• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Food riots thread…and energy.

I sense a near future Fertilizer Plant Explosion on the horizon, to ease that fear of market price drop .

From the article:
“Farmers have the expectation that prices will keep falling after declines last week and in the previous one,” she said. “So they’ll wait for further decreases to buy.”

I would guess the majority of those crops will be sold on the futures markets. Turning into a "number's game" as to how much fertilizer a farmer can afford. If farmers buy less fertilizer, due to high prices, the crop output will be less... This also could run the prices of food commodities up.

1654719992631.png

One more example of "Legislation" without common sense. Seems to be a world wide movement to cut down on food production.

Food as a weapon..... Heating up
TAIPEI, June 11 (Reuters) - Taiwan's government threatened to take Beijing to the World Trade Organization on Saturday after China suspended the import of grouper fish from the island saying it had detected banned chemicals, the latest agricultural spat between the two.
Last year China suspended imports of pineapples, sugar apples and wax apples from Taiwan, citing concerns about pests, which Taiwan strongly denied.
Relations between Taipei and Beijing, which claims democratically ruled Taiwan as its own territory, are at their lowest in decades, with China increasing political and military pressure to get the island to accept its sovereignty.

UK Govt Launching ‘Grow for Britain’ Strategy as Food Crisis Looms
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...-grow-for-britain-strategy-food-crisis-looms/

If we do a simple victory garden program in the US We can grow a surplus of food for our nation the likes of which most countries would die for.

Even in the old Soviet Union the tiny half hectar private food plots that were allowed in rural areas were the most efficient segment of communist agriculture.

We have no excuse for a food shortage in America for Americans. All we have to do is grow small Gardens.

England apparently remembers its history.

As for the rest of the world? Fuck them and let them starve. They have dirt too. They just don’t have the motivation to turn into a garden.

Decades of free cheese and Western aid have turned them into a bunch of lazy sloths. If we’d actually let them build their own economies instead of thinking that they could only survive with our UNICEF boxes and free millet, they would be self-sufficient by now. Let them fucking die.

Sirhr

Decades of free cheese and Western aid have turned them into a bunch of lazy sloths. If we’d actually let them build their own economies instead of thinking that they could only survive with our UNICEF boxes and free millet, they would be self-sufficient by now. Let them fucking die.

Sirhr

I wouldn't call them lazy sloths, instead what the Western Imperialistic do-gooders wound up doing was destroying the complex economic structure that is needed to have self sufficient food production.

Farmers can't compete with free food.
Middle men and store keepers can't compete with free food

The Western guys make deals with the warlord led governments for "aid" which then becomes the corrupt government taking control of the food supply and using it for power and control and then everybody else gets pushed out.

It's a trap that once you get into, it's very hard to get out of. The Western Imperialists like it because it gives them power over the poor countries, no more food aid or discounted bulk food, well your government and country collapse into starvation, so best keep doing what the Corporations want...
Local warlords like it because food = power and they aren't exactly long term planners.

Much like how many folks malign those on welfare and government assistance here, but fail to understand the hurdles that have been placed in the way of becoming self sufficient or having a complete family.

You can't plan to pour everything you own into the ground and hope for a decent return when you just got wiped out by free food being given away to all your customers.

Just like it's a bit hard for low skilled folks with dubious records to suddenly replace all of $80k + of income if they want to have a family and support themselves.

UK Govt Launching ‘Grow for Britain’ Strategy as Food Crisis Looms
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...-grow-for-britain-strategy-food-crisis-looms/

If we do a simple victory garden program in the US We can grow a surplus of food for our nation the likes of which most countries would die for.

Even in the old Soviet Union the tiny half hectar private food plots that were allowed in rural areas were the most efficient segment of communist agriculture.

We have no excuse for a food shortage in America for Americans. All we have to do is grow small Gardens.

England apparently remembers its history.

As for the rest of the world? Fuck them and let them starve. They have dirt too. They just don’t have the motivation to turn into a garden.

Sirhr
I like your line of thinking. I have challenged some here to just go get a 5 gallon plastic bucket, a bag of potting soil and a packet of seeds and try to grow "SOMETHING"... If they have a yard then do the "One Square Foot" raised bed. Both would be a learning experience.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
One squash plant will feed a neighborhood.
We have started a meager garden and are trying to return to the ways of my grandparents. I grew up spending summers on a small farm where my grandparents raised livestock and had a moderate garden. With memories of the depression as small children they had come forward with root cellars, lots of canning, and plenty of self-sufficiency. I started shifting gears back to canning, growing, mulch piles, etc. in the suburbs. By the time I was ready to escape back to the country prices had gotten goofy for land. Hopefully someday I can get back out there.

For my money I think okra is the craziest thing I grow. There is always okra to be picked if it is in season. Cherry tomatoes are the second most plentiful. My wife is doing a hell of a job dehydrating everything that can be done as she works from home. That at least has worked out for the better.

I just counted.
19 zucchini plants this year :(
You know I'll be pulling at least a 5 gallon bucket full every other day....and probably more.
Once they start coming in, everyone I know will be sick of zucchini in 2 weeks.

I just counted.
19 zucchini plants this year :(
You know I'll be pulling at least a 5 gallon bucket full every other day....and probably more.
Once they start coming in, everyone I know will be sick of zucchini in 2 weeks.
I think that this Will Produce one solar mass of nasty veggie no one wants!

Sirhr

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
The domino's are falling.
“We need to monitor rice prices going forward, because rising wheat prices could lead to some substitution towards rice, increasing demand and lowering existing stocks,” said Sonal Varma, chief economist at Japanese bank Nomura.

Last edited:
Rice isn't much of a problem here, it grows wild all over the south.
The problem.... people are too stupid to know what it is, and too stupid to harvest it.

My biggest worry is that they will start diverting food grain to make ethanol to augment Slowped Joes mandate for higher ethanol content in fuel.
That could become a serious issue....because democraps.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
My friends in Texas are telling me about all the black Angus cattle dying.... another bad deal.

It's hot and humid in Texas no doubt right now, but it's not "historically" hot for this time.
I don't recall big dying events being publicized for cattle back some years ago when it was a bit hotter.

What are the chances somebody purposely contaminated the feed that was getting sent out across the country to destroy our food production?
Chinese Commies or our own CCP paid off "citizens" and "leaders"?

It's hot and humid in Texas no doubt right now, but it's not "historically" hot for this time.
I don't recall big dying events being publicized for cattle back some years ago when it was a bit hotter.

What are the chances somebody purposely contaminated the feed that was getting sent out across the country to destroy our food production?
Chinese Commies or our own CCP paid off "citizens" and "leaders"?

They do fine up to 100 as long as they have water/fresh feed and shade...

Bullshit.
I'm in Kansas, and although it's hot, it's not unusual hot.
It gets this warm every year.
I have heard nothing about cattle dying and I have 9 pregnant cows in a field about 50 yards from where I sit right now.
Nothing unusual to mention, they are just fine and should bear about Sept/Oct.

Maybe the water and shade was lacking, that is very possible.
In phoenix where it is routine to hit 110+ ive seen cattle in the flat land where there is little to no shade. They are kinda skinny, for cows, but they are living off a desert, they don’t drop or the rancher would move/sell them before hand. Im calling bs on the reasoning. Sounds made up by a shill for “climate change”.

Reactions: MadDuner