• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it is full but tell him you know me personally and he might still hook you up. gary is awesome to deal with.</div></div>

I told him I knew you personally, he just swore at me a bunch and then hung up on me....
wink.gif
</div></div>
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it is full but tell him you know me personally and he might still hook you up. gary is awesome to deal with.</div></div>

I told him I knew you personally, he just swore at me a bunch and then hung up on me....
wink.gif
</div></div>

wow i haven't heard from you on here in ages and bamm you make me look like the jackass i am in one swift kick! i love it.

I don't know this guy from Adam... but had this email forwarded to me... thought I'd share
grin.gif

Story that came with it goes like this:

"This is freaking scary. As you know I was alone when I downed this elk in ND. I was using my camera’s timer attached to my shooting stick to give me enough time to get into the picture. I knew there were a lot of cats in the area but had no idea they would come in this close to people. He had to be within 10 feet of me and I didn’t even know it. I about crapped my pants when I looked at the pictures the next morning and saw he was there."

The beauty is.... he never knew it was there... until seeing the picture...

BigCat-Cheese.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where do most of you guys shoot at??</div></div>

Phreak.... Home range would be Cascade.

My laptop has been corupted through my hotmail account and I can get to the reply screen but it won't submit.....I am in the process of getting it cleaned but if anyone needs to contact me and has my cell you are welcome to call or text.

The SHWW tshirt buy will be delayed untill I can get my other tower up and running. My wife hates for me to be on her laptop and I can still read shit on the internet just can't download anything!!!!

I got an upgrade in my Vehicle Status!!!!

100_5433.jpg

I can actually build shit for this one and repair it cheaply!! The Dodge was incredibly cool but I was always afraid to use it hard or modify anything because it would cost $2000 and up for a winch bumper...this one I can just start up the welder.

Ahh the closest range to me is Tacoma Sportsman Club so that's where I normally go but I'm growing to hate it due to one range master there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ahh the closest range to me is Tacoma Sportsman Club so that's where I normally go but I'm growing to hate it due to one range master there.</div></div>

drive a little further and try the Paul Bunyan range, at least they have 600 yds and most everybody there is cool. You can bump into Bret Evans or Kelly Bachand once in a while too.

I haven't been by there yet, but I've heard good things.

I like the range at the sportsman's club and most of the people are fun to shoot with, just that one guy seems to have a thing against me. Went Monday with my pastor to confirm his zero before he leaves to go hunting. The whole time my pastor was shooting he was just walking back and forth behind everybody, or spotting for people while they tried to sight in. But right when I started to shoot he stood right at the edge of the bench the whole time not looking down range, but directly at me, he was close enough to get hit with the brass when I chambered the next round then continued to just stand there. My personal opinion if you're close enough to get hit by the brass from a bolt you're just a little too close.

The time before that was alot more irritating than that so maybe that's why this time seemed to bother me as well, I'm not really sure, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

That actually wasn't to bad compared to the last time when I went with my brother and my ar. I only have 30 round mags for it range rules are only 10 rounds in a mag so as soon as I got there I unloaded all them of them and only put 10 rounds in each while waiting for a bench to open up. About 5 minutes after I get a bench he walks up to me asks me to unload the mags to show that I really do only have 10 rounds in each. To his suprise, I really do, this was fine with me, I'm young, he was just making sure I was following the rules, then about 30-45 minutes later, he asks me to do the same, that one kind of annoyed me, but the worse part was him telling me I was rapid firing when the guys on each side of me had ars and we all shot in succession, when I told him I didn't rapid fire and had only fired one shot he proceded to tell me if I did it again I'd be kicked off the range and banned. I removed my mag, unchambered the round unloaded the mag, showed him I had 9 rounds still in it. I guess in his mind it proved the point that I was loading more than 10 rounds, because he just repeated if I did it again I was banned. I finished off the 9 rounds left in the mag, and then left pissed off. Oh I shot 60 rounds in almost 3 hours from an ar that's not too rapid going by their 1 second pause between shots rule. I had another 150 rounds I was planning to shoot that day!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That actually wasn't to bad compared to the last time when I went with my brother and my ar. I only have 30 round mags for it range rules are only 10 rounds in a mag so as soon as I got there I unloaded all them of them and only put 10 rounds in each while waiting for a bench to open up. About 5 minutes after I get a bench he walks up to me asks me to unload the mags to show that I really do only have 10 rounds in each. To his suprise, I really do, this was fine with me, I'm young, he was just making sure I was following the rules, then about 30-45 minutes later, he asks me to do the same, that one kind of annoyed me, but the worse part was him telling me I was rapid firing when the guys on each side of me had ars and we all shot in succession, when I told him I didn't rapid fire and had only fired one shot he proceded to tell me if I did it again I'd be kicked off the range and banned. I removed my mag, unchambered the round unloaded the mag, showed him I had 9 rounds still in it. I guess in his mind it proved the point that I was loading more than 10 rounds, because he just repeated if I did it again I was banned. I finished off the 9 rounds left in the mag, and then left pissed off. Oh I shot 60 rounds in almost 3 hours from an ar that's not too rapid going by their 1 second pause between shots rule. I had another 150 rounds I was planning to shoot that day! </div></div>
Trouble maker!
wink.gif

I have a really bad itch for a trg 22. is there anybody reasonably close to whidbey island that would let me spend alittle time with theirs.

thanks scott

If the guy was closer to my age I'd probably say something, but I was raised to respect older people, so I try to do that, even though that guy pushed my patience pretty good. I Was hoping the guy I went shooting with would say something, but never happened. ( I try not to cause too much trouble
wink.gif
)

SouthWest Ammo 260 Remington group buy:

for those of you who shoot 260 Remington, please vote for which bullet SW Ammo is going to use in their 260 Remington group buy. Choice is either the 142 grain SMK or the 139 grain Lapua.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...388#Post2102388

For those of you who don't shoot 260 Remington, please follow the link and vote for the 142 grain SMK's. Hey, I need all the votes I can get.
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a really bad itch for a trg 22. is there anybody reasonably close to whidbey island that would let me spend alittle time with theirs.

thanks scott</div></div>

.....No Lucas?

My TRG 22 is my mane rifle right now.
NF 5.5-22 56
Near MFG and 3ring unimount
Rodale muzzle brake

I love it. If you want to check it out let me know. N kitsap area.

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a really bad itch for a trg 22. is there anybody reasonably close to whidbey island that would let me spend alittle time with theirs.

thanks scott</div></div>

.....No Lucas?</div></div>

lucas has a trg42

damn you guys are quite a distance, maybe we could me up at bigs spot some weekend shoot some steel and let me check out the trg's

If you guys want to hit my spot you're welcome to. Get a hold of Mayday, or jcvibby. They know where my steel is stashed. I won't be around for the next 3 weeks. Leaving to go hunting in the AM. Won't be back 'till the 8th. If you can wait, I'd like to join you up there for some steel bashing.

I'd love to get out there again but I'm tied up this weekend and the next. I game for any time after that.

Mike

Good luck with your hunting BW.
I'm gonna try and kill sumpin' this weekend, hopefully me and the youngest son will find some legal deer over by Twisp.
Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love to get out there again but I'm tied up this weekend and the next. I game for any time after that.

Mike</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">November! I've got the itch so bad, it's hard to be around myself!
wink.gif
</div></div>

lets all get a date nailed down in november either in sedro wooley or in ellensburg. i have some portable steel. I can even bring a barracade to practice on if you guys want.
IMGP8977.jpg

sweet lets do the 13th, if anybody else wants to join in let me know. probably ellensburg would be best for me. It would be cool if there was snow but probably to early in the season.

I've been watching this thread for a while. I'm a noob on long range shooting but want to learn and more importantly practice. Woul I be able to join you guys? I think my friend MG may have shot with you guys before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been watching this thread for a while. I'm a noob on long range shooting but want to learn and more importantly practice. Woul I be able to join you guys? I think my friend MG may have shot with you guys before. </div></div>

we are always looking for more guys to get into this sport, just make sure you have your rifle zeroed before we get there and you have a scope with target turrets of some sort. let us know if there is anything you need us to bring to help you out.

Bring plenty of ammo because the sound of hitting steel is addictive!!!

Cool thanks. My NightForce optics should workout good on my 308. I can zero'd for left/right but range up/down will have to be done there.

I am down with helping you out and getting you dialed in and help with positioning, but it would really be nice if you could come witht the rifle totally zeroed at 100yds.

.....Ryo, please don't read me wrong... just wondering where we are at. Do you currently have a "zero" at any particular distance? If you've shot it, and hit anything, then you might....
wink.gif

You need to show up with the point of impact matching the point of aim at a known distance. 100 yds is a good one.

Just wondering, is the plan for the 13th a day trip or an overnighter, I should be good either way, just need to know to let the wife know.
Mike

13th will be a day trip, we will probably meet up in issaquah early morning. bring plenty of ammo most noobs shoot a ton the first time on steel. we should be able to get you out to 1050yards, be ready because are closest target is 400yds

Sounds cool! Shot steel with Bigwheels a few weeks ago for the first time, it's addicting, I'll plan on lots of ammo! I'll keep watching the thread for more details.
I hope I can get a load dialed in before then, if not I'll get more ammo on the way.
Mike

i will probably bring the barracades to practice and possibly draw a few stages just for fun and to get the competitive juices flowing alittle. it will probably be fairly cold with wind, i think elevation is around 2500 but dont quote me on that.

I'm up for shooting anytime up north, I could also probably get out to EBurg soon also. If anyone wants to go in the next week or two lemme know.

Do you guys go shooting where you can go distances past 1200 yards. I have a 338 snipetac almost ready to go that I would like to go past 2000 yards. I know of a spot but I cant get there during winter.