• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

A little RAL8000 on some old skins really makes it pop ?. I haven’t been able to shoot much since July, so static photos are all I have to offer since I got my 16.5” Proof .308 back from Mark at Accurate Ordnance.

View attachment 7147265
What kind of accuracy are you seeing from the cf barrel? That is the exact setup that I will be putting together on my at. Will soon have a voodoo with the same barrel in an aiax stock to go with it.

What kind of accuracy are you seeing from the cf barrel? That is the exact setup that I will be putting together on my at. Will soon have a voodoo with the same barrel in an aiax stock to go with it.

I shot this barrel for the first time a few weeks ago. No cleaning or break in routine. Boresight, 100yd zero, then ragged hole group in typical AI fashion. after about 40 rounds the barrel sped up and settled in at 2480fps with 175gr FGMM factory ammo. I'll say it shoots pretty dang good for such a shorty. We built a dope chart out to 1k. The drops followed my charts out to 700, then it started to fall off needing 12.5 mils at 1k.

Also note this is not a Proof prefit, It was a 16.5" blank that I had chambered by Accurate Ordnance.

I shot this barrel for the first time a few weeks ago. No cleaning or break in routine. Boresight, 100yd zero, then ragged hole group in typical AI fashion. after about 40 rounds the barrel sped up and settled in at 2480fps with 175gr FGMM factory ammo. I'll say it shoots pretty dang good for such a shorty. We built a dope chart out to 1k. The drops followed my charts out to 700, then it started to fall off needing 12.5 mils at 1k.

Also note this is not a Proof prefit, It was a 16.5" blank that I had chambered by Accurate Ordnance.

You might try the 185 Juggernaut FGMM in that barrel. It runs 2527 from my 18” barrel and was 10.3mils to 1K at 1300 ASL and 90*F.

ETA: I have only chronoed 4rds but they had an SD of 2.2fps and ES of 5fps Over a magnetospeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: blbennett1288
In 2017 I attended the innaugral Australian PRS event in Mildura, Victoria and was lucky enough to walk away with a Bartlein HV barrel blank in .264 . Well now I've got an AX I have a rifle worthy of the barrel. I had it spun up into a 6.5 creedmoor. Definitely better than the 308 I was running for PRS. Brake is a Terminator TT for those wondering too.
20191006_144936.jpg

I was finally able to shoot this past 200y today and clang some steel. After running my department through firearms training, I was able to sneak out to 600y. Even with $12.50 a box ammo, ... WOW!. My first outing with it at 100y was abysmal and frustrating, but attributed that to a loose bipod and since had some more time dry firing to get use to the trigger. 85° in the last day of September in Wisconsin... what a wired place to live.

View attachment 7156425
Is that an issued Rifle? If so I need to get on my admin about upgrading!!!!!

Reactions: bb505
Yes. 24" 6.5 cm. think it's an aina barrel would have to check. It is a little slow compared to a 26" r700 sac bartlien and a 26" DT factory barrel.

Edit
All with hornady 140 AG
AI: pretty new barrel
image.jpg

DT: probably 500 plus rounds
image.jpg

SAC: with 700 plus rounds
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: blbennett1288
Yes. 24" 6.5 cm. think it's an aina barrel would have to check. It is a little slow compared to a 26" r700 sac bartlien and a 26" DT factory barrel.

Edit
All with hornady 140 AG
AI: pretty new barrel
View attachment 7159406
DT: probably 500 plus rounds
View attachment 7159407
SAC: with 700 plus rounds
View attachment 7159408

Thanks, I ordered a TBAC 338 Ultra for my AX and it is only ~1” longer than the Ultra 9, so I was looking for an OAL comparison.

That’s pretty slow. My factory AI6.5CM gets 2890fps with 140gr Berger VLDs. Either factory Berger ammo or McCourts reloads.

My factory tube us running 2765 with my hand loads and 140 hybrids....the factory Berger load runs the same dope but maybe a tenth flatter. Same zero though. I've always thought that barrel was on the slow side but its accurate and consistent so I'm fine with it.

Reactions: deersniper
Every pic I've seen of the forends has the short pic rail on top, is it a bolt on or is it machined in? Basically, can it be ran without it?

I want to see the gold rail on a sage gun, not sure how it'll look.

Every pic I've seen of the forends has the short pic rail on top, is it a bolt on or is it machined in? Basically, can it be ran without it?

I want to see the gold rail on a sage gun, not sure how it'll look.

On the AX HR1 the top picatinny rail is an optional accessory- it's made by Maxim and super easy to install. Just takes a few seconds with an allen key.

_MG_0324 (1).jpg
_MG_0303.jpg

Reactions: Sixfivesavage
My AI got a little update. I put the 308 barrel back on for now, going to run a case of 175s through it to get some practice with recoil management and bolt manipulations. The AMG is amazing, epic glass, light weight, great turrets, wow. With my Gen2 Razor and beefy 6.5CM barrel on it, the rifle weighed 18.5 pounds. Its down to 16 right now, and I plan on buying a Proof at some point.

Attachments

• eRWUiZ4.jpg
    eRWUiZ4.jpg
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 172
Added some new attachments. Accessory rail mounting kit, accessory rail for predator hunting light, 20MOA tall action rail, RRS arca rail, and gray ops mag cut plate. Last officials PRS match of the year, this weekend. It’s time to tool up for hunting season!View attachment 7162260View attachment 7162259

Here's a good review of an AT just like yours if you're interested in watching. ;)

Nothing really special but I was out at Quantico Friday for a Range 1 fun shoot that's held every other week. I confirmed zero with the Berger 140s (suppressed and un-suppresed) on some small poppers and clay birds they put out at the rear berm at 300y. I thought the poppers were resetting but nope, I knocked them down and they didn't pop back up. :oops: Picture fails to show the pale brown .260 master race. :)

IMG_2522-1120603.jpg

Reactions: aam and SHFoG(x)