Shooting at Apalachee High School in Georgia. So far 4 dead, shooter in custody.

I do agree with you that there are cultural differences. There are mental health differences, too. I know that whenever kids come over to visit my kids they are sent with a bunch of ADHD pills, and mothers of other kids on the baseball teams and other stuff are always talking about the need for this medication or that for their kid's behavior. Just as one example, Ritalin is not prescribed in France.

“It’s complicated.”

But not really.

Probably a complex interplay of cultural touchy - feeliness and the drive for profit.

For instance - it only takes 2 weeks to diagnose “Depression,” but 6 months for Schizophrenia.

While Depression is a real disease - the threshold for diagnosing such has gotten lower and lower.

“Obesity” is a disease.

Last I checked, only trees gained weight from breathing air.

We have the option to shut our pieholes and remain hungry (and slim).

The Opiate Crisis, or whatever it’s called - while definitely driven by profit - was probably worsened by that ridiculous 10 - point “pain scale” that nurses use - as well as “patient / customer satisfaction” feedback mandated by corporate medicine.

Not a physician, so what do I know.

But ALL of this IS like arguing with a Hemodialysis patient telling you “I know my body.”

Go figure.

Last edited:
Well, for one, the Swiss are rules-followers.

They also have kept 'most' of the 'religion of peace' types out.

They have nuclear families for the most part.

They deal with societal issues in ways that don't involve the same kind of constitution we have.

They need to keep "order" so as to be seen as a safe economy.

They are about the size of Connecticut... with an economy as big as California and NY put together (That's sort of a guess on my part... but they ain't poor.)

And, well, they're Swiss. How many 'Swiss' have we seen involved in mass shootings in the USA? And, for that matter, how many 'Germans' in Germany. How many 'Brits' in England? Hint... it's not the 'sane' locals!

Sirhr

Ok.

But this is a white kid, born here. All indications are a nuclear family. No hint that he was a muslim.

I can almost guaran-damn-tee you that his family are Trump supporters, gun collectors, and against illegal immigration.

So what do we need to do here? We are not as small as Connecticut. We have illegals. But this was not done by illegals or muslim terrorists. What is the issue causing this?

It is not the guns - that is the real reason I brought up Switzerland.

It is culture.

But what can be done?

I ask, because the reality is that if we keep getting mass school shootings, we will eventually lose the Second Amendment, and that is a no BS prediction. The American voting public is not the same as snipershide participants. These events endanger our liberty.

Even Trump took executive action after the Vegas incident, and after the high school mass shooting in Florida, Trump was ready to do red flag laws with no due process (remember that?). Thankfully, he could not do that without Congress, which refused to go along. He could not do the bump stock thing without Congress, either, but look how many years it took to establish that in the courts, and most of those cases lost along the way.

So what to do?

a thought. if a 13 yo who posted a "threat" in '23 & is monitored,how constantly are some of us on here being more closely monitored than we already think we are. a lot of posting on here very critical of and unfriendly to our rulers and their actions.
just because one is paranoid does not mean that they are not out to get one.
All of us that are not working for the present system in some way are being monitored. Mostly by algorithmic analysis running through alphabet agency computer programs. Occasionally the AI kicks something up to a real person to be investigated, but travel and overtime cost $$$, and bureaucrats are lazy as fuck. A truly objective analysis of our contribution by a smart semi-detached functional psychopath is very rare. Those consultants are easily bored, very hard to manage, and tend to think like us. It’s tough being a management stooge.

Personal take - "mental illness" is a convenient cop - out.

The issue likely goes beyond that.

They're a culture which actually understands and practices Spiderman's "with great power comes great responsibility" trope.

One of respect and self - restraint.

Here, you might accidentally trip over a firearm because you weren't looking.

Mentioned this elsewhere before - but our firearms are like that greasy fat that just saturates and overflows from our steaks and fries. It's a ubiquitous, omnipresent infestation.

Almost like termites.

No way this will work here.

And apparently this range over the highway isn't an isolated aberration in Switzerland.

There are holes all over the place at my local gun range.

In America, it's freeeeeedom above everything else.

It's a place where it's perfectly fine to ostentatiously chomp down on your Big Mac meal in front of some starving homeless guy, because you paid for it.

Freedom above everything else.

Including responsibility.

Or even common sense.

To the point of vulgarity.

Probably contributory to why things are tipping in the direction of freedom being slowly taken away from us.

We are not the Swiss, and never will be.

What's the American Swedish population compared to the "Amish?" What percentage of crimes are committed by the American Swedes?

So Colt Gray denied posting the threats online. Apparently they had nothing much more than an IP address. The Jackson County Sheriff's Office interviewed Colt and his father. The father said he had some hunting rifles, but they were locked up, and Colt had no access.

The FBI clearly said that there was "no probable cause."

Under our Constitution, the government "fails to act" when there is no probable cause. It is very easy, in hindsight, to declare that they should have ransacked the house and waterboarded 13 year old Colt until he confessed that he made the threats, then locked him up in the supermax facility in Colorado next to the Unabomber never to see the outside world again. The result? No school shooting. Society is safe! FBI and Jackson County save the day! That is how our police action heroes in the movies do it, right? Ignore the rules and get the job done. We do not, however, live in that sort of society. We have a constitution. We have a Fourth Amendment.

Do you know how many of these "threat" interviews state and federal law enforcement conduct annually? It has to be in the hundreds of thousands. Guess how many of them later end in mass murder?

Everybody on the internet is an expert, though. If only this case had been in your capable hands back in May of 2023, this shooting in August of 2024 never would have happened, because you are competent and efficient. You watch Die Hard every Christmas. Those pansy Biden FBI agents and the Jackson Sheriff's Office deputies are all a bunch of incompetent nincompoops compared to you . . . right?

One day, somebody will come along, read all of your Monday morning quarterbacking posts on snipershide, recognize your ultimate competence, and put you in charge of everything. On that day and forever moving forward, there will be no more school shootings, but until that day, we must deal with the downsides of having a Bill of Rights.

IMG_3482.jpeg

What IS that thing?!

Reactions: AllenOne1
It was an AR.

It is visible on the floor in the hallway.

"They" never said a shotgun was used. Some prankster on the internet posted that, and the rest of you are gullible and ran with it.

There was never any factual issue about whether a shotgun was used. It was made up internet BS.
Ok, when shit goes down you run with what information thats first coming out.

You don't sit there like some fucking mute, chain smoking Marlboros until three days after it happens because you don't want to be 'gullible.'

1725548891757.png

Last edited:
Under our Constitution, the government "fails to act" when there is no probable cause. It is very easy, in hindsight, to declare that they should have ransacked the house and waterboarded 13 year old Colt until he confessed that he made the threats, then locked him up in the supermax facility in Colorado next to the Unabomber never to see the outside world again. The result? No school shooting. Society is safe! FBI and Jackson County save the day! That is how our police action heroes in the movies do it, right? Ignore the rules and get the job done. We do not, however, live in that sort of society. We have a constitution. We have a Fourth Amendment.

We’re already under heavy surveillance by our own government “for our own safety.”

Their AI probably sucks, and they can’t handle the volume :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: UKDslayer
Ok, when shit goes down you run with what best information thats first coming out.

You don't sit there like some fucking mute, chain smoking Marlboros until three days after it happens because you don't want to be 'gullible.'

Run? Why? From what? To whom?

As it likely has no immediate effect on your “family, friends, and loved ones,” the prudent thing to do is keep quiet and let the dust settle.

Kinda reminds me of the “news” which alleged that the Trump shooter was a “Chinese National,” which would have suited the anti - Chyna narrative beautifully.

Last edited:
Reactions: sloporsche
Ok.

But this is a white kid, born here. All indications are a nuclear family. No hint that he was a muslim.

I can almost guaran-damn-tee you that his family are Trump supporters, gun collectors, and against illegal immigration.

So what do we need to do here? We are not as small as Connecticut. We have illegals. But this was not done by illegals or muslim terrorists. What is the issue causing this?

It is culture.

But what can be done?

I ask, because the reality is that if we keep getting mass school shootings, we will eventually lose the Second Amendment, and that is a no BS prediction. The American voting public is not the same as snipershide participants. These events endanger our liberty.

Even Trump took executive action after the Vegas incident, and after the high school mass shooting in Florida, Trump was ready to do red flag laws with no due process (remember that?). Thankfully, he could not do that without Congress, which refused to go along. He could not do the bump stock thing without Congress, either, but look how many years it took to establish that in the courts, and most of those cases lost along the way.

So what to do?

Sadly, there is probably not much. A society has to reach rock-bottom before it makes any change.

And 'real' rock bottom means we end up like Greece, Rome, Ankgor Wat, Nazca... or any one of dozens of 'empires' that ended up as third world shitholes.

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS Not very Cheery. But I don't have a quick fix. Not one that would 'work' without what amounts to a virtual police state or genocide anyway. Freedom is messy. Leftists want clean, neat, safe control. Where everyone is pretty much just an animatron. Yup, probably would not get shot. But you wouldn't be human, either.

• Sad
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
Run? Why? From what? To whom?

As it likely has no immediate effect on our “family, friends, and loved ones,” the prudent thing to do is keep quiet and let the dust settle.

Kinda reminds me of the “news” which alleged that the Trump shooter was a “Chinese National,” which would have suited the anti - Chyna narrative beautifully.
Oh, ok.

Today's News :
Yesterday, a student went into a high school in Georgia and killed four people using an AR15. How's that?

Reactions: 232593
Pretty good, right?

Truthful with no spin.
Spin? Spin would have have been if they first said it was an AR and it turned out to be a shotgun.

No it's not right. "Hey folks, don't mind all the cops and ambulances running to your kid's high school because of some possible shooter. We don't have all the hard facts, what exactly he's shooting or if your kid is a victim. We'll let you know sometime later...."

Last edited:
That picture is NOT the correct Colt Gray. That is an innocent kid in Oklahoma. PLEASE take it down.

The weapon was not a shotgun.

It is an AR15. There is a picture of it on the floor in a hallway at the school already out and public (saw it briefly on the news this morning). Plus, the GBI has identified it as an AR15.

Also, the FBI sent the Jackson Sheriff's Office out to the boy's house in May or March (had an M in it, LOL) of 2023, when he was 13, over threats. His Dad said the guns were locked up, and Colt had no access. Colt denied having posted the threats.

Law enforcement had nothing solid to link the boy to the threats. NO PROBABLE CAUSE. Be careful about throwing out our Bill of Rights using hindsight. There are hundreds of thousands of "threat" investigations. Because we have a Bill of Rights, the government needs probable cause to take action. If the investigation does not turn up any, then they do not act.

We do not live in a country where they lock up the dad and then waterboard the boy until he confesses. And you should be thankful that we do not.

I will take the downsides of our Bill of Rights along with having it. I will not throw the baby out with the bath water.
Thanks for policing the internet for fallacies.

You’re on here a day later correcting other people for sharing information, even if it turned out to be false, that was available at the time.
Some of us correct ourselves when we get the correct info. Thanks anyway. Carry on.

Spin? Spin would have have been if they first said it was an AR and it turned out to be a shotgun.

No it's not right. "Hey folks, don't mind all the cops and ambulances running to your kid's high school because of some possible shooter. We don't have all the hard facts, what exactly he's shooting or if your kid is a victim. We'll let you know sometime later...."
After I read your initial post yesterday I wondered how long it would be until they turned the shotgun turned into an AR.

Reactions: TexPatriot
Ok.

It is culture.

But what can be done?

So what to do?
That's just it. We are always going to have crazies that have to be put down. It has always been that way. How much you want to bet it's a percentage of population and we had provblems like this maybe 200 years ago?

Even then, good people with weapons stopped bad people with weapons. It's only now that our culture coddles the murderers.

So, my solution to Hannibal Lecter, for example, is get rid of Lecter. Don't worry about his childhood and experiences. That is because I believe in personal responsibility more than demonology.

We have free will. What if this kid was bullied? I was bullied now and then as a kid when people kept rifles and shotties in racks in their unlocked trucks. I didn't shoot anyone. In fact, the whole point of mine was to avoid conflict and only fight when I have to, as my mother taught me.

So, no, removing the second amendment will not solve it. More gun free zones is definitely NOT solving it. Perhaps, the problem is thinking that it can be solved. It might be that this problem cannot be solved. That we can do is arm more teachers and put down the rabid dogs as they appear.

Also, I have never thought it was a good idea to jam people together who may not get along. What if this kid did not have to interact or share a building with people he did not like? He is still responsible but most people, given a chance, most people would rather avoid the people they don't like.

That's just it. We are always going to have crazies that have to be put down. It has always been that way. How much you want to bet it's a percentage of population and we had provblems like this maybe 200 years ago?

Even then, good people with weapons stopped bad people with weapons. It's only now that our culture coddles the murderers.

So, my solution to Hannibal Lecter, for example, is get rid of Lecter. Don't worry about his childhood and experiences. That is because I believe in personal responsibility more than demonology.

We have free will. What if this kid was bullied? I was bullied now and then as a kid when people kept rifles and shotties in racks in their unlocked trucks. I didn't shoot anyone. In fact, the whole point of mine was to avoid conflict and only fight when I have to, as my mother taught me.

So, no, removing the second amendment will not solve it. More gun free zones is definitely NOT solving it. Perhaps, the problem is thinking that it can be solved. It might be that this problem cannot be solved. That we can do is arm more teachers and put down the rabid dogs as they appear.

Also, I have never thought it was a good idea to jam people together who may not get along. What if this kid did not have to interact or share a building with people he did not like? He is still responsible but most people, given a chance, most people would rather avoid the people they don't like.
Most trucks had truck guns when I was in high school. The windows were left down because it was hot and wasn't raining.

Hey, remember that? When it started raining kids would run out to the parking lot to roll their windows up? Yes, yes I'm a boomer.

Thanks for policing the internet for fallacies.

You’re on here a day later correcting other people for sharing information, even if it turned out to be false, that was available at the time.
Some of us correct ourselves when we get the correct info. Thanks anyway. Carry on.
The picture was posted after it should have been well known that it was some innocent kid in Oklahoma.

"Please take it down" is not offensive in any way. If I was slandering some innocent person, I would want to know about it and correct it immediately. There is nothing to get offended about in what I posted.

Reactions: UKDslayer
Because at this point people are solely reliant on an official narrative from a government that will kill its own people to further a policy agenda.
An official government narrative?

These are real persons in a real local community. I know the Hide loves the whole government conspiracy angle, but, dammit, there are teachers, students, local cops, paramedics, and GBI all there on the scene, not to mention nurses and doctors at the hospital and the coroner. Many here in Georgia know some or many of them and can talk to them directly.

Oh, but the CIA and the FBI came in and whitewashed it all . . .

Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

You have watched to many low budget B movies.

• Haha
Reactions: Jsp556
Most trucks had truck guns when I was in high school. The windows were left down because it was hot and wasn't raining.

Hey, remember that? When it started raining kids would run out to the parking lot to roll their windows up? Yes, yes I'm a boomer.
I'm gen x and remember it.
It was mostly seniors and some juniors that had vehicles back then so the rest of us rode the bus with our guns and checked them at the principals office or our home room teacher until school let out.
We all had knives in our pockets too. Even some of the girls, especially the Amish girls.
Nobody ever considered using a gun or any other kind of weapon to settle a dispute, it was settled with your fists if it came to that on the playground and win, lose or draw when it was over you got up dusted yourself off and went back to class and moved on.

Last edited:
i can stand a bit corrected on saying no mass killings in the past. i refer to what we have seen becoming common since,say,columbine. war pre history was essentially mass killing,aztec human sacrifice same,mongol conquest was for sure,stalin and hitler,30 years war slaughter also. i see some kind of goal,specific target or objective in the ones i am aware of in history. obviously not serial killings. serial killers have been around forever in all times and societies.
i still maintain that events like this are a new phenom driven by some recent changes in western culture. the muslim knife attacks common now in europe may be the same or may likely be driven by different forces.
Bath school massacre, 1927

Most "mass shootings" today are gang violence, or as I see it tribal war. No diffrent than Mongolians or Muslim hoards. It's just tribalism at its finest.

Reactions: 10ring'r and Ronws
I'm gen x and remember it.
It was mostly seniors and some juniors that had vehicles back then so the rest of us rode the bus with our guns and checked them at the principals office or our home room teacher until school let out.
We all had knives in our pockets too. Even some of the girls, especially the Amish girls.
Nobody ever considered using a gun or any other kind of weapon to settle a dispute, it was settled with your fists if it came to that on the playground and win, lose or draw when it was over you got up dusted yourself off and went back to class and moved on.
There was one turd that did bring a .38. News travelled fast he had a revolver in his locker. The guy was an idiot. He dressed like a cowboy, chewed tobbaco, was huge, wore size 14 Dan Post boots and looked and sounded just like Slim Pickens. He told everyone he was a bullrider and sometimes wore a new bullriding glove, never used or had resin on it

Bringing a handgun to school was a dick move.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lange Carabine
I feel for these parents and family members, but let's keep in mind that the chances of you or your kids getting shot while at school, are almost zero. Not zero, but very, very close to zero. They are probably more likely to get killed by the gun in your house than by the hands of a kid shooting other kids in a public school.

"2000 to 2021: public and private schools resulted in 515 deaths and 1,161 injuries"

"Around 15 children die from playground-related injuries in the United States each year. The most common cause of death is strangulation from clothing, strings, or ropes" 15 x 21 years = 315 deaths.

The playground is almost as dangerous as the school shootings. But kids dying from jump ropes is OK!

Last edited:
Football coaches among the victims, pump shotgun used, 14 yr.old shooter.
Ive been away on the road for a week.. catching up on the fall of society now. News is saying he had an AR style rifle. Ive been saying for awhile that I hope these moonbats dont wise up and use a shotgun, close quarters with buckshot would cause more damage... if they are proficient at reloading fast... "AR" just seems to be the go-to. Wonder what the truth is?

Ive been away on the road for a week.. catching up on the fall of society now. News is saying he had an AR style rifle. Ive been saying for awhile that I hope these moonbats dont wise up and use a shotgun, close quarters with buckshot would cause more damage... if they are proficient at reloading fast... "AR" just seems to be the go-to. Wonder what the truth is?
I guess the latest is the media's crowd favorite but yeah, a shotgun would be devastating.

I feel for these parents and family members, but let's keep in mind that the chances of you or your kids getting shot while at school, are almost zero. Not zero, but very, very close to zero. They are probably more likely to get killed by the gun in your house than by the hands of a kid shooting other kids in a public school.

"2000 to 2021: public and private schools resulted in 515 deaths and 1,161 injuries"

"Around 15 children die from playground-related injuries in the United States each year. The most common cause of death is strangulation from clothing, strings, or ropes" 15 x 21 years = 315 deaths.

The playground is almost as dangerous as the school shootings. But kids dying from jump ropes is OK!
We had one of those cowboy wannabes too.
Short and slight of build he wore jeans, a western button up shirt, cowboy boots and white Richard Petty hat to school every day.
He didn't ride the bus, his mom dropped him off and picked him up.
Can't remember his first name now but his last name was Camp.
"Boots" Camp.
Doubt he ever rode a horse or bull either, too much of a dapper Dan.
No pistol though.
He struck me as the type to be afraid of guns.

We do not live in a country where they lock up the dad and then waterboard the boy until he confesses. And you should be thankful that we do not.
LO-Fucking-L J6 has entered the chat.

His aunt, Annie Brown, told the Washington Post on Thursday that the boy had been “begging for help from everybody around him.”

She said he had been struggling with his mental health prior to the shooting.

That picture is NOT the correct Colt Gray. That is an innocent kid in Oklahoma. PLEASE take it down.

The weapon was not a shotgun.

It is an AR15. There is a picture of it on the floor in a hallway at the school already out and public (saw it briefly on the news this morning). Plus, the GBI has identified it as an AR15.

Also, the FBI sent the Jackson Sheriff's Office out to the boy's house in May or March (had an M in it, LOL) of 2023, when he was 13, over threats. His Dad said the guns were locked up, and Colt had no access. Colt denied having posted the threats.

Law enforcement had nothing solid to link the boy to the threats. NO PROBABLE CAUSE. Be careful about throwing out our Bill of Rights using hindsight. There are hundreds of thousands of "threat" investigations. Because we have a Bill of Rights, the government needs probable cause to take action. If the investigation does not turn up any, then they do not act.

I will take the downsides of our Bill of Rights along with having it. I will not throw the baby out with the bath water.
you are right i am afraid. this is a downside of the bill. but the incompetence and political leaning of the fbi is an issue. the red flag laws are an attempt to punish with no trial or any hearing. states vary. unsupervised or warrantless web spying is also at issue. those are also a big bill violations. and are certainly used as an anti 2A club,esp when convenient. how does the fbi tune into "threats" ? we all know how. and afraid we here are also a target like any 2A site.

“It’s complicated.”

But not really.

Probably a complex interplay of cultural touchy - feeliness and the drive for profit.

For instance - it only takes 2 weeks to diagnose “Depression,” but 6 months for Schizophrenia.

While Depression is a real - the threshold for diagnosing such has gotten lower and lower.

“Obesity” is a disease.

Last I checked, only trees gained weight from breathing air.

We have the option to shut our pieholes and remain hungry (and slim).

The Opiate Crisis, or whatever it’s called - while definitely driven by profit - was probably worsened by that ridiculous 10 - point “pain scale” that nurses use - as well as “patient / customer satisfaction” feedback mandated by corporate medicine.

Not a pnysician, so what do I know.

But ALL of this IS like arguing with a Hemodialysis patient telling you “I know my body.”

Go figure.
the opiate crisis is essentially a control/power tool. have dealt with a bunch of pain over 40 years. nurses and doctors have to take the patients word for pain complaints. they say they have pain? then they do. the scale is an imperfect tool but what else? knowledge and experience can not be replaced by AI or some ins co/gov generated protocol. most people overstate their pain level like they lie about how much they drink. some are very stoic. patients aren't perfect or precise. some docs over prescribe. orthopedic surgeons often do. but,a femoral fracture or a crushed hand are pretty painful. allowing someone to stay in pain vs over prescribing is a trade off in real life. be VEEERY careful about gov attempts to gain control of pain management. they are trying to do that. think pain treatment might be considered in line with your coming social score?
many become addicts thru a variety of ways. who cares? deal with it. the war on drugs has been a big $ waste,erodes the bill of rights,hasn't worked has given the LE heros a whole bunch of tools and toys. some people walk in front of moving cars. let's pass a law!

mug shots imply arrest. when,for what? data coming from everywhere already conflicting starting to make this look like penn or vegas rut fuck. being a reliably paranoid conspiracy theorist does make me wonder why a straight,well documented and publicly verifiable story is never available,esp for likely to be politically charged occurrences. 11/63 ring a bell?

We will never see an effective armed teacher. Some coaches hunt and are gun proficient but thats a small minority thats getting smaller.

Some of my coaches hunted and so did our Jr. High principal but kids weren't mentally-ill fags back then.

Abbott allowed for grant of 25K/teacher to train and arm.

I always like the idea of using guys who came back from deployment needing a job as resource officers here.

Texas lawmakers advanced a bill this week that would compensate school employees with stipends of up to $25,000 per school year for being trained to carry a weapon on K-12 campuses and buses. Called the “school sentinel” program, it would also require training on “mental health first aid” and trauma-informed care.

Last edited: