• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ruger Precision Rifle Discussion

It will be a bit challenging to run the bolt with that stock installed on your RPR.

Has anyone tried out one of those stocks? As far as I know the bolt shroud isn't necessary. You could run the bolt without it or probably use a Ruger American bolt shroud. There would still be some area need behind the folding mechanism but I'm wondering if those stocks may have enough room.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
This might be a good one
mmexport1546666039660.jpg

Reactions: LongRangeLefty
A little off topic but, got a NICS delay the other day. Bought a Remington 597 just to dick around with. Over two decades of buying guns and I’ve never got one before. Came back proceed two days later. I figure it’s just the holidays. Come on Trump. Fix that shit!

A little off topic but, got a NICS delay the other day. Bought a Remington 597 just to dick around with. Over two decades of buying guns and I’ve never got one before. Came back proceed two days later. I figure it’s just the holidays. Come on Trump. Fix that shit!
I got a CCW just for that purpose becuase in KY if you have a CCW they don’t do the background check. Before I got mine 100% of the time I got the delayed, it was super annoying because I am super impatient. I’m not sure why I always got delayed. I do have a super common name. I also was in the military and had a clearance at one time. Which I was told could be a reason, which might make sense because they only rifle I never got delayed on was the one I bought before joining the military.

I picked up a RPR in 6mmCM this week. 60 rounds down the pipe. Using Lapua brass, GM205MAR, H4350. Ladder testing at 300 yds. Best load for 107 Sierras seems to be 42.5 gr. (2984fps with SD 6) 0.8" and 1.0" 3 shot groups at 300 yds, also shot a 3.25" 4 shot group at 610 yds. The 115 Bergers are also doing well at 0.5 MOA for 3 shot groups at 300 yds, best load so far 41.0 gr. (2800fps) 0.9" 3 shot group. The trigger was 2 pounds but gritty at first but seems to be smoothing out as more rounds are fired. Thank you Sportsmans Warehouse for taking my $680.

Last edited:
You need a took to do that?

There are probably some tools available but I made a wooden block that I drilled first with a hole for the firing pin sring long enough to make sure it wouldn't kink or bend and then a hole the size of the firing pin the rest of the way through. You then can use the bolt handle to compress the spring. There is a video on the Ruger site showing the procedure.

There are probably some tools available but I made a wooden block that I drilled first with a hole for the firing pin sring long enough to make sure it wouldn't kink or bend and then a hole the size of the firing pin the rest of the way through. You then can use the bolt handle to compress the spring. There is a video on the Ruger site showing the procedure.

Yeah, I did the same thing essentially. I just closed my vise to withing an 1/8" or so the firing pin would fit between but the shoulder further back would not. I then used the bolt handle topush down on to compress the spring while I got the tool back in place without drawing blood.

Reactions: ChrisH56
Got my load testing rounds all loaded up for my Proof 24" M24 Prefit barrel. We'll see how they go. Reloder 17 and H4350

Who ever groups the best wins! I'll figure out velocity later LOL. Plus, it's always good to have a couple pet loads for when one powder runs out and unable to resupply. I may do another with IMR 3031 or 4064. Had great luck with those when I was doing 308.

Prime Brass
Norma Golden Target 130g pills
Remington 9 1/2 primers
Loaded to .010" off lands.
Mematic_meme_20190106_140007.png

Last edited:
If you're like me and enjoy dropping $$$ on things because 'Murica.... Check this out. Totally gonna get this when funds permit.

Cadex Defense stock retrofit for your AR or RPR. Screws into the female threaded portion that accepts the buffer tube....

http://www.buckeyetactical.com/cade...eld-series-chassis-ruger-precision-rifle.html

View attachment 6995609
Went to their website and couldn't find it now. Bummer or I just entered the wrong info... Your link worked though,

Went to their website and couldn't find it now. Bummer or I just entered the wrong info... Your link worked though,

I brought it to their attention about the likely inability to run the bolt back/forth. They advised me they would contact Carex and confirm the compatibility with an RPR.... I guess you found out the answer...

They're a bunch of silly willy's and advertised a product for an application it wasn't designed for.

Like racing slicks on a Baja 500 vehicle.....

Reactions: wvuhunter
I don't have any DTACs but 115 berger VLD target ,Lapua brass, 41.0 gr H4350, 2.790 COAL, Federal AR match primer, 2890 fps SD 5. In my ladder test shot 3 into 0.95" at 300 yds. Took it to 610 yds with my last 4 rounds (no wind 6200 DA) was able to squeeze 4 into 2.25":love:. Flattened primers no cratering possibly the faintest of swipe marks, no hard bolt lift. I will not go any hotter. Gm205MAR. Love this RPR.

Reactions: Netman8718
I’ve got what may be a dumb question.....
I bought a RPR 6.5 creedmor about a month ago from Academy Sports. It’s got a 24” 1:8 bbl. my question is how do I know what generation it is?

Attachments

• D078F2D7-1F83-4AA9-AF4A-E3F908C3D34A.jpeg
    D078F2D7-1F83-4AA9-AF4A-E3F908C3D34A.jpeg
    832.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 2267C0F4-5F22-4ECE-9723-7E7EB171BDCD.png
    2267C0F4-5F22-4ECE-9723-7E7EB171BDCD.png
    1 MB · Views: 158
I’ve got what may be a dumb question.....
I bought a RPR 6.5 creedmor about a month ago from Academy Sports. It’s got a 24” 1:8 bbl. my question is how do I know what generation it is?
The biggest change was after the Gen 1 with the handguard. Most sold now are Gen 3 or whatever they’re on now. You can compare your model number to the websites listed model numbers which would be the gen 3 which is what yours looks to be.

This is some of what I remember to help you tell them apart.

The Gen 1 had a handguard that included a piccatinny rail that extended the full length across the top. The Gen 2 had a key-mod rail that was smooth on the top and came from Ruger with an aluminum bolt shroud already installed. The Gen 3 are the current production and sport m-lok rails.

Reactions: fresno
Fellow RPR shooters,

I want to start a movement.

For far too long the RPR has been looked at as lesser than other rifles. Inferior to rifles with names like Vector, Deviant, Spectre, and Scalpel. While those rifles have cool names, our’s has a name that is just a description of what it is, it’s Ruger’s Precision Rifle.

The time has come to create a new name and claim the coolness that it deserves. In the vain of modern names like Tumblr and Grindr I think we should look at the name RPR as just missing a couple vowels.

And so, I present to you….. The ReaPeR! (capitalization for emphasis)

You may ask yourself why am I doing this. Well it’s because I’m bored. Is this a stupid idea? Yes. Is it meaningless? Sure. Is it idiotic? Uh huh. Have you waisted your time reading this? Absolutely.

There is only one questions left. Will you join me on this quest to claim coolness for the rifle that we love?

Who’s with me?!

:p

I have been using Prime 6.5CM and been happy, I heard they are in a dispute with a supplier and have been out of stock for a while. I am looking for factory ammo suggestion to load up on here in CA ahead of the upcoming law changes.

What factory ammo have you all had good luck target/long range(no hunting) that I should shift to?