• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Good Ole Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. It was a fargging Hoot to live aboard the Hugh J Gaffey when I was in Dry Dock up there on the Constellation. Very cool Troop Transport Ship. There used to be a pretty cool Tavern bout a 2 blocks outside the gate called the Red Rooster. It's where we'd have the Bremelo Contests. We really sunk to new levels........

Here's the Gaffey. We went in right after the Shitty Kitty CV63. The Connie CV64 went in late 82ish or actually in 83 if I remember right. Anywho, it was a pretty neat place for a year because I could take the Ferry to Seattle and see some High School friends, and/or drive to my hometown Sekiu/Clallam Bay on the weekends. Good tour.

1581871824673.png

Good Ole Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. It was a fargging Hoot to live aboard the Hugh J Gaffey when I was in Dry Dock up there on the Constellation. Very cool Troop Transport Ship. There used to be a pretty cool Tavern bout a 2 blocks outside the gate called the Red Rooster. It's where we'd have the Bremelo Contests. We really sunk to new levels........

Here's the Gaffey. We went in right after the Shitty Kitty CV63. The Connie CV64 went in late 82ish or actually in 83 if I remember right. Anywho, it was a pretty neat place for a year because I could take the Ferry to Seattle and see some High School friends, and/or drive to my hometown Sekiu/Clallam Bay on the weekends. Good tour.

View attachment 7250871
That’s pretty dang neat.
Honestly this is the first time I have been to Bremerton, not what I had expected. Expected it to be more like Seattle, but is not. Kinda a cool town. We had a wedding last night we went to, now taking our time headed home.

Another stop at the pub for a burger and beer, then see if the little one sleeps on the way home.

I got the new hi flow fuel fittings installed, the fuel cross over with higher pressure spring, the banjo bolts have been enlarged, the oil cross over, the new turbo pedestal and the hi flow turbo outlet.
I spent several hours getting the rear turbo clamp off. Probably just as long getting it back on. What a bitch that is.
IMG_20200216_181655.jpg

Just a few more tasks to get done on this beast. I still need to shim the injectors, reroute the ccv tube and clean the exhaust sensor tube.

If there are any newly wed shooters out there.

Some advise.

First time she asks for help doing laundry smile and say ok.

When she leaves make sure you wreck it and have to replace some of her favorites.

Only laundry I've done in 34 years, not a world record but I'm working on it.
I married a Redhead with a streak of French Canadian running through her. I never had the huevos to fuck up any of her stuff. All it ever took was me turfing one or two of my things, to start the laundry lecture. Jeez, the way she acted, youd’a thunk I did it on purpose. :unsure: :whistle:
However, she knows well enough to stay away from my dress shirts and the ironing board.....I take care of those.

I hate dodge! The bad part is Fiat owns dodge and case. Fucking Italians. It is a global company, the engine is stamped made in china.
As do I. It was a starter truck for him (cheap) and I got tired of it blowing cool air when it’s 8 below zero. Local Dodge dealer wanted $1200 for the heater core replacement alone.

I would do it too. $1200, damn! What is their shop rate?
It’s probably 100-105 an hour, identifix quotes 10.5 hours for r and r for heater core and blower motor.
I had an 06 that was not blowing out of the vents very well and motor was making noise. Said fuck that and traded it in lol. Now I’m looking at get a 14 dodge 2500. They are easier to deal with.

The 7.3 is back together. I started it and let it warm up and then shut it down. I will test drive it tomorrow.
View attachment 7253369
I hope it was worth the it. I now know why they take the cab off these things to work on them.
I’m sure you will notice a difference. Engine should be happier.
Those 7.3 are not that bad compared to the newer 6.7. I have done turbos on them with the cabs on. Not a fun job. Next one we will pull the cab.

A friend works on trucks for a living.
He told me first step is to yank the cab off for nearly anything.

Evidently that is SOP these days with all the discontents?

To me it was wierd walking into a shop and seeing 4-5 different truck cabs hanging all over the place.

Last edited:
Well fuck.

No view to talk about. Just a terrible, rotten, shitty day, one of the worst I have had. Top 5 rotten fuckers for sure.

And I have had a few doozies with losing a kids and babies. Never ever forget their little faces.

Thanks fellas, for giving me something to read I give a fuck about, and letting me hang it out a bit.

Fuck.