• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Fuck me school shooting in Texas

And speaking of doctrine, this is going to be a catalyst into new training and doctrine.

Most all active shooters don’t end up barricaded. They typically move until they are stopped. Be it someone else stopping them, or suicide.

This is going to be the time for training discussions and if something like “once an active shooter, always an active shooter.”

IE, once they start or cross that active shooter line, no matter what, treat it as an active shooter.

As now, copycats may try to stop shooting and act as if they want to make demands and such.

But, in all the training I have taken or seen, it hasn’t touched on what happens when the situation is basically flipped.
Dumb fucks still learning since Columbine.

My last training was the answer.

Stop on the way, put your armor on, get the rifle along your right leg from its stupid mount in the cargo bay.

When you arrive on scene run to the sound of gunfire.

It is the only tactics you can train your average patrol officer, cause the diamond and all that shit is lost in scheduling details to work.

Absolute brute force.

The only reason the tactical team should ever come in to play is because the local department and barracks are all dead.

Each one of those dead guys is a kid saved.

If one of these shooters is ever trained cops will die by the dozens…..like I said each will be a bullet not aimed at a kid.

Get some balls now.

I can tell already you haven’t thought this through.

Spears gets it…..

As I understand it the state is going to look at it, I'd be fucking shocked if the feds didn't, it's certainly going to be dissected and analyzed to hell and gone to prevent it from happening again... too high profile not to be.

I'll wait for that, not a bunch of over emotional children ranting about what they would have done after watching the fucking news that we've all been calling FAKE for the last two and a half years over Covid.

But now cause kids are dead suddenly the media is trustworthy again. Y'all are fucking stupid if you believe that.

Just told a former coworker law enforcement got killed by a school shooter this week.

Reactions: wade2big
...What if...

Boy those 2 words can get dangerous

The facts are that he was hiding in a classroom closet. After the door was breached, he didn't go for any kids (if any were still alive), he went for the cops. Now what would have happened 30 minutes earlier is the cops would have still killed him, but they could have found a few kids still alive. Either way they lose nothing by not going in 30-45 minutes earlier.

In these situations, you DON'T error on the side of caution.

This situation also proves that 2 times a year is not enough training for a situation like this. This goes for command as well as for the boots on the ground.

Their training was to flood the school with officers, not to stand down. That's a command error. The officers errored by not doing what their training taught them and not worry about the chief's commands who must have been absent the day of the training.

And speaking of doctrine, this is going to be a catalyst into new training and doctrine.

Most all active shooters don’t end up barricaded. They typically move until they are stopped. Be it someone else stopping them, or suicide.

This is going to be the time for training discussions and if something like “once an active shooter, always an active shooter.”

IE, once they start or cross that active shooter line, no matter what, treat it as an active shooter.

As now, copycats may try to stop shooting and act as if they want to make demands and such.

But, in all the training I have taken or seen, it hasn’t touched on what happens when the situation is basically flipped.

Anybody can play armchair quarterback just like me, except in a couple of years Columbine will have been 30 years ago. 30 years of standing with the blue while watching their incompetence erode my rights. Haven't figured it the fuck out yet? Need more training? Pathetic.

Dumb fucks still learning since Columbine.

My last training was the answer.

Stop on the way, put your armor on, get the rifle along your right leg from its stupid mount in the cargo bay.

When you arrive on scene run to the sound of gunfire.

It is the only tactics you can train your average patrol officer, cause the diamond and all that shit is lost in scheduling details to work.

Absolute brute force.

The only reason the tactical team should ever come in to play is because the local department and barracks are all dead.

Each one of those dead guys is a kid saved.

If one of these shooters is ever trained cops will die by the dozens…..like I said each will be a bullet not aimed at a kid.

Get some balls now.

I can tell already you haven’t thought this through.

Spears gets it…..

Apply for a job, or run for Sherrif somewhere.

Stop complaining in the bear pit and fix what you feel is broken.

• Haha
Reactions: pmclaine
Yea, that’s what happens when people want information immediately. You get the telephone game.

There were people on the scene that would describe it completely different from what they saw.

You people (society) created this information problem. You demand info before it’s reliable.

Then you complain when more reliable info is released because it’s different.

Apologize much????

Anybody can play armchair quarterback just like me, except in a couple of years Columbine will have been 30 years ago. 30 years of standing with the blue while watching their incompetence erode my rights. Haven't figured it the fuck out yet? Need more training? Pathetic.

Columbine was what changed doctrine from waiting. And that doctrine has obviously helped.

Now we have a situation in which the timing was not good. A situation changed before the subject was taken down.

Now we have another situation which will change doctrine. We will have a discussion on what to do if the situation happens again.

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
Apply for a job, or run for Sherrif somewhere.

Stop complaining in the bear pit and fix what you feel is broken.
Maybe you parasites can stop disarming the people who pay your checks.

Wouldn’t have any more of these shootings if theee was nationwide constitutional carry with no gun free free fire zones

Reactions: TexPatriot
I can’t have a discussion with faulty logic and conspiracies.

That’s the same logic of saying criminals don’t follow laws, but that he needs a job to buy the guns.

As I said, all it takes is an application. Come show us and everyone how it’s done.
If my kid were trapped in that slaughterhouse and you were posturing in tac gear outside with no intentions of doing your job to stop the carnage, I'd show you how stupid a decision it is on your part to try and stop a parent from trying to save their child's life.

Other than that, if you have to be taught to either lead, follow or get the fuck out of the way, I'm not wasting my time showing you shit.

The facts are that he was hiding in a classroom closet. After the door was breached, he didn't go for any kids (if any were still alive), he went for the cops. Now what would have happened 30 minutes earlier is the cops would have still killed him, but they could have found a few kids still alive. Either way they lose nothing by not going in 30-45 minutes earlier.

In these situations, you DON'T error on the side of caution.

This situation also proves that 2 times a year is not enough training for a situation like this. This goes for command as well as for the boots on the ground.

Their training was to flood the school with officers, not to stand down. That's a command error. The officers errored by not doing what their training taught them and not worry about the chief's commands who must have been absent the day of the training.

The situation is so awful it has to be trained to gross motor skills and the Amygdala.

Finesse and frontal cortex have no place here.

Do what has to be done at the lowest level.

Absolute cave man shit.

For modern humans to transition so quickly requires a lot of thought beforehand. Accept the outcome beforehand.

Reactions: Emerson0311
The situation is so awful it has to be trained to gross motor skills and the Amygdala.

Finesse and frontal cortex have no place here.

Do what has to be done at the lowest level.

Absolute cave man shit.

For modern humans to transition so quickly requires a lot of thought beforehand. Accept the outcome beforehand.

So what you're saying is that a police force that conducts these drills just 2 times a year are not learning enough or not being trained properly. And this is what has lead to these student deaths?

I just don't understand the failure. It would seem to be cut and dry.

So what you're saying is that a police force that conducts these drills just 2 times a year are not learning enough or not being trained properly. And this is what has lead to these student deaths?

I just don't understand the failure. It would seem to be cut and dry.
The training is what budgets allow.

If you haven’t spent the hours listening to your radar buzzing thinking to yourself…..”If there were an active shooter what am I going to do?”……and made the decision multiple times after asking yourself that question multiple times than you will not do what needs to be done when the time comes.

First time I did active shooter, next day I had a huge cold sore from the stress and it was just paintballs.

It’s the topic du’jour…..think about it now if it’s your job and decide what you are going to do now.

If you don’t you won’t do it when the worst of the worst happens.

Columbine was what changed doctrine from waiting. And that doctrine has obviously helped.

Now we have a situation in which the timing was not good. A situation changed before the subject was taken down.

Now we have another situation which will change doctrine. We will have a discussion on what to do if the situation happens again.

Columbine changed things from “negotiating” to we are going to give these guys four hours of stack and diamond training……how to enter a room and run along the perimeter while maybe have one of the tac team guys paint you with simunitions.

……..and after the third or fourth incident when everyone waited for the fourth guy to complete the diamond and by than some risk averse rank came on scene and fucked it up or the shooter had killed himself it became “One man, One active shooter”.

For what we have faced so far this is 100% good tactics. Locate, close, with and destroy. Simple, blunt force.

If we get Chechens forget it. The kids are just bait., but still those guys going in and dying will keep them from setting up IEDs and last option shit.

If this is how law enforcement responds to single psychopaths be prayerful we never face the trained threat.

As I understand it the state is going to look at it, I'd be fucking shocked if the feds didn't, it's certainly going to be dissected and analyzed to hell and gone to prevent it from happening again... too high profile not to be.

I'll wait for that, not a bunch of over emotional children ranting about what they would have done after watching the fucking news that we've all been calling FAKE for the last two and a half years over Covid.

But now cause kids are dead suddenly the media is trustworthy again. Y'all are fucking stupid if you believe that.
Most of the information is coming from the police not the media. They are the ones holding the press conference to lay out the timeline. Don't push it off on the fake news.

I know what thirty years of fail is.

Pulse Night Club went from “Active Shooter” to “Barricaded Subject” but at the same time they were using a Lenco to punch glory holes in the bathroom to give Mateen the muzzle.
That was a rather civilized response. Kudos to you.

Personally, I would have simply told him to go fuck himself......

If this last back and forth doesn’t prove its us against them then I don’t know what will. Gov men are the modern day redcoats.
Good call.

I was recently enjoying some 4/19 celebrations....

One of these guys is a classmate. I questioned why they were even there....

ND2rOpll.jpg

Looks the same....

8WXuk0nl.jpg

1,000% right….then why the hell are we gonna end abortion? We should be handing that shit out like tictacs for free on every city block

Or just cheap birth control that actually works. But the system doesn’t want that, Walmart needs people to push mops, the prisons don’t make money if the cells ain’t full, the military needs Canon fodder, etc.

Yes - I don't think there is a cabal of conspiracy creators that are somehow orchestrating the blah blah blah.

Its worse than that. A conspiracy to create this situation is like a pot hole. What's actually wrong is our entire society is self destructing way down in the foundational parts. The whole roadway is collapsing.

We have replaced discipline with lawlessness, mental health care with homelessness, parenting with drugs, and the American Dream with a gender reassignment surgery.
1000% this

Yes - I don't think there is a cabal of conspiracy creators that are somehow orchestrating the blah blah blah.

Its worse than that. A conspiracy to create this situation is like a pot hole. What's actually wrong is our entire society is self destructing way down in the foundational parts. The whole roadway is collapsing.

We have replaced discipline with lawlessness, mental health care with homelessness, parenting with drugs, and the American Dream with a gender reassignment surgery.

Eh, I've driven dirt roads before and can do so again.

Sounds like some in here would talk the bad guy to death with war stories and one upmanship.

I do see what is happening though, this evil is even dividing our 2nd amendment community. Division is one of the tools and I see it’s work in just about every thread now. Just give that some thought.
I’m here. Still. And so are even some of the dudes who have a tranche of asshole.

We are all still here.

And to some extent in person we are all good folks. I have only met one guy from here I wouldn’t trust.

Sounds like some in here would talk the bad guy to death with war stories and one upmanship.

I do see what is happening though, this evil is even dividing our 2nd amendment community. Division is one of the tools and I see it’s work in just about every thread now. Just give that some thought.
Why is all the energy being put into criticism of the response.

Hows about focus energy on how to stop people like this severely disturbed individual from acting, Which doesn’t interfere with 2A rights. All the signs were there that he was fucking nuts.

I will say it again, The law types responding or not the ones who killed those children. That blmae lay at the feet of the attacker.

instead of suturing up the wound and arguing over how to stop the bleeding how about avoid getting cut in the first place

You guys are not seeing through the smoke and mirrors, your scopes have a limited field of view right in front of your faces. How can everything go wrong all at once doesn't seem logical unless it was suppose to go wrong for a reason like " Its time do something " talking points of law makers.

Look at the resources the government has to find terrorist and sometimes breaks up a plot. These school shooters are always communicating which you would think the agencies would be picking up on the chatter, they monitor all communications so you can't tell me they skip over the words "I'm going to shoot up a school".

You guys are not seeing through the smoke and mirrors, your scopes have a limited field of view right in front of your faces. How can everything go wrong all at once doesn't seem logical unless it was suppose to go wrong for a reason like " Its time do something " talking points of law makers.

Look at the resources the government has to find terrorist and sometimes breaks up a plot. These school shooters are always communicating which you would think the agencies would be picking up on the chatter, they monitor all communications so you can't tell me they skip over the words "I'm going to shoot up a school".
Yes the kid was on some social network site openly talking about doing it.

The kid literally cut two scars into his face.

Now that I know the dude who kept the cops out is a Democrat I’m more onboard.

Just like all the previous shootings like the LA music festival, Sandy Hook, the Florida Broward County shooting, ad nauseum---we'll NEVER find out the truth. The final official story (if there ever is one) is so outrageously unbelievable that a 3rd grader could easily figure out it's made up. That in itself tells us that our own "government" is rotten to the core and every statement from them is a lie, maybe with just enough truth sprinkled in to make it sound legit.
I, like many others, have started trying to figure out what the exact opposite of every news story would be. The result is usually far closer to the truth. Kinda like the Babylon Bee.
If your kids/grandkids still go to a public school, and the Feds decide to "assist" the local LE by doing an active shooter exercise at that school or in the local school system, get the kids out of that public school system now. The chances of an actual school shooting in that area have just gone through the roof.
IMO, if you're not homeschooling your kids by now you absolutely should be. Of course, soon homeschooling will probably be against the law too. They are closing every avenue to buck the system quickly. Total control is almost within their reach, much closer than we realize. We're at least 20 years past being able to vote our way out of this.

One of the the issue here is that some people are incapable to holding incompetent/coward LEOs to account.

Know why aviation got so safe ? Because when we have crash we hold people to account. Pilots aren’t afraid to criticize death pilots who fucked up instead of coming up with platitudes such as “ohhhh but you weren’t there ... they tried their best, you don’t have CQB experience, you don’t know”

And deep down, these apologists would have also stood down when the police chief made the call, instead of telling him to get fucked and went inside to breach. But then again they would have put their life and pension at risk.

I pretty much agree with you. I personally think technology is a major reason why this is all happening more in last 20 years or so.

If you had a choice between keeping A2 or the internet what would you choose?

Either the public internet goes away (with all forums and social media ETC) <or> the 2nd amendment…what would most people choose?

I know what I’d choose. Call it a dumb question but decline of civilization and morality has a lot to do with technology.

Everyone was just fine back in the 80s not knowing up to the second details about everything going on in life

Anyone think this latest shooting so close to the SCOTUS upcoming 2A case in NY will sway the justices or is the die already cast.
Let’s just be really really clear here…nobody “planned” an attack to murder 19 children and two teachers in an attempt to influence the outcome of a Supreme Court with a super-conservative majority. Full stop.

I pretty much agree with you. I personally think technology is a major reason why this is all happening more in last 20 years or so.

Either the public internet goes away (with all forums and social media ETC) <or> the 2nd amendment…what would most people choose?

I know what I’d choose. Call it a dumb question but decline of civilization and morality has a lot to do with technology.

Everyone was just fine back in the 80s not knowing up to the second details about everything going on in life
This is exactly on point. Who knew that a socially awkward freshman at Harvard, who created a website to check out the hot hicks in his class, would wind up destroying the social fabric of humanity.
Social media is the goddamn devil. It brings out the absolute WORST in people giving them a forum to find other lunatics that reinforce and magnify extreme views, that pre-internet age would have been relegated to an idiot cousin or dipshit uncle.

Pre-internet, most of these school shooters would have had a chance to mature/grow the fuck up/get their asses kicked in a schoolyard/etc before they ever had the “mass shooter” bullshit planted in their head on some incel (whiney pussy) chat room.
I’d pick almost anything over social media.

Reactions: MJF and XikoPlavi

I would look at the elimination of the internet as one of my three genie in a bottle wishes.

Why is all the energy being put into criticism of the response.

Hows about focus energy on how to stop people like this severely disturbed individual from acting, Which doesn’t interfere with 2A rights. All the signs were there that he was fucking nuts.

I will say it again, The law types responding or not the ones who killed those children. That blmae lay at the feet of the attacker.

instead of suturing up the wound and arguing over how to stop the bleeding how about avoid getting cut in the first place
The same reason we all have to wear hard hats and safety glasses on construction sites. PPE is the last line of defence when fixing the risk is “too hard”. Armed civilians are the same, except they are more effective because when the “safety issue” is a human, deterrence works. Ignoring the “trans propaganda machine” and “everyone is awesome” narratives that are constantly forced on us is disingenuous. Real and immediate consequences are only argued against by idiots, or those who have other agendas.

Let’s just be really really clear here…nobody “planned” an attack to murder 19 children and two teachers in an attempt to influence the outcome of a Supreme Court with a super-conservative majority. Full stop.
What exactly is this “super conservative”?

My observation would consider it just left of center.