• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Could be either/or. For the guys coming across the sound, it would probably be an overnighter, just to make it more worthwhile.
The "Match" would only take a few hours. This will be an "informal"..."Match". Nothing fancy, just a variety of FFP's with multiple targets to get practiced up for a "Real Match".
Anything else, & I'd have to charge for it, & have prizes!

Alright. That sounds good then. If you can make it work on the 20th, I'd love to shoot it.
smile.gif

If I've got the date open, I'd love to be there.... but spring is getting BOOOOOKED for this guy.

By the way... met a local... trying to get a company off the ground. If you're in the market for rings, you may want to give these a look... cool guy, and he said he could make them to suit... the concept looked cool in person, but beyond that, I couldn't recommend them one way or the other.... I know nothing... per usual.
wink.gif

Just throwing it out there to help a brother out.

AmericanRifle.com... his name is Ted.

img_4406a_860_general.jpg

Wow...$200 for rings.....look like a good idea but not sure how somthing that can be done for $50 (Burris Xtreme Rings) can be beat out by $200 set. I was all set to give the guy a try but not for that kind of money. Might try to contact him and offer a tester situation
blush.gif

American Rifle Rings

For us guys driving, is this Big's Steel Challange about the same as the Sol Duc shootout? Camping there like cavemen? I have a sister near the area that we might be able to link up with if she still has property on the Skagit River....and it is halfway close to the BSC shoot....(figured I would try a name on and see how it fits!!!)

You can camp any way you want. I might bring the camper out, but the place I usually camp might be a pistol stage...Hmmm, decisions,decisions.
Going to see if I can get some more steel for this. And deciding on a few pistol stages, or not. Problem with pistols, is the targets. I don't have any actual pistol targets, & don't like the idea of using pop cans, etc. Then there's the number of RSO's for all the stages.
I did work out a COF that I'll check out next time I'm up there. Should be challenging, but not TOO hard.
Should be 5 rifle stages with 1-3 targets at each stage, & 2 rnds/target.
1 stage will be sitting, 1 stage will be off a berm with no artificial support allowed.
2 of the stages will be UKD at a pretty good range, & 1 will be a steel sil. @ 1200 yds.

2 cases of full cheap pop would be a good entry fee....for the pistol stage. I have some lighter steel for the pistol stage but never been too sure on the close up richoet from pistol fire, I am sure that a downward facing steel would do but I have no downward facing steel hangers.

In IDPA/USPSA matches the minimum engagement distance for steel is 10 yards. Occasionally there's a piece of shrapnel that gets bounced back, but as long as people are wearing eye protection it's not a problem. The vast majority of time the round just splatters on the plate and there's no problem at all.

yea, angling the steel slighty towards the ground helps alot on the close range pistol stuff, but like MG said, wearing glasses and usually it will just draw a little blood and leave a nice bruise like a bad airsoft/paintball hit.

Assuming that a few pistol stages are in, I would want them to be more challenging than 10 yds. I was thinking of 15-25 yds.
It also depends on wheather everyone is up for the pistol stages. Everyone may not have one.
I was also thinking of making the pistol stages count prety high on the overall score.(if they are in).
I'm also not as comfortable with all the safety aspects of pistols. Most don't practice with them enough.(hospital is a long way away)

OK gents my scope (or rather a new scope) shipped today. Should have it mounted by this weekend.

TRIBE ITS ON!

Market, did ya shoot the Razor? Thoughts?

For the rest of you, I hope to play catch up on all the fun you guys have been having while I played the part of the kid with the broken bigwheel.

A.S.

I've shot the Razor a bit the last two days. I'm getting way more used to the limited eyebox, and I really hardly even notice it now. Other than that, the clarity of the glass is great, and I am thrilled with the scope overall. I fiddled around a bit with the zero stop yesterday, and it seems to work as it's supposed to. I really didn't knock myself out actually getting a perfect zero since I'm developing a load, and don't know for sure where I'll end up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Station</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK gents my scope (or rather a new scope) shipped today. Should have it mounted by this weekend.

TRIBE ITS ON!

Market, did ya shoot the Razor? Thoughts?

For the rest of you, I hope to play catch up on all the fun you guys have been having while I played the part of the kid with the broken bigwheel.

A.S.</div></div>

Whooot! Hopefully we can actually do some shooting before you take off again!

The 13th, 14th, or 20th would all work for me. I'd prefer not to do it the 13th if possible though, as I'd have to skip another match to do it, but if the 13th works best for everyone else, I'd skip my other match to shoot this.

As much as I like the idea of doing some pistol stages, the more I think about it, the more I think they will be more complicated than they are worth. That is not to say we can't set up some plinking targets for pistols. there will be plenty of room for that.
Any one else want to chime in on the date? 13th, 20th? Something else?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As much as I like the idea of doing some pistol stages, the more I think about it, the more I think they will be more complicated than they are worth. That is not to say we can't set up some plinking targets for pistols. there will be plenty of room for that.
Any one else want to chime in on the date? 13th, 20th? Something else? </div></div>

I want to do it on the 5th or 9th....dude you just have to pick a date or a date will never be collectivly settled on. At least that is what I have found. Odds are any weekend will work, or it wont and some people wont make it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I should be in, Rotor if you want to carpool I will probably drive either my wife's G6 or my truck. </div></div>

I will let you know.

CJG

I'll go ahead, & plan to stay up there the whole weekend. So if anyone wants to shoot on Sun. We can have the comp again. That way if people have some problems with a stage, or something, on Sat, they can work it out, & learn from it on Sun.

I just got back from scouting out the rest of the targets. Going to try to keep them all @ about 3 moa in size for range, & will have 5 FFP's, with mostly 2 targets/FFP. Up/Dn hill, KD, & UKD Prone/sitting, & improvised positions.
Looking for more steel to round out the rest of the targets. Should only need 2-8"/2-10", & 3-15" steels, & some chain(which I have).

So. How many are planning to show, & when?(Fri. night/Sat. morning/Sat. night/Sun. morning)
How long are you planning on staying?

Max (my Son)and I will plan on being there Friday 18.00 ish (guessing 3hrs from Tacoma) I have 4/6/8 inch squares and the 45% ipsc target I can throw in.
I have a buddy that hauls steel scrap by barge from Canada so I can probably get some plate if needed..let me know
Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOOTNECK9Z45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have a buddy that hauls steel scrap by barge from Canada so I can probably get some plate if needed..let me know
Mike </div></div>

Mike,

Plate steel for targets is very difficult to come by. I'm sure SHWW can use all the good plate steel for targets that they can get their hands on.

Also, I'd like a few good plate targets for my own. I have a couple of buddies out here that are interested in doing shoots on this side of the state.

Please contact me as to what me and my friends need to do to get a few larger pieces of decent plate steel for shooting.

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOOTNECK9Z45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mike </div></div>

Mike,

Plate steel for targets is very difficult to come by. I'm sure SHWW can use all the good plate steel for targets that they can get their hands on.

Also, I'd like a few good plate targets for my own. I have a couple of buddies out here that are interested in doing shoots on this side of the state.

Please contact me as to what me and my friends need to do to get a few larger pieces of decent plate steel for shooting.

Thanks!
</div></div>

He's aliiiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!!! Good shoot I take it?

Wenatchee Findlay Cup update:
Match date: 3-27-10. 2 man team event. One shooting rifle, one shooting carbine. Carbine targets will be from 100 to 500 yards, static, mover, and speed drills. Mag changes required. 120 rounds.
Rifle shooter will have targets from 300 to 1200 yards. Static and movers. 60 rounds.
Time permitting there will be a team on team event. you will need 10-30 round per rifle for this.
There will be a night event as well. This will count towards the team match.
dinner is include in the entry fee. Tee shirts are still in the decision stage.
Price $100.00 per team
The match location is very remote. There is a small town 10 miles away with limited services. Bring what you need as there will not be time to go to town. We will have an EMT on site and very limited first aid. Eye and ear protection required.
Sign in 11am
Safety meeting 12 noon, hot range at 12:30pm
All targets are steel. No AP or steel core ammo of any kind.
You will be hiking on rough but flat terrain for approximately 1-1/2 miles. The match will run rain or shine.
There is overnight camping allowed for Saturday night only.
All camping must be self contained.
The match location is on privite property. The match will be run by North Central WA gun club.
There will be no tresspassing before or after the match.
If you have any questions please contact me ASAP
Send checks (made out to NCW Gun Club)and a entry form stating who is on your team and contact information to:
Jim Findlay
POB 3893
Wenatchee WA 98807
Thank you and look forward to seeing you at the match.
Jim
509-884-1000