• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Targets are totally portable so we can put them wherever.

Bigwheels, Blackwidow and myself are leaving Albertson's at 13:30 Friday the 5th.

If you are coming out Saturday please figure a time that you belive you will be at the spot and we will take a break at that time to avoid any confusion. I belive that is Tribe on that one.

Loading targets currently but hopefully we can have a bit of a arrive and depart plan (timewise).

I'm planning on leaving Alby's no later than 9:30... so expect the convoy (if any) 10:15-10:30....

If anyone is planning on meeting me at Alby's please let me know, so I can look out for you.... be advised, this bus won't wait
wink.gif

BTW... I believe I'm gonna need some serious carbine time as well
laugh.gif

DSM... I've got your book.

Mattj.... I've got your crap.....

Can't wait.... been a looooong off season!

Oh..... and The Moth is at the gun plumber's..... toasted the barrel in 2.5 months....
sick.gif
eek.gif
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Oh..... and The Moth is at the gun plumber's..... toasted the barrel in 2.5 months....
sick.gif
eek.gif
grin.gif
</div></div>

DUDE!!!!!

So what are you rebarreling to? 243AI? That is the 6x47 correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DUDE!!!!!

So what are you rebarreling to? 243AI? That is the 6x47 correct?</div></div>
Heh... that's what I said!

Yes, it was a 6x47L.... right now, I'm just having a 308 spun up on a 30 cal ABS I had waiting for a home.... I'm thinking of moving to 260Rem.... hopefully a bit more forgiving in terms of barrel life vs. hard (read ::stupid::
crazy.gif
) shooting.... and if that don't work out.... I'm down with 308!
grin.gif

Yeah paper are good...you know the range longeyes so it is a drive down to check paper though.

Tribe, I have a 7-08 on order right now and plan on going to 18" with it....should be a good time, might even be able to convert you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mattj.... I've got your crap.....
</div></div>

Thank you sir.

Market Garden and I are pooling and plan to be at Albys for the convoy, but if the boat is slow or something, my GPS can get us to the spot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey DS:
Make sure and have at least one person camp up on the top of the range, that way we are sure no one beats us up there sat am.

CJG </div></div>

But it is scary up there all by your self!!!!

I am thinking we might just camp up there like we did last time....I am toying with the notion of a little night shooting.
cool.gif

DON'T FORGET YOUR TRADE/SALE FODDER!!!! YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SHOOT WITHOUT FODDER!!!!!!
wink.gif

I have some AR plate 4/6/8 inch squares on a rack and a 45% IPSC spring back that I will throw in my truck if they can be set up .
Also have some gallon milk jugs I can fill with H2O..anything else I can bring let me know..
See you in the AM

Mike

Great,

Also I just talked to a buddy of mine he has done a few matches with his M1A and would like to tag along saturday, anyone mind? Mainly to get back into shooting and he might be my carbine partner...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOOTNECK9Z45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have some AR plate 4/6/8 inch squares on a rack and a 45% IPSC spring back that I will throw in my truck if they can be set up .
Also have some gallon milk jugs I can fill with H2O..anything else I can bring let me know..
See you in the AM

Mike </div></div>

I ended up with your white spray paint. I will bring it out next time we all get together.

Good shooting today by all, I had a great time.

CJG

Hey fellas.... I just want to say how truly grateful I am for having a group of guys that like to get together and do this stuff! I feel like a kid on Christmas day, every time we put together one of these things... Thanks everybody, just for coming out, being cool, and sharing... I got to wander down the line, and get little tastes here and there... Like a kick-ass sampler tray at Hooters or somethin'!
wink.gif

Special thanks to Rotor for handling Steel Jockey duties....

And of course, last but not least.... especially to DSM, for organizing everything, holding down the fort, providing the steel.... You da' man! .....oh and congratulations on that whole "puberty thing", finally working out!
laugh.gif

Many thanks for a great day DSM ... Rotor and all that put this together..The three hour drive home gave me time to process what I learned during the day (the brain is not what it used to be ! )
Rotor..The paint is a small price to pay..use it up!!
Tribe..next weekend Sunday would be best for me ..let me know

Thanks once again

Mike

great time guys, was bummed I didn't have the scope for the .50 and I ran out of ammo so fast...

When I got home I had to do some more testing and i got the ar10 pushing those 208s @ 2550 now without showing excessive pressure signs...

Awesome weekend---Thanks DSM, Rotor, Widow and any body else I'm forgetting. Once again you guys host a great weekend. I had a great time met some new shooters and learned book loads.
Ohh and DSM that is a pretty stylish whisker set you're sporting.
Widow, that cannon of yours is quite a stick--nice

Well, the ferry didn't sink on the way home. I had a great time, met a bunch of great guys, & learned a lot. Thanks DSM, BW, & everyone else. Love to do it again.
Hey longeyes, PM me an address & I'll send you the instructions for that wind meter.
Have a lot of data to assimilate. So , off I go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wenatchee "Findlay cup" date etc:
4-17-10. 2-man team all steel match. Carbine/ rifle.
Known distance for most, will have to use your reticle for a couple of targets. 100 rounds carbine, 60 rounds rifle.
Night shoot will be individual precision rifle, $ to enter, winner take all $. Dinner will be provided as part of entry fee.
More details to come.
Jim

</div></div>

I think the winner take all portion was for the night shoot Rotor.

Wow Guys I just wanted to say thanks to joe and rotor and everyone else that helped to set this up, we had a great time and cant wait to do it again.
Of course as always I left with lots of ideas and desires

Does anyone know the name of the gun shop that brought a couple of demo rifles to the JTP match last year? it was r something

Hey Black Widow. I just looked @ that clear cut we were wondering how far it was. You remember, the one on the ridge over that point. It's over 8K yds. The little point in front of it was 3400 yds.(Google Earth is my friend) You'd better load that cannon a little hotter if you want to reach over there!

That sounds like a good time, we will be in touch.

No problem on running steal for you guys, its actually pretty fun. As long as we keep getting together and its not pouring rain I will run the steel. I cant wait for summer when it gets dark later, we will have some good shoots this summer, that's for sure.

CJG

Rotor...I think I am just going to run my current setup with the WSM and just pay the $30 extra. It would really be pucshing it top run the 7-08. And the more I look at scopes I am probably going to go with MIL/MIL and max out at 10x. Just use the 7-08 as a Midrange rifle...that can go out to 1200 ish, but for now I know the WSM and it is ready to run.

What is the date/itenerary for the Findly Cup? 3-27-10?

Teams are:

#1) Tribe & Longeyes
#2) MattJ & Market Garden
#3) Dafar & Don
#4) Rotor & Dontstrokeme

Is this the SHWW showing?

PS does everybody have some loop velcor attatchment point? Gonna ask Stu about some SHWW patches.

Sounds good DS. I bought that accupoint today, that has the mil reticle in it so I should be able to spot too. I think we are set now, just need some practice... I think this is going to be a real good time for all.

CJG

Thanks to everybody for the awesome shoot last weekend -- and especially you guys who did the org and grunt work. I'm learning a ton each time we go out there.

That's an affirmative for MG and I teaming up at the Findlay Cup.

SHWW patches would be wicked awesome... would like great on the velcro strip on my pack.

Hey Guys a couple of things.
1 Very regrettfully with the switch in the dates Don and I will not be able to make the jtp match or the steel challenge this year

2 out of curiousity was anyone using a 10x scope this weekend? if so I am curious as to how it worked on the longer targets

I was using a 3-9x Accupoint on my AR-15 (at 9x). I didn't attempt a shot on the real long targets, but I did spot for Matt on the 1020 yard target with to see if it was doable for the wenatchee match. I had no problem at all spotting misses, and I would have had no problem using that scope to engage targets out past 1k if it weren't mounted on a .223.