• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Is something going on in Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia took Crimea eight years ago, why the fuck would the Ukrainians give them water/power etc from their domestic grid.
Why the fuck would we get involved with the Ukraine? Or Russia?

Maybe they could have sold it to Russia like good businesspeople. You know, like they did with the pipeline.

Last edited:
I have not forgotten that China is number 1 enemy. But rather fight the fight that is present, the enemy which is at the gates.

Trump had the right idea how to fight Russia. Pump out gas/oil to knock down the price. Be friendly while looking tough.
Why the fuck would we get involved with the Ukraine? Or Russia?

Maybe they could have sold it to Russia like good businesspeople. You know, like they did with the pipeline.

What you are talking about isn’t on the same planet as what I was talking about.

Trump had the right idea how to fight Russia. Pump out gas/oil to knock down the price. Be friendly while looking tough.

What you are talking about isn’t on the same planet as what I was talking about.
Totally is, and gets to what RGStory alluded to. You asked why Ukraine would supply utilities to Crimea - for a revenue stream. Especially since the country appears to be broke as church mice (but not really since they get a fairly constant stream of cash from other countries). You would think that someone in that country would have seen the potential and acted upon it, unless "fuck you" revenge was involved and they were content to allow their former brothers and sisters suffer. What love and care that is. It completely left the door open for Russia to come in, turn on the water and get immediate support that comes from gratitude; that's a kind of loyalty one then has a hard time breaking. Its dangerously close to the US policy of nation building to win hearts and minds, and the Ukraine set it up albeit unwittingly.

Plus its a humanitarian issue. But that would require the Ukrainian leadership to feel remorse for what they were doing elsewhere in their country, along with the silencing of their press. But I digress. My point is not aimed at you, it is aimed at the hypocrisy that Zelensky et. al. are throwing out there by acting holier than thou while engaging in their own brand of repression and vengeance - on their own citizens.

There are no (heavenly) angels on either side.

You mean to tell me that the US politicians have their kids on the payroll in Russia too? And that we have US biolabs in Russia? And that Putin is a billionaire while being a leader of one of the poorest developed countries because of kickbacks from the US?

Holy shit this IS a Gordian knot...

You mean to tell me that the US politicians have their kids on the payroll in Russia too? And that we have US biolabs in Russia? And that Putin is a billionaire while being a leader of one of the poorest developed countries because of kickbacks from the US?

Holy shit this IS a Gordian knot...
are you confusing the corruption of the Bidens with Putin who is a multi-billionaire by looting the Russian people; Putin is richer than Bezos and Musk . What does biolabs have to do with corruption?

are you confusing the corruption of the Bidens with Putin who is a multi-billionaire by looting the Russian people; Putin is richer than Bezos and Musk . What does biolabs have to do with corruption?
1. Nope, not confusing them. Putin getting his money from fleecing his people is for sure wrong but ultimately has nothing to do with us. The Bidens, Pelosi's, and others' kids getting rich off of the strongarming of Ukrainian companies AND our tax money has everything to do with us. There is a difference. This thread's strong point is NOT nuance, but this is a case where it matters so that the discussion can be had in a clear manner.

2. What do biolabs have to do with corruption? Seriously? Why have the files of what they were doing been removed from the USG websites? What do biolabs NOT have to do with corruption? If it was all above board, why are those labs not here in the US and touted as totally secure facilities and LEED certified to satisfy all the green liberal requirements? I mean, other than the fact it is illegal to begin with.

1. Nope, not confusing them. Putin getting his money from fleecing his people is for sure wrong but ultimately has nothing to do with us. The Bidens, Pelosi's, and others' kids getting rich off of the strongarming of Ukrainian companies AND our tax money has everything to do with us. There is a difference. This thread's strong point is NOT nuance, but this is a case where it matters so that the discussion can be had in a clear manner.

2. What do biolabs have to do with corruption? Seriously? Why have the files of what they were doing been removed from the USG websites? What do biolabs NOT have to do with corruption? If it was all above board, why are those labs not here in the US and touted as totally secure facilities and LEED certified to satisfy all the green liberal requirements?
Many are supporting Putin's invasion of Ukraine because of it's corruption which is hilarious.

The biolabs were originally setup to destroy the chemical weapons stored in Ukraine during the USSR. Why should you have access to files on military facilities?

Many are supporting Putin's invasion of Ukraine because of it's corruption which is hilarious.

The biolabs were originally setup to destroy the chemical weapons stored in Ukraine during the USSR. Why should you have access to files on military facilities?
The corruption issue on both sides is ridiculous, no argument. Hypocrites abound.

The biolabs have been discovered in the last month to being used for research purposes and it has surfaced that the Pentagon had them there as a potential use against Russia. Its here in this thread, not going to back and look it up now. HOWEVER, I will say that it is awfully rich of China to try and call out the US about biolabs while Wuhan is still in existence.

Reactions: Sako man
The corruption issue on both sides is ridiculous, no argument. Hypocrites abound.

The biolabs have been discovered in the last month to being used for research purposes and it has surfaced that the Pentagon had them there as a potential use against Russia. Its here in this thread, not going to back and look it up now. HOWEVER, I will say that it is awfully rich of China to try and call out the US about biolabs while Wuhan is still in existence.
I don't know who to believe about the present state of these 'biolabs'.

This is the winning we see on MSM

It's quite amusing when he talks its always in much deeper voice than he normaly uses to sound 'manlier'.
278852704_2160667744108810_3606747627788951575_n.jpg

You might want to evaluate that source.
No doubt. Probably need to evaluate every source. Twice.

To be fair and honest, I can find those that say it's not so as well. Do you have a reliable source so we can cut through the bullshit on this one?

Totally is, and gets to what RGStory alluded to. You asked why Ukraine would supply utilities to Crimea - for a revenue stream. Especially since the country appears to be broke as church mice (but not really since they get a fairly constant stream of cash from other countries). You would think that someone in that country would have seen the potential and acted upon it, unless "fuck you" revenge was involved and they were content to allow their former brothers and sisters suffer. What love and care that is. It completely left the door open for Russia to come in, turn on the water and get immediate support that comes from gratitude; that's a kind of loyalty one then has a hard time breaking. Its dangerously close to the US policy of nation building to win hearts and minds, and the Ukraine set it up albeit unwittingly.

Plus its a humanitarian issue. But that would require the Ukrainian leadership to feel remorse for what they were doing elsewhere in their country, along with the silencing of their press. But I digress. My point is not aimed at you, it is aimed at the hypocrisy that Zelensky et. al. are throwing out there by acting holier than thou while engaging in their own brand of repression and vengeance - on their own citizens.

There are no (heavenly) angels on either side.

This seems appropriate to post here:

“One less traitor”: Zelensky oversees campaign of assassination, kidnapping and torture of political opposition

• Sad
Reactions: Sako man
Russia took Crimea eight years ago, why the fuck would the Ukrainians give them water/power etc from their domestic grid.
Thier " domestic grid" ?

It was a river and they choked it to nothing. Look up the stories from the old west in America. They didn't kill each other for oil.

I don't know who to believe about the present state of these 'biolabs'.

No doubt. Probably need to evaluate every source. Twice.

To be fair and honest, I can find those that say it's not so as well. Do you have a reliable source so we can cut through the bullshit on this one?

Nothing but general knowledge and a little bit of history.

Russia throws misinformation shit at the wall and we get to see what sticks. What is missed is the more wild claims that didn't stick. The truly bizarre crap. Like the biolabs bred birds to spread alcoholism in Russia level of crazy. That one just didn't stick. Another pre-Covid story was those labs spread measles and swine flu. Those stories did stick.

The origins of the Biolabs is the 1991 Nunn-Lugar Act which created the Cooperative Threat Reduction Program which funded safeguards on deadly pathogens and other material dating from a Soviet-era biological weapons program that Russia could not longer secure. In turn in 2005 we signed another agreement with Ukraine (and a few other countries, Russia included) to fund their Central Sanitary and Epidemiological Stations across Ukraine for the purpose of mitigation of deadly pathogens and to contain outbreaks (AKA a center for disease control).

They are about as secret as a Google Search, and you could walk up to the visitors desk if you wanted and many had public ceremony's at their opening. But no, they won't let you inside to look at the facilities. My local jail won't let me in just to snoop around either, but it'd be a stretch to call them "secret detention facilities".

Its funny that the Russians make this claim because if I recall correctly, the same act also opened up facilities in Russia.

They are BIOLABS in that they are laboratories setup to handle biological material. Of course there are also 1,751 such certified labs in Oklahoma alone.

Some DO have biological weapons on sites within the former Soviet Union. These are left over samples of the older Soviet programs. The DOD funds the storage of these "libraries" in the event that should an outbreak occur we will have the "library" of pathogens at hand to compare against and determine the origins of any new pathogen and hopefully find a cure more quickly. A good reason Russia wants to sow disinformation to encourage the closure of these facilities. Ironically the most famous example of "why" we feel the need to keep this shit around is the Russian dioxin poisoning of the Ukrainian man who helped secure funding to contain these weapons. Clearly Russia was trying to send a message.

YES, it was probably a great idea to destroy those samples before the Russian's seized them.
In retrospect a really fucking good idea since some of the Russian troops tried to loot the radioactive labs in Chernobyl while they were "securing" it.

To me this is yet another example of crap Russia does that we have to spend money on.

Here is the DOD's response:

If you want to see the certified biolabs in your area:

Turns out that Russia's grip on Europe has very little to do with military power and almost everything to do with energy dependence. The hilarious thing is that this is actually a much tougher problem to address.
A good example of how quickly retarded ideology can turn into a liability. Also a good example for people to ignore because being energy independent is a dirty concept and fuck reality.

A good example of how quickly retarded ideology can turn into a liability. Also a good example for people to ignore because being energy independent is a dirty concept and fuck reality.t
A good example of how quickly retarded ideology can turn into a liability. Also a good example for people to ignore because being energy independent is a dirty concept and fuck reality.
The idiotic decisions by some European countries to close fossil-fuel plants and nuclear-power plants to go 'green' and failed with that policy only to go 'brown' and buy Russian energy deserves some shadenfreude.

Equipment going to wrong hands during a conflict is a bad thing but most likely many soldiers had to die for the ruskies to get them.
It is a live conflict between too countries with quite equal weapons. High casualties on both sides.
If you were surprised to see this, if only you had seen my face when I heard about Afghanistan...

Chemical and biological weapons are studied quite much and it is totally legal to my knowledge. Just like keeping nukes, keeping pathogens is allowed. It becomes a biological weapon only until there is enough of said pathogen to disperse and means (container, strategy) to do it.

Calling a biolab a biological weapon factory is a faaaaaar stretch. Then every nuclear plant becomes a mass destruction factory too. (Inside both of them is happening the handling of destructive matters but they are handled responsibly)

I am going to guess that you were asleep for the last couple years. Did COVID spread across the globe from a single lab? Or labs in every country in the world?
Chemical and biological weapons are studied quite much and it is totally legal to my knowledge. Just like keeping nukes, keeping pathogens is allowed. It becomes a biological weapon only until there is enough of said pathogen to disperse and means (container, strategy) to do it.

Calling a biolab a biological weapon factory is a faaaaaar stretch. Then every nuclear plant becomes a mass destruction factory too. (Inside both of them is happening the handling of destructive matters but they are handled responsibly)

Propaganda machine making sure folks think Ukraine is winning which is essential to sustain the public support and funding, weapons deliveries. You can imagine how long the support would last if folks knew how much they are really being hammered.

The reality for Ukrainian forces is far grimmer than you get to see , they are dying in much much higher numbers than Russians considering the disparity in fires. You can see that after the initial debacle where Russians basically marched in expecting to parade in Kyiv, change in tactics and reorienting to a much narrower front on the east greatly reduced their exposure and casualties while maximizing the concentration of supporting fires, Ukrainians mostly ran out of footage of the winning, now many vids are rehashed old stuff at the same time Russians started posting their videos of Ukrainians getting hammered of course you will not see them published in most Western media. Buts lots of brutal shit that end up with unmarked mass graves for Ukrainian military.
photo_2022-04-21_02-09-53.jpg
photo_2022-04-21_03-23-43.jpg

Newly mobilized Ukrainian troops are nowhere near the quality of the troops they are losing, so it's somewhat unsurprising that the Ukrainian army that by now mobilized more than a million men can't take any ground against an opposing force that is many times smaller.
In light of the heavy weapons supply starting i wouldn't be to surprised if Russians bomb many of bridges over the Dnieper in the near future which will prevent the heavy gear from being able to be deployed in east Ukraine and further limit Ukrainians

Propaganda machine making sure folks think Ukraine is winning which is essential to sustain the public support and funding, weapons deliveries. You can imagine how long the support would last if folks knew how much they are really being hammered.

The reality for Ukrainian forces is far grimmer than you get to see , they are dying in much much higher numbers than Russians considering the disparity in fires. You can see that after the initial debacle where Russians basically marched in expecting to parade in Kyiv, change in tactics and reorienting to a much narrower front on the east greatly reduced their exposure and casualties while maximizing the concentration of supporting fires, Ukrainians mostly ran out of footage of the winning, now many vids are rehashed old stuff at the same time Russians started posting their videos of Ukrainians getting hammered of course you will not see them published in most Western media. Buts lots of brutal shit that end up with unmarked mass graves for Ukrainian military.
View attachment 7854637View attachment 7854636

Newly mobilized Ukrainian troops are nowhere near the quality of the troops they are losing, so it's somewhat unsurprising that the Ukrainian army that by now mobilized more than a million men can't take any ground against an opposing force that is many times smaller.
In light of the heavy weapons supply starting i wouldn't be to surprised if Russians bomb many of bridges over the Dnieper in the near future which will prevent the heavy gear from being able to be deployed in east Ukraine and further limit Ukrainians
I don't really know what's true anymore...but what I can add to this with 100% certainty......good friend of mine (he came from Ukraine to the US to escape the bombings) just found out his brother in law was drafted by the Ukrainian military, given 3 days of training, and shipped to the front lines. So it would not surprise me in the least to eventually find out they were being hammered.

I bet the Ukrainians in the East are being pummeled now that the Russians have them surrounded in a couple cities. Mariupol probably has thousands of dead civilians and soldiers.

Lancaster walking around the Mariupol Theater. Told to leave, then gets shot at.

Dudes a Russian propaganda jackass, he's lucky they didn't actually kill him.

Reactions: Near miss
I don't really know what's true anymore...but what I can add to this with 100% certainty......good friend of mine (he came from Ukraine to the US to escape the bombings) just found out his brother in law was drafted by the Ukrainian military, given 3 days of training, and shipped to the front lines. So it would not surprise me in the least to eventually find out they were being hammered.
Fully agree on BS out of Ukraine makes it hard to tell what is real

Reading journal from Donbas militiamen, they say that in what they encounter Azov Battalion and their fighters are the toughest and best trained opponents they face and also with the highest morale among all , APU so regular Ukrainian military that was in Donbas since the start is also quite formidable, but now they are encountering a lot of new Ukrainian draftees and those they say are absolute cannon fodder and the morale of theirs is very low incomparable to forces they faced previously. Note that these militias are also mostly draftees.

Last edited:

We don't need a propaganda machine to see that Ukraine "won" the first stage. Anyone paying close attention can make an estimation of the casualty figures from the Ukrainians and they are not great in the eastern regions. For the Ukraine, they don't need to defeat the Russian Army to win, they only need to survive. The Russian's need to destroy the Ukrainian forces.

The difference being that the Ukrainians are fighting an existential war and are willing to commit far greater numbers to the fight. In other words, the Ukrainian population has "the will" to fight if we were to use Clausewitzian terms. We can't know how far the Russian public is "willing" to go, but we can estimate that "will" is less than the price Ukraine is willing to sacrifice. For the Russians to Win, they must kill the Ukrainians at a higher ratio than they previously have been able to do.

But, yes. You are correct, the Ukrainians are certainly hiding their casualty tolls. The Russians are as well, but the Ukrainians massive victory in the North made it impossible for the Russians to hide. Moving forward the details will be more difficult unless the Russians or Ukrainians suffer extreme losses and lose decisively. Keep in mind that it wasn't until nearly 50 years after the last major war in this region that we obtained a clear picture of the losses of the forces committed.

I agree regarding the quality of the newer troops, but the same could be said of some of the newer Russian troops showing up.

Its not entirely accurate to state that the Ukrainians are not gaining ground. They are making localized counterattacks but they have not regained everything they lost in the East since the start of the war. Last I checked around 24 hours ago, the Ukrainian forces in the Mykolaiv region were seeing gains toward Kherson which is extraordinary considering that they are facing more heavy equipment. The Russians are clearly in the defensive in this region, but notably they do still retain the initiative and the concentration of effort has rightly made the Donbas Operation the center of gravity. It would be a great coup for the Ukrainians to shift the center back to Kherson or even to the West of Kharkiv in Shevchenkove.

See the map below, if accurate, (and I have no reason to believe that it is not), the supply routes for the massive Russian northern pincer of the Donbas operation is choked through a narrow corridor being Kupiansk (sp?), Taking Shevchekove, will threaten that supply route and starve the Russians once again. Concurrently the Ukrainians pushed northwards towards Borova meaning they are attacking that narrow line with two coordinated attacks from both sides. This is not good for the Russians if the Ukrainians actually have concentrated enough firepower to take those two objectives.

Can the Russians commit to an offensive while defending a narrow supply corridor?

Who the fuck knows, but its damn interesting to watch. Whatever the case, I'm not buying that either the Russians or the Ukrainians are decisively winning this.

Kharkiv April 17.jpg

Who is winning: Those in power that created this shit show.
Who cares: Not me, but their are plenty on the pitty wagon!
Who looses: Unkraine citizens in the middle used as cannon fodder, and us, the American people getting drained by the swamp creatures on all sides, we pay the price, on the boarder, our economy, and spending as we have never seen before. No matter what this will cost us one way or another. :mad:

Who is winning: Those in power that created this shit show.
Who cares: Not me, but their are plenty on the pitty wagon!
Who looses: Unkraine citizens in the middle used as cannon fodder, and us, the American people getting drained by the swamp creatures on all sides, we pay the price, on the boarder, our economy, and spending as we have never seen before. No matter what this will cost us one way or another. :mad:
This has been coming for a long time. All of the signs have presented themselves along the way. For the majority of Americans, denial is a warm and fuzzy place to escape to.

Status
Not open for further replies.