• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Although its a random question for this paticular thread, yes 30-06 is a good LR round.

Reason little is mentioned anymore about it is due to the 308 being able to replicate the performance in a much smaller and cheaper package. I say cheaper as the 308 uses less powder than the aught six.

So is anybody planning on Cascade this weekend? What day and what time?

Cheers

Gordon

Got a ballpark time for the AM on either day? I live just up the road from there so I tend to be there ready to shoot at 9 but I can go later to meet up with people its not a big deal either way for me.

Look for a silver H3 usualy on the HP range at the 200yd line if its open (if I get there early enough to stake claim). Last week they were shooting from the 600yd line which I wanted to get checked off on but I didnt have confirmed data on my load at the time. So maybe this weekend if an RO is out there I can do it.

Hey guys, I will be out there in the early part of the morning Saturday to go through the orientation, not sure how long I will be around after that as the family has some things to do.

Look for me though, I'm 6'3" and about 250, wearing a UW hat most of the time.
smile.gif

Marty

Anchor - usually 9 or shortly thereafter... I've got several different projects I'm working on.... so depending on what's available, I'm good doing load work and setting some zero's on B.... or playing around on C (HP). However, if on C, I'd really like to verify dope at the multiple ranges... I think you were looking at doing that as well....?

Nailz..... you're doomed....
smirk.gif

Tribe, the Highpower Range is the D range correct? 600,300 and 200 right?

C range is 50-200 not too concened about my 100 and 200 yd dope just crank up .4 Mrad from 100 zero and shoot. Im down for either I certainly can keep myself entertained on the C range just seems like for LR rifles the D range is more suited for the prone crowd as well as its usually wide open free of other shooters. I just hate the constant cease fires when there are 10 people trying to shoot on it at once.

Yes, D... my bad.

I agree completely... I shoot B when dinkin' around - no berms + reactive targets (ie - clays). D when I'm out past 200 and content with paper... bugs me when I want to shoot long, and someone is using the 200 on D, when there is room on B or C... if you know what I mean. That being said, D is a great spot for a called rendezvous.
wink.gif

I'm probably the guy at the 200yd line lol. I need to get "Checked off" to shoot at 600. I guess they got sick of patching holes in the roof of the 200yd awning.

I'll be on here later and post what time I'll be there tomorrow. Hell I may even get 50 rounds out today if I leave work soon
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Station</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm probably the guy at the 200yd line lol.</div></div>
Naw... if you were, we'd of met.
wink.gif

I was hoping to swing through this afternoon as well... might yet make it.

Hey, Tribe. You all want to come back up to my AO, & get some practice in for the match in Wenatchee? Maybe we can see this time. I need to try some sitting, & weak side for the match. (And find out if my back will handle it!)

Thanks Tribe---hows things looking for next weekend at cascade? I need to work out a couple of different loads and run the choronie while verifing the dope, but this weekend is already spoken for

Nailz.... not seeing it yet... but I'm guessing it has something to do with Anchor being T.U..... I'll be down there, probably around 9:30. Blue Jeep. I'm tellin' you dude.... run while you still can....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nailz.... not seeing it yet... but I'm guessing it has something to do with Anchor being T.U..... I'll be down there, probably around 9:30. Blue Jeep. I'm tellin' you dude.... run while you still can....
wink.gif
</div></div>

Yep, exactly what it was about...
smile.gif

I will see you around 9:30 then, gray Chrysler 300, 6'3" 250 with a UW hat on.

Maybe you should be running, from having to take a new guy to school! He mentioned the D range, I may need to go over to the 100 on C and zero this new rifle as well.

Marty

Well crap.... it's official... I think I might be hooked.

Hooked up with Tribe today out there, he was very patient and answered all my noob questions. Got my scope zeroed and proceeded to get some shots downrange. Had a great time, learned a ton and will be back on range again really soon.

Thanks again Chad, and hopefully I'll see you out there soon as well Anchor!

Marty

Went out and looked around on the private land today.
Property is 1 mile deep X 1.5 miles wide. Very open terrain with a lot of options. As of right now looks like a 50-50 chance of having the match there. Biggest hurdle is the legal mumbo jumbo.
Put a few chunks of steel up and shot to 1050 yards to get the feel of the land. I'll keep you posted.
PS I did get a cold bore hit on the 806 yard 10"x10" steel with my 338 Lapua:)
JtP

Gonna try this again next Sunday...probably with a USO on my AI
mad.gif
not going to get further into that untill I can make some phone calls.

Good meeting you Tribe! Sorry it wasnt a more productive range session BTW thanks for helping with the spotting and troubble shooting.

Gordon

Going to meet up with my cousin in Forks and look for other spots out west.

Hopefully I can find a few alternate spots if the one we have used in the past gets messed up.....

Feb 6th and 7th out west if anybody wants to come out....I will start the list

2-6 and 2-7 SHWW Sol Duc Shootout

1)dontstrokeme
2)Tribe
3)The Kid?

Hey Dont stroke me your more than welcome to ride with don and I or we can all piss in your rigs tank I am sure we can work it out. I am actually thinking about heading over and staying in my Pop up or a motel room so we dont have to drive there and back in one day

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAFAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Dont stroke me your more than welcome to ride with don and I or we can all piss in your rigs tank I am sure we can work it out. I am actually thinking about heading over and staying in my Pop up or a motel room so we dont have to drive there and back in one day </div></div>

For the Findlay Cup? We can pull the pop-up with my truck if you want? I was thinking on sleeping in the cab anyways....unless a motel is just outright cheap.....somthing along the lines of Me,you,DonP, Rotor? But whichever way works out is just fine by me.....once we get closer we should be able to find out what motels are near the shoot. If it is truly spring time then I will just bring my small tent if I ride and don't drive.

Ok. If I read the ferry right it doesn't cost any more for my truck camper. Is there a level place to park it there? That way I can have water, shower, refer, freezer, stove, music, TV, X-Box, & can sleep up to 4. 3 comfortably.

Yeah Mattj...that is what I am going for this weekend....little powersaw should clean up the alders nicely.

Market Garden gonna try the 223AI out to 1111 yards?

2-6 and 2-7 SHWW Sol Duc
1)dontstrokeme
2)Tribe
3)The Kid
4)Big Wheels
5)MattJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is total BS! I'm not even comin' now... </div></div>

Ok...let's do it by age....
shocked.gif
.....not there either Tribe!