• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

6.5 Creedmoor

Tested different loads today that were put together by my uncle. Curious which ones y'all might go with. These were Hornady ELD Match 130gr with various amounts of RL-15 as marked on each group. Thoughts?

PS Sorry if I attached the photo incorrectly.

View attachment 8482945
A decision based solely on 3, 4 or 5 shots is shaky at best. There is always a chance of randomness involved. If you shot 100 rounds (not suggesting you do, people lose their sht over this) you would have a scatter pattern. From that scatter pattern any 3 are possible combinations (or 5) which either looks really good, really bad, or an odd looking shot that seems to exist outside your pattern. That’s when people will say “I pulled that one” when it is just a part of the statistical possibilities.
Scientifically there is this: the more powder you use the faster the bullet will travel. The so called speed nodes are just another application of the below pic. Pick a safe charge (I usually go about 75% up from minimum towards maximum and that’s my chosen charge. I think there is an effect regarding vibration which I have been working on predicting using software and RL results but I have no conclusions yet for that.

Attachments

• IMG_9158.jpeg
    IMG_9158.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: PovertyStateArmorer
I've got a Bergara HMR PRO in 6.5 Creedmoor. I'm pretty sure the action is a Remington 700 short action blueprint, but I'm looking to replace the trigger and want to make sure.... Anyone know, or where I can find that information?

Thanks
texashaag
Bergara HMR is Rem 700 trigger compatible. I swapped out the trigger in my HMR for a TriggerTech. I'm very pleased. Since the Bergara has a separate bolt release, you would order the TriggerTech trigger without it. Remember, the trigger pins on the HMR are not straight. They are slightly cone-shape and are unidirectional. Also, the pins will usually not seat fully flush into the receiver. I would recommend you take note of the direction and orientation of the pins during removal...

Has anyone played with the 90gr Speer TNT? I really would like to keep the H4350 I have for my 6cm (PRS Setup). I was looking at BLC2 but I was curious if anyone has messed with it?