• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

William Buck Memorial Postal Matches

Today started with an interesting morning, cool and calm. Somewhere around bull 8, my front rest set handle seized up. I disassembled it and retapped the 3/8" NC set handle hole on the coarse elevating adjustment. Tried to shoot again but the wind had com up plus the 3/4" elevating screw stopped working. Disassembled it again and noticed the 3/4" NC threads on the elevating rod were all boogered up. Alas, I don't own a 3/4" NC die but Amazon should have one here tomorrow. Anyway, switched to my older Bald Eagle rest and continued to shoot the target but the winds were gusting over 15MPH causing me spend more time trying to find a time in between gusts than shooting.

I'm somewhat exasperated with this rest and thinking of upgrading. I think I'd like something on the order of the SINCLAIR BENCHREST COMPETITION SHOOTING REST but they're out of stock and cost too much regardless. Anyone have a recommendation. I own Caldwell Rock BR rest as well as a couple of models of the Bald Eagle rests but was looking for something a bit better for 22 completion. My PQP Lite one piece rest won't really work with my Martini action 22's.

Match-Grade Match
195/04X - Martini- BSA International Mark III/SK Flat Nose Match on 09/27/23

QaLhp8D.jpg

Reactions: BowChamp
Today started with an interesting morning, cool and calm. Somewhere around bull 8, my front rest set handle seized up. I disassembled it and retapped the 3/8" NC set handle hole on the coarse elevating adjustment. Tried to shoot again but the wind had com up plus the 3/4" elevating screw stopped working. Disassembled it again and noticed the 3/4" NC threads on the elevating rod were all boogered up. Alas, I don't own a 3/4" NC die but Amazon should have one here tomorrow. Anyway, switched to my older Bald Eagle rest and continued to shoot the target but the winds were gusting over 15MPH causing me spend more time trying to find a time in between gusts than shooting.

I'm somewhat exasperated with this rest and thinking of upgrading. I think I'd like something on the order of the SINCLAIR BENCHREST COMPETITION SHOOTING REST but they're out of stock and cost too much regardless. Anyone have a recommendation. I own Caldwell Rock BR rest as well as a couple of models of the Bald Eagle rests but was looking for something a bit better for 22 completion. My PQP Lite one piece rest won't really work with my Martini action 22's.

Match-Grade Match

QaLhp8D.jpg
Randy, I've had the PQP lite and the Caldwell, but the best rest I have seen is the Sinclair (if you need a two-piece rest). It's a bit pricey, as you mentioned. Another option might be a change of pace for you. If you check the PQP website, they have the Holeshot Arms rear rest with windage and elevation that might work for you (in left and right configurations)

If you use it in conjunction with a front Caldwell tack driver bag, that might do the trick, and certainly does not cost nearly as much as the Sinclair.

Here's another option for the front...

Food for thought...

Larry

Last edited:

Match-Grade Match

QaLhp8D.jpg
Randy, I have your score posted.

Larry

Ok finally got out today for a little bit today to practice offhand shooting for a PRS event this weekend. I also got to shoot the Vudoo a bit too, but it was a tricky wind and still struggling with big spreads in velocity in the Vudoo. Oddly, even with a 44 fps spread - I was able to snag an aggregate average of .XXX" in the Vudoo 360. The low spread ammo just doesn't group as well at 50 anyway.

Shot: Sept 27 / 2023
Gun: Vudoo 360
50 yards
Ammo: SK Std Plus
6X5 Average .221"
Best group .125"

111.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawhit
Ok finally got out today for a little bit today to practice offhand shooting for a PRS event this weekend. I also got to shoot the Vudoo a bit too, but it was a tricky wind and still struggling with big spreads in velocity in the Vudoo. Oddly, even with a 44 fps spread - I was able to snag an aggregate average of .XXX" in the Vudoo 360. The low spread ammo just doesn't group as well at 50 anyway.

50 yards
6X5 Average .221"
Best group .125"

View attachment 8236903
PQ, I posted your improved group ave. score, but your best group is not better than you're prior entry with the Vudoo. Good shooting!

Larry

Reactions: Precision Quest
Randy, I've had the PQP lite and the Caldwell, but the best rest I have seen is the Sinclair (if you need a two-piece rest). It's a bit pricey, as you mentioned. Another option might be a change of pace for you. If you check the PQP website, they have the Holeshot Arms rear rest with windage and elevation that might work for you (in left and right configurations)

If you use it in conjunction with a front Caldwell tack driver bag, that might do the trick, and certainly does not cost nearly as much as the Sinclair.

Here's another option for the front...

Food for thought...

Larry
Larry,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have shot quite a lot with the ABRA rear mechanical rest which is similar to the Holeshot rear rest and I don't dislike it at all. I do enjoy my PQP Lite but there isn't enough elevation for the large finger level from my BSA Internationals and M1215 to coexist well. The other issue with the PQP Lite and Rear Mechanical Rest is the imperfect fit of the buttstocks the "V" groove in the delrin support. Wish PQP would offer options.

I modified one of my Caldwell rock BR rests to take Edgewood custom bag https://edgebag.com/collections/front-bags/products/the-edge-front-bag and while it looks hideous it works very well for my CZ457 Varmint. Caldwell BR is certainly not a competition ready rest but if they ever go on sale again for $100 shipped I might buy another one to modify. Given that my birthday is in December, perhaps Santa might we persuaded to gift me with a real solid rest (provided they go back in stock at Sinclair. For the time being, I'll probably shoot my Martini Internationals on my Bald Eagle Front Rest (bought on clearance) which I've modified to remove some but not all of the slop out of the windage adjustment. https://www.grizzly.com/products/bald-eagle-rest-slingshot-aluminum/be1005
Still don't love it but it's usable

Randy

Shot my Mark II International on my backup front rest, a Bald Eagle Windage Triangle rest. One session was enough to remember why I stopped using it - too much slop between the post and set. Regardless, I'll probably try something different next month. Had that talk with Santa Claus last night about a new Sinclair Competition rest for Christmas+birthday and it didn't get much past the cost stage.

Match-Grade Match
181/05X - Martini- BSA International Mark II/Eley Match on 09/28/23

HNB9Nsi.jpg

Larry,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have shot quite a lot with the ABRA rear mechanical rest which is similar to the Holeshot rear rest and I don't dislike it at all. I do enjoy my PQP Lite but there isn't enough elevation for the large finger level from my BSA Internationals and M1215 to coexist well. The other issue with the PQP Lite and Rear Mechanical Rest is the imperfect fit of the buttstocks the "V" groove in the delrin support. Wish PQP would offer options.

I modified one of my Caldwell rock BR rests to take Edgewood custom bag https://edgebag.com/collections/front-bags/products/the-edge-front-bag and while it looks hideous it works very well for my CZ457 Varmint. Caldwell BR is certainly not a competition ready rest but if they ever go on sale again for $100 shipped I might buy another one to modify. Given that my birthday is in December, perhaps Santa might we persuaded to gift me with a real solid rest (provided they go back in stock at Sinclair. For the time being, I'll probably shoot my Martini Internationals on my Bald Eagle Front Rest (bought on clearance) which I've modified to remove some but not all of the slop out of the windage adjustment. https://www.grizzly.com/products/bald-eagle-rest-slingshot-aluminum/be1005
Still don't love it but it's usable

Randy
Randy, this sounds a bit crazy, but could you use a Protecktor bag for the front and your ABRA rear rest to better fit the rifles? Something like that to get you through? You can always place a few boards under the bag in front to make a course elevation adjustment, then use the mechanical rear rest to get you on the bulls?

Or maybe better, use your Caldwell/Bald Eagle for the front only to hold the rifles and use the ABRA rear rest to control elevation and windage adjustments? Would that maybe be a better option?

Just some thoughts...

Shot my Mark II International on my backup front rest, a Bald Eagle Windage Triangle rest. One session was enough to remember why I stopped using it - too much slop between the post and set. Regardless, I'll probably try something different next month. Had that talk with Santa Claus last night about a new Sinclair Competition rest for Christmas+birthday and it didn't get much past the cost stage.

Match-Grade Match
181/05X - Martini- BSA International Mark II/Eley Match on 09/28/23

HNB9Nsi.jpg
Randy, I have your score posted.

Randy, this sounds a bit crazy, but could you use a Protecktor bag for the front and your ABRA rear rest to better fit the rifles? Something like that to get you through? You can always place a few boards under the bag in front to make a course elevation adjustment, then use the mechanical rear rest to get you on the bulls?

Or maybe better, use your Caldwell/Bald Eagle for the front only to hold the rifles and use the ABRA rear rest to control elevation and windage adjustments? Would that maybe be a better option?

Just some thoughts...
Randy, note the comment on the PQP Rear Mechanical rest. They increased the size of the dog bone from 1.0 inches to 1.2 inches. Not sure if that's enough to help, but maybe?

FYI only.

Just some thoughts...
Larry,

I have shot my factory rifles using the Bald Eagle front with the ABRA mechanical rest nut not the Martini International. It's something to try next month along with the 3 lobed bag on the Caldwell Rock BR rest (which I dislike) as I imagine I'm done for September. If that's inadequate I have a cheap bag that I could use for a front rest with the mechanical rear. Between pain/exhaustion I decided not to attempt to shoot this morning and tomorrow I have a lunch meeting with our missions committee so I won't be able to shoot unless the dogs roust me out of bed early.

In any event the rethreading die came in yesterday and it worked perfectly to clean up the threads on the 3/4" diameter post that were messed up on the rest that jammed up vertically. I didn't know such a tool as a rethreading die existed until I saw it on sale at Amazon.

Upon reflection, the damage to the threads occurred because the key that goes into the slot on the threaded is missing and the set stop bottoms out against the threads distorting them rather than the bottom of the slot. The windage top that fits on this rest is one I bought used and I don't recall whether I got a key that fits into the slot with it. I don't think so but I'm old as well as forgetful. Or perhaps I bought the post separately and didn't realize it required a key in the slot. Who knows? This deficiently needs to be corrected or elevation will just jam up again.

Regardless, future damage to the threads could be addressed by making a new set stop out of a 3/8" bolt with a longer reduced section so that the set bottoms out on the bottom of the slot. This would have to accomplished on a bench grinder by hand as I don't own a metal lathe. Alternatively, I could make a key that fits into the slot that either floats or is epoxied in place out of brass, stainless steel, hardened aluminum or even something like 12L15 steel. While I don't have the right sized material on hand to make a key nor are my local hardware stores likely to have anything that would work, I ordered some metal from Amazon and will attempt making a key for the slot because this repair is more robust and takes less time than making a new set stop. At the least it's a chance to recall my half forgotten skills as a metallurgist or my knowledge of adhesives gained from managing material and processes engineering in the job from which I retired.

thanks for the suggestions,

Randy

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Randy, note the comment on the PQP Rear Mechanical rest. They increased the size of the dog bone from 1.0 inches to 1.2 inches. Not sure if that's enough to help, but maybe?

FYI only.
I doubt the 1.2" dogbone would fit my ABRA rest. It kinda makes me want to sell the ABRA rest and upgrade tot he PQP (which wasn't available when I got the ABRA rear mechanical press).

Randy

50 yards
6X5 Average .221"
Best group .125"

View attachment 8236903
Good shooting....Looks like it came together for you!!

Welcome to the William Buck Memorial Postal Matches!

There are 6 rimfire matches you can participate in,
- Iron Sight rifles 50 yards*
- Factory rifle 50 yards*
- Match-Grade rifle 50 yards*
- Unlimited rifles 50 yards*
- Mini Palma for scoped rifles 100 yards*
- JBell 6x5 Match for scoped rifles 50/100/200+ yards

*Each match has the same maximum score (200 points), plus X-count to break any ties we may have.

The rules and general info are included and detail each of the matches offered. Each month, please shoot your matches, score your results, record the information at the top of the targets provided and submit your targets to me in this Forum thread. I will post a running summary of the scores for each match, each month, listing all the participants and their equipment.

The original intent of these matches was to allow one submission per match, per rifle, per month. I know many of you shoot more frequently than that, so starting in August 2023, you can submit multiple times for each match/rifle. I will be reporting as you progress through the month on your best scores for each Match/Rifle combination. For all matches, I will post only your highest score for the month for each rifle/match combo target you submit. This will allow you to shoot any of the matches more frequently than once per month, if you would like.

October 2023 Update:
1) Dropped the Texas Mosquito Match due to lack of participation.
2) Revised the Match rules for Factory Rifles to align with the requirements outlined in the ARA rules for Factory Rifles. Please see the yellow highlighted section in the revised rules.

Rules for the matches and targets are included in the attachments.
If you're interested in some friendly competition, please join the fun and shoot the matches of your choice!

Good luck and good shooting!

Rimfireshooter99

Results Section:
October, 2023 Results:
Iron Sight Match - 50 Yds

Factory Target Match

1)

Match-Grade Match

Unlimited Match

1) 200/8x - Bowchamp - Vudoo V22s/RWS Special Match on 10/1/23

Mini-Palma Match

JBell 6x5 Match
50 yards - Group Ave.

50 Yards - Best Group

September, 2023 Results:
Iron Sight Match - 50 Yds

1) 195/2X - Martini- Anschutz 1411/Aguila Pistol Match on 09/19/23

Factory Target Match
1) 199/12x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 9/3/23
2) 196/8x - Martini - CZ457 MTR/SK Standard Plus on 9/19/23
3) 193/7X - JerryP - CZ457PT/Lapua Midas+ on 9/30/23

Match-Grade Match
1) 200/08X - Martini - Custom Ruger 10/22/Eley Semi-Auto Benchrest Precision on 09/26/23
2) 195/04X - Martini - BSA International Mark III/SK Flat Nose Match on 09/27/23
3) 181/05X - Martini - BSA International Mark II/Eley Match on 09/28/23

Unlimited Match
1) 200/11X - Martini- 2500X/Eley Match on 09/18/23
2) 200/8x - Bowchamp - Vudoo V22s/SK Pistol Match on 9/4/23
3) 200/7x - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 9/8/23
4) 200/6X - Martini- Custom 40X/Eley Club XTRA on 09/26/23

Mini-Palma Match
1)

Texas Mosquito Match
1)

JBell 6x5 Match
50 yards - Group Ave.

1) 0.221 - Precision Quest - Vudoo 360/SK Std+ on 9/27/23
2) 0.250 - Precision Quest - Kidd/EBSA on 9/6/23
3) 0.272 - Bowchamp - Vudoo V22s/SK Pistol Match on 9/4/23

50 Yards - Best Group
1) 0.057 - Precision Quest - Kidd/EBSA on 9/6/23
2) 0.107 - Precision Quest - Vudoo 360/Eley Match on 9/6/23
2) 0.182 - Bowchamp - Vudoo V22s/SK Pistol Match on 9/4/23

100 Yards - Group Ave.
1) 0.675 - Bowchamp - Vudoo V22s/Eley SABP on 9/2/23
2) 0.868 - Precision Quest - Kidd/EBSA on 9/6/23

100 Yards - Best Group
1) 0.455 - Bowchamp - Vudoo V22s/Eley SABP on 9/2/23
2) 0.687 - Precision Quest - Kidd/EBSA on 9/6/23

August, 2023 Results:
Iron Sight Match

1) 197/10x - TX_Dan - Kimber 82 Gov't/Eley Target on 8/6/23

Factory Target Match
1) 200/14x - Jmetcalf - CZ457MTR/SK Rifle Match on 8/12/23
2) 196/11x - TX_Dan - CZ452 American/Eley Target on 8/6/23
3) 194/7X - JerryP - CZ457PT/Lapua Midas+ on 8/28/23

Match-Grade Match
1) 195/6x - Precision Quest - Kidd 10/22/Eley Semi-Auto on 8/2/23
2) 191/8x - Precision Quest - Vudoo 360/SK Std+ on 8/28/23
3) 176/0x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 8/6/23

Unlimited Match
1) 200/12x - BowChamp - Vudoo V22S/SK Semi-Auto Match on 8/19/23
2) 200/7x - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 8/29/23

Mini-Palma Match
1) 197/14x - jBell - Vudoo V22/Lapua Center-X on 8/14/23

Texas Mosquito Match
1)

JBell 6x5 Match
50 yards - Group Ave.

1) 0.228 - Precision Quest - Vudoo 360/SK Std+ on 8/2/23
2) 0.336 - Precision Quest - Kidd 10/22/Eley Semi-Auto on 8/2/23
2) 0.348 - Precision Quest - CZ457/ RWS Special Match on 8/2/23

50 Yards - Best Group
1) 0.125 - Precision Quest - CZ 457/RWS Special Match on 8/2/23
2) 0.135 - Precision Quest - Vudoo 360/SK Std+ on 8/2/23
3) 0.171 - Precision Quest - Kidd 10/22/Eley Semi-Auto on 8/2/23

100 Yards - Group Ave.
1) 0.617 - JBell - Vudoo V22/Lapua Center-X on 8/24/23
2) 0.768 - Precision Quest - Vudoo 360/SK Long Range Match on 8/16/23
3) 0.865 - Precision Quest - Kidd/Eley Precision SA on 8/12/23

100 Yards - Best Group
1) 0.398 - JBell - Vudoo V22/Lapua Center-X on 8/24/23
2) 0.406 - Precision Quest - Kidd/Eley Precision SA on 8/12/23
2) 0.536 - Precision Quest - Vudoo 360/SK Long Range Match on 8/16/23

July, 2023 Results:
Factory Target Match

1) 199/14x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 7/5/23
2) 196/9x- JerryP - CZ457PT/Midas+ on 7/22/23
3) 191/7x - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Aguila Match on 7/1/23

Match-Grade Match

Unlimited Match

1) 200/13x - BowChamp - Vudoo V22S/Midas+ on 7/2/23
2) 200/8x - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 7/5/23
3) 200/5x - JerryP - Vudoo 360/Midas+ on 7/30/23

Mini-Palma Match
1) 183/4x - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Aguila Match on 7/1/23

Texas Mosquito Match

JBell 6x5 Match
50 yards - Group Ave.

1) 0.192 - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 7/5/23
2) 0.238 - Precision Quest - Vudoo 360/SK Std+ on 7/21/23
3) 0.242 - BowChamp - Vudoo V22S/SK Semi-Auto on 7/4/23
4) 0.330 - Precision Quest - Kidd 10/22/Eley Semi-Auto BR on 7/21/23
5) 0.671 - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Aguila Match on 7/1/23

50 Yards - Best Group
1) 0.120 - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 7/5/23
2) 0.165 - Precision Quest - Vudoo 360/SK Std+ on 7/21/23
3) 0.193 - BowChamp - Vudoo V22S/SK Semi-Auto on 7/4/23
4) 0.213 - Precision Quest - Kidd 10/22/Eley Semi-Auto BR on 7/21/23
5) 0.386 - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Aguila Match on 7/1/23

June, 2023 Results:
Factory Target Match

1) 198/11x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 6/8/23
2) 196/12x - JerryP - CZ457PT/Midas+ on 6/2/23
3) 195/10x - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Aguila Match on 6/16/23
3) 194/6x - Greyknife - Savage MK II BTV/Norma TAC 22 on 6/5/23

Match-Grade Match
1) 195/7x - JerryP- Vudoo 360/Midas+ on 6/21/23

Unlimited Match
1) 200/10x - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 6/18/23

Mini-Palma Match

Texas Mosquito Match

JBell 6x5 Match
50 Yards - Group Ave:

1) 0.700 - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Aguila Match on 6/16/23

50 yards, Best Group:
1) 0.611 - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Aguila Match on 6/16/23

May, 2023 Results:
Factory Rifle Match

1) 198/7x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 5/5/23

Match-Grade Match

Unlimited Match

1) 200/8x - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 5/11/23
2) 200/6x - JerryP - 2500X/Eley Match on 5/23/23

Mini-Palma Match

Texas Mosquito Match

JBell 6x5 Match
50 yards - Group Ave:

1) 0.213 - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 5/11/23
2) 0.263 - JerryP - 2500X/Eley Match on 5/23/23

50 yards, Best Group:
1) 0.123 - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 5/11/23
2) 0.168 - JerryP - 2500X/Eley Match on 5/23/23

April, 2023 Results:
Factory Rifle Match

1) 194/7x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 4/11/23
2) 191/6x - Greyknife - Savage MK II BTV/Norma TAC 22 on 4/10/23
3) 188/11x - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Norma Match on 4/22/23

Match-Grade Match
1)

Unlimited Match
1) 200/14X - Hi-NV Shooter - H&R M12/Lapua Long Range on 4/9/23

Mini-Palma Match
1) 171/4x - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Norma Match on 4/22/23

Texas Mosquito Match
1)

JBell 6x5 Match
50 Yards - Group Ave.

1) 0.760 - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Norma Match on 4/22/23

50 Yards - Best Group
1) 0.425 - CZ457 MTR/Norma Match on 4/22/23

March, 2023 Results:
Factory Rifle Match

1) 198/9x - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Norma Match on 3/10/23
2) 197/16x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 3/28/23

Match-Grade Match

Unlimited Match

Mini-Palma Match

Texas Mosquito Match

JBell 6x5 Match
50 Yards - Group Ave.

1) 0.449 - area918shooter - CZ455/SK Std. on 3/1/23
2) 0.524 - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Norma Match on 3/10/23

50 Yards - Best Group
1) 0.191 - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Norma Match on 3/10/23
2) 0.299 - area918shooter - CZ455/SK Std. on 3/1/23

February, 2023 Results:
Factory Rifle Match

1) 199/13x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 2/14/23

Match-Grade Match
1) 195/5X - Martini - Custom Ruger 10/22 with Kidd Barrel/Eley S-A BR Precision on 02/28/23
2) 157/4x - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Wolf Match Extra on 2/20/23

Unlimited Match
1) 200/13x - Hi-NV Shooter - H&R M12/Lapua Center-X on 2/26/23
2) 200/10X - Martini- 2500X/Eley Match on 02/28/23
3) 200/8x - jBell - Vudoo V-22 G2/Lapua Center-X on 2/19/23
4) 200/6x - cournot - Suhl 150/Norma Match Red Box on 2/3/23
5) 195/8x - Martini - 40X /SK Standard+ on 02/28/23

Mini-Palma Match
1) 196/8x - jBell - Vudoo V-22 G2/Lapua Center-X on 2/19/23
2) 195/5x - Tommie Middleton - CZ457 At-One/Lapua Midas+ on 2/13/23
3) 179/5x - Gdawg09 - CZ457 MTR/Wolf Match Extra on 2/20/23
4) 178/3x - Raw Rollin - CZ457/Eley Semi-Auto BR on 2/22/23

Texas Mosquito Match
1) 161/4x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 2/13/23
2) 144/0x - Tommie Middleton - CZ457 At-One/Lapua Midas+ on 2/13/23
3) 130/0x - Raw Rollin - CZ457/Eley Match on 2/22/23
4) 130/0x - Raw Rollin - Bergara B14R/Eley Match on 2/22/23

JBell 6x5 Match
100 Yards - Group Average

1) 0.962 - Tommie Middleton - CZ457/Lapua Center-X on 2/24/23
100 Yards - Best Group
1) 0.765 - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 2/24/23

200 yards - Group Average
1) 1.866 - BisSilent - Rim-X with Lothar Walther barrel/Eley Match on 2/7/23
200 Yards - Best Group
1) 0.789 - BisSilent - Rim-X with Lothar Walther barrel/Eley Match on 2/7/23

January, 2023 Results:
Iron Sight Match

1)

Factory Rifle Match
1) 198/9x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 1/6/23
2) 197/14x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 1/15/23

Match-Grade Match
1)200/8x - cournot - Suhl 150/RWS Special Match on 1/30/23

Unlimited Match
1) 200/16x - Hi-NV Shooter - Anschutz Match 1411 Match 54/Lapua Center-X on 1/8/23
2) 200/11x - HI-NV Shooter - H&R M12/Lapua Pistol King on 1/2/23
3) 200/7x - jBell - Vudoo V-22 G2/SK Std+ on 1/22/23

Mini-Palma Match
1) 198/9x - jBell - Vudoo V-22 G2/Sk Std+ on 1/29/23

Texas Mosquito Match
1) 152/1x - Tommie Middleton - CZ457 At One/Midas+ on 1/19/23

JBell 6x5 Match
50 Yards - Group Average

1) 0.250" - JBell - Vudoo V-22 G2/Sk Std+ on 1/29/23

50 Yards - Best Group
1) 0.220" - JBell - Vudoo V-22 G2/Sk Std+/SK Rifle Match/Lapua Center-X on 1/22/23

December, 2022 Results:
Iron Sight Match

Factory Rifle Match

1) 197/12x - Raw Rollin' - Bergara B14R/Eley SABR on 12/8/22
2) 195/14x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 12/2/22
3) 195/6x - JerryP - CZ457PT/Lapua Midas+ on 12/6/22
4) 194/7x - Jmetcalf - CZ457MTR/SK Rifle Match on 12/29/22
5) 192/9x - Raw Rollin' - Savage Mk II/Eley SABR on 12/8/22

Match-Grade Match
1) 195/3x - JerryP- Vudoo 360/Midas+ on 12/06/22
2) 186/5X - Martini - Custom Ruger 10/22 with Kidd Barrel/Eley SABR Precision on 12/06/22
3) 165/2x - Martini - BSA Martini International Mark III/SK Flatnose Match on 12/29/22

Unlimited Match
1) 200/17X- Martini- 2500X (Shilen)/Eley Match on 12/6/22
2) 200/8x - Martini - 40X /SK Standard+ on 12/6/22
3) 200/7x - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 12/2/22
4) 200/6x - Tommie Middleton - CZ457 At One/Midas+ on 12/21/22
5) 195/11x - Tommie Middleton - Turbo/Lapua Midas+ on 12/8/22
6) 186/8X -Martini - Custom Anschutz 54 Eley Contact on 12/6/22

Mini-Palma Match
1) 198/14x - Tommie Middleton - Turbo/Lapua Midas+ on 12/8/22
2) 193/9x - Raw Rollin' - Bergara B14R/Eley Match on 12/8/22
3) 190/6x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 12/2/22

Texas Mosquito Match
200 Yards

1) 172/4x - Raw Rollin' - Bergara B14R/Eley Match on 12/8/22
2) 136/2x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 12/2/22

November, 2022 Results:
Iron Sight Match

1) 200/17 - Islandguy - Walther KKJ-T/Lapua Flat Nose Basic on 11/21/22

Factory Rifle Match
1) 198/11x - Greyknife - Savage MK II BTV/Norma TAC 22 on 11/1/22
2) 195/9x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 11/3/22

Match-Grade Match
1) 200/8x - JohnTheFisherman - Vudoo 360/Lapua Center-X on 11/20/22
2) 200/4x - cournot - Suhl 150/Eley Match on 11/30/22
3) 195/2X - Martini - BSA Martini International Mark II/Eley Match on 11/22/22
4) 157/3X - Martini - BSA Martini International Mark III/SK Flatnose Match on 10/19/22

Unlimited Match
1) 200/15x - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 11/1/22
2) 200/13x - HI-NV Shooter - Anschutz 1407 Match 54/Lapua Center-X on 11/6/22
3) 200/9x - Dawhit - Vudoo 360/Lapua Pistol King on 11/2/22
4) 200/9x - JerryP - 2500X/Eley Match on 11/15/22
5) 175/6x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 11/3/22

Mini-Palma Match
1) 194/7x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 11/3/22

Texas Mosquito Match
200 Yards

1) 168/4x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 11/3/22

October, 2022 Results:
Iron Sight Match

1) 197/7x - Milt - Savage/Anschutz Mark 10/Lapua Center-X on 10/18/22
2) 188/6X - Martini - BSA M8 Martini/SK+ on 10/26/22

Factory Rifle Match
1) 200/18x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 10/7/22
2) 198/14x - Milt - CZ457 MTR/Lapua Center-X on 10/22/22
3) 196/13x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 10/15/22
4) 196/11x - JerryP - CZ457PT/Midas+ on 10/5/22
5) 184/6x - Greyknife - Savage MK II BTV/Norma TAC 22 on 10/10/22
6) 170/2x - Martini - Ruger American Rimfire Target/SK Standard Plus on 10/03/22

Match-Grade Match
1) 200/5x - JerryP- Vudoo 360/Midas+ on 10/23/22
2) 195/6X - Martini - BSA Martini International Mark III/SK Flatnose Match on 10/19/22
3) 195/5X - Martini - BSA Martini International Mark II/Eley Match on 10/19/22
4) 175/4X - Martini - Ruger 10/22 with Kidd Barrel/Eley S-A BR Precision on 10/06/22
5) 166/3X - Martini - BSA Martini M1215/Club on 10/05/22

Unlimited Rifle Match
1) 200/15x - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 10/1/22
2) 200/15x - Hi-NV Shooter - Anschutz Match 1411 Match 54/Lapua Pistol King on 10/9/22
3) 200/13X- Martini- 2500X/Eley Match on 10/6/22
4) 200/9x - Milt - Vudoo V22s/Eley Tenex on 10/30/22
5) 200/7x - Greyknife - 40X Remington/Midas+ on 10/10/22
6) 200/4x - Cournot - Vudoo V22s/SK Std+ on 10/12/22
7) 195/9x - Martini - 40X/SK Standard+ on 10/6/22
8) 186/4x - Tommie Middleton - CZ457 At One/Midas+ on 10/11/22

Mini-Palma Match
1) 199/15x - Rtblock1 - Vudoo V22s/Lapua Center-X on 10/30/22
2) 196/11x - Milt - Vudoo V22s/Eley Tenex on 10/30/22
3) 195/6x - CZ457 At One/SK Rifle Match on 10/11/22
4) 194/1x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 10/7/22

Texas Mosquito Match
200 Yards

1) 159/3x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 10/27/22
2) 137/0x - Tommie Middleton - CZ457 At One/SK Rifle Match on 10/11/22

September, 2022 Results:
Iron Sight Match
1) 195/5X - Martini - BSA M8 Martini/SK+ on 9/08/22

Factory Rifle Match
1) 200/16X - Martini - CZ457 MTR/SK Standard+ on 9/10/2022
2) 198/12x - Area918shooter - CZ455 MP/Sk Std+ on 9/9/22
3) 198/12x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 9/11/22
4) 198/7x - Raw Rollin' - Bergara B14R/Eley Match on 9/6/22
5) 196/14x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 9/28/22
6) 196/8x - JerryP - CZ457PT/Midas+ on 9/17/22
7) 195/9X - Martini - BSA M13 Martini/Fiocchi SM340 on 9/10/2022
8) 195/7x - Greyknife - Savage Mk II BV/SK Rifle Match on 9/19/22
9) 190/7X - Martini - Winchester M69A/SK Standard+ on 9/12/2022
10) 176/4X - Martini - Tikka T1X/Fiocchi MAXAC on 9/12/2022
11) 157/1x - Martini - Ruger American/SK Std Plus on 9/19/22

Match-Grade Match
1) 200/5x - Milt - CZ 457 MTR/Lapua Center-X on 9/3/22
2) 200/5x - JohnTheFisherman - Vudoo 360/Lapua Center-X on 9/13/22
3) 200/2X - Martini - BSA Martini International Mark II/Eley Match on 9/7/22
4) 195/5X - Martini - Ruger 10/22 with Kidd Barrel/Eley Semi-Auto Benchrest Precision on 9/6/22
5) 185/6x - Quickoz - Vudoo 360/Eley Match on 9/8/22
6) 177/6X - Martini - BSA Martini International Mark III/SK Flatnose Match on 9/7/22
7) 162/3X - Martini - BSA Martini M1215/Eley Contact/Club on 9/27/22

Unlimited Rifle Match
1) 200/14x - Hi-NV Shooter - Anschutz 1407 Match 54/Lapua Pistol Match on 9/25/22
2) 200/12x - Martini - 2500X Shilen Barrel/Eley Match on 9/6/22
3) 200/11x - HI-NV Shooter - H&R M12/Lapua Pistol King on 9/11/22
4) 200/11x - Greyknife - Remington 40X/Eley Match on 9/19/22
5) 200/7x - Dawhit - Vudoo 360/SK Std + on 9/11/22
6) 200/7x - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 9/15/22
7) 195/11x - Tommie Middleton - CZ457/Midas+ on 9/28/22
8) 195/10x - Martini - 40X Custom/SK Standard Plus on 9/6/22
9) 185/7x - Area918shooter - CZ455 MP/SK Std + on 9/9/22

Mini-Palma Match
1) 200/15x - Tommie Middleton - Turbo/Midas+ on 9/15/22
2) 200/8x - Rtblock1 - Vudoo V22s/Midas+ on 9/16/22
3) 196/10x - NotMOA - Tikka T1x/Eley Tenex on 9/9/22
4) 196/9x - JohnTheFisherman - Vudoo/Lapua Center-X on 9/22/22
5) 195/5x - Dawhit - Vudoo 360/SK Std+ on 9/11/22
6) 194/10x - Tommie Middleton - CZ457/Midas+ on 9/28/22
7) 193/7x - Quickoz - Vudoo 360/Eley Match on 9/8/22
8) 192/7x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 9/28/22
9) 189/7x - Greyknife - Savage Mk II BV/Federal Gold Medal on 9/19/22
10) 188/5x - Tommie Middleton - Anschutz Match 54/SK Rifle Match on 9/7/22

Texas Mosquito Match
200 Yards

1) 170/4x - Raw Rollin' - Bergara B14R/Eley Match on 9/15/22
2) 160/3x - Dawhit - Vudoo 360/Lapua Center-X on 9/9/22
3) 150/2x - Tommie Middleton - Turbo/Midas+ on 9/15/22
4) 141/4x - Tommie Middleton - Anschutz Match 54/Lapua Center-X on 9/7/22
5) 135/2x - Tommie Middleton - CZ At-One/Lapua Center-X on 9/7/22

300 Yards
1) 62/1x - Tommie Middleton - CZ At-One/SK Rifle Match on 9/9/22

August, 2022 Results:
Iron Sight Match
1) 195/8x - Milt - Savage/Anschutz Mark 10/Wolf Target on 8/1/22
2) 189/3x - Martini - BSA M8 Martini/SK Standard + on 8/24/22

Factory Rifle Match
1) 199/13X - Martini - CZ457/SK+ on 8/26/2022
2) 198/12x - Milt - CZ 457 MTR/Eley Tenex on 8/1/22
3) 198/11x - JerryP - CZ457PT/Lapua Midas+ on 8/10/22
4) 197/11x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 8/8/22
5) 197/6x - Greyknife - Savage MkII BVD/SK Rifle Match on 8/31/22
6) 196/12x - Raw Rollin' - Bergara B14R/Lapua Center-X on 8/15/22
7) 196/8x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/SK Rifle Match on 8/25/22
8) 194/7X - Martini - BSA M13 Martini/Fiocchi SM340 on 8/26/2022
9) 193/8X - Martini - Winchester 69A/SK+ on 8/27/2022
10) 190/5X - Martini - Tikka T1x/Fiocchi MAXAc on 8/26/2022
11) 181/8X - Martini - Ruger American/SK+ on 8/27/2022

Match-Grade Rifle Match
1) 200/7x - JohnTheFisherman - Vudoo 360/Lapua Center-X on 8/31/22
2) 200/6x - Martini - BSA Martini International Mark II/Eley Match on 8/24/22
3) 200/5x - Martini - BSA Martini International Mark III/SK Flat Nose on 8/24/22
4) 195/5x - JerryP - Vudoo V22/Lapua Midas+ on 8/25/22
5) 195/3x - cournot - Suhl 150/Eley Match on 8/31/22
6) 191/7x - Martini - Ruger 10/22 Kidd BarreI/Eley Semi-Auto Benchrest Precision on 8/24/22
7) 180/2x - Raw Rollin' - Bergara B14R/SK Rifle Match on 8/15/22

Unlimited Rifle Match
1) 200/17x - Hi-NV Shooter - Anschutz Match 1411 Match 54/Lapua Center-X on 8/14/22
2) 200/14x - HI-NV Shooter - Anschutz 1407 Match 54/Lapua Center-X on 8/28/22
3) 200/13x - Martini - 2500X Shilen Barrel/Eley Match on 8/19/22
4) 200/10x - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 8/1/22
5) 200/10x - Greyknife - Remington 40x/Eley Match on 8/8/22
6) 200/6x - Tommie Middleton - Anschutz Match 54/SK Rifle Match on 8/22/22
7) 200/5x - Martini - 40X Custom/SK Standard Plus on 8/19/22
8) 200/4x - Dawhit - Vudoo 360/SK LRM on 8/18/22

Mini-Palma Rifle Match
1) 199/11x - RTBock1 - Vudoo V22s/Midas+ on 8/17/22
2) 198 / 11x - NotMOA - Tikka T1X/Eley Tenex on 8/27/22
3) 196/8x - Tommie Middleton - Anschutz Match 54/SK Rifle Match on 8/15/22
4) 196/8x - Dawhit - Vudoo 360/SK LRM on 8/18/22
5) 193/2x - Greyknife - Savage MkII BVD/Federal Gold Medal 900 on 8/8/22
6) 192/11x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 8/8/22
7) 190/5x - Milt - Anschutz 64 SBR/Lapua Center-X on 8/23/22 Note: This rifle is for sale, please see the post by Milt if interested.
8) 182/8x - Raw Rollin' - Bergara B14R/Lapua Center-X on 8/15/22

July, 2022 Results:
Iron Sight Match

1) 200/11 - Islandguy - Walther KKJ-T/Lapua Flat Nose Basic on 7/28/22
2) 185/1X - Martini - BSA M8 Martini/SK+ on 7/12/22

Factory Rifle Match
1) 199/15X - Martini - CZ457/SK+ on 7/7/2022
2) 199/14x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/SK Std+ on7/13/22
3) 198/11x - JerryP - CZ457PT/Lapua Midas+ on 7/10/22
4) 198/10x - Milt - CZ 457 MTR/Lapua Center-X on 7/13/22
5) 198/10x - JG26_Irish - CZ 457 PVT/Lapua Center-X on 7/10/22
6) 197/10x - Greyknife - Savage MkII BVD/Norma Tac22 on 7/25/22
7) 193/6x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/Lapua Midas+ on 7/16/22
8) 192/6x - Papa Mike - CZ457/Lapua Center-X on 7/3/22
9) 191/10X - Martini - BSA M13 Martini/Fiocchi SM340 on 7/12/2022
10) 191/7X - Lash - CZ457 MTR/SK Std+ on 07/12/22
11) 187/8X - Martini - Tikka T1x/Fiocchi MAXAX on 7/13/2022
12) 163/1x - Papa Mike - CZ457/Lapua Center-X on 7/9/22

Match-Grade Rifle Match
1) 200/9x - jps2486 - Vudoo V22/Eley Match on 7/5/22
2) 200/8x - jbell - Vudoo 360/Lapua Center-X on 7/8/22
3) 195/7x - Martini - Remington 40X/SK+ on 7/6/2022
4) 195/7x - JohnTheFisherman - Vudoo 360/Lapua Center-X on 7/18/22
5) 195/5x - JerryP - Vudoo V22/Lapua Midas+ on 7/13/22
6) 190/4x - Martini - BSA Martini - International Mark III/SK Flat Nose on 7/30/2022
7) 186/5X - Martini - BSA Martini - International Mark II/Eley Match on 7/30/2022
8) 172/5x - Sky Blue Lou - Vudoo 360/Lapua Midas+ on 7/8/22
9) 170/1x - Papa Mike - Vudoo 360/Lapua Center-X on 7/9/22

Unlimited Rifle Match
1) 200/17x - Hi-NV Shooter - Anschutz 1411 Match/Lapua Center-X on 7/17/22
2) 200/16x - JerryP - Vudoo V22s/Eley Match on 7/7/22
3) 200/15x - Martini - 2500xs action/Eley Match on 7/6/22
4) 200/14x - Hi-NV Shooter - H&R M12/LCX on 7/10/22
5) 200/9x - Greyknife - Remington 40x/Eley Match on 7/25/22
6) 185/3x - RFS99 - Turbo V1 action/Midas+ on 7/5/22

Mini-Palma Rifle Match
1) 200/17x - Hi-NV Shooter - Anschutz 1411 Match/Lapua Center-X on 7/31/22
2) 197/13x - Jmetcalf - CZ457 MTR/RWS Pistol Match on 7/30/22
3) 196/7x - jbell - Vudoo V22 360/Lapua Center-X on 7/8/22
4) 195/9x - Papa Mike - Vudoo 360/SK LRM on 7/3/22
5) 195/9x - Martini - 2500X-M/Eley Match on 7/11/22
6) 195/8x - JohnTheFisherman - Vudoo 360/Lapua Center-X on 7/20/22
7) 193/7x - Milt - CZ457 MTR/Eley Tenex on 7/29/22
8) 193/6x - Tommie Middleton - Izhmash/Eley Match on 7/13/22
9) 192/9x - Martini - Anschutz 52/Eley Match on 7/11/22
10) 190/4x - Martini - Ruger 10/22 Kidd Barrel/Eley Precision Bench Rest Auto on 7/11/22
11) 185/5x - Martini - Custom Grand Master/Lapua Pistol King on 7/11/22
12) 182/2x - Sky Blue Lou - Vudoo 360/Midas+ on 7/13/22
13) 175/6X - Lash - CZ457 MTR/SK Std+ On 07/12/22
14) 170/4x - JG26_Irish - Two to Tango/SK Std+ on 7/10/22
Larry, good morning. The updated rules for the Factory Match didn't come through. Do you mind reposting the match rules?
Best,
John

This morning was an opportunity to try out my repaired front rest (R.W. Hart cast steel/iron base with Cowan windage top) despite the wind blowing harder than I'd like. The repairs consisted of re-tapping the threads for the fine elevation adjustment, re-threading the 3/4" elevation post, and adding a section of brass key stock (thanks to eBay and Grainger) for the set screw to bottom out against temporarily bonded into place in the groove machined into the elevating post with tape and RTV. Everything worked pretty well except there is rather more slop in the elevating post than I'm happy with. In any event the set screw ties it down very solidly even though it moves about 3/4" at 50 yards when tightening the set screw.

All I'm going to say about the conditions is that if the wind blows over one of my wind flags (breaking it's little plastic propeller I might add!), it's too windy for me to shoot. Despite the wind I managed my best ever score (near as I can remember) with one of my Martini's mostly trying to shoot in between the stronger gusts.

Match-Grade Match
200/08X - Martini- BSA International Mark III/SK Flat Nose Match on 10/03/23
DhvzwO5.jpg

This morning was an opportunity to try out my repaired front rest (R.W. Hart cast steel/iron base with Cowan windage top) despite the wind blowing harder than I'd like. The repairs consisted of re-tapping the threads for the fine elevation adjustment, re-threading the 3/4" elevation post, and adding a section of brass key stock (thanks to eBay and Grainger) for the set screw to bottom out against temporarily bonded into place in the groove machined into the elevating post with tape and RTV. Everything worked pretty well except there is rather more slop in the elevating post than I'm happy with. In any event the set screw ties it down very solidly even though it moves about 3/4" at 50 yards when tightening the set screw.

All I'm going to say about the conditions is that if the wind blows over one of my wind flags (breaking it's little plastic propeller I might add!), it's too windy for me to shoot. Despite the wind I managed my best ever score (near as I can remember) with one of my Martini's mostly trying to shoot in between the stronger gusts.

Match-Grade Match
200/08X - Martini- BSA International Mark III/SK Flat Nose Match on 10/03/23
DhvzwO5.jpg
Well, let's hope for more windy days! Well done in windy conditions!

I have your score posted.

Larry

Well done with a lower quality ammo. Hmm..maybe there is a seperate challenge offered up here?
Hey!!! Easy with the name calling....if that cheap ammo hears that it may not shoot as well next time!!! LOL!!! Had a good run going till the wind busted me up on one group.

I'd be in for another challenge......maybe have an ammo price limit?? Cheap Ammo Match??

Hey!!! Easy with the name calling....if that cheap ammo hears that it may not shoot as well next time!!! LOL!!! Had a good run going till the wind busted me up on one group.

I'd be in for another challenge......maybe have an ammo price limit?? Cheap Ammo Match??
Yup, I'm in. I will shoot the norma tac outta my Vudoo, Kidd and Deuce; hopefully next week as I am back to work the following week and there won't be much time to shoot after that.

Yup, I'm in. I will shoot the norma tac outta my Vudoo, Kidd and Deuce; hopefully next week as I am back to work the following week and there won't be much time to shoot after that.
Awesome!!! Can't wait to see the results. Might have to put that Kidd on a BANNED List.......that thing has shot some scary tight groups already!!! LOL!!!

Waiting for the CCI ammo that shoots 1/4 inch groups at 50 yards...
Well....I do have a few bricks of CCI Standard Velocity. :LOL:

Like the Norma Tac-22....I swore I'd never shoot it through my Vudoo. Buddy of mine wouldn't let it go so I broke down and shot the Tac-22..... just so he'd get off my arse!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Today was the battle of my aperture sight rifles - Anschutz 54 Match vrs Martini rook rifle. The clear winner was the Martini although I didn't shoot real well, I've shot the Martini quite a bit more than the Annie, and the SK is probably a bit better ammo than the Aguila. On the other hand I ran short of toner while printing out the targets to shoot the Martini.

Iron Sight 50 yards
183/2X - Martini- Anschutz 1411/Aguila Golden Eagle Match Pistol on 10/10/23
192/3x - Martini- BSA Martini Model 8/SK Standard + on 10/10/23

UMFs0KK.jpg

ESxtxtb.jpg

Today was the battle of my aperture sight rifles - Anschutz 54 Match vrs Martini rook rifle. The clear winner was the Martini although I didn't shoot real well, I've shot the Martini quite a bit more than the Annie, and the SK is probably a bit better ammo than the Aguila. On the other hand I ran short of toner while printing out the targets to shoot the Martini.

Iron Sight 50 yards
183/2X - Martini- Anschutz 1411/Aguila Golden Eagle Match Pistol on 10/10/23
192/3x - Martini- BSA Martini Model 8/SK Standard + on 10/10/23

UMFs0KK.jpg

ESxtxtb.jpg
Randy, I have your scores posted. Well done. I would be hard pressed to just be in the black with iron sights!

Larry

Larry,

Usually what happens is I shoot 2 or 3 good bulls and then loose it on the second target. Not sure whether it's eyestrain or concentration. After shooting yesterday, I installed a variable rear aperture on my Annie and will consider whether I need a smaller diameter hole on the front aperture insert. Unfortunately, the forecast is for wind the next few days so I won't have an opportunity to experiment. Even though the light barreled Martini is truly a rifle designed for carrying around, I've shot it so much that I have good confidence putting holes on target plus the trigger is not too horrible for a BSA Martini.

Randy

Mr. Larry,

I have a little twist on this JBell 6x5 100yd entry. I shot it with two different ammos and at 102 yds. If it doesn't make for an official entry, I understand....I'll leave that up to you. Thanks!!

JBell 6x5 100yds. 10-13-2023
Vudoo V22S SK Semi-Auto 3 groups......Lapua Long Range 3 groups
6 groups Av.= .614"
Smallest group = .396" Lapua Long Range

20231013_200709.jpg

A couple pics to show some of the many wind directions of the day. Target on the right is at 50 yds. and middle target to the left is at 102 yds.

I set up this way so I could switch back and forth between the two targets without having to move. It worked out pretty good.

20231013_192257.jpg

20231013_192159.jpg
20231013_192231.jpg

Mr. Larry,

I have a little twist on this JBell 6x5 100yd entry. I shot it with two different ammos and at 102 yds. If it doesn't make for an official entry, I understand....I'll leave that up to you. Thanks!!

JBell 6x5 100yds. 10-13-2023
Vudoo V22S SK Semi-Auto 3 groups......Lapua Long Range 3 groups
6 groups Av.= .614"
Smallest group = .396" Lapua Long Range

View attachment 8248279

A couple pics to show some of the many wind directions of the day. Target on the right is at 50 yds. and middle target to the left is at 102 yds.

I set up this way so I could switch back and forth between the two targets without having to move. It worked out pretty good.

View attachment 8248278

View attachment 8248276View attachment 8248277
Bowchamp, no problem with using multiple ammo lots or brands in the same rifle. I have your scores posted. Nice range setup!

Larry

Last edited:
My new Bix-n-Andy Competition trigger showed up yesterday, got it put in and had to give it a try. Went to the range today and gave it a go. I really like this trigger and recommend it to anyone in need of a good one. I have been using my Jewell Benchrest trigger for about 6 months and the Bix n Andy is all around just a little better. The crisp break really sets them apart.

Anyway...enough rambling....here is my second entry for the JBell 6x5. Still shooting the cheap ammo!! LOL!!!

JBell 6x5, 10-15-23, 50yds
Vudoo V22S, SK Standard Plus
6 group Av.- .262"
Smallest group- .157"

20231015_151509.jpg

My new Bix-n-Andy Competition trigger showed up yesterday, got it put in and had to give it a try. Went to the range today and gave it a go. I really like this trigger and recommend it to anyone in need of a good one. I have been using my Jewell Benchrest trigger for about 6 months and the Bix n Andy is all around just a little better. The crisp break really sets them apart.

Anyway...enough rambling....here is my second entry for the JBell 6x5. Still shooting the cheap ammo!! LOL!!!

JBell 6x5, 10-15-23, 50yds
Vudoo V22S, SK Standard Plus
6 group Av.- .262"
Smallest group- .157"

View attachment 8249495
Bowchamp, I have your updated scores posted. Nice work, and I also use B&A triggers. Very nice indeed!