Maggie’s What's Your View II

My good friend LW has decided it's time to thin the herd, and he gave me first chance to own this gem.
20240728_105037.jpg

Browning X Bolt in .223 with a Leo 3x9. I've always lusted after this shooter, not only because it's gorgeous, it is a tackdriver. Many gophers have been splattered with this beauty. There's plenty of good working .22's in the barn, this shall remain a queen.
Both Pretty Lady and I tested hot for covid this last week, she a few days later than myself. The fatigue is the worst symptom, and that's starting to go away.

Social distancing at the range is good medicine.

Big Sassafras (26in) in a regen unit… All pulpwood.
View attachment 8471400

Loved eating the new growth on Sassafras when playing in the woods. The last two or three inches, no leaves, was sweet with a little squish crunch to it. That's been a few years ago.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Reactions: TurdFerguson
The bottom of the passenger seat in my wife’s car… FML.

i-mSBwP8J-X4.jpg

We drove into town with some friends tonight for dinner, and she decided to put some lotion on her hands, so she took off her rings… Yep.

One of them fell straight down into the tiny little gap on the side of the thigh support extension, and then when she reached to grab the ring, it fell down through an even tinier gap under the leather panel between the seat cushion and the thigh support extension. Wasn’t planning on a car project tonight, but here we are.

I was in the process of disassembling the rails and motor mechanisms to get to the seat pan, when I heard a little “tink, tink, tink” noise, and saw the sparkle from her ring when I shined the shop light into a little opening on the bottom of the seat. A lot of ass pain for such a simple ending.

Only cost us my patience, and three of the four plastic seat rail trim covers over the seat bolts…they have to be removed to access the seat bolts, and are a royal pain in the ass to remove without breaking.

I need a drink.

i-mSBwP8J-X4.jpg

We drove into town with some friends tonight for dinner, and she decided to put some lotion on her hands, so she took off her rings… Yep.

One of them fell straight down into the tiny little gap on the side of the thigh support extension, and then when she reached to grab the ring, it fell down through an even tinier gap under the leather panel between the seat cushion and the thigh support extension. Wasn’t planning on a car project tonight, but here we are.

I was in the process of disassembling the rails and motor mechanisms to get to the seat pan, when I heard a little “tink, tink, tink” noise, and saw the sparkle from her ring when I shined the shop light into a little opening on the bottom of the seat. A lot of ass pain for such a simple ending.

Only cost us my patience, and three of the four plastic seat rail trim covers over the seat bolts…they have to be removed to access the seat bolts, and are a royal pain in the ass to remove without breaking.

I need a drink.
I hear you, at least you didn’t hear the sound of arcing as you tried to recover the ring! I’m considering a silicon ring for multiple reasons, including welding. This is after having to cut a couple off due to events.

Reactions: 91Eunozs

i-mSBwP8J-X4.jpg

I need a drink.
The complicated underside of seats makes it nearly impossible to mount a holster on the underside. Have one in my '12 Tacoma. Previously had one in early 2000's civic and Mazda 3. Reachable under the drivers seat in the front.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
The complicated underside of seats makes it nearly impossible to mount a holster on the underside. Have one in my '12 Tacoma. Previously had one in early 2000's civic and Mazda 3. Reachable under the drivers seat in the front.
Yeah, have a gun safe in the center console of my truck, but I usually just appendix carry a little snub-nose .38 when I know I’m gonna drive her car. If travelling any distance in her car, I’ll throw something more capable in the arm rest.

Reactions: LeftyJason
I hear you, at least you didn’t hear the sound of arcing as you tried to recover the ring! I’m considering a silicon ring for multiple reasons, including welding. This is after having to cut a couple off due to events.
Yeah I stopped wearing all rings and watches like 40+ yrs ago due to my profession as a knuckle-dragging mechanic. Direct shorts have a tendency to get hot rather quickly, and watches catch all the slag BBs when using a torch overhead for exhaust work.

Reactions: Modoc
View this morning… Had to hit a rest stop 1/2 way to dropping off our daughter at college; moved her into her 1st apartment today! 😱

i-cCxtT6j-X4.jpg

I’m such a rebel parking under that sign…. 😆

My view now… Beat…

IMG_4248.jpeg

650 mile round trip.

Wife and daughter left at 04:30, I got to sleep in and didn’t roll out until 06:30 pulling the trailer, so they could complete the move in paperwork, and start setting things up with the stuff they brought in their cars before I got there with the heavy stuff. Furnished student apartment, so I only brought her own mattress (yes, she’s a princess!), and some small end tables and such, plus a couple big area rugs.

Unloaded, and had a beer, then turned around and left…dropped off the trailer on that end. Truck felt like a hotrod on the way home, LoL.

Range 4 on the 1000yd line Sunday morning was a little foggy. This picture was taken just after 9am, you can sorta barely (maybe) see the porta-potty on the 600yd line. Fog finally lifted between 9:30 and 10 and we got a good day of shooting in!
View attachment 8483913
Range 4 is the best kept secret in Northern Virginia.

IMG_0465.jpeg

I dont have any 1000 yd ranges here in south florida but we do have wild life!

Got great seats to see some old friends from way back. Still together and still rocking the place.

This is from the sound check, my brother and I had the VIP passes to meet the band before the show.

Vanilla Fudge. Way underrated.

Led Zepplin open for them in the early days. Vinny Martel the guitarist is fantastic, and Mark Stein has a voice that is unbelievable. Carmin Appice the drummer is a very busy man, His other bands are also rocking all over. Cactus and Black Country Communion.
IMG_6038.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5789 (1).JPG
    IMG_5789 (1).JPG
    230 KB · Views: 15
I dont have any 1000 yd ranges here in south florida but we do have wild life!

Got great seats to see some old friends from way back. Still together and still rocking the place.

This is from the sound check, my brother and I had the VIP passes to meet the band before the show.

Vanilla Fudge. Way underrated.

Led Zepplin open for them in the early days. Vinny Martel the guitarist is fantastic, and Mark Stein has a voice that is unbelievable. Carmin Appice the drummer is a very busy man, His other bands are also rocking all over. Cactus and Black Country Communion.
View attachment 8484873
Carmin is my favorite drummer of all time. :cool:

Kinda hard to get good pix but you get the point….

1VSx3U.jpg

nkykZb.jpg

Crazy that the two support lines run 11-12’ to the shed…

…….and who is responsible for this…

qSiZxI.jpg

Google-fu suggests it’s a Spotted Orb Weaver

Orb Weavers are amazing. I was out riding my mountain bike at night and found that one had built a web that spanned a road. The trees on each side of the road were at least 20 feet apart.

Also had one on my back porch that would build a 6 foot web every night and in the morning it would roll the web up.