• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Well so far the storm damage doesn't sound too bad---I'm keeping my fingers crossed. As far as chaining up goes, the problem is drifts--most vehicles get high centered on the wet heavy snow--its great for snowmobiles but sucks for wheeled vehicles--we were using 6 wheel atv's and a rhino but got tired of fighting the drifts so we will end up going back back up there to finish the work in the company snocat. So far its looking good for the scouting trip on sunday tho

Hopefully the local pud will get Widow's power turned on soon, we don't normally get called in for the local distribution stuff till the whole world falls down. We get to rebuild the high tension lines -- sounds like some of our crews are working on lines near him. I may still get called out yet, probably not till monday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackwidow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey joe that sucks the work is slowing down for you. is it because of that new manager? is he making cut backs? </div></div>

No the new guy is pretty good....the whole NC Machinery work force was cut back 20%...salary employees have to take a week every month and hourly loose 8 hours a week. The rest of the branches are pretty slow, we aren't but oh well...they are starting to be more of a mediocre employer...no re-do bonus, cut our 401k matching, cut our yearly $50 gift cards, locked wages from 2008...but hey at least there is a job but they were a very competitive employer but are loosing that rather fast....but I suppose every employer is loosing their edge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Station</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anybody is out there swing by and say hi. I'll be at the 200yd ("C" Range?) as I have got the blessing to shoot the 600 yet.

A.S. </div></div>

FYI.... Might want to hit B range, unless overrun by mountain men or shotgun.... No berms in your way.....

C

Well, Tribe and I scouted out the shooting area I was talking about. It was pissing down rain and the wind was blowing strong and cold. Bad news is -- toooo many people using the area at this time-- the hunters and off-roaders have laid claim to most of the same area I was looking at. Good news is that we did find a good 500-600yd stretch that we can hang steel for afternoon shoots, with possible room to expand later. Don't give up hope yet however, I have a couple more areas that I am looking into. We ended up going to the cascade range and Tribe introduced me to his version of sporting clays--it was a real kick-in-the-ass, make full size clays into small pieces one round at a time then make the small pieces into splinters--one round at a time till you cant see em any more, so the day turned out good after all.

Good times longeyes! I always love to <span style="text-decoration: underline">re-learn</span> just how <span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT</span> waterproof all of my rain gear is!
laugh.gif
Nice shootin' today man.... you've got that big boomer thumpin'!

Tribe,
great shooting with you yesterday! I still want to do some testing on that rifle of yours! Seriously, Dennis called and he's more than willing to fix that trigger.
grin.gif

Kombar,
Nice meeting you! Good luck with that build. I'd love to see what your stock looks like when it's done.

As always Ranger! Glad you made it back over safe and sound. I'm sure Dennis is willing... and he is THE trigger man... but to tell you the truth... sometimes I just like to have a good excuse to go visit the Old Man.
wink.gif

Hi, gents. I've been reading your posts here for a while. Sounds like you all are having some fun south of me somewhere. Tribe invited me over from my 2K thread, so I decided to give a shout. Where abouts are you guys at? I'm always looking for new places to shoot, & someone to shoot with. I'm all alone up here as far as I know.

Bigwheels! Right on... our first "North Ender"! Hopefully your post will drag some more guys from your way, out into the light.... I'm in Sammamish and would call "home range" Cascade Rifle and Pistol Club. You'd be welcome to join me any time you had the gumption..... ........but, a club is a club... and a shootin' spot... well, thats special.... have gun, WILL travel!
whistle.gif

We try to put together shoots whenever possible... it may just be a couple of guys any given weekend, or when all of the stars align, a good size group of us. The challenge of course, is in finding the open country to play in... Any time you need a spotter &/or shooting buddy... post it up, or send out a PM, and I'm sure you'll find a taker or two!
grin.gif

Thanks Tribe. I haven't shot at a "range" for years. Got tired of all the idiots @ thier stupid questions, among other things. I'm interested in joining you guys some time for some long range practice. I'm real tired of shooting @ the same old place all the time. All the other places I used to shoot are either overgrown or the road is gated off now. I have a few steel targets I can throw in, but I can't carry them far. I was looking at the weather for this weekend, & it looks promising. I may be able to go to my usual spot. Or perhapse smoewhere else??

bigwheels, welcome! it is nice to find people that have access to longer ranges. ours out west we can get 1200 roughly. some of us really want to stretch the legs on our guns. only on mine we might have to keep looking to really stretch her legs. she is not quite ready yet. almost still dialing her in. 2000yds should be a walk in the park for the cartrige. after 24-2500 i'll have to get a different scope to reach farther.tribe we can see if your little moth can hit a mile!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't shot at a "range" for years.</div></div>

Man.... consider yourself very fortunate! I would run up and join you in a heartbeat... Not sure if this weekend would work with the holiday, and all of the baggage that brings.... but if you had something specific in mind, shoot me a PM.

Cant complain that it was a total waste since it beats working but it wasnt a great day for shooting. Think we got there at 10 and we rolled out by 12-1230. Was a bit crowded for my liking and I wasnt thrilled about not having my AI so I decided to be spotter and I couldnt find my tripod so shooting the DCM rifle was a no go as well. We ended up going to Cabellas.

Got the AI and everything set up last night so I'll be back at it soon. Looks like a half day at work on Wednesday followed by Thurs-Sun off
smile.gif
so I should be able to get some range time worked in there.

I did end up shooting my 870 finaly. Its been a work in progress for over a year, with the porting and endine shooting slugs was nothing. Really pleased with that.

Came out pretty well. I'm processing it myself to save some money. made the jerky a couple days ago and finally got the steaks from the backstraps in the freezer. Now I'm just waiting on my friend to grind the rest up into hamburger for me. I'm pleasantly surprised with how well the jerky came out though
grin.gif

yep! so Widow, have you ever posted up what caliber the blackwidow is??? All signs are pointing to really big, and shooting a long ways, but I haven't noticed you say it yet! or is it something that is a wait and see for myself at the next shoot haha

no i'll tell you its a 375 cheytac, it has a big bench rest stock on it and a 32 " barrel with a cheytac brake, 40 moa base with my pos leupy 6.5-20x50 mk4 scope. still in the test phases for ammo. best group so far is a .971 moa group at 400 yds. gonna see if i can shrink that group down. hopefully i'll have some ammo left for our next shoot. only got 49 bullets left. they cost $125 for 50 bullets. and coming into christmas time funds are slim. i only have 40 cases hopefully i can get my hands on some more.

i can't wait to hear it hit some steel, it make a LOUD thump when she hits plywood. the case is 3.037 long flinging 350gr thumpers out at 3150-3300 fps with 133-139gr of powder. just depending on the load i settle on. if i remember right the 308 isnt it around 3.0 for overall length? hehehe

oh ya im still supersonic at 3000yds with this round!!hehehe

Hi all, just thought I would introduce myself being new to the site...

I was in the Army from 89-92 (97G10) and even though my MOS didn't require me to carry a rifle too much I always loved to shoot.

Married with a couple of kids (stepson who is 19 and a 6 year old boy). I work in a geeky IT job so it's nice to get away from that for a bit from time to time.

At the moment all I own is an HK USP45 tactical and a MAK90. I am wanting to get into some longer range target shooting so I'm hoping maybe there are folks around the area that can help me with that and teach me a few (or a lot
smile.gif
) of things.

I've lived in Maple Valley the last 10 years, looking forward to talking with you!

Take care,

Marty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackwidow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">stupid fog! </div></div>
laugh.gif

Digger... welcome back... I'm going to be squeezing in some range time for sure.... but it will all be by the seat of my pants... whenever I can sneak it in.

Nailz! Welcome! You will find all kinds of people here eager to share what they know... or think they know, or don't know, until they're blue in the face
wink.gif
.... However, it's still not too late... if you turn back now... there may still be time to save yourself!

welcome nailz there is only one thing wrong with hanging out with us and going to the shoots... when you get behind some of these guns you start wanting the nice scopes or stocks and if you can't hold back like me it can get expensive unless the wife shuts down the spending(so i like to spend money!)other than that bunch of great guys lots of knowlege and a hell of a good time blasting steel!

My dad bought us a 14 lb bird and cooked it in one of those Ronco Set it and Forget it Rotisseries!!! 3 hours and it looks friggin great, my mom cooked a 24 lber for everybody so I am not sure why my dad got us the 14lber???? But if anybody wants a great christmas gift I think they were around $80....and they work great!!!

So are you all cleared up now Tribe? How are we looking to get out to the Sol Duc again? Or possibly that 2k range in Anacortes? I didn't see if there were ranges closer than 2k for us non-Cheytac shooters!!!

Yup... all cleared up and itchin' to scratch....

Just been dealin' with some "technical difficulties" getting the Moth to find her wings! I'll put it this way.... the lessons best learned, are the ones hardest earned!
wink.gif

I've also been trying to figure out a time to hook up with Bigwheels and see what he's got goin' on up there... but I haven't got my act together enough to make it happen yet.

That steel of yours better be gettin' nervous! The Mighty Moth comith! Muhaahahahahah::ack::ahahahaaha....

::Now if I could only get this damn bolt to cycle.......
laugh.gif
frown.gif
::

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackwidow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man its gonna take a year to burn off this belly, first thanksgiving that my wife did all the cooking....i can't move i ate too much </div></div>
Your going to blame that thing on Thanksgiving!?!?
laugh.gif