• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

alright y’all convinced me to keep it and just build a prs one down the road.

What do you guys do for barricade support since the center of gravity is on the hump. With my OG game changer it hangs on my mag which I guess isn’t a big deal but not as stable and I can’t reload without moving the rifle.

I think the pint size gamechanger might actually fit the hump perfectly since it’s 3” shorter?? Maybe I need to get one of those.

IMG_8562.jpeg

What do you guys do for barricade support since the center of gravity is on the hump. With my OG game changer it hangs on my mag which I guess isn’t a big deal but not as stable and I can’t reload without moving the rifle.

I think the pint size gamechanger might actually fit the hump perfectly since it’s 3” shorter?? Maybe I need to get one of those.

View attachment 8494181
I don’t have an AXSA, but the PSGC (heavy fill) does nicely without spooning the mag.

Sold my sage green AX and built a comp gun only to miss the AI and bought another one. If you like the AI don't be without one because you are just going to spend more money buying it again.

I did however hate the AX for position work for the reasons you are finding out right now. Balance for me was right where the hump falls off to the hand guard. I'd either put a vision front on it or sell it and get a atx if prs was my primary goal. Seems like you could sell to @Krob95 pretty easy 🤣

Reactions: HKSniper11B

View attachment 8494181

That rifle you quoted in the next post is mine. Adding the small plate to the hump gave me more contact with the bag as well as giving me a spot to grasp the rifle and bag with my support hand to steady my wobble.

You will likely need to add some weights to your forend ro get the rifle balanced. My AXMC weighs 24lbs when balanced on the hump.

I'll be shooting my new XC at matches going forward with the AXMC as a backup. I'll let you know how it goes.

Reactions: its_sean
Never again. That’s all I’ll say

After I split from "dash one", I dated the HR department head of Northrup Grumman when I went to work at DC. By dated, I mean I was 11 years younger and was nothing more than a glorified pool cleaner. However, I was broke AF at the time and only had what I was strapping to contribute to the relationship. That's all she wanted anyway, so I got chauffeured around the area in a Mercedes SLS AMG to all of the sushi restaurants while it lasted.

It's where I developed my paradigm shift in my life regarding what kind of women I was after.

Hopefully you can rebound well Sir, and too become a member of #TeamTrophyHusbands. 😄

That rifle you quoted in the next post is mine. Adding the small plate to the hump gave me more contact with the bag as well as giving me a spot to grasp the rifle and bag with my support hand to steady my wobble.

You will likely need to add some weights to your forend ro get the rifle balanced. My AXMC weighs 24lbs when balanced on the hump.

I'll be shooting my new XC at matches going forward with the AXMC as a backup. I'll let you know how it goes.
yeah I added the 16” forend and bought some forend weights already. Might need a little more weight, I’ll be at 22lb.

What plate is that?

After I split from "dash one", I dated the HR department head of Northrup Grumman when I went to work at DC. By dated, I mean I was 11 years younger and was nothing more than a glorified pool cleaner. However, I was broke AF at the time and only had what I was strapping to contribute to the relationship. That's all she wanted anyway, so I got chauffeured around the area in a Mercedes SLS AMG to all of the sushi restaurants while it lasted.

It's where I developed my paradigm shift in my life regarding what kind of women I was after.

Hopefully you can rebound well Sir, and too become a member of #TeamTrophyHusbands. 😄
I cook I clean I lay the pipe… I’m the total package

I’m sure I’ll find some nice mature rich lady who will spoil me with a nice AXMC and a ZCO optic

Guys gotta dream, right?

I cook I clean I lay the pipe… I’m the total package

I’m sure I’ll find some nice mature rich lady who will spoil me with a nice AXMC and a ZCO optic

Guys gotta dream, right?
So I bamboozled the waifu with my talents when we met back in college and it ultimately resulted in an AXSR and TT735 with her supporting me to do matches.

However I didn’t realize that she was the one bamboozling me! The bamboozler became the bamboozled! Now I cook every meal, have to balance a monthly hobby budget/stipend (life is hard), and go grocery shopping.

This injustice shall not stand! (Obviously it shall as long as the hobby money keeps coming in)

1725463306006.gif

Speaking of unfair and unjust conditions… match prep layout pic for tax:

1C0D4ABD-CBF2-4942-BFAD-5166D3C1DB0E.jpeg

#TacClassIsClassy
#TacClassHero
#WhenInDoubt175grOut
#OfficerWifeLife
#LiveLaughToasterBath
#Hashtag

Thanks, that is a great option. Since you have that, do you think that is a good option for stability for PRS with the AX and a regular gamechanger OG, or would I be better off just getting a gamechanger pint size heavy fill and just balance on that.
I did a small amount of dryfire with my pint-sized gamechanger, but it was not as stable as the regular size. I got more stability when I added the Mini Gun Plate V2.

I also spent some time really trying to find out which input was creating most of my wobble: shoulder pressure in buttstock, cheek pressure on stock, firing hand/fingers, and supporting hand/fingers. You'll just have to pay more attention to your inputs when using the AX.

Reactions: its_sean

A whole pile of those wintac keyslot weights on mine make it balance well hump-forward and also enabled me to cancel my gym membership since I get all my weight lifting in with the rifle now (y) I'm still scheming on making a "hump filler" arca extender but we'll see. FWIW I've ran the AXSR through PRS style stages on the clock and it handles just fine as long as you make it a teeny bit front heavy.

I'm pretty invested in being able to run everything and anything through/with my AXSR so my next hair-brain scheme is to have it run a 6GT barrel as well and then use my little ramp magazine adapters to make that feed. As the saying goes, I can do anything through spite, which strengthens me (y)

Reactions: jps24 and its_sean
Thanks, that is a great option. Since you have that, do you think that is a good option for stability for PRS with the AX and a regular gamechanger OG, or would I be better off just getting a gamechanger pint size heavy fill and just balance on that.
Oh boy.... Never go full prs @Krob95

92fu0u.jpg

Last edited:
Why run a garbage aics mag?
Good question sir! I have 3 of the AI 308 mags for the AXSR but got tired of the feedlip tuning and occasional issues with running shorter rounds through them.

I can build 4 of these for the price of 1 AXSR SA mag, and they'll feed pretty much anything reliably regardless of length thanks to the feedramp bridge I added. They've yet to fail me, which I can't say for the AI counterpart unfortunately.

axsr-mdt-mag.jpg

It's not for lack of magazine budget, I assure you.
magazines.jpg

Good question sir! I have 3 of the AI 308 mags for the AXSR but got tired of the feedlip tuning and occasional issues with running shorter rounds through them.

I can build 4 of these for the price of 1 AXSR SA mag, and they'll feed pretty much anything reliably regardless of length thanks to the feedramp bridge I added. They've yet to fail me, which I can't say for the AI counterpart unfortunately.

View attachment 8494846

View attachment 8494847

Did you have issues with 308 and 6.5 or br variants? That's interesting my axsr 308 mags are what run the best I think out of all my ai double stacked mags.

Reactions: M8541Reaper

View attachment 8494846

View attachment 8494847
This interests me, if only for the fact that the mags are so much slimmer. I imagine these are much easier to find pouches/mag carriers to carry for ruck matches too.

Reactions: HKSniper11B
This interests me, if only for the fact that the mags are so much slimmer. I imagine these are much easier to find pouches/mag carriers to carry for ruck matches too.
One of the best features of AI’s is the double stack mags. A 10 rounder is the same size in length as the 5 round AICS. I grabbed my buddy’s 10 round AICS 300 WM magazine the other day. Felt like I grabbed a mag for an AK

Did you have issues with 308 and 6.5 or br variants? That's interesting my axsr 308 mags are what run the best I think out of all my ai double stacked mags.
I found I had to re-tune between 308 and 6.5cm from time to time and especially on last round feeds it would nose dive every now and then and cause a failure to feed. Combined with wanting the ability to run things like a 6GT and anything else I might have a barrel spun up for on the shorter side of the house I decided to go this route.

Honestly I might just drill the chassis and plop in the AXMC adapter at some point like one of the other forum members did, but these printable adapters work well and just click onto whatever AICS pattern magazine I have laying around for whatever cartridge, and that opens up the world of choices quite a bit.

Agreed on the double stack mags though, there's no reason I couldn't make an AW version beyond just not having a pile of those laying around for myself.

Reactions: Part Timer
Hey on the mag holster topic, last month I sent my 308 and 300nm axsr magazines to Ryan and he made some awesome holsters. You can buy them at bigdogsteel now. Here’s some pics of finished product. (One holster works with both, I just put one 308 and one 300nm in so you could see what they look like.) tekloc attachment and tension adjustable. Works on 3gun style crspeed Velcro belts great. ETA and yeah I’m left handed and they’re ambi so you can run them on the other side of your belt too)

IMG_4223.jpeg
IMG_4224.jpeg
IMG_4225.jpeg
IMG_4226.jpeg

Hey on the mag holster topic, last month I sent my 308 and 300nm axsr magazines to Ryan and he made some awesome holsters. You can buy them at bigdogsteel now. Here’s some pics of finished product. (One holster works with both, I just put one 308 and one 300nm in so you could see what they look like.) tekloc attachment and tension adjustable. Works on 3gun style crspeed Velcro belts great.

View attachment 8495001View attachment 8495002View attachment 8495003View attachment 8495004
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Reactions: taliv
  • Haha
Reactions: Nik H