Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Jake. You're not too far from me. I had Fidalgo Taxidermy do mine, & it came out so realistic sometimes I swear it's still looking at me. It did cost $1100, but he did it on $100/mo payments. It was also done a little sooner than he said. I can get you pics of his work if you want.

I would love some pics. I think I have someone already picked out but you might be able to change my mind. I will just pay cash so if there is a cash discount I might go that route.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackwidow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ranger stop trying to be a nice guy! Everyone knows you are the grampa of this group!! Oh on a another note ranger I have a palm pilot I got for free any ballistic programs that would be compatable and maybe better than bullet flight military? </div></div>

what is <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">bullet flight military?</span></span>

I used to use Exbal and really like the hell out of it (until I discovered that the Palm TX it runs on is not a "sit proof" PDA).

The Horus software is really nice except mine (old version called ATragM<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">P</span></span></span>) only runs on the Palm TX (or did I just buy into the marketing BS?). The new version (ATragM<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">X</span></span></span>) claims to run "on most Palm and Pocket PC units, but not all." WTF? Clear as mud, right?

Horus has posted that: "ATrag will not support Palm OS, effective immediately. ATrag 4.0 will support only Windows Mobile 5&6, and Windows XP/Vista/7."

Ok, so those two software programs work. For determining elevation adjustments both these programs did very well as long as I did my part (entering accurate muzzle velocity and correct projectile BC's).

However, the Horus ATragM<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">P</span></span></span> software exhibited a significant windage adjustment miscalculation <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">when running on my PDA.</span></span> (emphasis added to avoid any prospect of legal problems)

That flaw was that the windage corrections were off by a factor of 10. <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">I personally witnessed this and checked this in the field.</span></span> Where Exbal would say I would have to compensate by 1 MIL left or right, Horus would say a correction of only .1 MIL was required. Many times I shot using both corrections and it turned out that the Exbal solution was always correct or very close to being exactly correct and that the ATragMP solution was always off by a factor of ten, or there abouts.

But like I said, that was only on the windage adjustment and NEVER the elevation adjustments.

Enough of this verbal diarrhea! I hope that in some way this helps.

I've been around the hide for awhile I know the drill
wink.gif
. Most of my shooting experience is self taught, my uncle handed me a .22 when I was 5 or so told me where to aim and that was pretty much the only instruction I've ever been given. My true love is bolt actions, but I do not own one yet (planning a 700 build soon), I own an AR (My first rifle), I don't have any pistols yet but they are great, shot my first one a 3 years ago and plan to get one for myself as my 21st birthday present. Facilities, Tacoma Sportsman Club, Bullseye, and The Marksman, most of my shooting is done over by greenwater though. my longest known distance is only 350 yards, but 100-200 is much more frequent as I tend to have accracy issues past 200 with my AR. I had planned on joining the Marine Corps this summer but, I'm getting the run around by local recruiters so I said screw it for now, even though I scored over 70 on the ASVAB and maxed out the PFT. Anything else you want to know feel free to ask. as for those angels, I can tell they have horns holding that halo in place

PhOnEpHrEaK -

do you have gold "teefs"?
gold+teeth.jpg

are you a "gansta" or do you in any way want to be like these guys?
gangsta.jpg

do you wear your pants this way?
low-jeans.jpg

I hope not, because this here is Banjo country!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uzae_SqbmDE&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uzae_SqbmDE&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Actually I'm the guy on the left in that picture you posted.

But no not at all my grandpa woulda whooped my ass if I even thought about being that like that (was raised by my grand parents) so luckily unlike most people my age, I don't act like them at all..

My baby!!
Photo0366.jpg

First pistol target at 30-35feet i forget which
Photo041.jpg

Great! Let the celebration begin!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/icMTVV5Lwaw&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/icMTVV5Lwaw&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Ok, that's enough for me. Alarm clock is set for 4:00 AM so it's bed time for Bonzo.

PhOnEpHrEaK -

Please do yourself a big favor and take down your picture. You're to young to have your financial future ruined.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard! Don't let my posts foul you. I might talk trash here, but I'm just a pussy in real life.
wink.gif

Jake. Here's a few pics of mine. Mounted by Fidalgo Taxidermy in '05. [img:left]
2005Bull003.jpg
[/img] [img:left]
2005Bull002.jpg
[/img] [img:left]
2005Bull001.jpg
[/img]
The flash makes him look a little lighter than he realy is, but you can see the quality. If you blow it up some you cansee that even all the eye lashes are in place.

Thanks guys. I'm real proud of it. Best part was where it dropped it was 15 yds from a switchback in the road, & in 10" of snow. Backed the truck up to the road bank, & drug it in the back whole.(with help of course)
Jake, if you want contact info for Fidalgo Taxidermy I'll get it to you.

Jake. Yes Fidalgo Taxidermy.
360-293-7319 or 800-821-2327
Yes I need a bigger room, & a taller ceiling. I don't know what I'm going to do if I get a bigger one. I just plain need a bigger house with a trophy room!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fyi, in case you have the coin and the desire.

Creedmoor Sports CSR-1 rifle sale </div></div>

Only do this if you are impatient, i organized a group buy on all the components to build this rifle and it will be at least $700 cheaper than the sale price and you get to pick your caliber, contour, barrel length, color. you get the idea...

thanx ranger, was afraid of that but hopefully, the rain will keep the wind under 20MPH, either way, the rain gear is already packed up.
I should get some good dope info about what my rifle/ ammo can do in those conditions.
Wish me luck.

horus has some good ones out... plug in your load data and a few other variables and it does the math for you, windage, holdovers, the whole nine yards. My pops was looking at getting one... dunno if he ever got it though.

welcome aboard phreak... if you want some help with that ar i'll be back in washington in a few months... and here in the ground pounding side of the navy... ar's is all we shoot.

OH DUUDEs
I just read the group buy that diggler was talking about and ended up reading about the 30-06 tube gun-----I think I wet myself
Now that's a rifle worth saving up for--- if you like 06's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OH DUUDEs
I just read the group buy that diggler was talking about and ended up reading about the 30-06 tube gun-----I think I wet myself
Now that's a rifle worth saving up for--- if you like 06's</div></div>

it is full but tell him you know me personally and he might still hook you up. gary is awesome to deal with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it is full but tell him you know me personally and he might still hook you up. gary is awesome to deal with.</div></div>

I told him I knew you personally, he just swore at me a bunch and then hung up on me....
wink.gif