• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nailz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I'd like to be counted in on the cup as well. Sounds like fun and I am sure I would learn a lot, please keep me in the loop!

Marty </div></div>

Are you the same Nailz from WCT?

As far as shooting the Findlay Cup/ JTP match it is a partnership style shoot. Hopps here was looking to run his carbine...not sure but I think you might run the risk of missing out on a team-up at the match...but who knows.

No idea what WCT is so I'm pretty sure it isn't me.
smile.gif

As far as a team up, it's all good, if there is an odd man out like myself, then maybe we can join forces...

If it doesn't work out for this one, i'll keep an eye out for the next "get together and shoot for the fun of it".

Thanks!

Marty

I'll be at the Findley Cup ( it's the 10th one, haven't missed one yet)

I do the Art stuff and will have a PDF file brochure done up very soon, and if you want one hit my e-mail PatM(at)genext.net

Will also be at Kettle Fall's shoot and Oregon Sniper Challange

still working it out, I have my bolt .06 and my AR-10 and with the 208s in it they don't go subsonic until after 1200 so could conceivably do the long range with the AR and then I would need a carbine partner.

At least she has a big brother!!

And I have never seen your son...and don't take this the wrong way (directed at you not your boy
wink.gif
), but at least she will look like your wife and not so much like you!!!! Bald hairy girls are always trouble!!!
laugh.gif

grats BW, how many does that make?

on the 06, I shoot 190grain sierras and bergers with it, it is very accurate out to 800, never shot it further. Was bummed I forgot to grab the box of ammo when I came out to the shoot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hopps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MarketG, who makes that ambi bolt release you had on your ar?</div></div>

It's not really intended to be an ambi release, it's geared to right handed shooters specifically to allow you to manipulate the bolt catch without changing your grip on the rifle with your firing hand. Left handed shooters still have to change their grip to work the bolt release.

Anyways, the thing is called the BAD, and it's made by Magpul. I got mine from a vendor here, MidwestPX.com

Rotor and I are looking at this coming weekend 20 and 21 to get together and practice. We can go to the spot outside of Port Angeles...the close one with flat 400 yards and easy 660 yards with longer range available. And figured that if anybody else wanted to get some team practice in that they are welcome to come out.

We can go to either Rotors spot on Hwy 104 or Cascade as long as people without memberships can get in.

What is the census on that?

too bad its not a 7 wsm wouldnt mind that one maybe we can work out a deal for the action and barrel. all depends on if i can get into the school i'm trying to get into...depends on grants and fianacal aid since i'll be gone for 7 months with no one in the family working but when i get out i'll be making BANK!!!!

Well it will be riding in the factory take off BDL stock from my 7-08, so it will be shootable. And I have under 600 rounds through it at mid-level speeds but I am sure you could burn out the barrel in another 100 rounds!!!!!
laugh.gif
Then you could go to the 7mmWSM!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hopps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">also roto,

I saw you talking in the roedale group buy, we should just get a list of like 10 people and tell pete we wanna do another group buy.

brakes:
http://www.webshop.roedale.de/index.php?cat=c89_Muzzle-Brakes.html </div></div>

Ya I thought about that, but then I looked at how long it took for them to do the last group by and it looks like it took several months. I dont have that kind of time so i just ordered one, and im supposed to have it on my doorstep within the next 3-4 weeks. If your not in a hurry you can check mine out and decide if its worth it. I like the looks of it because its supposed to vent most of the cuncussion out the top rather than around and through the bottom where it kicks junk of the ground and on everything. BTW poder valley is awesome, I order stuff through them pretty often.

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also anyone word on the WCT shoot?

CJG</div></div>

Yeah, ditto -- sent in my stuff a few weeks ago, but haven't heard a thing.

I just got back from a weekend shooting, & scouting new spots. I now have up to 7-8 firing positions with varying range from 300, out to 2K yds.
I was thinking of hosting a SMALL group in my AO for a Steel Challenge type match. Say about 4 FFP's with targets ranging from 300-1200 yds. With hikes between them about 1 mile total distance.
No cover, bring some steel if you have some. I can set up balloons for the closer shots.
PM me if you would be interested. I think it would be fun.

I thought I might hear from you. I have no date set up, so start thinking about a weekend. Call it a practise run before the REAL Steel Challenge.
After the comp. We can try to get some 2K in too, if we have time.

Date is in the works. I want to do it before the WCT Steel Challenge in Kettle Falls on May 15th. But with the Findly Cup in Apr. I'm wanting suggestions.
I'll throw out March 20-21 for starters. Daylight saving has changed, & thats the spring equinox.