• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

TBAC new Magnus and 338 Ultra Gen2 release dates?

secondofangle2

Online Training Member
Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2017
    I prepaid for a Magnus S RR from MHS, and I'm eyeing a 338 Ultra RR version (I already have a Gen1) pretty hard. ANybody have any information on when they're going to be released?

Side note, I'd love a Ti 375 Cheytac can with RR. Looks like the EI Asset is the only option for now....

Some 338 Ultra Gen2 RR's (BA) have already shipped to MH, and others. Some SR versions are due there Sept.

375 Cheytac is slightly too big for the Magnus/338Ultra design. For now the Ultra50 would be the go-to from us on that. The 375 Magnus is fine with 375 Swiss P with long enough barrels.
    I know you guys are up to your ears and all of your new products but if you ever had a 375 Chi tack lying around to test with that 50 ultra, I’d be interested in decibel and recoil numbers with the short version of the can and the anchor break

Finally got to use the new cans at a club match today. I ran the Magnus S RR on my 25 Creedmoor and my wife used the Magnus K RR on her 6 Dasher. I used the 338 Ultra previously on my 25 Creedmoor and the Ultra 7 on the Dasher. Recoil impulse noticeably shorter with the Magnus S RR on my 25 Creedmoor and muzzle rise cut in half if not more when shooting off a barricade. My wife said night and day difference compared to the Ultra 7. As far as noise the Magnus S RR is no where near as quiet as the 338 Ultra but I did not find it uncomfortable to shoot without ear pro on unless I was under a roof. So far pleased with how the can’s performed.

Sorry about that. Demand in 2024 went off the hook and we are making some big changes to address it. But still making all cans in-house for QC means growth is linear. That said, we are shipping a ton of cans every month, so just find a dealer/distributor that has what you are looking for enroute and get your name on it.

Reactions: secondofangle2
    I'd rather wait on a TBAC can than to get one from some of the other options that take less pride in the quality of the product they are shipping. My can with TBAC has been delayed but they have been more than open and up front with me about timeframe and the reasons for the delay. I'll take proper QC on the build and coating any day over speed of delivery. Especially now that we aren't waiting 12 months from time of purchase to the time it gets out of jail.

Delays and dollars are the name of the game in this industry for high end goods.

Reactions: secondofangle2
    Sorry about that. Demand in 2024 went off the hook and we are making some big changes to address it. But still making all cans in-house for QC means growth is linear. That said, we are shipping a ton of cans every month, so just find a dealer/distributor that has what you are looking for enroute and get your name on it.
    If I could get a cert redeemed through a dealer…

Growth is linear if rate of change over time is constant.

I would think new machinery could create an inflection point at least in the growth curve