• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

I called this morning and spoke to Norm at The TRRC . He said they offer tours of the facility every Saturday at 0930 for a look around at the facilities available. Anyone interested in meeting up for a walk around? It's 45-ish minutes away from Lacey, about the same time wise to the Marksman in Puyallup or the facility in Shelton for me. Nothing else "in the neighborhood" that is condusive to my schedule. The range on Ft Lewis would be closer, but only open 3 days a week from 1000-1600 conflicts with my shift schedule times and I can't go before work than leave them in the truck afterwards while on shift. Not to mention the hoops to get EVERYTHING registered with PMO.

What say you fellas? 0930 for a meet and greet and a walk around? Perhaps some grub afterwards? I gotta work that afternoon but as long as I am homeward bound by 1300 I should be able to get home and get everything set at the house before going to work. Not sure if I'll bring anything to shoot, but I might change my mind between now and then.

I am already a member (think I previously introduced myself) will no doubt be on the Rifle line Sat AM if you do the tour.
I have been there a couple of times this week and have had the range to myself.
I have a Ford F350 grey with canopy.
Merry Christmas
Mike

Same to you
smile.gif

....and Happy Festivus for the rest of us.......

festivus.jpg

Very personable folks at the TRRC this morning. Sorry I missed meeting you BOOTNECK, maybe another time. I decided not to bring anything until I knew what the do's and don'ts were, didn't want to start off on a wrong foot. Probably best I didn't carry either as I found out that rule is changing.

Went walkabout with Forrest but didn't really see much as the fog was still pretty thick. All in all a nice place and I joined up. 200 yards will be fine for now as I have to zero and everything pretty much from scratch. I can "push the limits" later down the road, no rush there.

With Tuesdays and Wednesdays as my weekend for the forseeable future I'll just keep my fingers crossed for better weather. Hope everyones was Merry. Full/Blue moon and a Lunar Eclipse coming up on New Years Eve. I hope everyone has a Happy
smile.gif

Wilco. The briefing and walkabout took about an hour. Since I didn't bring anything to shoot with me, I hung out a few minutes more and talked to Norm before leaving and heading back home. Accuweather say that Wednesday should be pretty good weather wise. Maybe I can get my "biggun" zeroed. Not sure else I might bring with me, but a couple of handguns as well should make the trip, at least. Here's a pic of the "family"........

DSC01817.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOOTNECK9Z45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM me re Wednesday..Mike </div></div>

I sent you a PM earlier today. I'm at work now and just found out I have to cover a shift for someone Tuesday and Wednesday
frown.gif
Looks like it'll be next year before we can do anything. Gives me a little more time to scrounge around for some targets that'll meet with their acceptance. Be in touch.

Well the SHWW West location should be free and clear now. I am going to go out and scout for other alternate spots soon. Try to find a better backstop location with only one acces point, and if someone is in the normal location we can get another set up.

Possibly set up a shootout for 2-6 and 2-7 out west.

Happy New Year guys! So I picked out a rifle to get me in the front door, here it is. A Remington 700 5R .308 with a SS 3-9x42 scope. I had the barrel bedded and the trigger worked on by a local gun smith, thanks again for the recommendations! I know it's not much, but it's a start for me, the wife freaked when she found out how much I REALLY wanted to spend and this was the settled on version to keep me married.
smile.gif

newrig.JPG

Hoping to get a chance now to go out and shoot with some of you and some point.

The CRPC in Ravensdale has it's next new member meeting on the 12th of the month which I will be going to.

Talk to you soon,

Marty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nailz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happy New Year guys! So I picked out a rifle to get me in the front door, here it is. A Remington 700 5R .308 with a SS 3-9x42 scope. I had the barrel bedded and the trigger worked on by a local gun smith, thanks again for the recommendations! I know it's not much, but it's a start for me, the wife freaked when she found out how much I REALLY wanted to spend and this was the settled on version to keep me married.
smile.gif

newrig.JPG

Hoping to get a chance now to go out and shoot with some of you and some point.

The CRPC in Ravensdale has it's next new member meeting on the 12th of the month which I will be going to.

Talk to you soon,

Marty </div></div>

Congrats Nailz..... .........you're doomed.
smirk.gif

Aiming for a 10-ish arrival to zero my Win70. If I can get that done right then verifying the zero on my Win94 and maybe some handgun action with my CCW piece to finish the session off.

Hi guys, putting a feeler out for another tactical/ long range presision rifle match, this spring in the Wenatchee area.
The match will be all steel. I'm trying to get a section of priviate land (PL) that we can go to 1760yards on. I also will have a night shoot, same as last year. The PL is remote but will allow us more lattatude than the gun club and make for more field type shooting scenarios. I have a local gun shop going to the Shot Show that will drum up prize table goodies.
Need an idea of who all might be interested.
Let me know here or by PM.
Thanks
Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi guys, putting a feeler out for another tactical/ long range presision rifle match, this spring in the Wenatchee area.
The match will be all steel. I'm trying to get a section of priviate land (PL) that we can go to 1760yards on. I also will have a night shoot, same as last year. The PL is remote but will allow us more lattatude than the gun club and make for more field type shooting scenarios. I have a local gun shop going to the Shot Show that will drum up prize table goodies.
Need an idea of who all might be interested.
Let me know here or by PM.
Thanks
Jim</div></div>

IN IN IN! Last year's match was an absolute blast (and I had to leave before the night portion)! Looking WAY forward to it.

-Matt

I am interested....cost? caliber restrictions? 1 day? 2 day? Summer? Spring? Fall? Off hand? Prone? Weak side? Standing? Sling only?

I know at some point you just gotta jump into comps....but having never done one, worst I could do is cry and go home yeah?

re: the format -- I attended this match last year (first time), and it was a ton of fun.

The whole match was "no rear bag", which is apparently tradition for this match. You could use the tail of your TAB sling or whatnot though.

Almost everything had a time limit -- so varying degrees of "clock pressure" present on every stage. Generally enough time for all of the shots, if you are efficient. Decent capacity magazine helpful, so you don't have to start manually feeding rounds halfway through a string, though certainly not required.

Stages last year included:

Long range cold bore

Position shooting (including transitioning between and shooting from different positions).

Support side shooting (ie, "opposite handed").

"Know your limits"

Transitioning between multiple targets (at different ranges), etc.

Their range out there has a ton of interesting wind, so wind reading skills are definitely a plus.

In short, it's a total blast, and will expose the weak points in your skills and your equipment -- ie, a great learning experience. The atmosphere is laid back, friendly, and a lot of fun -- so don't be intimidated, just come out and have fun.

I'll try to dig up the COF from last year when I have a chance.

-Matt

No problem -- I'd be awesome to have a bunch of you guys out there
smile.gif

Found the COF from last year:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 1:</span> 600 yards; Cold Bore; One shot; 30 seconds

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 2: </span>600 yards; Know your limit; 4 shots; 90 seconds

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 3:</span> 600 yards; 500 yards; 600 yards. 2 shots each; 75 seconds.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 4:</span> 700 yards; 5 shots; 50 seconds

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 5:</span> 500 yards; 600 yards; 500 yards. Weak side; 2 shots each; 100 seconds

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 6:</span> 300 yards; Hostage target; 3 shots & 2 shots at 350 yards; 75 seconds

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 7:</span> 100 yards; Off-hand; 200 yards; Barrel; 300 yards; Sitting; 5 shots each; 180
seconds.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 8:</span> Unknown target; 2 shots; 45 seconds

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 9:</span> 300 yards; Barrier; 5 shots; 120 seconds

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 10:</span> 300 yards; 465 yards; 300 yards; Sitting only; 3 shots at each stage; 75 seconds

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 11:</span> 465 yards; Weak side; 2 targets; 2 shots; 90 seconds

Night Shooting:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 12:</span> 600 yards; 2 shots; 20 seconds

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 13:</span> 485 yards; 2 shots; 20 seconds

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 14:</span> 485 yards; Off-set target; 2 shots; 20 seconds

So the weak side is weak trigger finger and weak shoulder....but does the eye matter?

Also offhand is standing correct?

As far as sitting is it crossleged and slung or on one knee?

And the Unknown is with a given size target just not distance....and with or without RF?

Gotta know what to practice on!!

I assume since it is a night shoot there is camping near there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the weak side is weak trigger finger and weak shoulder....but does the eye matter?</div></div>

....... I wanna' see this!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the weak side is weak trigger finger and weak shoulder....but does the eye matter?</div></div>

....... I wanna' see this!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

What???? You making fun of a Newbie.....F'n Moths!!!!
shocked.gif

Dude... I'm a newbie too! Just think everything is the EXACT opposite for your support side ("weak side") shooting... you're a mirror image of yourself, except you still run the bolt with the same hand.... although, I still would like to see this headstand shot you are working up....
wink.gif

The targets are HUGE.... and really close.
whistle.gif

But do you use the Left eye instead correct? Saw mattj do it but didn't pay close attention.

Sorry I figured since you were so old that you had done it before!!!!

Sorry I had to since Blackwidow hasn't been around lately....I saw his truck at his office today though....I don't think he has internet at his house....I figured he would still come to the hide.

Ya i think i asked on that before and its your left eye, unless you can somehow get your head all the way over to use your right eye. think about shooting like normal but using your left eye, pretty much impossible. I asked because im partial blind in my left eye and its not correctible with glasses, so do i just get to sit that one out or what? ahahah why does the moth have to be so discriminatory towards my "dissability"? ahhaha.

CJG

I guess I will be the first cheap bastard and ask about a carpool.....Wenatchee is a long drive and if Me, Rotor, Dafar, DonP and whoever else from West are all driving over fuel split up would be significantly less.

I will offer my truck for the trip with 18MPG Hwy/Fwy and have no problem pileing in and paying for fuel in another rig....

Seems awful quiet in general..... symptom of the times I'm guessin'.
frown.gif

Guys, I wouldn't get to wrapped around the axle... you two shoot with your eyes closed anyway.... don't ya'?
laugh.gif

Seriously though.... try it out tonight... you figure out real quick, how intertwined that cheek-weld/eye-relief relationship is to your sight picture... then envision <span style="text-decoration: underline">finding</span> and engaging small, distant targets, out in the middle of some big ole' hillside, with a clock ticking.... when you'd just be happy if you could get your head back into that position where you could actually even SEE through the damn scope
eek.gif
....all while balancing on an excer-ball...

OK, looking like we will have plenty of shooters show up. I'm having a meeting in 2 weeks to start ironing out the details.
I'll keep you all updated as more info comes out.
If we go to a mile, it will be a fun shoot, not part of the match.
The night event will count towards the match score.
Max range in the match will be in the 1200 yard range with most shots ~600 and under. We will NOT be using last years course of fire as I have always changed it year to year.
Thanks for your interest.
Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I will be the first cheap bastard and ask about a carpool.....Wenatchee is a long drive and if Me, Rotor, Dafar, DonP and whoever else from West are all driving over fuel split up would be significantly less.

I will offer my truck for the trip with 18MPG Hwy/Fwy and have no problem pileing in and paying for fuel in another rig.... </div></div>

Ya i would be in for car pooling. We will just have to see what the dates are and what equipment we need.

CJG