Maggie’s What's Your View II

Was headed here this evening: Hunt's Oyster Bar in Panama City.
View attachment 6925559

Got there and they were only serving oysters and beer, so a no- go for the wife and kids. We then crossed the street to this lovely establishment and had a wonderful dinner. First time here for us and it was very nice.

View attachment 6925571

This was tied up just a stone's throw from our table:
View attachment 6925572

Been a great trip so far.

PS. Sorry, no " creepy guy beach pics"..... Yet.

DO IT !!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: RNWRKNP
Looks sharp dude? To hell with doing shit without a laser anymore?

Ain't that the truth. Always finding a new uses for it. On this job it told me the soffit was out of level before starting, good to know. Makes setting the starter strip a snap rather than a guess and by gosh ordeal.

Even a 8' level has it's limits.

Ain't that the truth. Always finding a new uses for it. On this job it told me the soffit was out of level before starting, good to know. Makes setting the starter strip a snap rather than a guess and by gosh ordeal.

Even a 8' level has it's limits.

Most people wouldn’t know that plumb isn’t always the right move on an existing donkey that leans one way or the other when parallel is key? Difficult to teach someone who can’t see in 3D and the angle changes when you turn the corner with a need to blend it in?? 8’ levels are still good as a straight edge to draw a straight line........????

Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
Most people wouldn’t know that plumb isn’t always the right move on an existing donkey that leans one way or the other when parallel is key? Difficult to teach someone who can’t see in 3D and the angle changes when you turn the corner with a need to blend it in?? 8’ levels are still good as a straight edge to draw a straight line........????

So true. My laser is like the first impact driver,"Why didn't I do this sooner". Have been contemplating a plumb laser for swinging doors, checking existing framing, cutting 8' shims for a shower install in a 100 year old crooked ass house (last month), playing with the neighbors outdoor cat. Still have to do some research, and recover from the work van tranny rebuild. That stung a little.

Any suggestions, $300-500 range?

Who, in their right mind, wants to go shopping while they're on vacation!? The guys and I are not happy!
KIMG0056.JPG

Reactions: tnichols
So true. My laser is like the first impact driver,"Why didn't I do this sooner". Have been contemplating a plumb laser for swinging doors, checking existing framing, cutting 8' shims for a shower install in a 100 year old crooked ass house (last month), playing with the neighbors outdoor cat. Still have to do some research, and recover from the work van tranny rebuild. That stung a little.

Think I spent $130 through Amazon and I use this to keep my subs honest. Works for cross hair alignment on your scope as well? Good for short range applications but might be just what you need. I’ll get you a model number when I get home.

C14D90F5-9579-45DC-B776-11548A8AEA2A.jpeg

This may just be the cats meow for what your chasing. The first pic was on top of a cheap tripod but there’s a lot of ways to skin that cat. 180 degree coverage for vertical and horizontal or just vertical or horizontal. Cheap entertainment for $130 bucks and I have used them for years. This one is fairly new as I had to give it’s twin back to my last employer. Subs hate it cuz you can’t “optical illusion” a laser. Customers appreciate your attention to detail with it and people working for you know better than to try and slide one past you. Comes with its own case and surface mounting arm.

A955DA34-EDE1-4905-8A1D-34EFCBB3B0AF.jpeg
7F13D2CB-C034-4C22-97D5-68CB97CB233C.jpeg

^^^Thanks, I'll check it out. There seems to be a lot of them on the market, but the Bosch name gives it a good push to the top. My Bosch router is excellent.

Thanks again.

^^^Thanks, I'll check it out. There seems to be a lot of them on the market, but the Bosch name gives it a good push to the top. My Bosch router is excellent.

Thanks again.

Brand loyalty is over rated, but I’ve had great luck with my Bosch stuff. Durable, precise, etc... I’m not a contractor, but USE my stuff quite often. My favorite are my small Bosch cordless drills. The first one I bought took a couple of unscheduled free falls from 20 ft+ while doing our barn renovation. Still working great.

Okay, I'm gonna go all "Keyboard Commando" on this one. Getting close to Hunting Season and outta the blue this guy whose related very closely to some serious land owner's in the immediate area sez "wanna see my property". Uhm, yeah. So we take off and go for a cruz into the Boonies and I'll be go to hell. He's in the Honey Bucket. The Boy needs a Well drilled and we just so happen to have the apparatus to fit the bill. :LOL: It's a beautiful piece, but the bonus is it covers a lot of the valley they pass through !! It's on. :ROFLMAO:

Took off from here

Then headed out here

Then over here

Then passed a God Loving 2A Americans piece of property

Then hit the logging road to get a glimpse of the access spot

We get up there to see an amazing view towards Astoria Oregon

And find the "Ditch Witch" stationed out in the middle of fucking nowhere

How crazy is that? It's so on. This Valley is just over the Ridge from my place and now all of a sudden outta the blue ya got full access. I'm good with that. :ROFLMAO: This is "Mecca" . Elk Mecca.

One of the best mechanics I ever worked with was the mechanic for Midway Amusements . I made a good living turning wrenches in dealerships before going career fire. I learned a lot from that guy. He had to make something out of nothing all the time.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
No. The Boss was a big Italian or Greek guy. Good man, he always checked up on uS to see we were OK. I was about 14 and didn't even have working papers. A friend of mine got me the job. About 6 weeks or so travailing around Upstate sleeping in a greasy old trailer. The people were some of the best people I ever knew.

Reactions: Geno C.
No. The Boss was a big Italian or Greek guy. Good man, he always checked up on uS to see we were OK. I was about 14 and didn't even have working papers. A friend of mine got me the job. About 6 weeks or so travailing around Upstate sleeping in a greasy old trailer. The people were some of the best people I ever knew.
The sleeping situation has definitely changed over the years.

Reactions: canman
The rain makes them smell like wet, stinky dogs. In the summer, the smell changes to butt crack and hairy, unwashed armpits......(n)

Singing to the Choir. I hate the nasty bastards and they look like a damn human hanging skinned. But, they do make good sausage, pepperoni, and canned meat sammiches. And they're fun to shoot. :LOL:

I'm just gonna drop this in here real quick, then I gotta get some stuff done. All I can say is careful what ya wish for around here. :ROFLMAO:

Anyone wanna own this? Hmmm? :LOL:

"Apparently" there's a new project on the horizon. For some reason the Mrs. doesn't believe me when I answered "But I didn't order anything Honey". :eek:

3 Bags of 220 Swift Brass, 3 Boxes of 55 gr pills, Set of Lyman Dies, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-6 pounds of fricking Crayons!!!
Now be a Man and step up and own it and say "Ya, I did that, deal with it". lmfao :ROFLMAO: Really gotta be careful of the conversations ya get into around here. (y)

Thank you my friend !!! I can't wait to get this going.......

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/9NLYiOUxnKAJLIycEv" width="480" height="396" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

The crayons might get some use. LOL

It’s what he does with the crayons that worries me? knowing 1J, he’ll chase down a bear cuz he couldn’t shoot him due to the dry weather,shave his ass, color in the face of Hillary and take a pic that winds up here labeled bear ass Hillary?????

It’s what he does with the crayons that worries me? knowing 1J, he’ll chase down a bear cuz he couldn’t shoot him due to the dry weather,shave his ass, color in the face of Hillary and take a pic that winds up here labeled bear ass Hillary?????

As long as he doesn't chew them. I'd feel sorry for whoever had to clean up from his waxy rainbow Skittles droppings.