• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

^^ So what does the fact of constantly asking about the scope help out with??? This reminds me of the kids that slam there asses on the floor in public for to force their parents to get them a toy because the public is watching. I also am waiting for one other scope I ordered, and I'm fine with that. I don't think there was this much talk about info needed when vortex was getting there pst line out. And there are still people waiting to get some of the vortex scopes.

I can understand you point that SWFA should come out and say what's going on. But like I said its not going to solve anything. Insaid this before a thread where half of the thread is about how SWFA should ship the scopes or where is my scope is not a fun thread to read. But if it makes the guys asking feel better I guess go to town with the same question.

Aron-

i understand both sides of the arguement here.swfa got swamped with orders.everybody who ordered a brand new scope not yet on the market should realize there's going to be some wait.i knew there would be wait but was willing to take a chance on what i hope turns out to be a great scope at a great price.that said,my tactical match shooting has come to a halt until mine comes.i know some people have shelves full of schmidt benders,and night forces for back up until their's show up but not everybody does.bottom line,IMHO,i don't it would hurt SWFA to give weekly or bi- weekly updates on this thread that way everybody has a clue and need to order a different,used scope or someting while they wait if it's going to be quite some time before orders are filled.that would also stop the complaining and speculating.if people still bitched,then they could be shut down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^ So what does the fact of constantly asking about the scope help out with??? This reminds me of the kids that slam there asses on the floor in public for to force their parents to get them a toy because the public is watching. I also am waiting for one other scope I ordered, and I'm fine with that. I don't think there was this much talk about info needed when vortex was getting there pst line out. And there are still people waiting to get some of the vortex scopes.

I can understand you point that SWFA should come out and say what's going on. But like I said its not going to solve anything. Insaid this before a thread where half of the thread is about how SWFA should ship the scopes or where is my scope is not a fun thread to read. But if it makes the guys asking feel better I guess go to town with the same question.

Aron- </div></div>

Since you seem to have all the asnwers, lets review...you posted this on the 22nd:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the 20th of May.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Who ever made the first shipment will get them either this week or next.</span> I called SWFA to check stock for a base that I wanted and actually was on hold until I got someone on the phone. I then realized that people are calling them for the scopes like crazy. I didn't bother calling I figured that I will get mine when I get the shipping notification. But we don't need to call them. All calling does is slow them down from packing out scopes for shipping. I wait for news to be posted by SWFA or LL. I believe that we waiting for other firearm related items to get to us longer than these scopes why not just sit tight and when it gets there its there. Nothing will make it ship faster by calling or posting "I would like some updates and what not". <span style="color: #FF0000">I have had great experience with SWFA and know that they will post updates when there are updates </span>or they contact LL.

Aron-</div></div>

It's apparent that after two weeks of shipping, they're not even through the first <span style="font-style: italic">day</span> of orders. The group buy was effective and orders started going in on the 18th, and it's been stated several times that we were told that orders placed before the 27th were covered by the first shipment. At the rate they're going, people that ordered on the 26th, <span style="font-style: italic">if covered by the first shipment</span>, won't get their scopes for another 18 weeks, but you <span style="font-weight: bold">stated</span> that everyone in the first shipment will get their scope the first or second week.
There's a glaring contradiction here. You were also sure that, because you've has such great dealings with SWFA and felt comfortable speaking for them, that you KNEW they'd offer updates as they had them. Now you're saying requests for updates are childish, and everyone should just STFU?
If it wasn't for a technical screw up, you'd still be <span style="font-style: italic">weeks</span> from getting your first scope.
Why don;t you just take your scope and go shooting or something...let the people who are a little confused on just what exactly is going on here, deal with it how they will. If they want to ask questions, it's really no skin off your butt either way. Better asking here than bothering SWFA. I;ve said before...I'm sure they;re doing the best they can to get the scopes out, but the communication is leaving something to be desired.
JMO

I ordered my scope on June 3rd so I know that I have a long wait, oh well. I don't think asking what is going on is a bad thing but, I would hate to see either LL or SWFA get pissed and say that its not worth the trouble to do something like this when a new SS product comes out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^ So what does the fact of constantly asking about the scope help out with??? This reminds me of the kids that slam there asses on the floor in public for to force their parents to get them a toy because the public is watching. I also am waiting for one other scope I ordered, and I'm fine with that. I don't think there was this much talk about info needed when vortex was getting there pst line out. And there are still people waiting to get some of the vortex scopes.

Aron- </div></div>

Since you seem to have all the asnwers, lets review...you posted this on the 22nd:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the 20th of May.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Who ever made the first shipment will get them either this week or next.</span> I called SWFA to check stock for a base that I wanted and actually was on hold until I got someone on the phone. I then realized that people are calling them for the scopes like crazy. I didn't bother calling I figured that I will get mine when I get the shipping notification. But we don't need to call them. All calling does is slow them down from packing out scopes for shipping. I wait for news to be posted by SWFA or LL. I believe that we waiting for other firearm related items to get to us longer than these scopes why not just sit tight and when it gets there its there. Nothing will make it ship faster by calling or posting "I would like some updates and what not". <span style="color: #FF0000">I have had great experience with SWFA and know that they will post updates when there are updates </span>or they contact LL.

Aron-</div></div>

It's apparent that after two weeks of shipping, they're not even through the first <span style="font-style: italic">day</span> of orders. The group buy was effective and orders started going in on the 18th, and it's been stated several times that we were told that orders placed before the 27th were covered by the first shipment. At the rate they're going, people that ordered on the 26th, <span style="font-style: italic">if covered by the first shipment</span>, won't get their scopes for another 18 weeks, but you <span style="font-weight: bold">stated</span> that everyone in the first shipment will get their scope the first or second week.
There's a glaring contradiction here. You were also sure that, because you've has such great dealings with SWFA and felt comfortable speaking for them, that you KNEW they'd offer updates as they had them. Now you're saying requests for updates are childish, and everyone should just STFU?
If it wasn't for a technical screw up, you'd still be <span style="font-style: italic">weeks</span> from getting your first scope.
Why don;t you just take your scope and go shooting or something...let the people who are a little confused on just what exactly is going on here, deal with it how they will. If they want to ask questions, it's really no skin off your butt either way. Better asking here than bothering SWFA. I;ve said before...I'm sure they;re doing the best they can to get the scopes out, but the communication is leaving something to be desired.
JMO</div></div>

The part were I said that they will be shipping in the next two weeks was based on the fact that SFWA said that they had enough to cover the first shipment.

I also said that when they have something to update with they will. I didn't say that there will be an update every day or every week or month!

I ordered a AR-15 upper from WOA and they told me a month until I get the upper well it ended up being 2 1/2 months and I just waited for it and never called to ask questions because I felt they will send me info when the upper will done. This scope is a new scope on the market that from what I can tell about it so far would be worth the wait even if it was six month from now. This scope is not a PST that some people waited one year almost to get it.

I guess if you feel like posting here for an update do it. But I will say that SWFA, or who ever other scope maker out there you can name will not post anything if there is not further update. I guess patients is truly a virtue. I'm done trying to tell people that one person asking is enough there isn't the need for half of this thread to be the same question form different members.

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered my scope on June 3rd so I know that I have a long wait, oh well. I don't think asking what is going on is a bad thing but, I would hate to see either LL or SWFA get pissed and say that its not worth the trouble to do something like this when a new SS product comes out.</div></div>

+1 I can really see this as being the last SWFA group buy like this in a really, and I mean really long time.

Aron-

Don't really want to add to this thread as I could care less when my scope comes in as I know it will be awhile as I ordered it a day before the GB ended but I just wanted to throw something out there.

People that are focusing on the fact that they are still getting scopes out to people that ordered on the first day need to realize that a large majority of the scopes ordered in the group buy were probably ordered on the day that the $500 off coupon went up so things will probably speed up after that first big group is taken care of.

This thread cracks me up, it's like a Soap opera, I too am waiting to get an update on shipping. I ordered my two scopes a few days before the group buy ended, so I am not expecting them any time soon and I am happy to use my Nightforce until they arrive.
For those of you that purchased the scope thinking that you were gonna get it right away, I guess you have a choice, you can always cancel your order and order a different scope, or just chill and wait till they get here, it's that simple.
SScott

I appreciate the guys who have posted when they received word from SWFA that their scope has shipped along with when they placed their order.
This information helps keep us somewhat updated on how things are progressing without SWFA having to post even a single update or field numerous phone calls from curious customers who are excited about recieving their new scope.
I know some people think it's all negative drama but I would bet that SWFA is loving it because it shows the excitement in a new product they developed, which must be very rewarding for them to observe.....

There was a 4 digit number hand written on the end of my box 1,8xx. Not sure what that means? I ordered 2.5-3hrs after the coupon kicked in.

Hope this will add to the patience level a bit.
smile.gif
The new SS came through for me today at the steel course we have on my dad’s farm. It was the first time shooting the match with the new scope and I got my best score to date. The SS is a big step up from a standard Vortex Viper. I’m lovin the new SS. Here is how it went – 3 shots max at each target.

1st round hit = 10 pts
2nd round hit = 7 pts
3rd round hit = 5 pts

380 – 6” square – 1st round hit – 10 pts.
785 – 12” square – 1st round hit - 10 pts.
785 – 6” circle – Miss (5 point Bonus target 1 shot only allowed) – 0 pts.
460 – 8” square – 1st round hit - 10 pts.
520 – 9x10” – 1st round hit - 10 pts.
520 – 4x6” – Hit - (5 point Bonus target 1 shot only allowed) – 5 pts.
450 – 8” circle – 1st round hit – 10 pts.
1100 – 25” circle – 1st round hit – 10 pts
1110 – 15” square – 1st round hit – 10 pts.
1050 - 9x10” – 3rd round hit – 5 pts.
80/90 points

People crying about the fact that it appears SWFA is still getting through the first's days orders should realize the first day was probably the heaviest day.

I don't know anything about numbers in terms of sales, but the buy in took their servers for a normal operating capacity of 6% to maxing out the capacity just short of crashing the system.

So to make it sound like they think they know something, understand the bulk were ordered the first day or so it would appear based on my read of it.

And again, regarding the May 27th date, that was changed and communicated as such by SWFA on here. That date was changed as well it was posted that they asked for batches to be send as completed and inspected do to the popularity of this of this offer.

I will say this personally, the ones causing the issues, like Steelcomp, once again you have soured me on Group Buys or anything else like this. As I have stated I get offers for buys all the time and in cases like this, I can add in the marketing capabilities of the site to lower costs beyond what it would normally be. So if a persons lists a group buy on their own most of you can expect to save 10% on it. By added me and SH in the mix I can usually secure closer to 25%... well good luck that happening for a very long time as you have completely turned me off the process once again. I really appreciated working with SWFA, and would do it again for them, but chances of it happening anytime soon will be slim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a 4 digit number hand written on the end of my box 1,8xx. Not sure what that means? I ordered 2.5-3hrs after the coupon kicked in. </div></div>
My number on the box was 13xx. I was in 20 minutes after the GB began, so I'm guessing they sold a shit ton of scopes on the first day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People crying about the fact that it appears SWFA is still getting through the first's days orders should realize the first day was probably the heaviest day.

I don't know anything about numbers in terms of sales, but the buy in took their servers for a normal operating capacity of 6% to maxing out the capacity just short of crashing the system.

So to make it sound like they think they know something, understand the bulk were ordered the first day or so it would appear based on my read of it.

And again, regarding the May 27th date, that was changed and communicated as such by SWFA on here. That date was changed as well it was posted that they asked for batches to be send as completed and inspected do to the popularity of this of this offer.

I will say this personally, the ones causing the issues, like Steelcomp, once again you have soured me on Group Buys or anything else like this. As I have stated I get offers for buys all the time and in cases like this, I can add in the marketing capabilities of the site to lower costs beyond what it would normally be. So if a persons lists a group buy on their own most of you can expect to save 10% on it. By added me and SH in the mix I can usually secure closer to 25%... well good luck that happening for a very long time as you have completely turned me off the process once again. I really appreciated working with SWFA, and would do it again for them, but chances of it happening anytime soon will be slim. </div></div>

...and this ppl is why we can't have nice things. even though i didn't take place in this buy i do want to extend my thanks to lowlight for all he does.

I am a proud member of the Snipershide community and am very thankful for the efforts of Lowlight on our behalf and for the good people at SWFA for offering superb products for us at amazing deals. Anyone who is unhappy with this group buy really needs to step back and reevaluate the situation.

We got a great deal on what appears to be a tremendous scope. The short wait between ordering your scope and receiving it will be a distant memory after years of service from a fine product.

I hope that Lowlight doesn't misconstrue that the vocal few who are complaining represent the voice of the majority. I just wanted to make sure that Lowlight and SWFA know that many of us who have been patiently waiting are happy to do so and grateful for this opportunity.

If you feel the same way, let's turn this thread around and let Lowlight and SWFA know.

Agreed. It is a great scope at an even better price.

I would love to see more deals in the future with all of the Hide Sponsors. I think so far, SWFA is handling it well as is the majority of customers that purchased one of the new SSHD5x20 scopes. I mean 33% off guys! What's wrong with that?

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate it.

Mike

I also wanted to say thanks to Lowlight and SWFA for settingg up this group buy. People who complain tend to be the loudest but I'm sure most of the people who ordered the scopes are very happy to get in on an amazing deal.

Although to be honest I wouldn't be too upset if Lowlight took a little break from group buys as I find them to be too good of a deal to pass up! I recently ordered a SS 3-9 in the kit group buy and now have an order in for the SS HD 5-20. I actually hope the scope doesn't arrive for a while so I can spend time with my other new scope
grin.gif

Thanks again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People crying about the fact that it appears SWFA is still getting through the first's days orders should realize the first day was probably the heaviest day.

I will say this personally, the ones causing the issues, like Steelcomp, once again you have soured me on Group Buys or anything else like this. As I have stated I get offers for buys all the time and in cases like this, I can add in the marketing capabilities of the site to lower costs beyond what it would normally be. So if a persons lists a group buy on their own most of you can expect to save 10% on it. By added me and SH in the mix I can usually secure closer to 25%... well good luck that happening for a very long time as you have completely turned me off the process once again. I really appreciated working with SWFA, and would do it again for them, but chances of it happening anytime soon will be slim. </div></div>Sorry you felt like you had to single me out LL, but exactly what "issues" am I causing? I'm just going on the information here, and I've repeated it as I've read it. It's confusing. I'm not making anything up, I'm not bashing SWFA, I'm not cursing or insulting anyone and I'm not "causing any issues". No drama here. My post of "I WANT MY SCOPE" was meant in fun and being sarcastic. In fact, expecting that it would be taken the wrong way I tried to delet it, but too late. Sorry for that.
I'll also ask this...how does what someone posts here effect you or the group buy one way or another? I haven't <span style="font-style: italic">once</span> called SWFA or PM'd them. You, SWFA and everyone else involved are going to do what you're going to do, regardless, so what is it that you're complaining about anyway? What do <span style="font-style: italic">you</span> have to complain about <span style="font-style: italic">at all</span>? I think you've got it pretty damn good, don't you? Certainly better than the rest of us in this situation.

Again, I greatly appreciate you backing the group buy, the new scope and SWFA's offers for the discount. Sorry for the trouble and politely asking a few questions. If you have a personal problem with me, send me a PM and we can clear it up. Otherwise, respectfully, I don't see I've done anything wrong here.

How does it effect me... easy, you won't drop it and constantly calling negative attention because you feel you are being given the run around, then you go on to speculate, causing more disruption to this thread. Basically because you don't like the way the information is flowing you are turning it negative.

As to your comment I will do what I do regardless, well not true, when people like you fuss and disrupt, constantly posting question and speculation instead of letting it play out naturally, it changes my feelings on the subject. So you absolutely effect things in a negative way. You turned the conservation and set the tone for the last bunch of pages. When you don' t like any answer, you push.

I do have a personal problem with you and instead of pm's I should just black ball you from here, this way we don't have to put up with the constant barrage of your negativity. Basically you're attempting to turn people against this buy as if someone is lying and screwing you. Trust me in this case I would much rather ban then banter back and forth with someone who thinks he has all the answers.

You insult the effort and the process. Turned this thread to shit, it was already locked once because of you, and only unlocked because SWFA felt no kind of heat from it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does it effect me... easy, you won't drop it and constantly calling negative attention because you feel you are being given the run around, then you go on to speculate, causing more disruption to this thread. Basically because you don't like the way the information is flowing you are turning it negative.

As to your comment I will do what I do regardless, well not true, when people like you fuss and disrupt, constantly posting question and speculation instead of letting it play out naturally, it changes my feelings on the subject. So you absolutely effect things in a negative way. You turned the conservation and set the tone for the last bunch of pages. When you don' t like any answer, you push.

I do have a personal problem with you and instead of pm's I should just black ball you from here, this way we don't have to put up with the constant barrage of your negativity. <span style="color: #FF0000">Basically you're attempting to turn people against this buy as if someone is lying and screwing you. </span> Trust me in this case I would much rather ban then banter back and forth with someone who thinks he has all the answers.

You insult the effort and the process. Turned this thread to shit, it was already locked once because of you, and only unlocked because SWFA felt no kind of heat from it. </div></div>That's just a bunch of crap and you couldn't be more wrong about me, but so be it. That's the internet. Sorry about that. You won't her another word.

I am a new member and probably don't carry much weight in this discussion. However, I want to point out that I am a new member because of the information and opportunities I have seen here on SnipersHide. I have learned a lot and have seen this great deal on a well reviewed scope. I have seen a lot of other forums where a few people with stilted views can make things miserable for the regular reader. I didn't take part in this buy because I have two other scopes I am breaking in on and it came at the wrong time for me. However, I would love to see a well orchestrated purchase like this in the future. To get those we have to be civil in this forum. I don't think that is too much to ask. For lowlight, I have nothing but praise. Likewise for SWFA who must be grinding out overtime to get the scopes delivered. We can't have everything. If we make a huge buy and the pipeline is only wide enough to get a specific number of quality scopes delivered in a specific period of time - then we have to be patient. As an example, the Viper PST took a very long time and there was not much of a price break when it hit. Instead, we had the opportunity to get a great scope at a fantastic price and then those who knew it was a successful group buy started to complain. I can't blame lowlight for being discouraged. I wouldn't blame SWFA for being upset at making this effort, losing the profit margin and then seeing pages of complaints. I hope the complaints stop because I would love to participate in another buy like this. As it stands, that does not look very promising. Again, thanks to SWFA, SnipersHide, and lowlight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does it effect me... easy, you won't drop it and constantly calling negative attention because you feel you are being given the run around, then you go on to speculate, causing more disruption to this thread. Basically because you don't like the way the information is flowing you are turning it negative.

I do have a personal problem with you and instead of pm's I should just black ball you from here, this way we don't have to put up with the constant barrage of your negativity. <span style="color: #FF0000">Basically you're attempting to turn people against this buy as if someone is lying and screwing you. </span> Trust me in this case I would much rather ban then banter back and forth with someone who thinks he has all the answers.

You insult the effort and the process. Turned this thread to shit, it was already locked once because of you, and only unlocked because SWFA felt no kind of heat from it. </div></div>That's just a bunch of crap and you couldn't be more wrong about me, but so be it. That's the internet. Sorry about that. You won't her another word.</div></div>

No that is the vibe you put out, and even on this page you are completely wrong making it sound like you are right.

You said at the top of this page that earlier SWFA said they had enough scopes in the first shipment to cover the buys up to a point. That however changed when they posted shortly after that they missed the first shipment window and that the delays also caused the shipments to go out on the 9th. In this same communication from them they said they have asked to ship the scope in smaller batches to get them out faster. This is a key point and one you failed to recognize even on this page.

But clearly from the responses to you specifically, people consider your posts a negative aspect of this thread. Not only has your information been wrong, you constantly have pushed to the negative as if you were being lied too with your "they said" posts even after "they" updated that information.

Either way I am done here...

I don’t mind waiting although I am slightly nervous having over a thousand dollars in my online credit card account. The Columbians already managed to acquire my card number once already and buy $1700 worth of curtains.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical_Tom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don’t mind waiting although I am slightly nervous having over a thousand dollars in my online credit card account. The Columbians already managed to acquire my card number once already and buy $1700 worth of curtains. </div></div>

Mail SWFA a check. Then they will just credit your account and you don't have to worry about it.

I go away for the holiday and come back and find all this negative drivel. I saw the "No Scope for You" joke SWFA posted akin to the soup nazi, that was classic but I will tell you this if I was SWFA....the whiners would be canceled and their name put on a ban list. Jesus H Christ gentleman, grow up or go back to your Gerber's baby food. I am at the end of the group by since I traded a scope in so if can have patience and wait the rest of you in the beginning and middle can just sit down and shut up and wait like the rest of us.

Frank, I am here to apologize for the few that ruin your experience helping the Hide's members with a group buy. I do understand though after running a few Lapua group buys myself. But I hope you can accept my apology for the whiners and my thanks from the rest that appreciate SWFA and the Hide working on this for us.

I don't remember seeing too many companies stepping forward with such a value savings for us. I have optics from 3-4 vendors on the Hide and will contintue to support them all I can but this deal was special and some people should remember it.

I have been reading the vauluable posts from professionals here for years. Recently joined to further show support of the site and contribute information where possible.

I always research the site before making a purchase as to similiar applications for my intended purchase of weapons and equipment. I know there are many others deployed overseas that find this site both informational and relevant to dailey operations.

It is my humble opinion that as with our great democratic country the silent majority are supporting the efforts made by a few. LL and SWFA are an example of such intentions to bring a "VALUE" to us all. As such I would like to thank all involved and reiterate our support.

Its to bad it had to become so painful for them as it will likely be a detriment to the many by actions for the few.

Ship it when you ship it. I will continue my patronage.

Thanks all. Jim

Frank is a lot more civil than a lot of forum hosts are. He generally tries to stay above the fray and doesn't go around banning people whenever they disagree with him. I won't say he has never been wrong (I don't really know one way or the other) but as a user of this site and a beneficiary of this and other special purchase opportunities, I think the few dissatisfied parties need to give it a rest. It is a matter of common courtesy.

Frank put a significant amount of personal effort into this deal and SWFA has foregone a great deal of profit to bring us a great deal. If you can't stand the minor inconvenience of waiting for a company that has been very good to this community to fill orders for a product they offered us at a great discount, you are in serious need for a reeducation in manners.

You don't show up to a block party and bitch that you had to wait in line for free beer. Frank and SWFA have been very good neighbors; don't get pissy while they swap kegs.

So I have to wait a few more weeks to get a $2000 scope priced at $1500 normally and discounted by another $500.

I save $1000 on the two I ordered, as in two $2000 value scopes for the price of one?

And people are bitchin?

WTF, over.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stiletto raggio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank is a lot more civil than a lot of forum hosts are. He generally tries to stay above the fray and doesn't go around banning people whenever they disagree with him. I won't say he has never been wrong (I don't really know one way or the other) but as a user of this site and a beneficiary of this and other special purchase opportunities, I think the few dissatisfied parties need to give it a rest. It is a matter of common courtesy.

Frank put a significant amount of personal effort into this deal and SWFA has foregone a great deal of profit to bring us a great deal. If you can't stand the minor inconvenience of waiting for a company that has been very good to this community to fill orders for a product they offered us at a great discount, you are in serious need for a reeducation in manners.

You don't show up to a block party and bitch that you had to wait in line for free beer. Frank and SWFA have been very good neighbors; don't get pissy while they swap kegs.</div></div>

+1
Couldn't have said it any better. I don't know anything about LL's banning habits, but I've asked people to leave my parties after hearing them complain to the point that other people got annoyed. No need to ruin the party for everyone just because you're a vegan and I'm grilling up cow carcass and dead yard bird.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AustinCQC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stiletto raggio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank is a lot more civil than a lot of forum hosts are. He generally tries to stay above the fray and doesn't go around banning people whenever they disagree with him. I won't say he has never been wrong (I don't really know one way or the other) but as a user of this site and a beneficiary of this and other special purchase opportunities, I think the few dissatisfied parties need to give it a rest. It is a matter of common courtesy.

You don't show up to a block party and bitch that you had to wait in line for free beer. Frank and SWFA have been very good neighbors; don't get pissy while they swap kegs.</div></div>

+1
Couldn't have said it any better. I don't know anything about LL's banning habits, but I've asked people to leave my parties after hearing them complain to the point that other people got annoyed. No need to ruin the party for everyone just because you're a vegan and I'm grilling up cow carcass and dead yard bird. </div></div>

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I ordered one two days before the deal ended.

I get it when I get it.

I would not have ordered it if I needed it "right now." Anyone who did so is a fool. Complaining about the delay is juvenile and only makes it likely that SH and SWFA won't do any such deal again.

SH and SWFA need to ignore the complaints, understand that a vocal few are pissing in the punch, and continue with the mission--F the haters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still would like to see a 3-15 version
laugh.gif
that would be awesome!!!

Aron- </div></div>

Not meant to bust your balls, but I fail to see what a 3-15 will do that a 5-20 will not. IMO the bit larger FOV at the low end and maybe a couple ounces is of no consequence. Please enlighten me.

If a person uses the gun for closer type shooting like hunting, the 3-15x would be a nice setup IMO. I also would love to have the 3-15x SS available just for the larger FOV on the bottom end. I never shoot over 12-14x so 15x would fit my needs perfectly.

The 5-20x is a great all around scope though, that can fit many different calibers and uses well.

But until then, I will very much enjoy my two 5-20x's.
smile.gif

I want it for a .308 with a 20" barrel that I do not shoot further than 1000 yards. And I would assume (not 100% sure) that it would be cheaper to build than a 5-20. Oh and I would like to see a 44mm objective lens instead of 50. Also hunting wise it would be nicer to me anyway.

Aron-

Like Frank mentioned many times, we have continued to update when we have something to update. Nothing has really changed since the last update.

One thing I can promise y'all is that absolutely no one wants you to have your new SS-HD more than we do. We are very proud of this scope and can't wait for our customers to get them and start using them. I was up here this weekend doing things to help speed up the process. I logged into SH to take a break for a few minutes, once Sat. and once Sun., both times I posted a funny picture to help break the tension. I did not mean to upset or offend anyone by doing so. I just skimmed through, posted a pic. and got back to work.

We are still getting out as many as we can a day and people should still be getting UPS tracking e-mails. I've got some guys that have agreed to stay after hours and weekends so we can get more out, but they want me to get the air conditioner fixed first.
Whatever.gif

There was a massive amount of orders the first day but they don't even remotely compare to the orders on the last three days.

Another thing to consider in regards to people posting order dates and times. I am not certain because I have not looked into it, but I think that your time stamp may be time zone specific. So people saying, "I ordered at 1:34 and have not received mine and so and so order at 1:35 and already has his". He may be East coast and you may be West coast. We just receive X amount and the computer spits out the orders, in order of when they were received Texas time. There are some delays with credit card problems, wrong billing addresses, wrong expiration date, etc. that take longer to clear up than others, these orders with problems are having product allocated to them but they are not shipping until all of the information is correct. This might also be a reason for some orders shipping before another that was placed at a similar time.

As mentioned at the first of this post, nothing has changed since the last update. We are still working on the first batch. We are a small family business and don’t have robots and automated picking machines, so we are greatly hampered when order volume exceeds our normal daily average. We hope to get some robots soon, but until then I promise y’all that we are working as hard and long as we can to take care of our customers. We greatly appreciate the business.

R2D2_by_Kierido.jpg

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guns4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... I am at the end of the group by since I traded a scope in ... </div></div>
Yeah, me too.

Signed, scopeless in KC.
smile.gif

It gives me more time to shoot pistols.
whistle.gif