Port strike coming… not going to be good!

Union longshoremen are fucking lazy scum. American port workers are the most expensive and least productive port workers on the planet. They prove their shit commie, left wing asshole leaders are lying sacks of shit by asking for an 80% pay raise.

We are supposed to believe there is no inflation and prices are lower than Trump's years and these cunts want an 80% pay raise.

Fuck communism and fuck every Kamaltoe voting asshole in the country. I'm voting for robots.
You sound like you suck corporate cocks.

These are by and by large right leaning blue collar workers in a skilled trade. It's a very dangerous job and they go through furlough and layoffs unlike most other workers.

You also can't math. No raises since 2018. And the 70% is over the next 6 years which is less than 10% a year annualized. Look at inflation from 2018 to 2031 and tell me what you think it should be.

The shipping companies also made insane profits during covid. Like 20 years worth in 2. Money that got sent overseas instead of staying in our economy. Fuck the workers for wanting a piece of the success right?

Some of you are nothing but cucks for corpoate interests and are too dumb to even realize it. The same interests who want to make you a wage slave like some 1650 peasant.

I didn't think of Biden letting the strike go on as "fuck you" to all the other Democrats who forced him out. A complete halt to east coast shipping traffic would go a long way towards making sure Kamala doesn't win the election. Particularly as this is going to hit most of the swing state's economies pretty hard.

Looks like we are going to see just how bitter Joe is about being forced out.
Potato Head has no idea it's happening.

$200k a year for a manual labor job and they’re striking. America should school them about how life really is.
Good. As a guy who sits in his underwear and works from home
....the blue collar worker out there in the elements breaking his body Deserves to get paid well. They are what keeps the country moving.

It's pure ignorance and averice to look down on the people who keep society functioning.

Good. As a guy who sits in his underwear and works from home
....the blue collar worker out there in the elements breaking his body Deserves to get paid well. They are what keeps the country moving.

It's pure ignorance and averice to look down on the people who keep society functioning.

I agree that people who work hard deserve to get paid well, but these guys make more than 5x of what a warehouse worker does outside the ports.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
I agree that people who work hard deserve to get paid well, but these guys make more than 5x of what a warehouse worker does outside the ports.
Not nessiarialy. There are union warehouseman who make 40-50/hr. I used to hire them. Most of those are forklift drivers. Warehouse workers are unskilled labor. Longshoreman are skilled trades.

Working in a warehouse and climbing a 300 foot stack of frozen containers in the middle of an ice storm to tie them down is not the same thing.

Crane operators make bank everywhere. Go to any city and look at the construction cranes. Those guys all make 2-500k a year. That's the gig.

Go look up what harbor pilots make in major cities similar wages.

Look up what elevator mechanics make a year.

Lineman in Cali making 500k a year.

There are lots of trades who make well into the 6 figures. Its dangerous work and their fuck ups mean other people can die.

People are just jealous they see others making way more for things they don't even begin to understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJF

Show me a company website during negotiations and it will look something like that.

They take the highest earner, probably including a ton of overtime, the health benefits, retirement benefits, etc...

What is the hourly pay? Im seeing 39-50 an hour thrown about.

Clearing 200k on 50 an hour. At 50 an hour(with no overtime) thats 4000 hours a year, 333 a month, 11 a day. Could somebody do it, sure with some overtime and some long ass shifts... but if they are making 200k on 50 an hour they are WORKING THEIR FUCKING ASS OFF and deserve the money.

I dont think anybody is going to work for min hours and clearing 200k...it simply doesnt math out.

Our linemen made 150-225k a year.

Their pay was like 53/hr.

They worked during storms in some of the most remote and dangerous places in the country. Working 12-16 hour shifts was not uncommon and there is no calling out during an emergency.

From the outside people say damn they are overpaid. Everyone's a cowboy till it's time to do cowboy shit. They do make good money and can carve a nice living but at the expense of never being home, living out of shitty hotels, eating fast food and destroying your body doing dangerous work in terrible conditions.

It's the same deal with other trades. They all have their plus and minuses.

My cousin is a elevator mechanic. Had to apprentice for 5 years and makes very good money. He also had a gun pulled on him more than once by drug dealers who thought he was undercover...trying to fix the elevator in the projects at a 3am call out.

Anyone reading this is more than welcome to apply to those jobs, take the test, interview and then try to make it through apprentice ship so you can work in the most dangerous cities by yourself at night. Great pay..never get to see your kids and a broken back before age 40 from hauling shit flights of stairs.

You won't see me bitching these people make more than me. They earned it and when we are 60 and they can't move anymore....I'll just be starting my retirement. Everyone has choices to make.

Show me a company website during negotiations and it will look something like that.

They take the highest earner, probably including a ton of overtime, the health benefits, retirement benefits, etc...

What is the hourly pay? Im seeing 39-50 an hour thrown about.

Clearing 200k on 50 an hour. At 50 an hour(with no overtime) thats 4000 hours a year, 333 a month, 11 a day. Could somebody do it, sure with some overtime and some long ass shifts... but if they are making 200k on 50 an hour they are WORKING THEIR FUCKING ASS OFF and deserve the money.

I dont think anybody is going to work for min hours and clearing 200k...it simply doesnt math out.

I knew a longshoreman about 15 years ago and he was making at least that much. Granted there is a difference between the east and west coasts, but they need to be more realistic.

You sound like you suck corporate cocks.

These are by and by large right leaning blue collar workers in a skilled trade. It's a very dangerous job and they go through furlough and layoffs unlike most other workers.

You also can't math. No raises since 2018. And the 70% is over the next 6 years which is less than 10% a year annualized. Look at inflation from 2018 to 2031 and tell me what you think it should be.

The shipping companies also made insane profits during covid. Like 20 years worth in 2. Money that got sent overseas instead of staying in our economy. Fuck the workers for wanting a piece of the success right?

Some of you are nothing but cucks for corpoate interests and are too dumb to even realize it. The same interests who want to make you a wage slave like some 1650 peasant.

Funny, a Harris/Walz cock gobbler calling out someone else for noticing they suck cock. Working at a port is about as dangerous as a typical McDonald's job, who are you kidding!!!! No longshoreman in America has gone without a raises in fifty years according to your union. You are getting close to 5% a year for the last five years actually.

Much like Tampon Tim, your hero, you are a lying sack of shit. What the fuck do you care about shipping company profits? If you want shipping company profits, buy a fucking shipping company. Do you complain when your favorite football player makes $200 million dollars for four years of sucking ass on a football field? We both know that fucking idiot is not worth $30 bucks an hour and cannot catch or pass the ball better than most 9 year old boys.

As you gobble Kamala cock you said inflation is cured. If you and your shit leftist party masters are so fucking sure inflation is gone, shut up and go back to 3.5% a year, why 10% a year? Do you honestly think unloading a fucking metal box and stacking it in the right spot is an $80 dollar an hour job? Are you fucking kidding me!!!

Since you are kinda stupid, I'll help you out. It is called "extortion", that is what happens when an unrelated party wants a piece of somebody else's pie. You think that even though you do not own a ship, a shipping container, a ship's crew or pay any of the bills related to shipping you deserve part of what they make for their labor.

Best of all, you bitch about Covid, are you serious??? That was 2020-21, nearly FOUR years ago. You voted for the Biden cunts that crippled shipping! You turned faggot and cried to make people take a fake vaccine that did not immunize a single person on the fucking planet against a virus created by the democrats in a lab in China. You demanded your coworkers get fired for refusing the vaccine. Your fucked up union made everything about covid worse for all Americans and you want to be rewarded for it? That is fucking epic.

Why can't you idiot leftists drop the covid bullshit already? It was about the same as the Hong Kong flu in the late 1960's and your stupid mask does not work. Fucking science has shown the mask does not work since the first study done by the Brits in 1920.

Switching from longshoremen to lineman is another fucking stupid thing you are trying, admit it you suck at arguing. Tell me when longshoremen went out in an ice storm, post-hurricane or after a forest fire to unload ships in the dead of night. I'd love to hear that story. Longshoreman rat-fucked the entire nation during covid by slow rolling most shipping and fucking off.

Yet another reason to vote for Trump. He wants to return jobs to America and bring back industry that fled to China or Asia.

Yeah asshole, you have gotten raises every fucking year.

Last edited:
It's good money but they also have to deal with layoffs , furlough and live in the most expensive parts of the nation.

The port workers in Baltimore were laid off when the key bridge fell. The ILA union actually was able to repurpose some covid funding they had to keep them from loosing their houses. Biden and the gov didn't do jack shit for the workers.
ah...covid funding came from where ? and the union was just sitting on it waiting for what ? lmao

Not nessiarialy. There are union warehouseman who make 40-50/hr. I used to hire them. Most of those are forklift drivers. Warehouse workers are unskilled labor. Longshoreman are skilled trades.

Working in a warehouse and climbing a 300 foot stack of frozen containers in the middle of an ice storm to tie them down is not the same thing.

Crane operators make bank everywhere. Go to any city and look at the construction cranes. Those guys all make 2-500k a year. That's the gig.

Go look up what harbor pilots make in major cities similar wages.

Look up what elevator mechanics make a year.

Lineman in Cali making 500k a year.

There are lots of trades who make well into the 6 figures. Its dangerous work and their fuck ups mean other people can die.

People are just jealous they see others making way more for things they don't even begin to understand.
I come from a whole family in crane and rigging and I run a lot with that crowd myself. Nobody I know in any normal crane operations is making anything even remotely close to 500k a year.
I have an uncle that traveled the world, quite literally, as a crane operator and I think his best year was 250k.

I dont know what world you're living in, but it ain't the real one.

ah...covid funding came from where ? and the union was just sitting on it waiting for what ? lmao
It was a fund they set aside during covid to pay for people who can't work. It was from union dues and the company contributions. It had a surplus and they were able to repurpose it for the baltimore workers who were laid off due to the port being shut down.

Funny, a Harris/Walz cock gobbler calling out someone else for noticing they suck cock. Working at a port is about as dangerous as a typical McDonald's job, who are you kidding!!!! No longshoreman in America has gone without a raises in fifty years according to your union. You are getting close to 5% a year for the last five years actually.

Much like Tampon Tim, your hero, you are a lying sack of shit. What the fuck do you care about shipping company profits? If you want shipping company profits, buy a fucking shipping company. Do you complain when your favorite football player makes $200 million dollars for four years of sucking ass on a football field? We both know that fucking idiot is not worth $30 bucks an hour and cannot catch or pass the ball better than most 9 year old boys.

As you gobble Kamala cock you said inflation is cured. If you and your shit leftist party masters are so fucking sure inflation is gone, shut up and go back to 3.5% a year, why 10% a year? Do you honestly think unloading a fucking metal box and stacking it in the right spot is an $80 dollar an hour job? Are you fucking kidding me!!!

Since you are kinda stupid, I'll help you out. It is called "extortion", that is what happens when an unrelated party wants a piece of somebody else's pie. You think that even though you do not own a ship, a shipping container, a ship's crew or pay any of the bills related to shipping you deserve part of what they make for their labor.

Best of all, you bitch about Covid, are you serious??? That was 2020-21, nearly FOUR years ago. You voted for the Biden cunts that crippled shipping! You turned faggot and cried to make people take a fake vaccine that did not immunize a single person on the fucking planet against a virus created by the democrats in a lab in China. You demanded your coworkers get fired for refusing the vaccine. Your fucked up union made everything about covid worse for all Americans and you want to be rewarded for it? That is fucking epic.

Why can't you idiot leftists drop the covid bullshit already? It was about the same as the Hong Kong flu in the late 1960's and your stupid mask does not work. Fucking science has shown the mask does not work since the first study done by the Brits in 1920.

Switching from longshoremen to lineman is another fucking stupid thing you are trying, admit it you suck at arguing. Tell me when longshoremen went out in an ice storm, post-hurricane or after a forest fire to unload ships in the dead of night. I'd love to hear that story. Longshoreman rat-fucked the entire nation during covid by slow rolling most shipping and fucking off.

Yet another reason to vote for Trump. He wants to return jobs to America and bring back industry that fled to China or Asia.

Yeah asshole, you have gotten raises every fucking year.

7f2.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Stevo86
I come from a whole family in crane and rigging and I run a lot with that crowd myself. Nobody I know in any normal crane operations is making anything even remotely close to 500k a year.
I have an uncle that traveled the world, quite literally, as a crane operator and I think his best year was 250k.

I dont know what world you're living in, but it ain't the real one.
NYC, DC, PHl, BOS. Overtime, per diem, travel sep ect. If they only made 250k then they were not working enough or were getting paid shit.

That's one of the problems. People use their own experience working in flyover states ...they have no idea the cost of things in major coastal cities. Townhouses going for a million..shitty apartments 5k a month, parking spots 1k a monweekends.

With the cheap money from a few years ago there is so much more demand than supply. Projects are funded Even paying top scale wages..you are lucky to find half the people you need for a job. So they end up working a ton of OT which is double time during the week and triple time on the weeknds.

But the point is people talking shit about longshoremen who are trying to keep their jobs and their lifestyle is un-American. Anyone in their shoes would do the same thing. They are taxpayers, homeowners, people who buy cars and spend money on the US economy. Would you rather the money be taken out as corporate profits to a shipping company in China or Crete...where they flag ships so they dont have to pay US taxes.....or stay in the US economy? Clearly there is enough money being thrown around in shipping that it's not detrimental to commerce. It's corporate greed that is the issue. I got no love for unions but there needs to be opposing forces for ballance.

I don’t agree with that. I’ve been running cranes of 20 plus years the most I’ve made on best year is about 130k .yes I’m union I travel some not a lot , but I’m also in ky not the northern states or California either. I will say sometimes a union can price themselves out of work.
Oh, c'mon man! DickBeforeDismount said it, so it has to be true. Make sure your employer knows you are $500K/yr crane operator, tell them to shove that $130K up their ass!

Guy on another forum who is a longshoreman at one of these ports says they can unload 2 containers to every automated ports single container. It might have been more than 2 I would have to go back and look. And then he said the automated trucks are also slow and things get lost very easily. Their ports have containers on the road in ~48 hours. He said the automated ports take 3-5 days in general.

He wasnt against automation completely. He said the automated gates for the trucks work far better than the truckers having to go into an office and sign in and out. Much more productive.

He was explaining the negotiations and that they had actually finished and agreed on everything with the local companies, it was the big shippers that wouldnt agree. The same shippers that made 50 billion PROFIT between 22 and 23. The same shippers that pay their workers on the boats like 10 bucks an hour. The shippers that all use flag of convenience to make the most money and pay people the least. So none of that is shocking to me. Flag of convenience is horrible for that industry. My industry was trying it and it turned out really poorly and I dont think anybody is doing it anymore.
Automation evolves and gets better. Automation does not take smoke breaks, lunch, or strike. Workers are bringing this on themselves

That's one of the problems. People use their own experience working in flyover states ...they have no idea the cost of things in major coastal cities. Townhouses going for a million..shitty apartments 5k a month, parking spots 1k a monweekends.

With the cheap money from a few years ago there is so much more demand than supply. Projects are funded Even paying top scale wages..you are lucky to find half the people you need for a job. So they end up working a ton of OT which is double time during the week and triple time on the weeknds.

But the point is people talking shit about longshoremen who are trying to keep their jobs and their lifestyle is un-American. Anyone in their shoes would do the same thing. They are taxpayers, homeowners, people who buy cars and spend money on the US economy. Would you rather the money be taken out as corporate profits to a shipping company in China or Crete...where they flag ships so they dont have to pay US taxes.....or stay in the US economy? Clearly there is enough money being thrown around in shipping that it's not detrimental to commerce. It's corporate greed that is the issue. I got no love for unions but there needs to be opposing forces for ballance.

God you are an idiot. Name any other job where people are demanding 10% a year in pay increases? It is Biden cunts like you, school teachers who have actually made kids dumber every year since 1980, fucktard Boeing machinists who build utterly shit quality planes and other leftist groups who fucking utterly fail at their jobs demanding ridiculous pay increases.

Then you go bitching about a shipping company in Crete, when it was assholes like you who priced Americans out of the transoceanic shipping business in the first place. Unions pull bullshit like demanding 80-100% pay raises while they do far less work than every other port worker, even the ones in Germany.

This country is fucked up by union faggotry, worthless, drugged up assholes you cannot fire making $60 bucks an hour to stack crates. Your asshole union sucking Biden cock and supporting the migrant flood. Your asshole union supporting the flood of money to welfare dregs. Your asshole union doing everything in its power to ruin the nation.

Then you bitch about a shortage of workers. Half the time you only hire cousins or in-laws, the other half you demand ex-cons or sexual deviants. Then you steal hundreds of dollars in union dues per month and rat fuck any employee you don't like out of spite.

Unions suck, they are basically organized crime, staffed by worthless communist cronies who do nothing other than pick the pockets of working people. Most unions are one Guido away from organized crime.

Tell us retard, what does the conflict in the middle east have to do with a monkey moving a container in Long Beach? The real story is that lazy fucks want huge pay raises because they somehow think the problems associated with running an international shipping business moving products around the globe make their job in Seattle, Portland or California more dangerous. That is just fucking stupid.

The 15,000,000 foreign cunts your asshole union encouraged to invade America are the problem. $5 says your union president never worked a day outside, he fucking inherited his job from his dad who was a union hump. Same as every other fucking union manager I have met in the last 30 years.

Then the "open letter" goes on to explain how the union rat fucks its own members by making them work irregular hours and screwing them over if they refuse to suck union ass 15 days a month. As if no one on earth knows the schedule of a ship 3 days in advance.

Reactions: sloporsche
A giant fuck you to the rest of Americans who are struggling, working 2-3 jobs to make ends meet.
Well they should have made better choices. I mean it sucks but they should have learned skills and knowledge that people want to pay for. I got 15% raise last year. Wife got around 10% and we both make great money. Both have in demand jobs that require an education and we work from home. I don't know any plumbers, electrician or HVAC guys who have more work than they can handle. Build a white collar career or learn a trade. I know plumbers who are making mid 6 figures running their own business with 1 or 2 helpers. Helpers making 30 an hour while they build time to sit for license. One of the guys is 21 years old...started worked for his dad at 14 and had his journeyman at 19 and in a few years will be a master. He probally makes 200k a year. Doing the work others don't want to do. Want to make money? Go get after it. This is the land of opportunity.

If you aren't getting raises then you either aren't worth it or are too much of a pussy to demand it. If your skills are in demand then someone will pay and we have a massive skilled labor shortage in the US despite what unemployment numbers say. The staffing industry tracks this quarterly and demand is still very strong for skills labor and proffesionals.

It's not a fuck you to other workers it's a fuck you to corporate entities who made record profits off their labor and they were unable to renegotiate until now. They have been working under 2018 wages/contract. Now they are finally able to negotiate they want what they feel is a fair share....while not helping to eliminate their jobs. It's really not hard to understand. Read the statement it shines some light on the issues. I'm not even a union guy and hate their politics but in today's world they are the Ying to the yang that is the enemy of freedom.

And employer doesn't give 2 fucks about you..in fact most look at you as an expense not an asset. As soon as it's expedient or profitable....your ass is gone. You should try to get everything you can while you can becuase no one else gives a fuck. Being mad at a union for wanting a small slice of historical profits is really dumb and short sighted. It reeks of jealously.

Last edited:
From what I have read is they rejected a 50% increase in pay over 5 years and are saying no automation. They want 77% increase in pay. They keep up with this shit and they will force automation because they can automate a lot of it. Then they will be out of jobs, or a greatly reduced workforce. I'm all for getting paid for what you deserve, and for hard work.

I know some longshoreman out here (CA) and they get paid well and work a lot of hours. I think it was fair what they were paid for the time and work. A 77% increase is stupid and a way to force themselves out of work by being replaced my machines that won't ask for more wages. Also having your union boss say you are going to cripple the nation to prove a point doesn't work so well for the average person that just wants to buy goods at decent prices and have availability. Know your audience before saying stupid shit on TV.

From what I have read is they rejected a 50% increase in pay over 5 years and are saying no automation. They want 77% increase in pay. They keep up with this shit and they will force automation because they can automate a lot of it. Then they will be out of jobs, or a greatly reduced workforce. I'm all for getting paid for what you deserve, and for hard work.

I know some longshoreman out here (CA) and they get paid well and work a lot of hours. I think it was fair what they were paid for the time and work. A 77% increase is stupid and a way to force themselves out of work by being replaced my machines that won't ask for more wages. Also having your union boss say you are going to cripple the nation to prove a point doesn't work so well for the average person that just wants to buy goods at decent prices and have availability. Know your audience before saying stupid shit on TV.
The western US longshore union caved and let industry automate most of them out of jobs. That's the lesson the ILA is trying to not repeate. All that west coast shipping and port money's now going straight to China and Asia. Money being sucked out of the US economy.

Who are you to decide what's fair to pay someone? Is it coming out of your pocket? Do you know the finances? Have any idea what the fully loaded labor cost is for the workers?

Again they are still operating on 2018 wages. Everyone got huge wage increases since then ( if you didn't then you suck at your job and negotiating, or were locked in a labor agreement). This takes into account the last 5 years of unprecedented wage growth along with projected inflation.....you think lowering interest rates and pumping more money into the economy will sniffle inflation? LoL.

I honestly hope they shut the country down and get everything they ask for and more. The people who litterly run this country ( power grid, sewage, trucking, shipping, farmers, construction, mining, ect) need to remind the masses how fragile this society really is and who not to fuck with. Any one of them can grind this train to a halt.

I say automate those ports like they do in China. What they are doing is negotiating themselves out of a job. They have already turned down a very generous offer of a 50 percent increase. I wish my annual income would increase with no more effort. F these guys.

More Americans out of jobs not paying taxes in our inner cities while profits are shipped overseas is just what we need. Let foreign companies continue to exploit us via trade and export our wealth.

Then they can become taxpayer drones increasing everyone else's taxes helping our economy flounder as more US industry disapears.

That's what a Chinese dick sucker would want.