• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crack. </div></div>

Ding!!!!
laugh.gif

Word up Madre'Fo's!!! It has been terribly too long since I have shot my 7mm-08!!! It has been since the day after BSC2...and with 1st Round hits on the 720ish and the 950ish I didn't press my luck and now with a new rig and a free mind (of selling my Dodge at least) I am ready to freaking bang some chromoly!!!

And also I need to see if I can live with selling off my 7mm-08 for the next build...either a "Under 600 yards 1/4 bore" or a bolt ELR 338+ build......hell might keep it as a GTG rifle and build slowly. But with a Jeep toy I don't know which will have access to the OT fund!!!

Tell me about the next shootout Diggler....no fee match style COF?

i might put together a couple stages for practice but the rest will just be taking turns letting the steel have it. targets will be from 400-1050yds. i will bring the barracades, timer, and the targets. i just will need bodies to help me pack it out there, needless to say its a good workout.

NO FEES!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to go but I only have a little ar with irons
frown.gif
I gotta get that 700 build goin!! </div></div>
what is your current budget on your rifle build?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK so I guess I'm dense---what weekend and where---I'd love to shoot at E-Burg</div></div>

November 13th at a spot we shoot at ellensburg.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to go but I only have a little ar with irons
frown.gif
what is your current budget on your rifle build? </div></div>

Planning to get an SPS tactical and a falcon menace to start with till I can get better glass, I'm hoping to able to get it shootable for around $1000

you would be better off savage 308 with dbm and a bushnell fixed 10x mil/mil. this way you could probably get a used savage in a hs precision stock with dbm. you could buy a few extra of the cheap mags and ready to shoot some comps with it. 10x is plenty for 95+% of things you would encounter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to go but I only have a little ar with irons
frown.gif
Planning to get an SPS tactical and a falcon menace to start with till I can get better glass, I'm hoping to able to get it shootable for around $1000 </div></div>
Make sure you are at the Nov 13th Shoot in Ellensburg. You will have a .308 ready to go that you can fire.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to go but I only have a little ar with irons
frown.gif
Planning to get an SPS tactical and a falcon menace to start with till I can get better glass, I'm hoping to able to get it shootable for around $1000 </div></div>
Make sure you are at the Nov 13th Shoot in Ellensburg. You will have a .308 ready to go that you can fire. </div></div>

Really!? that'd be great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make sure you are at the Nov 13th Shoot in Ellensburg. You will have a .308 ready to go that you can fire. </div></div>
Really!? that'd be great! </div></div>
This rifle, with a different scope, needs some loving. We'll see how well you can drive her ...
wink.gif

reloading3-600x450.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hey Hopps.....I need some fluting and drill press work....nothing fancy just mild round steel. But I don't want to pay Lilcoln....experimental shit you know!!!!
</div></div>

Let me know. Got the dro a few days ago and its halfway installed on my mill, will make things alot easier/faster.

Also my cousin got a nice new chuck on the lathe and got it trued up, we are set to crank out stuff now
smile.gif

I see you picked up an XJ
smile.gif
I almost got a liberty also but I was afraid of the 3.7 and they didn't have the new diesels out when I picked up mine.

If you want a second XJ, check out the murphy auctions. Alot of state agencies sell their vehicles there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make sure you are at the Nov 13th Shoot in Ellensburg. You will have a .308 ready to go that you can fire. </div></div>
This rifle, with a different scope, needs some loving. We'll see how well you can drive her ...
wink.gif

reloading3-600x450.jpg
</div></div>

well i could give it a shot but honestly i haven't put 200rds down range in 308. I have always liked 6.5mm and 6mm's thousands of them but not much 308. just make sure to bring the shorty that is threaded. i might run the can on my 6x47 and see how difference it makes in long range poi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make sure you are at the Nov 13th Shoot in Ellensburg. You will have a .308 ready to go that you can fire. </div></div>
wink.gif

reloading3-600x450.jpg
</div></div>

Sure sure put the pressure on me to perform. The furthest I've shot is 300! Do you want me to bring my own ammo, or how much will I owe you? (I'm always nervous with other people's equipment, afraid to do somethin wrong. lol)

Hopps.....Wilder has a Diesel Liberty...$20k

Little high but they are kick ass Jeeps. The 3.7L is not bad at all it is a snorty power plant. I was going to buy the one at Wilder but I decided against another $20k loan!!!

Who was asking about boxing lessons in Sequim? Contact me via PM for a meet and greet and if you impress me I will set meet and greet with an instructor. He tries to stay in the shadows....contact sports in a "white haired" community is not very welcomed and he is very selective in students

wink.gif

reloading3-600x450.jpg
</div></div>

Ranger.... make sure you bring your TALL bi-pod..... instead of that little thing...
laugh.gif

What do you guys think about having 2 hours of practice followed by a 30-40rd course of fire after lunch on the 13th. if you guys have anything specifically you would like to see in a stage let me know and i will consider it.

SEND IT!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
reloading3-600x450.jpg
</div></div>
well i could give it a shot but honestly i haven't put 200rds down range in 308. I have always liked 6.5mm and 6mm's thousands of them but not much 308. just make sure to bring the shorty that is threaded. i might run the can on my 6x47 and see how difference it makes in long range poi </div></div>
diggler44, I was actually talking to PhOnEpHrEaK regarding that 308. The one pictured is a Weatherby with a Krieger barrel, not the Howa with the ABS barrel. PhOnEpHrEaK was saying that he wanted to come and shoot but didn't have a bolt rifle. I offered him to shoot this one so he could join in all the raindeer games.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure sure put the pressure on me to perform. The furthest I've shot is 300! Do you want me to bring my own ammo, or how much will I owe you? (I'm always nervous with other people's equipment, afraid to do somethin wrong. lol) </div></div>
Don't waste your money on ammo! Save your dough to buy a 308 of your own! If you like this rifle enough <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">after you've actually fondled and fired it,</span></span> I'll make you a killer deal. No worries if it doesn't fit your fancy as I will put it up for sale on the Hide after the shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">diggler44, I was actually talking to PhOnEpHrEaK regarding that 308. The one pictured is a Weatherby with a Krieger barrel, not the Howa with the ABS barrel. PhOnEpHrEaK was saying that he wanted to come and shoot but didn't have a bolt rifle. I offered him to shoot this one so he could join in all the raindeer games.</div></div>

Not a problem, reading with comprehension helps i guess. sounds like you are coming there is going to be a fair number of us there hopefully the weather holds. there is at least 7 people coming already.

if someone has a rem 700 barreled action and would like to try out a manners t5a w/chassis i have one i can bring because i don't think my 7mm-08 build will be done yet, even if it is i can take it out and let you try. mostly i am pumped to get my new s&b on my rifle. The mark 4 just isn't the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if someone has a rem 700 barreled action and would like to try out a manners t5a w/chassis i have one i can bring</div></div>
That's just plain <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">TEASING</span></span> people!

Just thought i would throw it out there. honestly i would like to try it out also. it will take a #7 barrel or smaller so bring it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure sure put the pressure on me to perform. The furthest I've shot is 300! Do you want me to bring my own ammo, or how much will I owe you? (I'm always nervous with other people's equipment, afraid to do somethin wrong. lol) </div></div>
Don't waste your money on ammo! Save your dough to buy a 308 of your own! If you like this rifle enough <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">after you've actually fondled and fired it,</span></span> I'll make you a killer deal. No worries if it doesn't fit your fancy as I will put it up for sale on the Hide after the shoot. </div></div>

Sounds like I'm definitely gonna owe you one. If everything goes as planned I should be there! What all Do I need to bring?

sounds like you are ready to rock just need to massage the trigger finger alittle. bring hearing protection and warm clothes, strong back for packing targets.

ranger will show you how its done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sounds like you are ready to rock just need to massage the trigger finger alittle. bring hearing protection and warm clothes, strong back for packing targets.

ranger will show you how its done.</div></div>

How cold are we talkin? Weather isn't a problem for me, just curious how cold. The one and only time I've been there was in the middle of July and it was HOT HOT HOT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fwiw, I have this barrel for sale. Krieger 308 cal 1:10" twist 22" long straight cylinder Bull barrel 1.35" at both ends. PM me for SHWW price.
</div></div>

Holy shit man that is a freakin truck axle!!!

Oh yeah it is! I think the chance of this vibrating following a shot are just about zero.

Then again, I had this profile cut so I could then have it turned down to any other profile I wanted (especially Magnum contours!).

But if you are inclined to keep the original "truck axle" profile, do yourself a favor and bed the barrel and not the stock!

6.5 "Mystic" Barrel Block F-Classer <-- Not the barrel I have for sale, just an example of "Barrel Bedding"!

mystictopx620.jpg

Moved to Vashon WA last July from Northern CA. Very happy to be in the FREE state of WA. With two kids I have not actually gone shootin' in a long time. I visit Hide and ar15.com and the CMP websites and get my gun fix that way for now. Just sayin Hi to ya'll.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gone shootin'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very happy to be in the FREE state of WA.</div></div>

.... should we tell him? .... I just don't have the heart.... he's come so far.
whistle.gif

Welcome man.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah it is! I think the chance of this vibrating following a shot are just about zero.

Then again, I had this profile cut so I could then have it turned down to any other profile I wanted (especially Magnum contours!).

But if you are inclined to keep the original "truck axle" profile, do yourself a favor and bed the barrel and not the stock!

6.5 "Mystic" Barrel Block F-Classer <-- Not the barrel I have for sale, just an example of "Barrel Bedding"!

mystictopx620.jpg
</div></div>

Zoiks! Was that in the magic shed all this time as well?????
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just remember you can own supressors and class 3 as long as you don't use them.
frown.gif
</div></div>

sorry no class 3 except AOW's, unless you get and FFL 07 and pay the SOT, like I do and you can build all the cans, MGs, SBRs and SBS you want and shoot them all day long.

That's Catch 22 ..... if you say your crazy to get out of the army , you can't be crazy or something like that, now I'm confused. But at least I can HAVE a supressor. I guess.

Ah i was misinformed then. I was always told you can have them as long as you don't fire them But still the usual paperwork..

all the people that owned class3 items before the ban are grandfathered in, and you are right, cannot shoot them in this state anymore.
since the ban only LEO, military and SOT can possess and use all the cool stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gone shootin'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's Catch 22 ..... if you say your crazy to get out of the army , you can't be crazy or something like that, now I'm confused. But at least I can HAVE a supressor. I guess.</div></div>
yes, you can own suppressors but cannot shoot them in the state, the problem is an old hunting law that is so badly written it encompasses all kind of different shooting discipline and not just the poaching of game.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gone shootin'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The FFL 07 sounds like fun. I have a C&R. That was not hard to get. Even in CA. Do you need a store front for the 07?</div></div>
nope, the internet can be your store front or the gunshows, since this is a manufacturing license instead of an 02 which is only resale. The 07 is the best license of them all, it allows the manufacture of anything (but destructive devices) works as an 02 and even covers ammunition manufacturing. really worth every penny especially in this state.
the only annoying thing is having to pay $500 a year for the SOT but that more than covers all the suppressor I make and the few MGs I built as dealer samples.

Thanx a Lot.
If you want to see vids of them go to youtube and lookup ruststar, I posted some fun stuff there.
Enjoy,
Cheers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gone shootin'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very happy to be in the FREE state of WA.</div></div>

.... should we tell him? .... I just don't have the heart.... he's come so far.
whistle.gif

Welcome man.
wink.gif
</div></div>
naw, just let him live the dream for a while. you know, just like we were kids and one day we found out about the real Santa Claus ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah it is! I think the chance of this vibrating following a shot are just about zero.

mystictopx620.jpg
</div></div>

Zoiks! Was that in the magic shed all this time as well?????
wink.gif
</div></div>

Nope, thats someone elses barrel. I was just showing one of the very many things that you could do with the truck axle I have for sale.