used to the holdoff's other shooters will call out spotting you....it has 1/4" adjustments but so do the $800 Leupolds....for $290 they can't be beat...I got a used one for $199 last week.

Market Garden/Rotorturner

Assholes......now I own a 10/22!!!
shocked.gif

Joking...I forgot my mom had a 10/22 that she hasen't even looked at for over 15 years let alone shot....so I "Borrowed" that for the rest of her life.....so Market can you send me a link to the BC stock on yours and possibly the link for the Kid trigger? Not sure if I can buy the whold group but maybe just the trigger?

The shoot was great and I think I speak for all of SHWW when I say this......Longeyes....set a MoFo'n date!!!!!! I am ready!!!!!
laugh.gif

Joe, here's the link for the trigger:

http://coolguyguns.com/webstore/index.ph...69da65a752e1015

You have to buy the whole trigger group, he doesn't sell the individual parts. It's a complete redesign of the Ruger unit, so you couldn't even use the parts in the factory housing.

Another decent option (for 1/10th the price) is to use the VQ Drop in Hammer. It's $35 if you have the Brownells' discount. My fiance has one in her 10/22 and I like it a lot. It's not as nice as the Kidd, and it doesn't break as clean, but it'll give you a light pull that you can definitely shoot accurately with.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=13872/Product/10_22_reg__DROP_IN_HAMMER

For the stock, I got mine from Midway, below is the link. The model is the AJ32 and if you do a Google search you should be able to find it at various places. I had to do a bit of work on mine to clean it up when I got it, the receiver inletting wasn't great and the magazine well had to get sanded a lot (I still have to sand it more.) That said, I know another guy who got one and it fit perfectly out of the box.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=638977

Definitely a good time -- thanks everybody.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had to set Mattj up with a Super Absorber for the 660....to be fair though it blew in like a mother when we were eyeballing the 660!!!</div></div>
Thanks for that, btw. I'm just lucky you had your purse full of 'em so you could lend me one. On a related note: I now DON'T recommend leaving one in overnight...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Longeyes....set a MoFo'n date!!!!!! I am ready!!!!! </div></div>
Second!

-Matt

Yes, we had a great time. 22's are really fun to mess with and cheap. I want one of those kid triggers that makes the accuracy even easier to get. I 3rd the need for a date for our next get together.

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it was Joe who said something like (paraphrasing here) "I don't want to shoot it (your gun) because it'll be to cool and I'll have to buy one".
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme </div><div class="ubbcode-body">Assholes......now I own a 10/22!!! </div></div> ha ha ha ha!!! Don't forget about CJG's Saiga shotgun........ It sure was fun to shoot....
laugh.gif
Well, except for the shot coming back at us.

Mine is the tactical solutions SBX:
http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=36&idproduct=982#details

Im happy with it, but after seeing the KID barrell in action, I agree that you can see the difference in accuracy when shooting past 100 yds. That kid barrell is heavier though since its steel and the tacsol barrells are AL with a steel liner. Plus mine is 4" shorter than that one. The KID barrell is cheaper too. All depends on what you want to do with it I guess. Pluses and minuses to each. If i wasnt going to supress it, id go with the KID, especially considering the price, or even if you didnt mind that its heavier and would end up being 20-21" inches long. if you want something light and still 16" overal even with the supressor then the SBX is your choice.

I think the shot was coming back from the ground, I have shoot those shotguns a lot and never fealt anything except for one time i shot over a tree at point blank range. ahhaha. A friend and I just took that one out a few days ago and ran a 100 or so through it and got nothing. I think those bowling pins were deflecting it back and it was hitting the dirt or something? Always a good time though, unless someone looses an eye...

Tribe played with one of my other saiges and I think he liked it. hahaha.

joe i have a nikon 4.5-14 on my 303 and i thought it was good glass untill i got out hunting if it got dark at 6 pm around 430 i could not see anything out of the scope past 25 yds. the binocs i won thats a different story, it can still be dark and you look threw them and make out things. im very impressed might look into their scopes

Sounds like you guys had a good time--- wish I could have made it. As far as a date goes, I need some body who is close by who can go out with me to help scope out the area and figure out where to set targets etc... Its close enough for me that the actual date is no big deal. Now my next challenge will be finding boolits for making reloads, my usual supplies have dried up.

Now were talkin' my back yard.... you know I'm in! I'm tied up through the weekend of the 14th.... but then I'm lookin' to get back in the saddle! This here finger sure is itchy....
wink.gif

Longeye's.....what bullets? 178Amax .308? What cost do you need to be under? Where is this spot from me? Time wise? Wondering if a prelimenary shoot might be a good idea...a few people out for a weekend to scope it out and maybe clear out around the targets. Rotor and I were thinking on maybe raking an area around the gongs and maybe putting sand or pea gravel 5-6 feet around it to spot splashes? Might be worth the scouting trip. I should have my RF Monday so damn near any weekend after that?

Ya if you need help "scoping" it out, DS and I could probably car pool over for a day or something to see what we might need to make it happen for a larger group. Let us know.

CJG

What kind of a rig-up would be happening? One day of scout/shoot/prep? If we, Rotor and I come over the night before to save the daylight the next day is there a spot we can camp? I am good in the cab of my truck and the canopy is there for you Rotor? Where is this spot located? I can get to I5 and Yelm Hwy....but other than that I might end up in either Vancouver just the same!!

I was thinking of a one day scout/shoot/prep. do a mapquest on cascade gun range in ravensdale -- that will get you in the neighbor hood --- as far as camping goes -- not sure, but you could possibly stay at my place then we could leave from here

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be interested if you guys would have me.... likely be busy 'til about mid morning on the 21st... open all day on the 22nd... </div></div>

Tribe? Tribe who?
wink.gif

those days could probably work for me. As far as getting there, my dad just bought a new GPS and its awesome, give road directions and everything. I think we should tentatively plan on this.

CJG

We doing a formal SHWW shirt dress code?
shocked.gif

Might have a FTF deal going with a guy from Belfair...possibly meet with him and offer the chance to go with? If no that's a-ok. Longeye's call. Are we doing work? Rakes, shovels and shit or a full on shoot? If it is a rake show Tribe can only bring 200 rounds then!!!!!
laugh.gif

So is it possible to meet up with you on Saturday Longeyes? Thinking I might head out after work and stay with my mommy's in Oly off Yelm Hwy and then head to you on Sat? Feel free to tell me no....this is and will be your show...as far as I am concerned.

My only thoughts on the 22nd are that its for scouting and some possible prep with some shooting of course. I haven't had time to really do more than a cursory look and have a conversation with the land owner. Which is why I wanted a couple of you guys to look at it with me and make sure the area is suitable for an actual get together. My biggest concern is that we jump the gun so-to-speak and on closer look the area not be useable for a large group.

The back stops are good and yes, rifle with ammo and kit are mandatory.
ps, Was back up on Stampede Pass today---man I really like that area. Maybe depending on time and weather we can take a run up there on sat?
Yea, Tribe of course you are welcome, Your inputs are some of the ones I'm looking for.

I am game on! I will be in Oly the 20th evening and after some AM grub I will try to catch up with you Longeyes. I will call you during the week before. Where are you going hunting? Elk?

I think we should throw a NEEDED shot out there before we have these meets....so that if someone has somthing at home that someone needs they can bring it.

I need:
Talley 10/22 1" rings
Big titted Blonde that loves Anal!!!
blush.gif

The quad would be acceptable and possibly useful --- reasonable roads thru whole range---2 ways might come in useful also. We will need a better range finder than mine or some targets with known dimensions --- I have 1 steel that is 12 X 21 and an extra stand

I have my Newcon LRB1500's and I can bring a few hangers and steel. We could use some paint if anybody has a stock pile...I am finding that the CAT yellow is getting harder to see the further we go out!!

Ya, I think we have learned that its all about the white paint, don't even bother with anything else. We should all prolly bring chain saws too, in case we have to clear any vegitation out of the way.

CJG

Or better optics!
wink.gif

Welcome BOOTNECK!

Fellas, please just lay out your plans as you see fit... if I can join you, I will jump on board... so long as there is still room...

DSM... I'd really like to compare that Newcon of yours up against the Leica 1200...