• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What do you do for work?

Retired after 39 years on the railroad. Don't miss work, just the guys I used to work with. Busy doing all the things I should have done when I was working. Enjoying life and taking naps in the afternoon after doing morning chores around the house. Drinking too much k-cup coffee in the am, and not enough cold beer in the pm

If your good at it there is defiantly a career to be had. The machine is only as good as the operator. Machines aren't stupid just the people using them.

That's what I'm hearing a lot from machinists around here. I have the drive, motivation, and dedication to do it. I am done with "jobs", I want a career and CNC sounds like it will fit me well and will give me both a challenge and a sense of accomplishment both of which I need to keep me from burning out.

For work...sometimes it seems like all I do is break shit. Hydraulic lines, driveshafts, shear pins, chains...yep...I break shit. I can't believe I still have a job after all these years, and keep getting raises too, and they like me. What the hell!?!

I talk to airplanes: biz jets, fighters, air carrier, private pilots it does not matter, I talk to them all. I saw several pilots on this thread, if you get to the Florida/ south Georgia area ask for BP if you talk to Jax Center.

I talk to airplanes: biz jets, fighters, air carrier, private pilots it does not matter, I talk to them all. I saw several pilots on this thread, if you get to the Florida/ south Georgia area ask for BP if you talk to Jax Center.

We go into KSSI (St. Simon Island-Brunswick) about once a month. JAX Center handles arrivals and departures in that area. I'll ask for ya' next time. Small country these days. For what it's worth, we're a DA-50, N398AC.

Hunter.

ts.jpg

Phone guy. I will start my 39th year in August. Worked small systems 10 - 20 phones all the way up to 40,000 ports. I have seen many changes since I began in the old step offices in the air force. For those that are familiar, VOIP is awesome.

Currently working at a large international airport in Texas.