• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New 6mm Advanced Rifle Cartridge

Loaded up some AR Comp today with 85 SMK to do an OCW and see how it shoots and velocities. Since there isnt much info out there on this combo I loaded up 5shot each in 0.3gr increments from 25.0 to 27.1 based off some QL numbers I ran. It was a tad under what I thought so Ill work up a little more from 27.1 but damn accuracy and SD's were excellent and no temp stability issues like with CFE223. Also, a much softer, more of a slight push recoil impulse vs CFE223.. Much smoother shooting. Everything was under 0.75" with multiple groups sub 0.5" all shot at 100yd.

KeGv1ix.jpeg

I also wanted to test this American Reloading MP540 small stick powder that I bought 32lb of a while back and never tested any of it. If you search MP540 theres a few guys that tested it and said it was amazing and very similar to VV N140...

I had ZERO data for this other than the 308 data on the label so I tried cross referencing that with some QL data of similar powders and came up with an OCW/pressure test of 25.0gr to 27.5gr in 0.5gr increments. Well, I was a tad low on my pressure test.. 27.5gr was slower than I thought it would be so Ill work up some more loads from 27.5 to 29.5gr to get up around that 2850-2900 mark..

But, accuracy was really good with this MP540 and SD were excellent. Shit, the very first group I shot 25.0gr had an ES of 2.0 and an SD of 0.8 and was just a hair above a 0.25" group at 100yd..

Really looking forward to playing more with these 2 powders in 6 ARC. Especially from a temp stability standpoint compared to Lever and CFE223...

kxrM95N.jpeg

OwZWG4T.jpeg

Reactions: Jdowns0415
IMG_7714.jpeg
106 ATIP and 105 VLD hybrid bergers with 27.8gr of Lever behind hornady brass and CCI 41’s. For some reason every can of lever I’ve tried is way over velocity versus the hornady book. Really bad mirage and it was 98 degrees in the sun so the fliers are on me. Overall good to go for me with velocity and SD. No pressure signs so next week I’ll be taking this out to 1200 yards to see if it retains its accuracy.

Attachments

• IMG_7713.jpeg
    IMG_7713.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6