• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

cylce.png

Being in Texas we have the Mexico buyers who buy up everything, making the used car market sky high. You can't hardly compete with them at the junk auctions. They'll buy one that runs decent then hook about 4-5 vehicles together via tow hitches, drive them back to Mexico where they'll repair and sell them. They're making bank.
See that same shit up in Va all the time also.

this is an example of my pet gripe about humans and our 4 legged carnivore friends. can you imagine what a 70-100 lb puma,lion,lepord etc would be as a weapon,partner,friend if we had that kind of relationship,and control,with them? if poss we should have been working with them for the 10K+ years we have had cats with us. the egyptians seem to have started to work on that. we have had dogs for at least 30K and look at the results. there is a bunch of stuff around about people relating to lions so i think maybe would have been doable. lions are the only pack pantera or felis so there is that. still what a team. those are mals so the intense focus on their breeding and training shows. if you watch schutzhund vids on YT you can see some really impressive work with many breeds.
Cats working at that level with humans will always be a fantasy. See Andre Norton’s juvenile works.
Dogs when they were wolves sought us out, not the other way around. Most of what you see in the way of their behavior, especially the near manic attention and autistic focus has been bred into the in extremis, like the sizes of toy dogs and giants. We worked as a mutual herding pack to take larger animals for centuries.
We didn’t capture and tame them, we just didn’t kill them when they stole charred bones from the fire. Cats just mentally aren’t there, when the kill is partly play for them.

i have known all that for a long while. don't need a history lesson. just sayin',would have been a good thing to try if there had been an opportunity or the idea. all "performing" big cats,as far as i know,are from planned breeding programs. are 2nd-3rd gen at least i believe. never are wild captures. those folks USUALLY get away with their acts. that is not even 100yrs of selective breeding. 10K years very diff # of generations. not saying it would have worked. don't believe the idea is impossible given several millennia. the known ability of some lions (only from cub aged) to interact with some humans not in prey/predator roles is interesting food for thought. would have been v. beneficial for us as a tool. we captured horses and cattle. mendelian techniques have worked many times over the ages before the insane direct genetic manipulation of today.

Last edited:
Why do women wear so much makeup their face doesn’t match the entirety of their bodies skin tone? It’s 95% of them lol.

I miss when they tried to not look like they had makeup on. I’m always pointing them out to my girl “check out this Barnum and Bailey looking bitch over there”. 😂

The ones at the makeup stores are the worst