• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

I'll be honest, it wasn't as clean of a kill as I wanted. First shot on him was a 250 yard shot I took sitting down. It would have been a lung shot but he was angled funny so the bullet missed his lungs and went back towards his stomach.

He ran close to a mile after that, laid down (ass towards me of course so i couldnt put another shot in him), got up again, ran about another 1/4 mile, laid down again, but he was broadside this time, so I put another shot through his lungs from about 50 yards.

The bullet I used was the Federal gold with a 165 grain sierra game king. It worked pretty well for me.

Thanks for the tip on the burger Joe! I'll keep that in mind. another friend suggested mixing bacon ends and pieces in with it. I might have to try a little of both!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diggerline59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So here goes my first attempt at posting pictures. I shot a 5 point white tail today! It was definitely a lot harder than shooting targets haha.

Here's a picture of me finishing him off
P1030178.jpg

And here's me with the deer
deer.jpg

Not bad for the first animal I've ever shot huh? </div></div>

Nice work Diggerline59!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's ALiiiiiiiiiiiiVE!!! Muhahahahahahahaha::ack::hahaha!

Seem to have found her spot...
whistle.gif

MothraSpot.jpg

5th one's always a doozy.... ain't it...
sick.gif
</div></div>

Pffffffffft! My shot-groups-of-one are tighter than that!
wink.gif

Seriously, looks like you have a winner there. Yeah, those 5th shots are alway a pain in the ass!

This things a frickin' Kamikaze! It'll be there (still need to square away a game plan on that.... sounds like the 22nd - Sun. for sure though?)...

Already feel guilty about the 5R... It just sat on the rack, and watched today.... meant to shoot her.... just couldn't pull away from the light!
laugh.gif

Well It looks like I will be in your neck of the woods this weekend Joe. I may have to take a group of teenage girls on the Forks/twilight tour((lord help me)) I am hoping to just drive them there and drop them with someone else

Don't forget to take a pic by the "Welcome to Forks" sign...they had to move it closer to the road because people were falling from up on the hill....you can see where it was at and so many people were going to take the pic it was crazy!!!

If you are able to drop them and have time Realto Beach is pretty nice area....turn off 101 at the Smokehouse, turn onto Airport road and go untill you are the vertical in a "T" and take a right....just a costal beach but way better than all the Twilight shit in town!!!

The Inn Place towards the south end of town has good food, or pick one of the 18 Chineese restaurants in town!!!

Side note...if anybody wants anything from my FS post let me know and I can hold it for you.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1441944&gonew=1#UNREAD

Not sure if I can make it on this weekend....my cutback at work might hit me harder than I thought.

Looks like the area is only open untill the 22nd for anything big game modern. Deer archery is open there untill Dec 15th. Cougar goes untill March but not too many people go out for just Cougar, Grouse is open there untill Dec 31st.

We can always try it out? Worst case we shoot from 1111 yards and shoot towards the ridge? But maybe Longeye's spot will be way better.

Hey guys, I have posted here a few times before. I was wondering if anyone here had shot the any rifle/any scope 60 shot 500 yard match at Seattle Pistol and Rifle up in Machias. Any info would be great, thanks
Marty

Jezzzzz a guy leaves for 6 months and all sorts of shit happens while I was gone. Yall went and got all organized!

Ok so here is my updated status;

Just retuened from my 13th and final deployment after 16 years of Sea Duty. Get to ride out to my 20 year mark on shore duty up in Everett.

Have a lot of shit I want to catch up on now that I think I'll have the time.

Bought a place out in Maple Valley so I could be close to CRPC, Trap and Skeet, Dirt Bike trails and golf
smile.gif

Just joined CRPC this month so I hope to be able to meet some of you finaly.

When weather permits I do shoot in central WA quite a bit so I'm game for pretty much any location.

Decided that I want to give HP shooting a try so anybody who is in that circle let me know...I will need pointers!

Cheers/
Gordon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedMan*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a heads up for the Wa. guys: http://www.spokaneguntrader.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32

I would like to keep it local but will ship if needed.

Thanks,
Stu </div></div>

Stu, that is one <span style="font-weight: bold">sweet</span> rifle!

I hope it's ok if I post images of it. If not, let me know and I will take them down.

IMG_1407_WM.jpg

IMG_1408_WM.jpg

Nice!

Hey Anchor! Welcome back! And let us know first, next time you unload another one of those sweet rifles I've seen you move!
smile.gif

Not into the HP stuff myself... but as I'm sure you know, there are plenty of guys at CRPC that are... I'm sure an email or two over there, would get you hooked up... they used to practice Friday mornings.... can't say that is still the case, but would guess it's likely.

Now that football (kids) is over, I'll likely get down there every weekend (and some afternoons)... unless I'm some place better (longeyes/dsm???)!
grin.gif
Sound off, or shoot me a PM if you would like to hook up.

Anchor.........welcome home brother.

ranger: it's all good.
I will put it up in the regular section Friday night if I don't get any bites local.
FWIW I also put up a link to that site over on WCT.

Also.....if someone wants jus the rifle, no base, no rings, no bipod, no scope, no Eagle stuff I can / will work something out for ya.

Thanks,
Stu

Think I'll be sticking with what I have for a while, worked a trade +cash deal for that last one and ended up with a practiacly new (150 rounds on it) AIAE MK2 1.5 20" with brake and enough cash leftover to get the remaining gear I needed for HP (coat, spotter etc.)

Now I just have to figure out how to use those iron sights and sling! Been shooting scopes off a bipod for so long I'm scared to see how bad my fundamentals are.

Best part of Cascade is the heated indoor .22 range. Took my girl out there (never shot before) and she really liked it.

MrToyz and I plan to be at CRPC every weekend at least one of the two days so I'll throw a post up on the days we go.

The scope cover is an Eagle.
The muzzle protector is one that I made that is more P.C. rather than the tactial sun glass holder that comes from eagle.
The scope covers I personally make all come with that size of muzzle protector.

Stu

tribe you know that little case that you have that has storage in it kinda like a small binder cover. what are those damn tthings called. i looked on the redman site and couldnt find prices but im trouble with computers i would rather just attatch some c4 to it and watch the fireworks...hehehe so im kinda a pyro dont tell anyone....

Was it OD, made out of cloth & had my range finder, kestral, etc... in it? If so, I think it's called the Kifaru "Organizer".... I just tried to confirm for ya', but the link on their web site doesn't seem to be working....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was it OD, made out of cloth & had my range finder, kestral, etc... in it? If so, I think it's called the Kifaru "Organizer".... I just tried to confirm for ya', but the link on their web site doesn't seem to be working....

</div></div>

Tribe, what am I going to do with you? You're such an amateur!

https://www.kifaru.net/organizer.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was it OD, made out of cloth & had my range finder, kestral, etc... in it? If so, I think it's called the Kifaru "Organizer".... I just tried to confirm for ya', but the link on their web site doesn't seem to be working....

</div></div>

Tribe, what am I going to do with you? You're such an amateur!

https://www.kifaru.net/organizer.html</div></div>

No argument there!

Yup... that be it... it's actually a very handy little deal... be even better if it was a touch larger, but that's just because I keep wanting to cram more crap I likely don't need into it...

Been out of town the last couple of days, working up on stampede pass. We came back early due to snow. Basically, Stampede pass is now closed to vehicles except snowmobiles etc.. So the spot I had picked out for a lr shoot up there is done for this year unless some one has a snowcat or some thing similar. Still planning on a scouting trip this weekend though unless these storms do major damage and I get called out to put the lights back on at the widows and orphan's home.

Not sure where to ask this but a coworker of mine has a need and so I offered to pose it on some of the forums I belong to.

He has a grandfather that has an extensive colletion of firearms. He's not doing so good and his time is short. My coworkers parents are looking for someone to appraise the collection. It is unofficially (internet searches) of considerable value. For insurance sake as they wouldn't let it go to an estate auction. Discretion is high on the list as being elderly and in not so well off health wise, anyone who knew where could likely take advantage quite easily.

Western Washington, certified appraiser of firearms sought. 20-ish, long guns and some handguns. Mostly rifles but a couple of shotguns. If anyone knows of and/or has contact info on anyone who can do the appraisal, please PM or e-mail me so I can pass it along. High dollar value, some rare and collectable items. They are trying to keep it as discreet as possible for many reasons, safety is one of them.

Thanks in andvance guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338WinMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure where to ask this but a coworker of mine has a need and so I offered to pose it on some of the forums I belong to.

He has a grandfather that has an extensive colletion of firearms. He's not doing so good and his time is short. My coworkers parents are looking for someone to appraise the collection. It is unofficially (internet searches) of considerable value. For insurance sake as they wouldn't let it go to an estate auction. Discretion is high on the list as being elderly and in not so well off health wise, anyone who knew where could likely take advantage quite easily.

Western Washington, certified appraiser of firearms sought. 20-ish, long guns and some handguns. Mostly rifles but a couple of shotguns. If anyone knows of and/or has contact info on anyone who can do the appraisal, please PM or e-mail me so I can pass it along. High dollar value, some rare and collectable items. They are trying to keep it as discreet as possible for many reasons, safety is one of them.

Thanks in andvance guys. </div></div>

Yes, I know the perfect person. How about we PM ok?

I have 4 chain built tire chains for my 35"s....they make snow travel fun!!! How much we talking? 6 feet? 2 feet?

Should know tonight if I can make it this weekend.

You can PM me as well on the apprasial if you would like....my gunsith has a bit of fun with values...not sure where Horizon Pointe is but he is in Sequim.

Looking like CRPC Sunday about noon till I get bored or run out of ammo.

Green 20" AE with PR and a pissed off looking bald guy that would be me
smile.gif

If anybody is out there swing by and say hi. I'll be at the 200yd ("C" Range?) as I have got the blessing to shoot the 600 yet.

A.S.