• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

wow I should have looked at this thread earlier 2 new comps to go to my wife is going to love this. Hopefully I will be able to go to both. findlay cup and the 20th shoot near sedro that is only like 1.5hrs from my house nice.

scott

Yeah!!
laugh.gif

Hey DSM. Haven't heard from you guys yet. You planning on coming up fri. night, or sat. AM? BW coming up as well?
Trying to plan out if I'm going to bring the pavilion, or just camp out in the tent for 1 night. Depends on if anyone is going to stay through Sun.

Ok, so you will be there for Sat. & stay 'till Sun. eavening.
BTW. Daylight savings will be going on the week before, so it won't get dark 'till about 7:00, so if you want to come over Fri. Thats cool too. I'll be up there already with Bootneck.
PM with directions inbound.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow... I must have just got the last of them at Powder Valley
grin.gif
</div></div>

when you get a chance, I'd like to get a comparison from you between the 208 A-MAX and the 220 SMK's regarding accuracy, wind bucking and trajectory.

FWIW - I'm having excellent success with the 220 SMK's. Just couldn't miss with them. However, that Krieger barrel I bought with the ultra tight Palma bore (.298-.3065) combined with the 1:10 twist is just to fast for the light bullets (Lapua and Berger 155's). those little bullets had a mind of their own when they left the barrel.

Ok. As it stands now, this is the confirmed list for Sat. 3/20/10 BSC.

Bootneck(Fri. night)
Market Garden(Sat. AM)
Rotortuner(Sat.AM)
DSM(Sat-Sun.)
TT(Sat.AM)
Am I missing anyone? I understand that others may want to show for Sun. too.

That's right.
Bigs Steel Challenge-3/20/10 (this isn't realy a comp, per-se. Just a practice run before the real ones)
Findley Cup-3/27/10 (near Wenatchee)
Steel Challenge-5/15/10 (near Kettle Falls)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when you get a chance, I'd like to get a comparison from you between the 208 A-MAX and the 220 SMK's regarding accuracy, wind bucking and trajectory.

FWIW - I'm having excellent success with the 220 SMK's. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Just couldn't miss with them.</span> </div></div>

Yeah.... sounds like it about time to start F'n with it, till it wont shoot for s@&%... and start over! I'm awful fond of that method myself...
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow... I must have just got the last of them at Powder Valley
grin.gif
</div></div>

naw, I picked up a few. thousand.

Actually, if you could bring your quad, that would be great. A couple of the targets are going to be several hundred yds from the road in clear cuts. But should be quad accessible. Or close to.

Talked to Line Strech and he has 7 screens for the tshirts left if anybody wants one....SniperCJ is his handle on the hide.....since I don't need any if one of the newer guys wants to get the whole order and distribute them go for it.

Chad are you shooting the 220's out of your 308? if so what is therest of your load data.

Did you guys see the new 308 match load Hornady is coming out with. It has a 178 grainer out of a 24 inch barrel at 2800 FPS supposedly it has a bc of .58

This is what I have cut and ready to bring

20 x 20 x 1/2 ... one...top corners 1/2 hole punched
12 x 24 x 1 ... one .... 3/4 nuts welded on back
10 x 10 x 1/2 ... seven ... top corners punched

4/6/8 in AR500 squares
45% IPSC spring back
Rack to hold the AR squares

Let me know what to bring.

Mike

Ah Big wheels Thank you for the invite. I truly wish I could make it but the better half has a claim staked for that weekend. So unless I want the stake shoved someplace where the splitters would really hurt I have to pass.
Hopefully next time

PS My AICS stock has arrived, all I am waiting for is my barreled action from pac-nor and I will have my 260 rollin

you kinow if you look at the other link up groups on the hide we seem to be the biggest and certainly the most talkative.

I know Rotor and Bootneck will like this, our home range is limited to 200 yards however, they let us shoot steel;as long as it is safe and properly or commercially constructed. Anyway, I have talked to hide member osuarchitect and he is going to make me a triple spinner on a folding frame. it will have a 2 inch, a 4 inch and a 6 inch disc for use at the 200 yard line.

Seems like the 20th shoot is looking like this:

Friday night arrivals:
Bootneck, & Max
DSM, & Hopps

Saturday arrivals:
Market Garden
Rotortuner
TT
Diggler44. & friend?

Possible Sunday shooters:
Tribe

Missing anyone?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> However, that Krieger barrel I bought with the ultra tight Palma bore (.298-.3065) combined with the 1:10 twist is just to fast for the light bullets (Lapua and Berger 155's). those little bullets had a mind of their own when they left the barrel... </div></div>

Ok, wrong again. I went to the range today and proved how wrong I was. "those little bullets" shooting out the ultra tight Palma bore with the 1:10 twist <span style="font-style: italic">fly straight after all</span>. However, at 100 yards they're shooting <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">2 mils lower</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">1 mil</span> to the left</span>. That much shift in impact at only 100 yards! Obviously, I didn't see those impacts when shooting out at the Gorge.

So, without further ado, here is the shot group of the day

2010-03-06_shot_group_1-551x600.jpg

and the runner up shot group of the day.

2010-03-06_shot_group_2-561x600.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that out of your budget Howa? </div></div>

You mean this guy? A standard Weatherby Vanguard/ Howa 1500 but with a krieger barrel and a Bell & Carlson stock: Yes it is!

reloading3-600x450.jpg