• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s What's Your View II

A1312E03-F4C9-4C35-BED0-7D46ECF90424.jpeg

After a measly 352 days, my stamp was finally approved.

(Insert degrading comment about the ATF here)

But, my TBAC takedown can has finally arrived!

Going to be only a high of single digits tomorrow but I may have to crack open the deck door and thwap a few targets.

View attachment 7787895
nice! I recently bought a TBAC TD specifically for shooting in my back yard. I shoot now, occasionally, but I wonder if my neighbors can hear. I don't really care, but I wonder... After I get the TD, I know they won't 😂

Reactions: PinesAndProjectiles
Don’t let it fool you, it does nothing to keep your fillings in your teef!! The only gun besides my Barrett 99 I shoot double plugged
Yep, plugs and muffs were a must with that damn thing. I finally re-barelled it to a 10.5" with a decent brake, and more importantly, a can.

It did make nice fireballs though. At close range, I suppose you could shoot the intruder, blind them, deafen them, and set them on fire all with one shot. :LOL:

6K0xkAN.png

After a measly 352 days, my stamp was finally approved.

(Insert degrading comment about the ATF here)

But, my TBAC takedown can has finally arrived!

Going to be only a high of single digits tomorrow but I may have to crack open the deck door and thwap a few targets.

View attachment 7787895
I sent in paperwork for an SBR in August and got the stamp back last week, I was shocked because I had been reading that it was taking almost 9 months to get the stamp in hand. Guess I was lucky... Sadly, no cans here in MA.

Old guy exercise walk this afternoon to paint steel was “fresh”. We made it above zero by 1400. Wind chill was around -15 give or take. Finally broke out the insulated coveralls and jacket. Supposed to be -20 degrees actual temp tonight. My phone died at about the 1 mile mark. Anyway, I couldn’t help but notice “something” has been using my trail. Based on the fresh track size, probably a young/small female...
218DECD0-9621-4BAA-B85E-B5F9E1107531.jpeg

Reactions: roostercogburn98
120F1655-4E41-4E3B-8F9B-4D06EA9DAB34.jpeg
I gave him to his great grandmother and lights out.

Different subject. Our shop bitch at work 17 year boy who has a lot to learn in life. Ran his mouth to me when I was under a tractor. He asked if he could use my tools. I told him no , he forgot to put one back earlier this week. So he says he should kick my old grumpy ass. I slide out from under the tractor stand up look him in the face and said move. He was between me and my box. I think he pissed himself. I get back to work. I told him he might have a chance to kick my ass if it was just messing around in the shop... I then said you need to remember never mess with the old man in the shops kids. I’d hate to have to brake every bone in his worthless body. I told him he needs to learn what is worth fighting over and to shut his mouth and learn. I wish I could have recorded it. He went from puffed up and cocky to nothing in a second. I still hold out hope this boy will learn to be a man .

Never tried a pair, but should. Our snow is typically wind driven, then gets set by the cold, think concrete. So, 98% of the time you stay on top. In @Nodakplowboy neck of the woods, it’ll set so hard that stock can walk over the top of fences.

Even still that concrete shit is slippery. The crampons on snows shoes will keep you from falling.

And.....

Less chance of ripping a muscle if you do post Hole and over exert trying to stop sinking.

Even still that concrete shit is slippery. The crampons on snows shoes will keep you from falling.

And.....

Less chance of ripping a muscle if you do post Hole and over exert trying to
My shoes, bearpaws, are 10x36. They are a compromise shoe, don't do anything perfectly but most things well. Kind of like 4895. Fully outdoor dressed weight is +/- 195. When traveling through soft snow, such as between tall corn stalks, floatation is not the best. However, the short length and lack of a tailpiece makes turning much easier. On the hard snow one can almost jog (I don't).
Many years ago I had the opportunity to try a pair of Alaskan style shoes, long and narrow. Fast on the flat, slow on the turn. Someday might get a set, just because.
Up here the snow does get like concrete, it’s just not consistent across all conditions. The north side of a treeline could be rock hard. Cross the trees to the south 200', might be 2" of crust over 3' of powder.
Snow got a lot harder after last night..
20220203_082221.jpg

Good day to size brass and read a good book.