• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Station</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are killing me
frown.gif

I'll be at the High Power clinic on the 6th which will be good since I will be scopeless anyways.

</div></div>
You're killin' me! ........There ain't any steel zombies at high power clinics!
laugh.gif

Rotor.... The Kid is out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh-yeah. Tribe can have my spot @ the top if he wants.</div></div>
That's mighty generous man... I knew you were alright!
wink.gif

I may be down, probably just for 1 day though. I have to coordinate with Matt. I'll load up some more .223AI. I also have a new AR for competition to try out, I figure if I can get some medium range shooting in with it, it'll give me a running start on any 3 gun shooting I do this summer.

DSC_1231_2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There ain't any steel zombies at high power clinics!</div></div>

True but with my luck with optics I need to become proficent with iron sights
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah Mattj...that is what I am going for this weekend....little powersaw should clean up the alders nicely.
</div></div>

"So that others may shoot". I sir, salute you.

Its a possibility. Still dont have the "muzzle blast" container built yet. have all the material but currently no access to machine equipment. I have all the components and reloading gear, still setting up my reloading setup. just need to finish up in the next couple weeks. I will try and get some test loads worked up by the shoot.

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackwidow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any luck on finding a longer range out west dsm? i wonder if we head down the road that branches off the main road if there is any down there? </div></div>

Heading out there this weekend Scuba Steve....main thing is the ease of access of targets at our current spot. I know there are longer ranges out there but it would probably take some hiking and raking to see the splash. I am limited to 1500 at the most on a good day with my WSM.....good seein's that's the range of my LRB's.

On another note...the Findlay Cup 2010....I am looking at swapping my Badger M4 for the seekins DMS on my WSM. Is that really needed? I saw over on WCT that Glen himself gave a basic setup for Tactical style matches and claimed to have been beaten by BDL rifles....I know Tribe is still running BDL (correct me if I am wrong) and being as I have never ran a match I am wondering the best way to set up the COF. I am looking into a Molle covered vest ($40) and getting some Redman ammo cards to attatch to it for reloads and possibly in the future attatch mag pouches for the Seekins DMS. I know that once I go with a mag system I am unable to go back to internal mag setup because of the milling of the action....removing the feed lips......any ideas guys? I really like the flush bottom metals and was even considering going ADL since I never drop the floor plate but the mag changes seem like a good benifit for matches....I think I can hold 2+1...can't really get all 3 down and hold the top round out of the way of the bolt for the 3+1.

Or just tell me I am overthinking the whole thing!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or just tell me I am overthinking the whole thing!!!</div></div>

Yup. Honestly, I don't know my ass from my hat.... but my experience was, you just need the essentials to get off your shot.... and that will very with the way the whole thing is set up. At the Findlay cup last year, it was known distances... so taking a look at the kestral, and making up a quick range card, was all that was really needed for the day.... + some binos & some ammo... Stu's ammo cards are sweet for stuffing in a pouch.

At the WCT Steel match however, the shooters needed a range finder, compass, binos & of course ammo at a minimum.

Mags are definately useful at a mult-target stage... but as to critical.... I suppose that depends on how tight the time limit is... the BDL is fine... so long as you load it SMOOTH.... saw a shooter dumping ammo all over the ground last year, trying to clear up a jamb... full on yard sale... but he actually recovered well, and even finished the stage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Tribe, yea I'm planning on shooting this weekend. Which day is best for you? </div></div>
Sunday - AM?.... May get down there Saturday as well, but won't be able to commit to a time.

Well that guy will probably be me this time...my WSM doesn't feed 100% in calm shooting...might have to build the follower up on the outer edge...it wants to kick wierd sometimes. Probably because I had to smooth the feed rails so they didn't scratch the hell out of the cases, just a little bit and that wierd WSM follower has problems....oh well.

Got one of these coming...if you are thinking about it now is the time...$88.00 is cheap compared to google shopping and you enter "stimulis" (SP) and it gives another 10% off. Wanted OD Green but I can buy lots of Krylon for the savings I got...who knows maybe the lighter color will grow on me!!

Botach.com Camelbak Delta 5

With some ammo holders from Stu it should work perfect.

Ok Don and I are in for the Feb 6th trip, I am still working on the details of staying overnight. If I stay I will have to leave early on the 7th for a family function.

hey jim if your reading this please tell April 10th is not the day or weekend of your intended match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAFAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW anyone heard anything about the WCT tactical match this year?</div></div>
Nope.... please post if you do. (Bigs... this is different from Jim's match.)

I went out to try some 2K again today.
Hey Tribe NO FOG! I'll try to post some pics.
url]
[/img]
url]
[/img]
I don't know why it won't just post the pic, but you can see them.
I did manage to get 1 hit on it today before the wind started up, & kicked my A$$.

Nice! Did you have to cut any of that back? Are you shooting at the upper clearing, center, in picture one?

Wow... Looks a LOT different when you can see past the edge of the road!
laugh.gif

Yeah. I was shooting from the same place we parked. The target is in the larger oval shaped clearing, just left of center, near the bottom tree line. Even when I blow it up as far as it will go, I can't see it, & I know where it is. Needed 86.5 moa, & 3.5L wind to hit. Range was 1930yds. Temp-45*/27.67"/48%/2-3mph from 2:00 o'clock. I only hit it once. After that the wind came up , & as usual it blew one way for a minute, & then switched to the other , & then stopped, etc. Hard to track with no one spotting.
After that I just shot my little steel (Ahmed) @ 700yds.

Well I found a few spots with good range on them but they are only accessible behind gates with no motorized allowed...so bike or pack in. But our spot is still good and I shot some 600-820-1111 yesterday and the spot is in prime shape. I am thinking this time we will block the road with a cardboard box, not the main road just the one leaking to the 1111 target....then use the road that Rotor knocked Tribe's hanger over with the 50 as the outer edge of the range.

I am thinking I will go out Friday night and camp there to ensure we get the spot and then I can come out to the road if need be to meet the SHWW group....so anyone that wants to come out Friday night and stay is welcome to.

As far as a fail safe if this spot gets shut down for some wierd reason(it is public/Rayoneer land but you never know) we will just come back to the range 15 min from Port Angeles. Easy 660 yards and under and I belive some people got close to 1k out there....so that we at least have a back up plan so that the people driving for hours aren't wasteing their time at all.

I'll probably want to come over on Fri. Still have to get reservations on the ferry.
Lots of choices, I think.(I have to call in for my RV)
What's the best time for me to hook up with you on Fri? I can arrive in P/T anywhere from 08:00 to about 21:00 hrs.
As I've never been there I'll need a guide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I found a few spots with good range on them but they are only accessible behind gates with no motorized allowed...so bike or pack in. But our spot is still good and I shot some 600-820-1111 yesterday and the spot is in prime shape. I am thinking this time we will block the road with a cardboard box, not the main road just the one leaking to the 1111 target....then use the road that Rotor knocked Tribe's hanger over with the 50 as the outer edge of the range.</div></div>
That pack in spot sounds very appealing for one of these trips.... does that mean targets get packed as well?

Longeyes.... good day today!

Tribe, yes it was a great day. Punched in the new numbers into JBM, would you believe only .3mil additional drop till 500yds and .8mil additional drop at 1000 --- only loose 100 yds for transonic. Definitely a useable load

2922FarEnd.jpg

This picture shows the potential backup site. Road access to it is from the left high road near the black dot....not sure on distance from locked gate but it is a ways.

The red dot is 700ish and the yellow dot is high 900ish. The black and brown had low reflectivity and I got nothing off the dirt. And rough guessins it would be close to a mile. The road I am on in the pic is easily blockable and not highly traveled. So if a shooter wanted to hike in with gear and shoot towards the picture location that could work easily. Dots all correspond via color.

2922StoneBridgeViewofFarEnd.jpg

You can get the idea of the spread here!! This is made relative by the next picture.
2922StoneBridgePit.jpg

Third pic shows the rest of the panoramic view. Pink dot was around 850ish and is a gravel pit about 150 yards round. The road coming at picture is the access to the picture spot, and is a through road but could be used as shooting position. Left is the first picture location and right is the main road. If you follow the road away from picture you can see the change from Alder trees to Evergreen trees...that color change is the road...so while this setup is not as easily accessed and controlled as our other spot it has the ability to be used safely. Mainly is the fact that we are near roads and that anythime there could be traffic on the roads we have to control it with sinage and blocking. There are always lots of spots that we can team shoot.

Easy way to do it with radios would be to first block the first picture location and then having guys pack in to the black dot or brown dot which have roads right there. And a team of people in the gravel pit shooting short distances and when the people at the Black and Brown need steel help or move targets, the Gravel pit guys would go assist.

Just some more options....confusing over pictures but really easy in person!!!