• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Here’s the front yard looking out from the house, with some included candy. It’s a shame, because as Charlotte has grown, it has taken us in. We live inside the city limits, but still have horses cows and goats. Wish the goats were from Pontiac, but maybe one day. Used to have a 300 yard range at the house, but being in the city has taken care of that. Overall it could be worse.

Dude, that’s a sweet ride! Nothing better than American muscle and no substitute for cubic inch displacement? Balanced and blue printed 350?

Getting old sucks. I feel like I was in a fight and got my ass kicked, but it was just this pergola for the last two days...
DE5A02FC-9E13-4D44-893F-EE31865EB0B9.jpeg

I’ve still got maybe a full day to finish it....

I live just North of Dayton but my daughter is in Covington right up against Hartzell Field where they keep their plane. Hartzell sponsors an air show at their field every year and Sean has a special connection with the family. I know they make custom props for his planes. He is incredible, here's a cell phone video I took at this years party.

Last edited:
Have you looked into the ruger LCRx? When Buzz was looking at pistols this early summer he really like the way it fit his hand and it was stupid light! He's 11 and built like a bean pole
I hadn’t no, but that’s a good idea. Even a Mark II or III without the bull barrel would work too. Or, he could grow for Pete’s sake ?

Dude, that’s a sweet ride! Nothing better than American muscle and no substitute for cubic inch displacement? Balanced and blue printed 350?
Just like the name tag, it’s a 502 cubic inch motor. Big cam, hookers, etc.. runs pretty strong when I can get it out. Black on black cars in the Carolinas in July can be brutally hot. I’m just getting old and soft. Thanks for the compliments.

Looks great Fig! We’re you able to dodge the dreaded treated wood splinters?
I got bit a few times on the sides of my hands. One was big enough to bleed some.

I was out at the lake last weekend and while trimming some trees I must have stepped on a hornet’s nest. I got stung five times before I realized what was happening, and then five more running away. Those week old hornet stings still itch like hell (especially on the back of my knee and ankle), and bother me more than the splinters.

It was the weight that was killin me. I don’t remember everything being so heavy.

My wife also started criticizing before the first post was even up. I drew it all out, she had total design control, ordered all the lumber, and the second I start building she starts complaining and wanting to change things. That said, now that I’m starting to add all the joists (don’t know what you call them on a pergola) she seems very happy with it, which is obviously the only reason anyone builds a pergola...

Send him up here for a couple weeks! He might not be much bigger, but I assure you he'll be stronger ?

That little runt wouldn’t be able to hang. I drag him up to my dads every year for second and third cut hay baling. He try’s hard but there is only so much to get out of 80lbs of boy.

I got bit a few times on the sides of my hands. One was big enough to bleed some.

I was out at the lake last weekend and while trimming some trees I must have stepped on a hornet’s nest. I got stung five times before I realized what was happening, and then five more running away. Those week old hornet stings still itch like hell (especially on the back of my knee and ankle), and bother me more than the splinters.

It was the weight that was killin me. I don’t remember everything being so heavy.

My wife also started criticizing before the first post was even up. I drew it all out, she had total design control, ordered all the lumber, and the second I start building she starts complaining and wanting to change things. That said, now that I’m starting to add all the joists (don’t know what you call them on a pergola) she seems very happy with it, which is obviously the only reason anyone builds a pergola...

Nothing better than a bloody nose from the misses for doing something you didn’t want to do in the first place??? Have the T-shirt and the video for some wood floors I did in the house? She loves them now but holy shit, talk about arm chair quarterback?. Close eneough on the description and ya, shit got heavy. Just from a hand standpoint I’m a pussy now. Used to laugh at people for wearing gloves.......now I wear’m?

Fig, that's a bitch of a job if you're doing it by yourself. Invite us over and we can swim in your pool and give you advice and tell you what a great job you're doing. :ROFLMAO:

We be like

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/XnCDYYVAen3gI" width="471" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

View attachment 6922803Splinters like this should be avoided. Had to have Dr assistance to get this one out. It was in my hand/finger just like the picture. Nothing left to grab so they had to open up my hand a bit to get a hold of it.

Son of a Bitch Geno. That's not a 'splinter'. That's a 'stick'. Wholly Shitzki. How the hell you impale yourself on that?

View attachment 6922803Splinters like this should be avoided. Had to have Dr assistance to get this one out. It was in my hand/finger just like the picture. Nothing left to grab so they had to open up my hand a bit to get a hold of it.

You mean your not supposed to use a lighter, a razor knife and duct tape? Bastards!? Another framer legend debunked?

Sanding an edge without gloves... we tried to cut it out but got a little deeper than I was comfortable with for my weak side trigger finger.

Kidding aside, those blow big time. I hate splinter with a passion? only gone after one that big and that deep with a razor knife cuz it was green board that infects instantly. Invented cuss words on that day???

Reactions: crackerbrown
Dang!!! Splinters that have to be cut out suck.
When my middle niece was 3 she got 2 long ones (2” or so) in her foot from running on an old wooden walkway barefoot. Took 3 adults to hold her so I could cut em out with a scalpel. They werent deep enough to hurt much, she was just scared. She hugged me after and even told me it didnt hurt.
I for one need anesthesia for stuff like that. Im a giant pansy.......?

I took a splinter of OSB into the palm that was about 3/4 x 3/8 x 1/4". It was between the 4th and 5th fingers, near the knuckle where the finger leaves the hand. I kept digging at it for 2 years and I'd get all these little pieces out. Finally, I dug deep enough to get the tweezers on it. Two fucking years.

I keep these on the keychain, best I've ever found.

rul-ft04-1.jpg

Not sure if they would have helped on that fence post but they sure work on the tiny metal/fiberglass buggers.

Do all your fingers have over developed biceps?

Reactions: Barneybdb
In the early am of 7/8/18 severe storms and winds crossed Upper Dakota West to East. My home town got hit really hard, gusts of 90 MPH. Lots of damage and hundreds of trees broken and blown over.

The folks farm is 2.5 miles east of town. Dad said they had lots of tree branches on the ground but no building damage. Whew! The Child bride and I showed up Friday nite, this is typical of about 15 locations across the farm yard.

P7140151.JPG

P7150189.JPG

This last weekend we had a family work clean up day. 3 daughters, 2 boyfriends, 2 cooks, 2 neighbors, 1 super (Dad) and me. Neighbors, who also rent the tillable land, showed up with a big beautiful John Deere MFD complete with loader and grapple and a 2 ton GMC with a huge gravel box.
Chainsaws started a 8 am, by 4:30 PM we were cracking Buds. 5 loads of branches to the landfill. There was some redneck engineering and a couple of almost scary moments, but we got 90% of the mess. 4 of us spent Sunday morning raking up a few bucket loads of sticks and twigs, done done.

The Stihl family
P7150226.JPG

Front to back: 16" 025, 18" MS251, 20" 391. I'd just bought the 391 two weeks ago. Running store bought 94 octane mix with chipper chains. Between the three we went through most of 2 gals of fuel. Helluva a day. Yeah, the 391 bar is upside down, we were in a hurry.

We had some fun too
P7150221.JPG

Daughter #4's boyfriend breaking in his new Savage .22. When my girls drag a young man into my life, I check them out real close. If they are determined to be keepers, they get a Savage .22. On to the grandkids.

Attachments

• P7150226.JPG
    P7150226.JPG
    397.6 KB · Views: 103
  • P7150226.JPG
    P7150226.JPG
    397.6 KB · Views: 114
In the early am of 7/8/18 severe storms and winds crossed Upper Dakota West to East. My home town got hit really hard, gusts of 90 MPH. Lots of damage and hundreds of trees broken and blown over.

The folks farm is 2.5 miles east of town. Dad said they had lots of tree branches on the ground but no building damage. Whew! The Child bride and I showed up Friday nite, this is typical of about 15 locations across the farm yard.

View attachment 6922894

View attachment 6922895

This last weekend we had a family work clean up day. 3 daughters, 2 boyfriends, 2 cooks, 2 neighbors, 1 super (Dad) and me. Neighbors, who also rent the tillable land, showed up with a big beautiful John Deere MFD complete with loader and grapple and a 2 ton GMC with a huge gravel box.
Chainsaws started a 8 am, by 4:30 PM we were cracking Buds. 5 loads of branches to the landfill. There was some redneck engineering and a couple of almost scary moments, but we got 90% of the mess. 4 of us spent Sunday morning raking up a few bucket loads of sticks and twigs, done done.

The Stihl family
View attachment 6922906

Front to back: 16" 025, 18" MS251, 20" 391. I'd just bought the 391 two weeks ago. Running store bought 94 octane mix with chipper chains. Between the three we went through most of 2 gals of fuel. Helluva a day. Yeah, the 391 bar is upside down, we were in a hurry.

We had some fun tooView attachment 6922898
Daughter #4's boyfriend breaking in his new Savage .22. When my girls drag a young man into my life, I check them out real close. If they are determined to be keepers, they get a Savage .22. On to the grandkids.
We had a storm like that last June come through our neighborhood. 15" of rain over 3 days and then 75mph winds. Blew over tons of trees. Wife and I blasted home to clean up overnight since we were still on the road. Everyone in the hood worked together to get it all cleaned up.

Good luck with the daughters, I'm glad I have boys!!