• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio 2011 Schedule

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captrichardson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am heading up for the shoot tomorrow, do we have to be there by a certain time for briefings or staging, or is it just going to be an open day to come and go as you please?

I will also be sticking around for the HH on Sun.

See everyone then, Thanks,
M Richardson </div></div>

1st Shots are at 10 am at most matches, youll need to register/pay before that usually from 8:30 to 9:45 people arrive and get registered etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodspider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captrichardson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am heading up for the shoot tomorrow, do we have to be there by a certain time for briefings or staging, or is it just going to be an open day to come and go as you please?

1st Shots are at 10 am at most matches, youll need to register/pay before that usually from 8:30 to 9:45 people arrive and get registered etc. </div></div>

Trying to see if I can resurect my scope, not sure where things stand, keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks,
M Richardson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captrichardson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am heading up for the shoot tomorrow, do we have to be there by a certain time for briefings or staging, or is it just going to be an open day to come and go as you please?

See you tomorrow!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for probably at least 3 weeks if I am lucky and Nightforce is on the ball. </div></div>

lol... try 3 months... my buddy sent in his, they didnt even look at it for 1 month... it was another month in a half after that before he got it back... sell it by a viper PST or HD

Got it working for now, don't know how long it will last, keeping my fingers crossed!

Heading out at 04:30, that is going to be fun! Assuming all goes well hopefully will be rolling in sometime around 09:00-9:30.

Safe travels,
M Richardson

Re: Thunder Valley Precision - Ohio

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wgsp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are the pics Brian took on Sunday.

1213lfl.jpg

rj45rd.jpg
</div></div>

Hey! I took those pics!!

Had a great time today. Thanks for the hospitality, Tom. Kinda nice sitting around BSing with the guys I haven't seen for a few months. I really need to get out there a little more often. The Headhunter stage was pretty fun as well. Tried the mile target, but just couldn't connect. Maybe next time.
Somebody answer me this...... I've hit the 1650 bonus target 7 or 8 times, but the same target from the benches seems much harder to connect with at about 100 yards farther. What am I missing here?

REALLY looking forward to the longer range steel targets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a great time today. Thanks for the hospitality, Tom. Kinda nice sitting around BSing with the guys I haven't seen for a few months. I really need to get out there a little more often. The Headhunter stage was pretty fun as well. Tried the mile target, but just couldn't connect. Maybe next time.
Somebody answer me this...... I've hit the 1650 bonus target 7 or 8 times, but the same target from the benches seems much harder to connect with at about 100 yards farther. What am I missing here?

REALLY looking forward to the longer range steel targets. </div></div>
Don't know if I saw you there. Today was great though. My buddy and I were very surprised with our .223s at 1k (we were the two kids of to the left figuring out what the hell to do, first time past 300 yards (besides highpower)). At first we had the same problem going from 6 to 700 and were thinking wow.. Only 100 yards where are we hitting? Figured it out and got dialed in though. Thanks and Tom and Wayde. Great place you guys have there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no more Open Range days? </div></div>

Sorry but those are few and far between, you can call Tom and try to do some through the week, if his schedule is open. Hunting season is coming fast so the schedule will be thin for a while, will try to get some range days after the Big Buck hits the ground. You can always learn the fast way... just come to the matches. Good to see some friends I haven't seen for a while as well as meet some new ones. And to the youngsters sorry we were all a little busy today, come back and I'll try to do better. Hope I didn't bug you to much while you were shooting.
And last but not least thanks Tom... See ya next week
Wayde

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And to the youngsters sorry we were all a little busy today, come back and I'll try to do better. Hope I didn't bug you to much while you were shooting.
Wayde </div></div>

Hey I thought we did pretty well for being self taught! We plan on coming back a whole lot more so I hope we didn't annoy you guys too much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And to the youngsters sorry we were all a little busy today, come back and I'll try to do better. Hope I didn't bug you to much while you were shooting.
Wayde </div></div>

Hey I thought we did pretty well for being self taught! We plan on coming back a whole lot more so I hope we didn't annoy you guys too much. </div></div>

I agree, I was actually surprised with myself that I was even able to get close to the further plates much less hit them. Hopefully we'll be able to get to know everyone a little better as time goes on and we shoot a few more times. I know I had a great time shooting today. Thank You.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no more Open Range days? </div></div>

Sorry but those are few and far between, you can call Tom and try to do some through the week, if his schedule is open. Hunting season is coming fast so the schedule will be thin for a while, will try to get some range days after the Big Buck hits the ground. You can always learn the fast way... just come to the matches. Good to see some friends I haven't seen for a while as well as meet some new ones. And to the youngsters sorry we were all a little busy today, come back and I'll try to do better. Hope I didn't bug you to much while you were shooting.
And last but not least thanks Tom... See ya next week
Wayde </div></div>

i would like to, but that depends if you can hang out after the match and keep shooting?
diving 2 hours and 30$ to shoot a few targets and diving back is not a well spent training day

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

i would like to, but that depends if you can hang out after the match and keep shooting?
diving 2 hours and 30$ to shoot a few targets and diving back is not a well spent training day </div></div>

You can always hang out after the matches and shoot more. A lot of shooters do that. The match fee includes the whole day of shooting.

Any and every match/shoot is a training day in the minds of most of our shooters.
Each course of fire is a trainin course with a shooter ending up with the high score at the end of the day.
A 12 target course..a 16 target course and a 20 target course as well as a 28 target course is available.
As a member you pay ONLY $20 and nonmembers pay $30. Very reasonable for most everyone and especially for us considering the cost to operate.
As always.. after a shoot we go back to the benches and shoot prone, bench or 4 other shooting positions till dark usually.
We typically finish up around 3-5 pm or sooner then this leaves ample time to train even more.
So, for the total cost the shooters get a great deal of training in as well as make new friends and the entertainment is free.
Most of our shooters drive 1-4 hours and attend 1-8 times per month with and average of 4 times per month. These shooters scores show.
Nothing like a good day of training!

many do.. but i shoot 700 to 800y 2 times a week 15min from my house... TVP is sweet as hell, but the guys i go with need allot of bang for the buck or they wont go...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As always.. after a shoot we go back to the benches and shoot prone, bench or 4 other shooting positions till dark usually.
We typically finish up around 3-5 pm or sooner then this leaves ample time to train even more.</div></div>

thats all i needed... i can bring 2 to 3 others any time i come
next month, is this the course of fire for the AR shoot?
AR Shoot (any caliber) Three classes..iron sites any caliber, Optic-223/556 , Optic-Open
Pos 1) 228,391,561,346
Pos 2) 283,415,366,552
Pos 3) 160,268,499,484

how many shots?
timed event?

Tom,
Just what I was thinking. A little background for the folks. I'm not a new shooter, but new to long range. I came up from NC and took Tom's course in May. This week I was at TVP 3 times, shot the imtimidator match, an open range day, and the headhunter match. I learned a lot from both the hits and misses. These courses don't look very tough on paper, but the way they are layed out they are very challenging.I saw a lot of very experienced shooters missing targets. The cross winds swirling in those hills has to be experienced first hand. The courses of fire,the good people you meet and spend the day with, and the experience you gain, is well worth the price. Thanks Tom and shooters for a good week.

Scott Andreatta
FPD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sbfcolin2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey is the party still planned for this weekend. I know it was up in the air if it was actually going to happen then or not. </div></div>

No... but we are still shooting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">next month, is this the course of fire for the AR shoot?
AR Shoot (any caliber) Three classes..iron sites any caliber, Optic-223/556 , Optic-Open
Pos 1) 228,391,561,346
Pos 2) 283,415,366,552
Pos 3) 160,268,499,484

how many shots?
timed event? </div></div>

Yes
3 shot max per target
yes its timed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So do the shoots require advance registration? </div></div>

Only if stated that way.... normally no

Breeze: Look for four of us (maybe another)from NW NC for the Intimidator on the 4th. Mark S, Bryan, armorpl8, and I will be coming in to give it a go. Mark and Bryan are well acquainted with TVP but it will be my and Joe's first trip up. See ya then. Steve Roe.

apache308-

I wish I could make this match on the 4th. Shooting with the gents from North Carolina is always a good time. Unfortunately work is getting in the way of fun at the range. Maybe next time.

van

Its always good to see our friends from NC and meet new ones. Unfortunately I will not be shooting Sunday but I might be there long enough to say Hi

Breeze

GPS has been on the web page ever since it was redone... a while and as far as the address if you put something in the mail and want it to get to Tom's mailbox you better use this...15786 TR.118 Kimbolton, Ohio 43749

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apache308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Breeze: Look for four of us (maybe another)from NW NC for the Intimidator on the 4th. Mark S, Bryan, armorpl8, and I will be coming in to give it a go. Mark and Bryan are well acquainted with TVP but it will be my and Joe's first trip up. See ya then. Steve Roe. </div></div>

Going to try it with pistols or rifles? old leghumper from SP

Hey 'Humper. Yeah....contrary to popular belief I do build and shoot rifles now and then. Don't tell the SP guys I am playing hooky from the IHMSA Regionals in order to shoot TVP!

Gonna shoot my 300WM 700 this weekend. In all honesty, I would like to give the short course a go with my 308 XP. Maybe someday.

SR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be safe Mike...
Anyone want to play with your 22's bring'em...I am </div></div>

Huh? .22's? Now we have some pretty serious .22's. There's going to be 3 or 4 of us that are CVRPC 22 TSC regulars and love shooting LR .22's. Will there be any "22 steel" available on the 4th?

Thanks,
SR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooterken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know the round-count for Sunday's shoot?
</div></div>
Counting the bonus target you could spend 51 rounds max. You can also hang out and shoot after the match, so you may want to bring extra.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shiples1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some guys at TVP regularly shoot their 22's accurately out to 300 or 400 yards. Always plinking after the match! </div></div>

copy that... i can hit the 300 fairly well with my ruger, haven't had a chance to try the 400 yet..gonna try next time, a .22 match would definitely be fun...