Prayer Request Thread

Sam,

I hope that you are still on SH and visit this tiny corner. Many of us here fight demons every day. Some of fight every minute.

Recognize that there is a plan that we cannot see and that there is a brilliant destination for all of us.

We just need to have faith and to pray.

I’ll do my part for you in case this doesn’t reach you.

Pray for our brother Sam.
A member here

Got an ominous message a while ago
Suffers PTSD and has some dark times.

Specifically asked another friend and I to tell his boys he loves them and is sorry.
Prayers for Sam. I know what these "mental" issues can do to a person. And when they tell you what they're experiencing, believe them, it's real. Usually they can't put it in terms (if there are any) that can convey the depth of their anguish and misery. Whatever they tell you multiply it by 10 and you might be getting close.

Eph 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

A Prayer of Praise.

Jan I went in for surgery, Saturday I will be doing my first 5k. Just finished my final exercise and I am running 16 min miles and down 155 lbs overall. No records broken, but its a miracle from where I was a year ago. I bought the same size pants as when I got married some 30 years ago.

Last summer it hurt to walk 10 minutes.

Thank you all for your prayers during recovery.

A Prayer of Praise.

Jan I went in for surgery, Saturday I will be doing my first 5k. Just finished my final exercise and I am running 16 min miles and down 155 lbs overall. No records broken, but its a miracle from where I was a year ago. I bought the same size pants as when I got married some 30 years ago.

Last summer it hurt to walk 10 minutes.

Thank you all for your prayers during recovery.
Praying for Sam and Hank.

And you did break records, your own records. Same with me on the bikes, or with the guns, I'm only competing against past me, same as you. Never forget that.

Losing weight and being fit as we age is a tough battle. I love all the tasty things, but they don't love me so much as I'm knocking on the door of 50.

Yes! It is amazing. And beautiful.

One more thing to love, is how fast a complete stranger that is Christian will say yes to a prayer request.
And such a young man for sure moves hearts in a big way.

Hanks old babysitter dropped by to see him last week and to make sure he knew about Jesus.
Girl is either 17 or 19 and that was her concern.
I dont know all the details if he did before or what, but 100% accepted Jesus as his Savior during her visit.
God bless her for heeding that call.

Yes! It is amazing. And beautiful.

One more thing to love, is how fast a complete stranger that is Christian will say yes to a prayer request.
And such a young man for sure moves hearts in a big way.

Hanks old babysitter dropped by to see him last week and to make sure he knew about Jesus.
Girl is either 17 or 19 and that was her concern.
I dont know all the details if he did before or what, but 100% accepted Jesus as his Savior during her visit.
God bless her for heeding that call.
In our tradition Hank was good either way. Age of accountability is 8 (unless mental issues then there isn't an age).

Moroni 8:10-13
10 Behold I say unto you that this thing shall ye teach—repentance and baptism unto those who are accountable and capable of committing sin; yea, teach parents that they must repent and be baptized, and humble themselves as their little children, and they shall all be saved with their little children.
11 And their little children need no repentance, neither baptism. Behold, baptism is unto repentance to the fulfilling the commandments unto the remission of sins.
12 But little children are alive in Christ, even from the foundation of the world; if not so, God is a partial God, and also a changeable God, and a respecter to persons; for how many little children have died without baptism!
13 Wherefore, if little children could not be saved without baptism, these must have gone to an endless hell.

Prayers lifted for the above, and I have one to add. I worked with Tommy R. For 40 years. He retired in June, and in July he was diagnosed with advanced pancreatic cancer. Since then, he won't take phone calls or return texts. His wife will come to the door and give you updates, but he won't. She says that he has pretty much just given up. He is now under hospice care. Please lift him up. Thank you.

Tommy passed last night. I assume it was peaceful since hospice was involved. Thank you for your prayers and please lift his family up. He has a wife, kids and grandkids. He was a really good guy, but I don't know if he was saved. It's eating on me that I should have done more, but when he shut down, everyone was shut out. I'm kind of lost right now.

I requested prayers for my Mom for a few pages back when she was diagnosed with cancer. She went through surgery and her pathology results came negative. This was a relief. She had her first round of chemo this week. She hated the idea of chemo more than the sickness itself. To her miracle she is coping incredibly well with few little side effects. She is tired. Her treatment ends the end of October, and we are praying she will get a break afterwards. I will report back.

Thank you for all your prayers.

My prayers went out to all who requested here; and all who participated. God is great

I requested prayers for my Mom for a few pages back when she was diagnosed with cancer. She went through surgery and her pathology results came negative. This was a relief. She had her first round of chemo this week. She hated the idea of chemo more than the sickness itself. To her miracle she is coping incredibly well with few little side effects. She is tired. Her treatment ends the end of October, and we are praying she will get a break afterwards. I will report back.

Thank you for all your prayers.

My prayers went out to all who requested here; and all who participated. God is great

May we have her first name or nickname for prayers?

Well after 2.5 years of working in addiction treatment for a company that is 100% medicaid patients I have left as of Wednesday. There is too much to tell and it doesn’t matter anyway but I am out, and happy I’m out.

Please remember me, a mid fifties white male, in my search to find gainful employment in this Appalachian AO. I don’t have any debt to speak of but I’m not independently wealthy either.

To quote a song I heard recently “I would rather be in a pine box than one more minute of this nightmare”.

#waitingforthenextadventure

I just went through rotator cuff surgery 7 weeks ago, now into my 3rd week of PT. Please pray for my shoulder and recovery, the pain is really bad at times from all the movement I have to do on it.

They didn't get the ice-thingy for pain for you? It really helps! You can thank PedoPeter/KH and the open border for doctors not appropriately treating pain anymore. Few examples here- the Breg polar system that requires you buy the ice chest circulator too which is round $200 IIR, and there is limited mobility while you use it, but I find these highly effective. I used the Bregg knee version and it was much more effective than I had imagined.

ICE20 Double Shoulder Compression Ice Therapy
$87.99
Anthem Sports

Breg Polar Care Cube Wrap On Shoulder Pad, Standard
$59.00
SourceCold II

Comfytemp Shoulder Ice Pack Rotator Cuff Cold Therapy Wrap, FSA HSA Eligible, Large Ice Packs For Injuries Reusable Gel, Instant Cold Compression
$24.99
Amazon.com

ICE20 Combo Shoulder/Lower Arm Ice Therapy

Last edited:
I just went through rotator cuff surgery 7 weeks ago, now into my 3rd week of PT. Please pray for my shoulder and recovery, the pain is really bad at times from all the movement I have to do on it.

Keep Working it and icy hot!!!

We Got the spiritual side. You got the hard word side!!

Sirhr

Well after 2.5 years of working in addiction treatment for a company that is 100% medicaid patients I have left as of Wednesday. There is too much to tell and it doesn’t matter anyway but I am out, and happy I’m out.

Please remember me, a mid fifties white male, in my search to find gainful employment in this Appalachian AO. I don’t have any debt to speak of but I’m not independently wealthy either.

To quote a song I heard recently “I would rather be in a pine box than one more minute of this nightmare”.

Entrepreneurial endeavors are where it’s at!!! Pulling for ya, brother!

Prayers lifted for you brother. For the guidance, strength, peace and recovery from a trying time. I've worked in a different area of public service and it can be very trying indeed.