• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Taxes as legalized theft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I'm sorry Maggot, but the entire exercise which ends at the beginning of the Lord's day will have been to show us that the concept of men ruling man is futile in nature.

We can try to make the best of what we got for now, but it seems only the stupid get to run for office. There's some 1000's year old writings about how we are lead by children and how history repeats. That darned book sure has a knack for calling it how it is. I like to think of it as tomorrows newspaper today.

Now where did my representation go? I did not vote for suppressors to be banned.
Thats exactly what I was saying. This, at best is temporary. The best beyond our correction and will take a greater hand than ours.

Reactions: Inifinty
The other day I saw some comments to that effect. I call bullshit, I like paying my taxes. They build the Interstate highways that make travel easy. They pay for a military to protect our land. They pay for schools (that are unfortunately being gutted of true intelligence). I do object to some f the ways they are used like handouts to parasites, and worthless wars.

My thought is that its not legalized theft because unlike complete tyrannies, you have at least three options:

-Vote them out
A 2 party system isnt a choice. Voting out corruption in politics is impossible at this point, and has been for a long time. We need term limits on EVERYONE
-Run for office and steal most of them for your personal use.
Only vetted and accepted members are allowed into the country club. (See above again)
-Get in your vehicle, or walk, either north or south east of west, til you find someplace you dont have to pay taxes and reside there. Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Dont have a comment on this

But if you want to stay here pay like the rest of us.

I dont mind paying taxes. But heres the thing. When is enough (Enough?) Im at 27% federal income tax rate. I cant remember what my Louisiana State income tax rate is. Then theres sales tax, property tax (Especially on land/house that I OWN!) Vehicle inspection tags, and more miscellaneous taxes that im sure Im forgetting.

Right out the gate at 27% tax, I have to work until mid-April until the Fed Gov taxes are paid. Add all the other taxes and lets say another month of taxes. That puts me until mid-may until my money is mine. And Im sure Im being generous with the other tax rates.

Funny law of unintended consequences here in Kalifornia: we made weed legal but the old illegal growers are struggling. The price has gone down due to competition, permits are very expensive, growing facilities must meet environmental and disabilities requirements. Depending on where you grow, taxes must be paid on your projected crop AND what is actually harvested.
I worked as an LEO for 21 years and had friends on the task force that would drop in from helicopters to try to eradicate illegal grows. Try as they might, they didn't do shit compared to what governmental taxes and regulations did in just over a year.

Funny law of unintended consequences here in Kalifornia: we made weed legal but the old illegal growers are struggling. The price has gone down due to competition, permits are very expensive, growing facilities must meet environmental and disabilities requirements. Depending on where you grow, taxes must be paid on your projected crop AND what is actually harvested.
I worked as an LEO for 21 years and had friends on the task force that would drop in from helicopters to try to eradicate illegal grows. Try as they might, they didn't do shit compared to what governmental taxes and regulations did in just over a year.
Might be some competition from south of the border as well.

R

Last edited:
Might be some competition form south of the border as well.

R
Not really, you can't buy an unknown weed from a pot shop or dispensery. There's a whole friggen tracking system in place from the moment a plant sprouts. There is a black market, but the legal market is cheap and apparently high quality. Weed is still coming over, but most of it goes out of state.

Status
Not open for further replies.