• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Don't feel bad my paint froze :oops:
i-LWRWF5c-M.jpg

Last edited:
This day last year started the great Texas four inch blizzard that crippled the state. Lol

This year we had a 3 day cold front with a little ice and snow that slicked up the streets and brought down some power lines with the broken tree limbs.

A few localized power outages.

Governor Abbott got rid of some of the folks that were in charge last year and the rest seem to have taken the hint.

Reactions: tnichols
I've been threatening to get a couple of mini goats for years now (also been threatened with "consequences" if I do... :oops: ) One of these years now...
Consequences………pfffffffff. I run my house hahahahhahahahahah

Edit: that’s why I have horses and not goats, cause I don’t run shite

^^^^ Glaucoma?
All tests have came back negative in the past. The dye test kinda left the vet unsure a few years ago. We switched her diet thinking maybe fatty deposits in her eyes, but they have given her problems for a while. We generally got away with some medicine drops when they would get irritated.

Yesterday she came running in the house and bumped into something and went beserk. The pressure was just built up and she got it just right. Boston’s are prone to eye issues, so we kinda expected something sooner or later. She had surgery last night and was sleeping it off this morning. Something tells me she won’t miss a beat once she learns to adjust for one eye.

Update for the poopie. Eyeball removed with no complications, most of the surgical swelling is gone. She is more than comfortable with her meds. So far it has not severely impacted her daily routines. She can still walk around, jump up on couch, and navigate the deck stairs to get into the yard. Sutures come out in about 2 weeks.
B75EE6CA-3630-478F-87E1-195116CE96CD.jpeg

I was released from weight restriction jail this week, time to get some rounds down this Ruger .223. The wind finally was less than 10 and the temp above 20 this late afternoon.
20220226_180325.jpg

This thing wants to shoot, thinking someday down the road a better trigger and optics will really make it shine. All I'm asking for is M.O. Yote, anything more will be frosting.
1st of March next week, the days are growing longer.

Last week we had average daytime highs of -4 and below. Could walk on top of the concrete snow and leave less than a faint footprint. This week the weather has warmed up and the snow has lost it's rock hard texture.
20220303_152000.jpg

Can't really complain, soft snow is a early indication of spring. Pretty soon the only place to shoot will be off gravel roads at dirt clumps and the stray rock.

Rocks are still unprotected, no license required. Not sure if shooting a rock releases greenhouse gases like cow poop, although shooting sun dried cow poop can be entertaining.

Good Grief, I'm talking about cow poop. I need spring, green grass, gophers, outside jobs, long days.

And fresh cow poop.

Last week we had average daytime highs of -4 and below. Could walk on top of the concrete snow and leave less than a faint footprint. This week the weather has warmed up and the snow has lost it's rock hard texture.
View attachment 7820023
Can't really complain, soft snow is a early indication of spring. Pretty soon the only place to shoot will be off gravel roads at dirt clumps and the stray rock.

Rocks are still unprotected, no license required. Not sure if shooting a rock releases greenhouse gases like cow poop, although shooting sun dried cow poop can be entertaining.

Good Grief, I'm talking about cow poop. I need spring, green grass, gophers, outside jobs, long days.

And fresh cow poop.
And a proper tacticool moving blanket 👍🏻.