• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Food riots thread…and energy.

Details starting to emerge that the US gov may have caused the formula shortage.

Exactly when Gates announces that he is funding a new company to make super expensive genetically engineered "baby milk"...

This IS a planned event.

Buy stocks in vaccine companies .... pandemic arrives
Buy up tons of farmland... food shortages arrive
Start up a company for engineered baby milk... formula shortages show up

Meanwhile the FDA refuses to say why they keep the formula plant shut down even though it's been proven no contamination came from there and there was no problem with products produced there or the facility...

The only upside is that a lot of democrat voting women voted for Xiden and they are probably the most likely to use formula (if they haven't killed their babies first) so getting what they voted for.

Then all the welfare types who voted Xiden for extra benefits, well good luck with that..

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Exactly when Gates announces that he is funding a new company to make super expensive genetically engineered "baby milk"...

This IS a planned event.

Buy stocks in vaccine companies .... pandemic arrives
Buy up tons of farmland... food shortages arrive
Start up a company for engineered baby milk... formula shortages show up

Meanwhile the FDA refuses to say why they keep the formula plant shut down even though it's been proven no contamination came from there and there was no problem with products produced there or the facility...
Just like the mRNA vaccine...would they really want genetically altered milk from a human tissue cell line? Not real willingly, unless there was no alternative.

India ( 8th largest exporter ) bans all wheat exports.

Bfc posted this above.
Looking at some different Wheat commodity charts this evening. depending on the info and chart, it is appearing that wheat is trading at it's highest level ever. Seeing the last for the day at 437 / USc per Ton. projected to go higher... Depending on conditions.

Just a personal experience today. I have been canning meat recently. Today a local grocery store had some pork, ribs with some small bones on sale. I figured I could just chunk it up and it would be good to slo cook over night and can in the morning. By the time I went through a large pack of meat and cut the chunks off and got them in the pot, I only got about 50% of the meat chunked. The rest was fat, gristle, bone and nothing I would want to eat...
Moral of this story... Not only is meat getting more expensive, the quality of meat in the stores is going down hill fast.

Just a personal experience today. I have been canning meat recently. Today a local grocery store had some pork, ribs with some small bones on sale. I figured I could just chunk it up and it would be good to slo cook over night and can in the morning. By the time I went through a large pack of meat and cut the chunks off and got them in the pot, I only got about 50% of the meat chunked. The rest was fat, gristle, bone and nothing I would want to eat...
Moral of this story... Not only is meat getting more expensive, the quality of meat in the stores is going down hill fast.
Pork ribs have always been mostly fat and bone, from farm raised pigs. Wild pigs don't make enough fat in that area to make some proper bacon. You don't want fat and bone, choose boneless lean cuts.

Pork ribs have always been mostly fat and bone, from farm raised pigs. Wild pigs don't make enough fat in that area to make some proper bacon. You don't want fat and bone, choose boneless lean cuts.
I agree.... Got some lean pork at Costco last week..... Paid through the nose.... Canned up nicely... You get what you pay for..... "Deals" are gettin' harder to find, on anything.

Reactions: Redheeler
I'd tend to be of the opposite opinion; if one expects the monetary system to fail, invest as many available assets as possible into insulating oneself from that failed system. To that end, I could see potentially leveraging other assets into getting into a better spot if housing is currently not optimal, but paying more money to stay in the same house just doesn't add up for me.

I'd be happy to hear arguments to the contrary, but I don't expect the banks to send foreclosure notices when you're bringing your wheelbarrow full of money to buy groceries.
I think if you go back to the great depression you will find a lot of people got kicked to the curb and packed their crap to go looking for work. The grapes of wrath comes to mind. People flocked to California looking for work as field labor. My family did then stopped halfway back and spread out among arkansas, Texas and Oklahoma.

I think if you go back to the great depression you will find a lot of people got kicked to the curb and packed their crap to go looking for work. The grapes of wrath comes to mind. People flocked to California looking for work as field labor. My family did then stopped halfway back and spread out among arkansas, Texas and Oklahoma.
This. Go and take a look at the pics from those days. Those families migrated wherever the work was and ate anything. That's different than today as there was no welfare to speak of and people had to do what was necessary, and that was fairly common due to the need to survive. I wonder how it would play out today. I perceive that more people would turn to crime to get their needs met and vote for more benefits than default to working at whatever is required. And there are more people in the mix now.

This. Go and take a look at the pics from those days. Those families migrated wherever the work was and ate anything. That's different than today as there was no welfare to speak of and people had to do what was necessary, and that was fairly common due to the need to survive. I wonder how it would play out today. I perceive that more people would turn to crime to get their needs met and vote for more benefits than default to working at whatever is required. And there are more people in the mix now.
And, what you have described is why this recession is different than those in the past..... We now have a different "culture".... A culture that is dumber, weaker and much less likely to survive the collapse.

Chicago wheat futures eased to $12.2 per bushel after India announced it will relax some of its restrictions on wheat exports. The move backtracked the previous decision to ban exports to guarantee domestic food security, which sent wheat futures near the 12-year high of $12.8 hit in March, as surging prices incentivized traders to sell wheat to the private export market instead of government food welfare programs. Meanwhile, the USDA’s world supply and demand report showed a supply in the US in the 2022/23 marketing year is set to be 3% lower while export levels are projected to be the lowest since 1971/72. Also, the war in Ukraine is expected to cut the country’s production by 35% yearly to 21.5 million tons. Wheat prices are 44% higher than before the Russian invasion, as interrupted exports from the Black Sea significantly reduced world supply and ending stock projections. Before the invasion, Ukraine and Russia were responsible for 30% of world exports.​

And, what you have described is why this recession is different than those in the past..... We now have a different "culture".... A culture that is dumber, weaker and much less likely to survive the collapse.
8acf9f9e5e8c1a082c5bf52b38070503.jpg

I agree.... Got some lean pork at Costco last week..... Paid through the nose.... Canned up nicely... You get what you pay for..... "Deals" are gettin' harder to find, on anything.
I love clearance shopping at my local Kroger and have saved a lot of money doing it. These days the clearanced items are all double in price, there are a lot less of them, and the people that would normally roll their eyes at me and make some comment about me being a poor now beat me to the dented cans.

Reactions: NoDopes
I love clearance shopping at my local Kroger and have saved a lot of money doing it. These days the clearanced items are all double in price, there are a lot less of them, and the people that would normally roll their eyes at me and make some comment about me being a poor now beat me to the dented cans.
I'm seeing the same thing... In the old days the butcher's would go to work early and those mark down's were there for the early bird shoppers to claim... Now, those mark down's show up around 10 - 11 am and are just random's... A sign of the times to come.

It's not random. It's based on sell-by date. A regular employee walks around and scans items and if they qualify, it prints out a clearance sticker. At Kroger, they used to be called "manager specials". The time that employee is sent out varies by store. I have three Kroger stores within 10min drive and pretty much know when each store marks stuff down. Been doing it for several years, it's nothing new, and only buy marked-down meats, also their bagged salads.

Where I live we dont have Kroger but we have what is basically the same thing. That store has some incredible prices on meat but it is very much timing. My mother is retired and shops there. Often times I tell her that if she sees steals on steak or beef to pick them up for me. She goes to the store midday which is usually when you can find those deals. By 5 when I get off work they are long gone. I hate that particular grocery store with a passion so that makes it even better lol. That place is a shit show.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
It's not random. It's based on sell-by date. A regular employee walks around and scans items and if they qualify, it prints out a clearance sticker. At Kroger, they used to be called "manager specials". The time that employee is sent out varies by store. I have three Kroger stores within 10min drive and pretty much know when each store marks stuff down. Been doing it for several years, it's nothing new, and only buy marked-down meats, also their bagged salads.
No scanners and print outs in small town grocery stores... suspect what is outdated today is ground meat tomorrow... Just a hunch. Just like Costco packaging "Rotissiree Chicken Meat"........ That is the chickens that did not sell yesterday.

The markdowns depend on the store manager and how much they received. I can't swear to it but the guys I have gotten to know at the store told me that the markdowns are a mix of stuff close to expiration date and also items they have received to much of. From what they have said Kroger has a central ordering system and sends x amount of products to each store. If they don't have the room they have to clearance them out and move them along. Kroger around me has installed a extra shelf for overflow to limit how much is being clearanced out. A couple of weeks ago my Kroger had a diaper sale and they received a ton of diapers. The store already had a full shelf and they marked all of it down by 50% and put it in baskets by the front to get rid of it. But you are right if I'm not working from home and run up to grab a sandwich or the crappy sushi I would miss all of it by the time I get out of the office. A couple of months ago they received 4 pallets of elbow noodles and had to room for them so they sold them for a .25 a box. We donated so many to the churches food bank they asked to stop lol. But now the same pasta here is close to $3.00 a box.

From what they have said Kroger has a central ordering system and sends x amount of products to each store. If they don't have the room they have to clearance them out and move them along.
That is truth.

I had a friend (she just became too annoying to deal with) that worked at a store.

I don't remember if it was last year or the year before but they got way more ham than they had space for before Thanksgiving, so they were clearing it out well before the sell-by date for a fraction of the normal cost. I bought one and I don't even care much for ham. I stil have some vacuum packed and frozen.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I’ll post this here.

Now usually I would just discount this as insanity and conspiracy gone wild but with how things are going.

Before I post it I’ll let you know I have not heard it from a very credible source but many smaller sources.

Anyone hearing talk about monkey pox, smallpox and new smallpox oral treatment ( why is this needed when the disease is only in labs and no longer in the wild) going around in any news feeds?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/1st-monkeypox-case-us-reported-204413299.html

Last edited:
I’ll post this here.

Now usually I would just discount this as insanity and conspiracy gone wild but with how things are going.

Before I post it I’ll let you know I have not heard it from a very credible source but many smaller sources.

Anyone hearing talk about monkey pox, smallpox and new smallpox oral treatment ( why is this needed when the disease is only in labs and no longer in the wild) going around in any news feeds?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/1st-monkeypox-case-us-reported-204413299.html
Thanks for posting...

Connect the dots:
The first human case of monkeypox was recorded in 1970 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) during a period of intensified effort to eliminate smallpox.

They are creating one more Boogey Man...