• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Worked like a charm. Of course it did. It wouldn’t work if I didn’t have the JB weld as backup lol

Attachments

• 9A583022-6E7D-45CC-B60E-C3FB68FCF901.jpeg
    9A583022-6E7D-45CC-B60E-C3FB68FCF901.jpeg
    372.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 551F34C9-38E1-461B-BF28-511C22F6BBC8.jpeg
    551F34C9-38E1-461B-BF28-511C22F6BBC8.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: Luvman
So I've decided to buy myself an AT for my 21st, and I'm looking into some options for the rest of the setup(any suggestions would be appreciated). The biggest issue is the optic/mount, at this point I'm set on the S&B PMii 5-25x56 and a spuhr QD mount.
But I'm getting mixed messages, does the AT have an inclined rail or not, there's a YouTube video from shot show that says it does, and a website that says it doesn't, also while I'm at it what is the most incline you can have on a spuhr (preferably QD) before a S&B PMii 5-25x56 won't give a decent zero at 100m.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
From what I'm aware of, I though all AT's came with a 20 MOA rail. I'd double check with Mile High or Euro Optic on it. Mine came with a 20 MOA rail.

With how repeatable Spuhr standard mounts are, I wouldn't spend the money QD and spend it on a good torque driver. The PMII is a fantastic optic, so is the NF ATACR, and the Kahles K624I. At that level you're splitting hairs on the optic, and it comes down to preferred reticle, and eye box size.

I'm not sure about how much MOA you can stack, but I know from the Kahles, I could go with 20 MOA on the rail, and 20 on the mount if I had to. But honestly unless you're shooting a super wild cat cartridge out passed 1600 yards, it's kind of silly to have that much adjustment on a short action rifle. 20MOA base usually gives plenty of adjustment on most high end scopes. I'm around 9 mils at 1200 yards on a 6.5 Creedmoor, and that's not even on the second revolution. I still have another 5 mils before I'm bottomed out on my scope.

So I've decided to buy myself an AT for my 21st, and I'm looking into some options for the rest of the setup(any suggestions would be appreciated). The biggest issue is the optic/mount, at this point I'm set on the S&B PMii 5-25x56 and a spuhr QD mount.
But I'm getting mixed messages, does the AT have an inclined rail or not, there's a YouTube video from shot show that says it does, and a website that says it doesn't, also while I'm at it what is the most incline you can have on a spuhr (preferably QD) before a S&B PMii 5-25x56 won't give a decent zero at 100m.
Thanks in advance.
I've seen them in both low and high. 20-40 moa total is what most use and is up to preference. I have 40 moa on two NF (had two spuhrs with 20 moa laying around) total on may AT and AX no issues here with 100 yd zero. Scope you can't go wrong with either. All about preference.
My 2 cents if you are going the AT route get the fixed stock version and buy the AX stock for it. You'll save a couple 100's on the rifle. The AX stock is 100% worth it. But again it's up to preference. Whatever you get you'll enjoy the AT.

I've seen them in both low and high. 20-40 moa total is what most use and is up to preference. I have 40 moa on two NF (had two spuhrs with 20 moa laying around) total on may AT and AX no issues here with 100 yd zero. Scope you can't go wrong with either. All about preference.
My 2 cents if you are going the AT route get the fixed stock version and buy the AX stock for it. You'll save a couple 100's on the rifle. The AX stock is 100% worth it. But again it's up to preference. Whatever you get you'll enjoy the AT.
I think I'll go with the 0MOA Spuhr, but I'm going with the folder because of the thumbhole cool factor, and the one that I've held fit me really well, thanks for the input.

Reactions: The Durk
From what I'm aware of, I though all AT's came with a 20 MOA rail. I'd double check with Mile High or Euro Optic on it. Mine came with a 20 MOA rail.

With how repeatable Spuhr standard mounts are, I wouldn't spend the money QD and spend it on a good torque driver. The PMII is a fantastic optic, so is the NF ATACR, and the Kahles K624I. At that level you're splitting hairs on the optic, and it comes down to preferred reticle, and eye box size.

I'm not sure about how much MOA you can stack, but I know from the Kahles, I could go with 20 MOA on the rail, and 20 on the mount if I had to. But honestly unless you're shooting a super wild cat cartridge out passed 1600 yards, it's kind of silly to have that much adjustment on a short action rifle. 20MOA base usually gives plenty of adjustment on most high end scopes. I'm around 9 mils at 1200 yards on a 6.5 Creedmoor, and that's not even on the second revolution. I still have another 5 mils before I'm bottomed out on my scope.
I'll likely only be shooting 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 (maybe one of the 6mms too), so no funky wildcats, but having more would just open up a few more options and won't be a hindrance later on.
Thanks

I think I'll go with the 0MOA Spuhr, but I'm going with the folder because of the thumbhole cool factor, and the one that I've held fit me really well, thanks for the input.

Yeah, I was going to say forego the AX stock and get the thumbholes.

I would also recommend going with a standard Spuhr and not the QD.

I run 20moa rail and 20moa mount and have 25 mils + of usable elevation

Yeah, I was going to say forego the AX stock and get the thumbholes.

I would also recommend going with a standard Spuhr and not the QD.

I run 20moa rail and 20moa mount and have 25 mils + of usable elevation
The main reason for looking at a QD is that I'll cut some foam for a hardcase and having a QD scope means that there is minute wasted space

Well, I wanted to get started on taking screws off the AT’s action rail, to replace my low height mount with a NV compatible high one. 3 screws came out no problem. The 4th won’t budge and now I’ve got a rounded screw head. I should have known they cranked it down at the factory because my brand new set of metric Allen’s fit loose on that bolt. Do you guys think setting my Allen key in the hole with a little JB weld, and then hit it with a torch before loosening would work?

Try a sacrificial torx bit first. Put an extension on it and gently tap it down into the stripped Allen head. It should grab enough to back it out. I’ve had to do this a few times on action and base screws.

Reactions: Trek
View attachment 7147668

left is my AX mag that came with my rifle and right is an AW mag i picked up 2nd hand to work with it. Every other genuine AI mag I have ever seen has the AI logo stamped on the bottom. Did another company also make AW mags aftermarket? Cheers

Not sure.

I recently bought a batch of AW magazines from Mile High Shooting, and they were all stamped.

Reactions: PrecisionRifleGuy
If anyone is looking for some AI barrel tenon thread protectors that are different than the rest, I designed some cool new ones for Anarchy Outdoors available now HERE. There are currently four versions, with pretty much endless possibilities for more. These are for the short action tenon M27x2 (AE/AW/AT), with a magnum tenon M30x2 (AXMC, AX338) in the works. All are 3D printed nylon, which is tough and durable, and allows the detailed designs not easily done with machined delrin like the other ones on the market. Let me know what you think!

Sam

Barrel_Chamber_Protectors.png

1568728731584.png

1568728803313.png

1568728837090.png

1568728868282.png

Last edited:
Looking for some input from anyone running a AI AT/AX in 6 Dasher. I'm considering it as my next PRS round, like a lot of folks. I wanted to get some feedback from AI owners specifically about their experience with 110 SMK's in a AI Dasher (or 115's). Mainly recommendations on smiths and barrels/reamers you used. Thanks everyone.

Looking for some input from anyone running a AI AT/AX in 6 Dasher. I'm considering it as my next PRS round, like a lot of folks. I wanted to get some feedback from AI owners specifically about their experience with 110 SMK's in a AI Dasher (or 115's). Mainly recommendations on smiths and barrels/reamers you used. Thanks everyone.
I'm also curious what/if guys are running Mag spacers and what brand?

Reactions: OzzyO20
Damn, guess a buddy and I had s* luck with them. Jammed after the 7th round every time we tried like a good number of them. On 3 AX's. Even sent them back to HRD and they had ran to the same problem. They said I should put more lube on the bolt to help out,.... yeah, that's a no from me. Dumped the BR and Dasher cause of it. Back to the 6x47L.

Had one guy said to modify the back lugs cause that's where it was catching, forcing the rounds to slowly move forward until it was nose diving. Again, that's a big F*ing no from me.

I've seen guys buy stuff to run in an AI only to see them sell their BR variant not long after. Maybe they didn't have luck either lol

Cool, accurate and consistent calibers, but I can get great numbers with the x47L too.

If it runs on your rifle, good on you. Run it....

Not sure why it varies so much...

I went with the 6BR Win Tac barrel from MHSA. I am still early in my testing, but so far so good. I ran some of the factory Lapua 6BR while I wait for McCourts 300rds.

For shits I loaded up a standard AW with 6BR about 1/2” from the rear and it fed fine.

Edit: I think @sjc929 got into 6BR also in an AX and it worked well for him

Last edited:
Damn, guess a buddy and I had s* luck with them. Jammed after the 7th round every time we tried like a good number of them. On 3 AX's. Even sent them back to HRD and they had ran to the same problem. They said I should put more lube on the bolt to help out,.... yeah, that's a no from me. Dumped the BR and Dasher cause of it. Back to the 6x47L.

Had one guy said to modify the back lugs cause that's where it was catching, forcing the rounds to slowly move forward until it was nose diving. Again, that's a big F*ing no from me.

I've seen guys buy stuff to run in an AI only to see them sell their BR variant not long after. Maybe they didn't have luck either lol

Cool, accurate and consistent calibers, but I can get great numbers with the x47L too.

Thanks for your reply this is eactly the conversation I wanted to hear about, you're not the only one I've heard negatives from.... Then I read about guys that have zero issues and it makes this soooo tempting!

Mind I ask what length freebore you were running ?

Reason I ask is I had issues with PVA spacers when I was shorter then .104” fb in my dasher, it was a weird reamer, something like .045” it was weird. Then I went to my regular reamer with .125” and jumped into the HRD after meeting Dan at a match in Dallas, it never skipped a beat. Later I found out my first reamer was and since then even my BRA at .110” has been great

This was in my AX, then i sold a dasher barrel to a buddy for his AT and his worked great as well.

Reactions: blbennett1288
I joined the club this morning after a long week of waiting, I'm impressed! After having a few AX and AT chassis for rem 700, I thought the real deal would be slicker. I went with the Elite Sand, be because that is how i live my life, elite. I am the fastest person in my house, my mom's favorite child, and I once knew a Navy SEAL. But mostly got this color because it was a very good deal and the ability to change barrels is slick! Supposedly this was only used to break in the barrel (308).

It also seems there is no first stage at this time in the trigger pull, so the I'll have to look into that until I pony up for the comp trigger. Thanks to @samb300 for letting me try yours for a shot at the last match! Your accessories will soon follow.
20190917_165007.jpg
20190917_164940.jpg

Last edited:
Mind I ask what length freebore you were running ?

Reason I ask is I had issues with PVA spacers when I was shorter then .104” fb in my dasher, it was a weird reamer, something like .045” it was weird. Then I went to my regular reamer with .125” and jumped into the HRD after meeting Dan at a match in Dallas, it never skipped a beat. Later I found out my first reamer was and since then even my BRA at .110” has been great

This was in my AX, then i sold a dasher barrel to a buddy for his AT and his worked great as well.

Dasher was .104" and BR was .113"

Yeah, I have PVA spacers but never used them since the HRD kits came out at the time

oh well, I've always got good numbers with the 6x47l, so sticking with that as I know it'll feed regardless.

Dasher was .104" and BR was .113"

Yeah, I have PVA spacers but never used them since the HRD kits came out at the time

oh well, I've always got good numbers with the 6x47l, so sticking with that as I know it'll feed regardless.

What kind of barrel life are you getting in the 6x47? I've never had a single feeding issue with my 6XC in my AT, and don't necessarily want to start.

I'm trying to sell my 6xc AI barrel, mainly cause of the lack of Lapua brass. 6x47 is bad close to 6 Dasher as far as my interests are concerned.

Reactions: Cody S