CZ 457

Gen2's are available in black! https://mdttac.com/acc-chassis-system/

Capture.JPG

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
Do you know if you can buy/use the Elite Buttstock on the premier gen 2?

Thinking of taking a 20.5" Varmit and dropping it into a ACC premier 2 body with ACC elite butstock?

It looks like the same interface. I don't see why MDT would have changed their buttstock mounting system on this vs the ACC Gen 1 and Elite. Looks like their normal XTN Interface. I'm sure @MDT_Josh / @MDT_OFFICIAL could confirm. You would need the MDT Vertical Grip - Premier With Connector Bar to use the Connector Bar obviously. You would also lose the weight savings of the lighter rear in doing this though.

1724185841536.png

1724185833597.png

Reactions: MDT_Josh
I spoke to Josh Mdt and he confirmed these should work together

ACC Premeir Gen2 Chassis (Buy from MDT or whoever)
ACC Elite Buttstock from Europtic
Elite Connecting Bar, Gen 2 Weights, Adjustable Mag Catch
CZ Varmint MTR, A419 scope mount, few mags, Timney Trigger

Sell the MTR Stock and the ACC Premier Gen 2 Stock

For less than $2500 (with discount codes/prs/ect) You can have a CZ MTR with a Timney in a ACC Elite Chassis ready to add scope and go to work.

I spoke to Josh Mdt and he confirmed these should work together

ACC Premeir Gen2 Chassis (Buy from MDT or whoever)
ACC Elite Buttstock from Europtic
Elite Connecting Bar, Gen 2 Weights, Adjustable Mag Catch
CZ Varmint MTR, A419 scope mount, few mags, Timney Trigger

Sell the MTR Stock and the ACC Premier Gen 2 Stock

For less than $2500 (with discount codes/prs/ect) You can have a CZ MTR with a Timney in a ACC Elite Chassis ready to add scope and go to work.

Sounds like a sweet setup. The MTR barrel is going to look comically skinny in that chassis, but it should work great. You'll definitely want some weights for balance until you can get a fatter barrel. Fortunately there are a lot more options these days than there used to be.

You could also just get a cheap 457 (synthetic or something) and just get an aftermarket barrel to start off. But you'll have to wait a few weeks for almost any good barrel.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
It looks like the same interface. I don't see why MDT would have changed their buttstock mounting system on this vs the ACC Gen 1 and Elite. Looks like their normal XTN Interface. I'm sure @MDT_Josh / @MDT_OFFICIAL could confirm. You would need the MDT Vertical Grip - Premier With Connector Bar to use the Connector Bar obviously. You would also lose the weight savings of the lighter rear in doing this though.

View attachment 8484135
View attachment 8484134
Can confirm, this is our XTN interface and we wanted to retain the features to ensure that our SRS-X Elite buttstock and Elite Grip with connector bar would work!

Do you know if you can buy/use the Elite Buttstock on the premier gen 2?

Thinking of taking a 20.5" Varmit and dropping it into a ACC premier 2 body with ACC elite butstock?
Yep, the SRS-X Elite buttstock will fit on the Premier Gen2.

-Paige

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
Well lesson learned with my 457. Accuracy started getting worse over the last 500 rounds or so. It might be good for a couple of 10 shot strings, but then groups would open back up. Thought maybe it was my ammo...had been running mostly Tac 22 and SK HV Match, but broke into a new lot of the Tac so thought that might be it. Tried some fancy stuff...Center X, Tenex and SK Match. Results were pretty ho hum

I had been following the barrel seasoning methodology and only using C4 to clean the barrel since day 1. I use a silicone plug, stuff it in the chamber, close the bolt, put an aluminum rod in the bore and fill it with C4 for a couple of days, then patch it out. Run a couple of dry patches, then a few wet, a few dry, etc until clean.

CZ bores are tight, and my 22 cal rod was no exception. So I would use my CF .17 cal rod to clean...that's basically what started my trouble unbeknownst to me. Because I was using that rod, I had to use a .20 cal jag b/c I didn't have an adapter to use the .22 cal jag. Didn't figure it was a big deal since the bore was tight and didn't want to force it. So after this last range trip I finally got the adapter and tried the .22 cal jag. Did the whole soak thing, but with the 22 cal jag, patches just never stopped being dirty. After awhile it felt like I wasn't gaining so I did another soak for a couple of days, patched it out with the 22 cal jag again and same thing...endless dirty patches. 3rd soak...same thing. WTF. Stuck the bore scope down there and it was patchy as hell with carbon. Could see metal in some spots, fouling everywhere else. So I tried various solvents, including CLR against my better judgement, tons of dirty patches, but no major gains on the scope. Finally got some JB Bore Brite and took it back down to bare metal.

Apparently the 20 cal jag wasn't tight enough to actually remove the carbon fouling from previous cleanings and it just kept building. I always scoped it after cleaning, but for no particular reason I always scoped it after I ran my last patch with oil down it for storage. So all that fouling looked shiny and I just assumed it was seasoning.

Hoping to get it out to the range next week and see if it shoots better or if I fucked it up good with the JB. Worst case, I ordered one of those L3i drop in barrels, not because of this, but because why not for $330. I'll probably just abandon the seasoning method and just take it back down to metal with a rimfire blend from here on out.

Dimefox, Did you ever use a brush along with the C4 ? I just run a nylon brush thru a few times - 5 or more 'round trips' - and all but the Carbon ting comes out quickly, no need for repeated 'soaks'. The C-ring in the Leade does need soaking for 1/2 hour or more and even a brass brush Just in that area. And after that routine I run 90% Alcohol patches to remove all the solvent, then Mobil-1 patch to lube for storage. I save oil after an change by inverting the gal-jug over a container for a day or so, and get 1-2 oz. My boss at Shell station in the 60s would save oil from cans and every day or two got a 'free' oil change - which he would charge Full price for. Bent ethics but good knowledge. A Bar manager I knew also did that with 'last of the bottle' of whiskies -it was OK in a mix, HA !

Dimefox, Did you ever use a brush along with the C4 ? I just run a nylon brush thru a few times - 5 or more 'round trips' - and all but the Carbon ting comes out quickly, no need for repeated 'soaks'. The C-ring in the Leade does need soaking for 1/2 hour or more and even a brass brush Just in that area. And after that routine I run 90% Alcohol patches to remove all the solvent, then Mobil-1 patch to lube for storage. I save oil after an change by inverting the gal-jug over a container for a day or so, and get 1-2 oz. My boss at Shell station in the 60s would save oil from cans and every day or two got a 'free' oil change - which he would charge Full price for. Bent ethics but good knowledge. A Bar manager I knew also did that with 'last of the bottle' of whiskies -it was OK in a mix, HA !
I only brushed sparingly until I got the 5-40 to 8-32 adapter. I only had a 22 cal brush that would fit the 22 cal rod. Normally every cleaning cycle I'd ginger careful pass it through the bore a couple of times, but given how tight it was I wouldn't make a lot of passes or be aggressive. I kept thinking I needed to get the adapter or something different so I could use a brush, but I normally forgot once I was out of the basement. It wasn't until I got the adapter that I could brush, and at that point it was too far fouled.