• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

AR15 with 90 grain berger at 2905 fps, impossible? Not so much.

Please pm or email me with any questions about this. Young Manufacturing is gonna be stocking this stuff but please do not email or call him about it. He is asking you to email me and I will create a backorder list. Thanks

Any pressure-testing data, like a strain gauge at least?

I really like the 75gr A-MAX, and got turned onto it when a guy showed up to one of my DM courses with it in .223 Wylde, 16" barrel. Amazing little bullet.

I don't give much consideration to primer signs, since they are an unreliable method of determining pressure. Some primers won't show signs until 70,000psi, while others will show at 50,000psi.

Cup hardness, thickness, and materials consistency are huge factors in that regard, and we just went through a frenzy in ammunition component manufacturing last year.

Last edited:
Any pressure-testing data, like a strain gauge at least?

I really like the 75gr A-MAX, and got turned onto it when a guy showed up to one of my DM courses with it in .223 Wylde, 16" barrel. Amazing little bullet.

I don't give much consideration to primer signs, since they are an unreliable method of determining pressure. Some primers won't show signs until 70,000psi, while others will show at 50,000psi.

Cup hardness, thickness, and materials consistency are huge factors in that regard, and we just went through a frenzy in ammunition component manufacturing last year.

Got raw data for pressure. Max chamber pressure was 52,000 with pressure trace 2.

Pics of recently completed 20".

and
I am very interested in who is building these rifles / uppers and where can they be found? Anyone making a piston version for those of us who like to "run clean"? Also interested in dies, brass and any info on shooting the lighter weight bullets (m855 62 grain penetrators, etc.) including varmint bullets. What's your max speed out of those? Thanks!

Just saw this and find it very interesting. I wonder how this cartridge would perform with LWRC's SIX8 receiver sets (probably in a DI configuration as I don't believe rifle length piston parts are available) which allows a COAL of 2.32" using Magpul magazines.