• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Did a little hike with momma today. Suckin wind at 14,000 wasnt bad. We did the hike withsome folks from her office. An organizational cluster and still a ton of fun.

Looking down on Leadville and Tourqouis Lake.
Next is our summit shot. Made those ribs feel good! Didnt let her know it though.....

C6913D7F-871A-4F8F-8094-5B6E6B79C9DB.jpeg
986A3FB3-0940-4077-8424-6869A72CCEE4.jpeg

Did you use a chain saw to rough out the boards?

Nope. Done on the Mill which is nothing really but a big band saw. One of the Alders was so big we had to take the big saw and cut it in half in the field. For the length we wanted the Mill nor the Tractor could handle it. Making beams to cure then cut what we want. Most of these will become 2x6's. I was talking with @Geno C. a bit about this, but the mobile dimensional mill will knock this stuff out easier and faster, but not as clean.

Here's the mobile dimensional

Last edited:
Had a friend cut up some trees for smoker / fire wood that would have been valuable if dimensioned.
Will have to see if any rentals are available.
Thanks never seen a moble set up photo.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
Had a friend cut up some trees for smoker / fire wood that would have been valuable if dimensioned.
Will have to see if any rentals are available.
Thanks never seen a moble set up photo.

You can find used Mobile Dimensional's out there and in short order have it pay for itself. The scraps left over make excellent fire wood/smoker wood depending on species. Win Win. ;)

Throw’n down on the summer quarterly Mo’Fugga?

A0DF7845-393C-4248-8997-67AFBAAD1583.jpeg

That’s right......you ain’t see’n things? That’s a Deere bitches? JX 75, 6 horse Kawasaki commercial motor, commercial deck, 5 speed self propelled scale relevant baddest mofugg’n lawnmower on the planet?

FFAE1B5B-3C47-4D2F-9F76-232272A4D5E8.jpeg

Do cool shit like make your grass look like it has waves in it???

84CB686E-B072-45A2-B507-B54932A4005B.jpeg

View attachment 6924921

Have that same mower, my bride calls it "her dirty green boy".

Wish they still sold them like that!

I think I paid a little over $900 for it when I was doing lawn/pools on the weekend for extra money and can still sell it for that much. Stupidest thing John Deere ever did was to walk away from that design and I will not be selling it? Dirty green boy indeed?

If you look closely, my 765 yard target in view (just left of our Walnut tree) while an Air Tractor starts his turn putting fungicide on corn. I let him finish before I started.

View attachment 6924970

Holy cornfields Batman! (Pun intended) ? Tell my wife all the time that corn is food of the gods. Had it last night with a thick ass NY steak? Beautiful back drop for some steel?

Damn 1J, I feel for ya. Toughest thing planned for this week is dragging a wagon full of Yeti, full of beer across this:
View attachment 6925045

I hope you bought the one with sand wheels.
Otherwise, you'll need a couple of beer breaks dragging that heavy thing.
At least you don't have to pull it over more than 30-40 yards of beach.

What beach is it?

Damn 1J, I feel for ya. Toughest thing planned for this week is dragging a wagon full of Yeti, full of beer across this:
View attachment 6925045

@Sledge1 You Bastard !!!!! You better hook us up and be the creepy guy on the Beach with your camera phone out and snapping some eye candy. C'mon man, DO IT !!
Sounds like you've got a good time coming your way this week. Lucky Dog. Enjoy Brother. You got your marching orders. Carry on smartly. ;)

Hi,

My OCD makes me want to Photoshop that picture so that the lines are straight...O man I think I getting dizzy just looking at picture lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

mine makes me want to adjust the wheel height on one side so it cuts even, but homeboy could have wanted it cut that may, he could be artistic

So I'm bout a mile an a half from my place and just down the road from one of my Sister's place I see State Patrol sitting in a driveway ahead of me. Then I see it. Notorious stretch of road that sucks people into the ditch from hell. When it's icy, when it's raining, when it's bright and shiny, or if you're just drunker than shit, you're in this ditch. I was tell'n couple of our guys here this morning that the Elk and Deer actually cross here all the time, but the lack of a dead animal or animals or skid marks sez Jimmy mighta been tooted. Stater had just stuck a sticker on the wheel and was probably headed over to the owners residence. :oops:

So I'm bout a mile an a half from my place and just down the road from one of my Sister's place I see State Patrol sitting in a driveway ahead of me. Then I see it. Notorious stretch of road that sucks people into the ditch from hell. When it's icy, when it's raining, when it's bright and shiny, or if you're just drunker than shit, you're in this ditch. I was tell'n couple of our guys here this morning that the Elk and Deer actually cross here all the time, but the lack of a dead animal or animals or skid marks sez Jimmy mighta been tooted. Stater had just stuck a sticker on the wheel and was probably headed over to the owners residence. :oops:

You're old enough that my first thought of it being your truck and your kid having turfed it were wrong........But, rewind the clock......could'a been. Anyway, glad no one was hurt. Doesn't sound like it anyway. :cool: I saw some severe car crashes when I was younger. Some were bad enough that no one should have walked away, but they did. Others ? Well not so much. Lost a few friends. The toughest one was a female friend a couple of years ahead of me in high school. She went off the I-90/Mercer Island floating bridge into 240 feet of water @ about 3:00 AM one cold, dark, rainy, Sunday morning in November. Damn shame, that one was. I have no doubt alcohol was involved. I imagine most EMT's/LEO's here have seen much worse than I......

Last edited:
One I still see in my mind is during my Senior year one of my very few classmates and good friend wrecked his truck near the Spring Tavern between Sekiu and Clallam Bay. He was thrown through the windshield and literally cut his throat on the way through and bled to death in the ditch.
RIP Steve.

One I still see in my mind is during my Senior year one of my very few classmates and good friend wrecked his truck near the Spring Tavern between Sekiu and Clallam Bay. He was thrown through the windshield and literally cut his throat on the way through and bled to death in the ditch.
RIP Steve.

Yep......One guy I knew got blasted and went halfway out the rear porthole window of a beat up volkswagen bug that his buddy was driving, when it left the road and tumbled (God knows how many times) down a very large embankment. I heard that he was cut in half.

I hope you bought the one with sand wheels.
Otherwise, you'll need a couple of beer breaks dragging that heavy thing.
At least you don't have to pull it over more than 30-40 yards of beach.

What beach is it?

Panama City.

Lessons learned from past experience. Got the buggy with the all terrain tires.
KIMG0041.JPG

mine makes me want to adjust the wheel height on one side so it cuts even, but homeboy could have wanted it cut that may, he could be artistic

That was my signature cut that allowed me to charge more than my Mexican brothers who control the market down here. Not an efficient way to do it but looks extremely cool on a large eneough yard to do apposing patterns. Terminate the pattern leading to a doorway or walk way to a door. The first one was free to set the hook??? Amazing what people will pay for to be better than their neighbors? Part time job that helped pay for a shortage on a house I couldn’t afford so I could move out of a bad neighborhood and a house where I was robbed. ?

Reactions: Barneybdb
Im home with a sick kid today, GI bug and fevers. Hasnt eaten in 2 days per her mom but eating this AM and watching a lot of cartoons. She did ask if I would make biscuits and gravy later today.?

She likes to pull the lever on the press sizing brass, so we may get some prep work done in a bit if she feels up to it
I got a decapping pin through my thumb once when my son was pulling the lever when he was about 5. Don't regret a minute of it though.

Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
Holy cornfields Batman! (Pun intended) ? Tell my wife all the time that corn is food of the gods. Had it last night with a thick ass NY steak? Beautiful back drop for some steel?

It’s commercial corn, so it’s not good to eat (very starchy), but, the good news is, every last bit of it in this pic will go to beef producers. Several thousand mouths to feed in our close proximity.

It’s commercial corn, so it’s not good to eat (very starchy), but, the good news is, every last bit of it in this pic will go to beef producers. Several thousand mouths to feed in our close proximity.

Dude, all that good looking corn would be like foreplay without the happy ending???? My uncle ran feed yards and from memory they call it silage? Smells like shit but fattens a cow up pretty quick for market?