Maggie’s What's Your View II

A while back, I was at work and my wife called me while she was shopping at Home Depot. They had some cabinets on clearance and she thought they might work in the reloading room. Think about that... The wife calls to encourage me to buy something for the reloading room. Ain't she a keeper?

So after work, we go back and they are still there, so I picked up two wall cabinets, about 5' wide, 2' tall, 1' deep. Perfect. I plan to store brass and bullets in them, so I decided to make some angle brackets to add support. So I was out in the garage, sawing, gluing, routing, etc., when USPS drops off a box full of Warner Flatlines. It was like a reloading party in the garage.

View attachment 6928024

View attachment 6928026
View attachment 6928027

View attachment 6928025

View attachment 6928028

Some clowns just refuse to stay in line.

View attachment 6928029

That would never even cross my wife’s mind.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
Not to brag on mine, but I was sitting there on line ordering magazines one day, feeling guilty, and she said the most amazing thing to me:

"Honey, they're wear items. Don't worry, I get it."

Last couple of times we went to the hardware store to get gardening gear for the wife she must have noticed me looking at a 10 inch compound mitre saw and stand, last weekend she came home and asked me to get it out of the back of the wagon. 40 years together this month, guess she is a keeper.

Obviously, I need to retrain my wife. After 25 years though, I think I'm SOL.
Actually, I have a pretty darn good wife. She hasn't said a word about the JHR I have on order, other than why is it taking so long.

IMG_1907.JPG
IMG_1906.JPG
This is what happens when you smart off to the boss around here. ?

Last couple of times we went to the hardware store to get gardening gear for the wife she must have noticed me looking at a 10 inch compound mitre saw and stand, last weekend she came home and asked me to get it out of the back of the wagon. 40 years together this month, guess she is a keeper.

The Child Bride went to the pharmacy to get some meds, and came home with this

P7300248.JPG

Not only did she buy it for me, she let me hang it.

She knows me to well.

Yeah, I stopped buying tools.........once you get a new one, you have to "10 inch compound mitre saw" things, which looks suspiciously like work. ;)

Could be, maybe she wants me to finish the kitchen renovations but it is going to get some good use on a project for me first......

Atta boy! that's the way to make it work for you !

When I was in high school, my mom bought me a Makita 10" mitre saw in exchange for me rebuilding her deck. I still have it. That gawddamm thing just refuses to die.

It is gonna be an awesome weekend. (y)

Got off at 1000 yesterday. Ran home, changed out, and then behind the gate into my old stomping grounds to find a Bear. Covered some amazing ground, found a ton of Berries, plenty of Deer, Elk, and Bear sign, and spotted a herd of Elk around 1330 at around 2200 ft elevation @ 982 yds. Beautiful 5x5 still in velvet at the back of the herd as they came outta a hell hole onto a ridge then side hilled into a patch of timber. Couldn't get a through the glass pic dammit. I met a couple buddies up there and on the way out they were in front of me at around 1800. Their rig locked up and my best friend jumps outta the rig and I know he's spotted a Bear so I bail out, run to my passenger side and grab the gun and stuff 2 rds in it while looking up this hillside and reprod patch. Sure enough there he is. Bout 300-350 lb Bear at 150 yds hauling ass up n over a ridge. Just got him in the scope before he made it over and outta sight. To iffy of a shot. Not a fan of walking down wounded Bears for some reason. I've crawled after Bear with iffy rifle and bow hits on them through berry bushes like crawling through culvert with stickers. That'll pucker your ass. Never tagged out on Bear on the first day. Damn near happened. Damn near. That fucker has no idea how lucky he is.

Here's some pics of the adventure. Then I gotta make a sammy and get back out there. :p

Heading up from sea level to around 2400 ft. Was a little soupy in spots from time to tome.

You shoot something in a hole up here, even a chipmunk, you got your work cut out for ya. Gods country. And one good slip? You'll meet your God in short order. :eek::D

Found a bunch of wild Raspberries and pigged out on them by the handfuls. Love'm, and so do Bear. :LOL:

Always a good sign..........

Mt Ranier (iPad doesn’t do it justice)

View attachment 6928607Do it justice)

I flew the Intex-B project out of Lynnwwod, WA. We mapped Rainier, Baker, St. Helens, etc., at about 300-500' off the deck. We were so close to climbers on Rainier, it was easy to see them flipping us off. Eat my dust, bitches!

This has been another expensive, rainy week, here at Chez Veer North in the Southeastern Pennsylvania Tropical Highlands. Fortunately, it's the last one that I'm laid up for. A month ago my podiatrist asked me what my plans were for the next month to month-and-a-half, because I wasn't going to be walking very much at all. So, we're fixing plumbing and stuffing a second living room that the old place didn't have. Joy, joy, and my pet projects get shoved by the wayside. Oh, yeah, and Volvo baby needed $1K plus for new shoes and a new windshield, too. Where does it end?

131626.jpg
131627.jpg

131628.jpg
131629.jpg

131631.jpg
131632.jpg

Reactions: 1J04
This has been another expensive, rainy week, here at Chez Veer North in the Southeastern Pennsylvania Tropical Highlands. Fortunately, it's the last one that I'm laid up for. A month ago my podiatrist asked me what my plans were for the next month to month-and-a-half, because I wasn't going to be walking very much at all. So, we're fixing plumbing and stuffing a second living room that the old place didn't have. Joy, joy, and my pet projects get shoved by the wayside. Oh, yeah, and Volvo baby needed $1K plus for new shoes and a new windshield, too. Where does it end?

131626.jpg
131627.jpg

131628.jpg
131629.jpg

131631.jpg
131632.jpg
The foot has the exact same texture as the wall in the plumbing pic. Coincidence? I think not.

The foot has the exact same texture as the wall in the plumbing pic. Coincidence? I think not.

I learned long ago that putting my foot into shit was a proposition best suited to needful individuals on specific occasions. Recalcitrant laundry tub pumps do not qualify, nor do they attitude adjust upon application of size 12 coercive force.

While not as cool as @1J04 we met up with some friends at the WI state fair yesterday. Kinda nice to see some carnie friends when I'm not working. There was a republican booth in the expo building, my wife said I had to get this shirt. The state fair is in Milwaukee, I had to wear it while we walked around ? View attachment 6928867

Dude that’s awesome? Every time I’m in snotsdale (Scottsdale) I’m wearing something similar. Exhibit A:

63FA047E-B3C5-4BAB-8CE8-78493A71CA25.jpeg

So a friend of mine with a smaller carnival calls me up this morning with a little panic in his voice... he's about 45 mins south of me and his tilt a whirl main drive shaft broke and there are no welders or machine shops open anywhere around on a Saturday. While the little Hobart is far from the right tool for the job, I should be able to help get him through the busiest day of his season.
IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG

While 1J is out in the woods looking for bears this is his backyard??

weekend-morning-awesomeness-38-photos-12-20.jpg
Shit that was me this morning. Went out looking for a bear and seen a grouse, rabbit and 6 deer. Nice morning for a drive though.

Attachments

• 8B4A876F-993E-4ABF-B37B-969C64C4143E.jpeg
    8B4A876F-993E-4ABF-B37B-969C64C4143E.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 5FAB20F8-3EE2-46D3-A488-722CA79C6857.jpeg
    5FAB20F8-3EE2-46D3-A488-722CA79C6857.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 66
  • DF4AB3A2-AA1C-4E19-A37B-7AE98A14064C.jpeg
    DF4AB3A2-AA1C-4E19-A37B-7AE98A14064C.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 55
It is gonna be an awesome weekend. (y)

Got off at 1000 yesterday. Ran home, changed out, and then behind the gate into my old stomping grounds to find a Bear. Covered some amazing ground, found a ton of Berries, plenty of Deer, Elk, and Bear sign, and spotted a herd of Elk around 1330 at around 2200 ft elevation @ 982 yds. Beautiful 5x5 still in velvet at the back of the herd as they came outta a hell hole onto a ridge then side hilled into a patch of timber. Couldn't get a through the glass pic dammit. I met a couple buddies up there and on the way out they were in front of me at around 1800. Their rig locked up and my best friend jumps outta the rig and I know he's spotted a Bear so I bail out, run to my passenger side and grab the gun and stuff 2 rds in it while looking up this hillside and reprod patch. Sure enough there he is. Bout 300-350 lb Bear at 150 yds hauling ass up n over a ridge. Just got him in the scope before he made it over and outta sight. To iffy of a shot. Not a fan of walking down wounded Bears for some reason. I've crawled after Bear with iffy rifle and bow hits on them through berry bushes like crawling through culvert with stickers. That'll pucker your ass. Never tagged out on Bear on the first day. Damn near happened. Damn near. That fucker has no idea how lucky he is.

Here's some pics of the adventure. Then I gotta make a sammy and get back out there. :p

Heading up from sea level to around 2400 ft. Was a little soupy in spots from time to tome.

You shoot something in a hole up here, even a chipmunk, you got your work cut out for ya. Gods country. And one good slip? You'll meet your God in short order. :eek::D

Found a bunch of wild Raspberries and pigged out on them by the handfuls. Love'm, and so do Bear. :LOL:

Always a good sign..........

Yep, PNW alright.....
You doin’ any good ? Did the rain help ? (Seems to have) :cool:

Reactions: 1J04